France: GrandeDukeJerot
England: Dwayna_DF07
Japan: Elder_Kin
Turkey: Karmuno
Germany: Vexen
China: Elektro
Austria: Viggo
Russia: Maldiem

Negotiations last until Monday September 10th, because I want you guys to have enough time and I have a lot to do this weekend.

Schedule:
Moves due Wednesdays at 10:00 EST as a kindness to those of you running on that. That's 7:00 my time, so I should have moves up Thursday nights. Retreats due Fridays at 10:00 EST, builds Sundays, same story. Taking this rather slow as it's the first time I've ever DM'd a Dip game.

Elektro
2007-09-06, 02:25 AM
Greetings from the Great Dragon

I am Han Xiang Zi, advisor to Emperor Guangxu. The Son of Heaven has been restored to his rightful position after the downfall of the hated usurper and tyrant Sheng-ji Yang. I will act as his instrument in foreign affairs. Let it be known that Great China will no longer tolerate foreign interference in its affairs as occurred in the Boxer Rebellion. Direct all inquires and correspondence to me.

Zhu ni zou yun!

Gratuitous Alpha Centauri reference for my fellow SMACers Moody and Vexen. Best game ever! Also, contact via PM is preferred.

Vexen
2007-09-06, 09:03 AM
Kaiser Vexen of the grand Empire of Germany is ready and willing to receive emissaries from all nations at this time. I warn all nations of attempted deceipt or treachory as Germany's intelligence agency are quite adept, having already intercepted foreign messages intended for others.:smallwink:

OoC: feel free to PM me, I prefer E-mail if that is acceptable. if so let me know in a PM and i will send you my E-mail. Also for any Newbies i prefer all messages have "Diplomacy-OE&P" in the subject it also makes it easier if you list your nation as well i.e. "Diplomacy -OE&P Germany to Italy"

Moody the Wise
2007-09-06, 09:40 AM
Greetings! The magnificent Kingdom of Italy stands ready to take its rightful place in the world through negotiation and - should it come to it - force. If you wish to avoid use of force, the Italian Embassy stands open to receive diplomats from all corners of the earth.

karmuno
2007-09-06, 09:49 AM
This is a message directly from Sultan Mustafa V, Padisha, Hünkar, Hakan ül-Berreyn vel-Bahreyn, Sovereign of the House of Osman, Sultan of Sultans, Khan of Khans, Caliph of the Faithful and Successor to the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe, Servant of the Holy Cities of Mecca, Madina, and Jerusalem, Caesar of the Roman Empire, Emperor of the Three Cities of Contsantinople, Adrianople, etc.

Diplomatic channels are now officially open. The Sultan prays that we can have civil, productive negotiations to help further our aims of nationalism and modernization.

OoC: J_Muller, What's the actual posting schedule, and can you put it in the original post, please?

Moody the Wise
2007-09-06, 11:30 AM
OoC: If anyone cares to engage in a non-PM method of contact, my email address is [email protected] and my AIM screen name is Londonwerewolf6. And yes, that's a Warren Zevon reference.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-06, 02:58 PM
Hello, I am Dwayna DragonFire, Prime Minister of the great English Empire, representing her majesty, the Queen of England. Any negotiations to be made are to be directed towards me. Let it be known that the English Empire values loyalty, and that any deception will be dealt with accordingly. God save our Queen!

Elder_Kin
2007-09-06, 04:19 PM
OOC: I will be using actual japanese historical figures from the real life time line.

From Katō Takaaki, Foreign Minister of the Empire of Japan (Gaimu Daijin).

http://http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/Takaaki_Kato_suit.jpg/250px-Takaaki_Kato_suit.jpg

Greetings to all representitives of foreign nations. I Katō Takaaki am the representitive of his Imperial Majesty, Emperor of the Chrysanthemum Throne, Emperor Mutsuhito. As his Imperial Majestys' representitive to all foreign nations I would like to first send a warm welcome from his Imperial Majesty as we open diplomatic ties. As we develop our cultural and political associations with one another, let us ensure proper honor and respect.

OOC: For those who wish to contact me outside the PM system, my public e-mail is [email protected]

J_Muller
2007-09-06, 05:38 PM
OoC: J_Muller, What's the actual posting schedule, and can you put it in the original post, please?

