PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: spell creation

Scottlang
2018-05-24, 01:41 AM
I have a character who wants to create a spell similar to protection from evil, BUT what he wants to do is change the 3rd part of the spell which reads:

the spell prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. Summoned creatures that are not evil are immune to this effect. The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.

And replace summoned creatures to undead, and I know that of he can he'll put in Giant, and others from the ranger's favoured enemy list.. Can this be done?? I feel that it would be a broken spell if allowed. But my feelings aside. Is this possible??

EldritchWeaver
2018-05-24, 08:27 AM
It is possible. Is it balanced? You could argue that this works similar like bane and that you can choose which particular category it helps against when you cast (instead having a separate spell for each category). That would be worth at least one higher spell level. Maybe it needs other adjustments to make this more smoothly, depending on the exact interactions and how useful this spell is.

Geddy2112
2018-05-24, 10:20 AM
Anti incorporeal shell and anti life shell are much stronger than protection/magic circle from, and a much higher level. Even keyed to specific creatures, preventing contact is a little zesty.

If you do this, I would bump the level at least one higher, or on par with the appropriate shell.