((I've added it to the OP.))

Moody the Wise
2007-09-06, 06:37 PM
((I've added it to the OP.))

As far as the schedule goes, retreats and builds should be separate deadlines, at least 24 hours apart, because sometimes retreat orders can influence build orders, either directly or indirectly.

Also, if you need any help, I'll gladly help. I've done the whole thing several times. If you even want to just post all the orders at the appropriate deadlines, I'll adjudicate them and post maps and take care of pretty much everything else.

J_Muller
2007-09-06, 06:41 PM
As far as the schedule goes, retreats and builds should be separate deadlines, at least 24 hours apart, because sometimes retreat orders can influence build orders, either directly or indirectly.

Also, if you need any help, I'll gladly help. I've done the whole thing several times. If you even want to just post all the orders at the appropriate deadlines, I'll adjudicate them and post maps and take care of pretty much everything else.

((Ah, true.

I've edited the schedule to allow for this and adjusted when moves are due to give more time between retreats and builds. Everybody make sure you're familiar with it.))

Moody the Wise
2007-09-06, 07:58 PM
Spring 1901

... Negotiations last until Monday September 10th, because I want you guys to have enough time and I have a lot to do this weekend.

Moves due Wednesdays at 10:00 EST ...

So, just to make this perfectly clear to everyone, there are to be NO negotiations between Monday and Wednesday. =)

J_Muller
2007-09-06, 08:03 PM
So, just to make this perfectly clear to everyone, there are to be NO negotiations between Monday and Wednesday. =)

((...whatever. You guys know what I mean.

Or not. I'm not even sure I know what I mean there. Regardless, moves are due Wednesday, and that's the only deadline you guys need to worry about.))

Moody the Wise
2007-09-06, 08:17 PM
((...whatever. You guys know what I mean.

Or not. I'm not even sure I know what I mean there. Regardless, moves are due Wednesday, and that's the only deadline you guys need to worry about.))

I'm just giving you a hard time, Muller. No hard feelings, though. I can't turn it off - I just have to make snarky comments.

viggo
2007-09-06, 09:20 PM
Greetings and salutations from the Prinz of Austria, Sigmund Broz Ferdinand. We look forward to mutual prosperity with our neighbors and isolation from any childishness, like war and skullduggery.

J_Muller
2007-09-06, 09:21 PM
I'm just giving you a hard time, Muller. No hard feelings, though. I can't turn it off - I just have to make snarky comments.

((Ha, don't worry. I'm the same way a lot of the time. I'm just not having the best of weeks, so I'm a bit off.))

Vexen
2007-09-07, 08:18 AM
I can't turn it off - I just have to make snarky comments.

That and he likes to poke fun at spelling and grammatical errors in hasty posts.:smallwink:

Moody the Wise
2007-09-07, 11:08 AM
That and he likes to poke fun at spelling and grammatical errors in hasty posts.:smallwink:

From the archives:

Supper Powers?

Berlin was in a state of confusion this morning over a recent Turkish radio broadcast. "Who are these Western 'Supper Powers' of which you speak?" We eventually concluded that it must be us Germans. England would be more of a 'Tea-Time Power.' Everyone knows France is the land of all-day breakfast. The last time we checked, Italians subsist only on espresso and chocolates. And it is widely acknowledged that neither the Austrians nor the Russians feed their peasants.

War with Turkey makes babies?

German intelligence has discovered a hidden message in the recent Turkish radio broadcast. "War with Turkey makes babies, and nice girls cry." While we knew that nice girls cry, we were previously unaware that war with Turkey makes babies. We will be researching this claim further. We pray for everyone's sake that it is untrue; otherwise Turkey will likely be seeing a lot of declarations of war pass its way this season. We will also be sending a police unit to the Turkish Emperor to help him catch the dissidents that put this terrible message on the air.

OoC: Yeah, I'm a jerk. But I'm a funny jerk, or at least I like to think so.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-07, 02:41 PM
OOC: Moody, those are hilarious! :smallbiggrin:

J_Muller
2007-09-07, 07:23 PM
Everyone knows France is the land of all-day breakfast.

((This is untrue! I was in France this summer. Breakfast for them is a croissant and a cup of coffee. Spain suffers from this problem as well. I was grateful when I got to England and the hotel had an American-style breakfast buffet.))

Moody the Wise
2007-09-07, 07:26 PM
((This is untrue! I was in France this summer. Breakfast for them is a croissant and a cup of coffee. Spain suffers from this problem as well. I was grateful when I got to England and the hotel had an American-style breakfast buffet.))

... Oh well.

GrandDukeJerot
2007-09-08, 07:27 PM
The Paris Report

President Jaques Sol mobilized the French Republican Army and Navy today, surprising the western powers at large. When questioned by reporters, he made this statement:

"The people of France have been upstaged for far too long. We now wish to make our name even more prominent with expansion. Any resistance to our growth will be rutlessly retaliated, leaving no one behind. The might of France will become renowned across the world."

Vexen
2007-09-08, 10:12 PM
OOC: Moody, those are hilarious! :smallbiggrin:

Have you gone back and seen the game they are from. The first few seasons were pasted with it. it is from Chaos of War.

Though I would like to point out that, though incorrect, the comma in that sentence does not allow for the interpretation that moody used, hilarious as the ensuing commentary may have been.:smalltongue:

Moody the Wise
2007-09-08, 10:44 PM
Have you gone back and seen the game they are from. The first few seasons were pasted with it. it is from Chaos of War.

Though I would like to point out that, though incorrect, the comma in that sentence does not allow for the interpretation that moody used, hilarious as the ensuing commentary may have been.:smalltongue:

No, my interpretation is entirely valid. On what grounds do you find it otherwise?

Moody the Wise
2007-09-10, 01:48 PM
Has anyone heard from Kylmä_Tuli? His profile shows he has not logged in since September 5th. If he's not really going to be here, should we find another player for India, J_Muller? I know that Charity is dying to get in on a game.

J_Muller
2007-09-10, 07:51 PM
A good point, has anyone gotten a response from him in negotiations? If he hasn't shown by tonight after dinner, Charity gets the spot, since he'll need to get negotiations in quick.

thewamp
2007-09-10, 07:52 PM
Or I could play. Charity's in the other game...

J_Muller
2007-09-10, 07:55 PM

Or that. Yeah, since Charity's already playing in one game, you can get it if Kylmä_Tuli doesn't show.

viggo
2007-09-10, 11:21 PM
I'd love to play with thewamp again

Moody the Wise
2007-09-11, 12:25 AM

Sweet, yeah, I love thewamp. He was my arch-nemesis turned fellow beleaguered power turned ally in Chaos of War! I didn't know you were around, or I would have suggested it. Not that Italy and India would have anything to talk about ... (call me).

J_Muller
2007-09-11, 12:46 AM
Right then, I'm back and he hasn't shown. Since the game's starting soon I'll give thewamp the spot immediately... if you need more time than Wednesday, let me know.

thewamp
2007-09-11, 09:17 AM
Yeah, it would be cool if there was an extra day or so. Since there's obviously not going to be builds or retreats, that wouldn't screw the schedule, I think?

And:

India welcomes all to visit its beautiful nation, though we regret that we can allow diplomats and tourists only: our facilities are not currently set up to accommodate foreign armies and there are no plans change this. Any foreign military forces will be kindly reminded to return to their homeland and then, failing obedience, summarily crushed.

We hope we can all prosper in peace.

Ancient Religious Texts Discovered

In the ruins of a long forgotten city in southern India, explorers found a sunken Temple with many religious scriptures. While these are still being interpreted, the gist seems to point to an unknown land promised to the Indian people. Further updates will be posted as events transpire.

J_Muller
2007-09-11, 05:34 PM
Yeah, it would be cool if there was an extra day or so. Since there's obviously not going to be builds or retreats, that wouldn't screw the schedule, I think?

True.

Okay, everybody, move orders are due Thursday at 10:00 PM EST first turn only.

Vexen
2007-09-12, 09:03 AM
well it is a good thing that there is a delay. because as embarrising as it is I can't read the name of one of my provinces. I have Kiel, Berlin and Munich but what is the 4th?

and as a pre-emptive measure here is the head line for you

GERMAN CHANCELLOR FAILS HIGH SCHOOL GEOGRAPHY

It recently came to our attention that the german Kaiser failed his geography classes, and is incapable of naming all of the German provinces. In response to this the Kaiser is reported as saying; "Well, when the entire world is controlled by Germany there will be a whole lot more Germans that have similar difficulties, as it will be really hard to name all of those provinces."
we are not sure we are very keen on his apparent expansionistic views.

OoC: Seriously, though i enlarged the map but the text is on the line so i can't read the name of the province.

thewamp
2007-09-12, 09:12 AM
well it is a good thing that there is a delay. because as embarrising as it is I can't read the name of one of my provinces. I have Kiel, Berlin and Munich but what is the 4th?

pos, I believe. No idea what it stands for though

Vexen
2007-09-12, 09:15 AM
there is a Poznan in Poland. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-12, 12:02 PM
there is a Poznan in Poland. Maybe it has something to do with that.

The territory is referred to as Posen by jDip (it uses full names at certain times). I believe that this is some alternate name (the German name, perhaps?) by which the aforementioned Poznan is known, however. So you're right, I guess. I think.

Vexen
2007-09-12, 12:29 PM
It would be shortened to POS then for orders. Thank you for the clarification.

On another note I am seriously debating using the title. Kaiser Vexen, the not-so-wise as Vittorio. More for the python reference than anything really.

Elektro
2007-09-12, 02:12 PM
The Peking Observer

China Celebrates New Year
All China celebrates the beginning of the Year of the Ox. Large celebrations were marked in all major Chinese cities, especially in Peking and Shang-hai.

Nationalism on the Rise
In China and elsewhere the new year is marked by the prominence of nationalism in foreign affairs. China, having recently shaken off the yoke of European domination, seeks to regain its rightful role as one of the powers of Asia. In the rest of the world, great powers prepare their forces for war and territorial expansion. Reports for preparations for military movements have come in from across the globe. Read all of the breaking developments here!

China Agrees to Joint Administration
China has agreed to the Northeast Asia Joint Administration Agreement. The Agreement, put forth by the Japanese Empire, divides NE Asia into three distinct spheres of influence. The Japanese will gain Korea, while China gains Manchuria. Russia maintains its presence in Vladivostok, along with guarantees of its sovereignty over the Seas of Japan and Ohktosk along with Siberia. Foreign Adviser Han Xiang Zi had this for comment: "China believes that this Agreement will allow our great Empires to expand in peace. We look forward to continuing cooperation with Russia and Japan, and believe our peaceful coexistence will serve as an example for the entire world."

viggo
2007-09-12, 05:35 PM
Prinz Ferdinand administers China's joint

More drug jokes to follow

Elder_Kin
2007-09-13, 04:06 PM
The Yomiuri Shimbun

Imperial Family Celebrates birth of Heir!

Great celebration has filled Japan! The Chrysanthemum Throne beirs a new heir. Heir apparent Michinomiya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Sh%C5%8Dwa) has been born to Crown Prince Yoshihito and Crown Princess Sadako. The young child was born April 29 in the Aoyama palace in Tokyo. The entire country will be celebrating the arrival of the newest member of the Imperial Family with much fanfare and gladness. A portrait of the new heir apparent will be presented to the Imperial Diet Kizokuin (House of Peers) and the Imperial Diet Shūgiin (House of Representatives) within the coming weeks.

Katsura Tarō Elected Prime Minister

Katsura Tarō, former Minister of War and hero both Boshin Sensō (Boshin War) and of the Battle of Niuchwang in the late conflict with the Chinese, Minister Katsura is expected to expand influence in Asia with his greater posistion in the national government. Recently having helped draft the North-East Asian Joint Administration Agreement, Minister Katsura intends to, with his fellow ministers and members of the Supreme War Council, solidify Japan as one of the Great Powers and maintain a peaceful co-exsistance with other nations.

"Our future occupation and marginalization of Korean, which is expected to be completed by October of this year will place us in an effective posistion in Asia. Our placing the Sea of Japan as a neutral border between us and the Russians, along with the careful monitoring of joint fleet actions in the East China Sea will allow us the flexibility of not fearing for our own territory and prevent unecessary war."
-Katsuro Tarō

J_Muller
2007-09-13, 05:12 PM
Whoops...

I just realized that I forgot to post a 24-hour warning last night. Two sets of orders are still out, and since I forgot to warn you guys, I won't put down NMRs for those countries just yet--but for those of you who haven't sent in orders yet, make sure they're in to me ASAP.

J_Muller
2007-09-13, 11:17 PM
Spring 1901
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1901M.jpg

Orders:

Austria
A bud-mon
A klu-ser
F tri-adr
A vie-klu

China
F can-sch
A han-sik
A pek-man

England
F edi-nrg
F joh-tha (Coast unspecified. Unit assigned hold order.)
F liv-iri
F lon-nth

France
F bre-eng
A mar-spa
A par-pic
F sai-gos

Germany
A ber-kie
F kie-hol
A mun-ruh
A pos-sax

India
A cal-brm
A del-afg
F mad-ara

Italy
F mag-dan
F nap-ion
A rom-apu
A ven-tyr

Japan
F kyo-soj
F osa-ecs
F tok-npo

Russia
A mos-stp
A oms-sib
F sev-bla (Bounced with ank 1:1)
F stp/sc-gob
F vla holds
A war-ukr

Turkey
F ank-bla (Bounced with sev 1:1)
A bag-ira
A con-bul
A smy-arm

Moody the Wise
2007-09-18, 02:40 PM
Headline News:

Ethiopia and Pentopolis to be absorbed into Italian Empire

Trouble in Adriatic Makes Tyrolian General Uneasy

Ottoman Empire Respects Italian Claims to Africa

French Fleets Threaten London

Kaiser Vexen Gives Sweden to Russia

Maldiem
2007-09-18, 03:31 PM
Excerpts from the Moscow Serf

...The Czar mobilized his armies recently in response to clear Ottoman aggression. His minister of War warned the Russian people that they may be called on to repel the invaders...

...English fleets have been spotted in a position that can only be poised to invade Norway. The Czar maintains his claims over Norway are irrefutable, and that if the English proceed with their belligerence, war seems inevitable...

...Sweden will be welcomed into the Russian domain this winter, and invitations to a celebratory ball have been given to Swedish nobility. It remains to be seen if any will attend...

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-18, 04:09 PM
England in Grave Danger

There have been many reports of French and German fleets closing in on the borders of England's beloved capital. Sources say that the Prime Minister is currently in a conference with the Queen herself to decide what action to take in the seasons to come.

Elder_Kin
2007-09-19, 05:05 PM
Just as a suggestion. Since we have a new dude, could we update the opening post say thewamp is India? Just a little tid bit.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-19, 09:39 PM
English Apology to Germans

Recent reports have come in, stating that the only real threat to the English Empire at this current time are the French fleets bordering London. Sources say that the Queen decided to retract her previous statement because she misinterpreted the signs of the battle.

J_Muller
2007-09-19, 09:57 PM
Okay, so my congratulations to you all--despite my complete failure to post a 24-hour warning (next time I'll write on myself as a reminder, promise), all but one of you have submitted orders on time. Because I failed to warn you all again, I'll just adjucate once I get all orders in.

GrandDukeJerot
2007-09-20, 09:11 AM
French Confused by England's Accusal

The french prime minister was disturbed when he learned of England accusing him of agression. In a response speech from paris, he announced that the mobilization of the fleet into the english channel was purely defensive. Jaques Sol said that he beleived that the English could very easily launch an attack upon French soil, and wished to fortify the position.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-20, 10:56 AM
Excerpted from King Vittorio's recent speech in Milan:

When will my peers stop fooling around and just call a pot a pot? It's called the English Channel for a reason. Yvan eht nioj. French fleets really have no business being there unless they want to tick off England. If Prime Minister Dwayna had ordered her fleet there, President Sol would be having a fit right now, talking about England's plans to invade France. Yvan eht nioj. They really should have just both steered clear of the place ... Yvan eht nioj.

Elder_Kin
2007-09-20, 03:42 PM
See this is what happens when communication breaks down. I think the japanese have contacted every single nation personally (I think I might have left italy and Hungary out of the loop) but that's about it I think.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-20, 06:45 PM
Italians Have a Point

viggo
2007-09-21, 01:34 AM
Austrians Concerned about Expansionist Italy

Serbia to be Brought Back Into the Austrian Empire

Prinz is a Little Hammered on Whiskey, Thank You Ireland

thewamp
2007-09-21, 09:13 AM
Inexplicable Patriotism
The number of Indian men joining the Navy recently has increased slightly, a result pleasing to High Priest Wampdhi. "I am glad they feel strong enough in their fate to lay their lives on the line for the Navy."

Reports that an astounding percentage of the new recruits speak Italian continues to puzzle military experts. "It's as if understanding Italian led to them feeling compelled to join the Navy. But that's preposterous."

Slavery in Turkey Continues
Special Indian "reporters" inside of Turkey report that the gradual enslavement of all non-Turks in Turkey continues, leading to much conflict While no firm death toll has been established, it is widely believed that the number exceeds 10,000.

In an angry speech today, Wampdhi proclaimed "We will not stand for this. We will not let leaders oppress others so cruelly. We shall fight them on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets... and we'll sort of just fight them in general."

Elder_Kin
2007-09-21, 09:33 AM
The Yomiuri Shimbun

Japanese Visit Rome in an Attempt to Open Diplomatic Relations

All roads lead to rome, an old italian adage has certainly proven true in the case of 14 Japanese nobles and 2 MP who made a recent visit to the Italian capital. Minister of Foreign Affairs, Komura Jutarō and Prime minister Katsura Tarō visited the peninsular nation this November as part of an attempt to expand Japanese awareness of western states. There they were introduced to many interesting cuisines such as the legendary "Spaghetti" and "Pizza". These delicious treats were enjoyed by the visitors and most likely will incur a visit from the Emperor himself in the near future.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-21, 10:27 AM
OoC: For everyone who has played with me before, I apologize for repeating my jokes. Yvan eht nioj. Heck, I didn't even make that up, I stole it from The Simpsons.

Elder_Kin
2007-09-21, 11:19 AM
I was wondering if you were either crazy or a simpsons fan.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-21, 12:13 PM
I was wondering if you were either crazy or a simpsons fan.

"Who you tryin' to get crazy with, ese, don't you know I'm loco?"

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-21, 04:27 PM
Memorial for Queen Victoria

Today the English took a moment to remember her majesty Queen Victoria, who died early last season. The new Monarch is said to be her husband, Prince Albert, son of Ernst, Duke of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha. This is unconfirmed as of late.

Vexen
2007-09-21, 11:33 PM
German Officials are proud to announce today that Kaiser Vexen has finally passed his National Geography test, and has been able to locate Posen on a Geography Map.

In other news Kaiser Vexen has also passed new laws in reference to "Stricter Punishments for High School Geography Teachers"*.

When asked about the apparrent Tensions in the Atlantic, The Kaiser only said he was very confused. Asked if Fall had Fallen yet and began muttering something about building more tanky things . . . and playing with his pewter figures and world map.

*reference to Black Adder i believe it is in Nob and Nobility. . . but i could be mistaken. hee hee . . . Pitt the Twinkle in the milkman's eye :smallsmile: . . . gets me every time.

J_Muller
2007-09-22, 12:38 AM
Fall 1901
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1901B.jpg

Austria
F adr-alb
A klu supports A ukr-rum
A mon-ser (failed because A ser-bul failed)
A ser-bul (bounced 1:1 with bul)

China
A man holds
A sik-vtn
F sch-sai

England
F iri-ire
F joh-tha/ec (bounced 1:1 with brm)
F nth-eng (bounced 1:1 with eng)
F nrg-nth (failed because F nth-eng failed)

France
F eng convoys A pic-lon
F gos-cam
A pic-lon (convoy path pic-eng-lon)
A spa holds

Germany
F hol supports A ruh-bel
A kie-den
A ruh-bel
A sax-mun

India
A afg-ira (bounced 1:1 with ira)
F ara-yem
A brm-tha (bounced 1:1 with joh)

Italy
A apu-pen (convoy path apu-ion-pen)
F dan-eth
F ion convoys A apu-pen
A tyr-ven

Japan
F ecs-phi
F npo-kar
F soj-kor

Russia
F gob-swe
F sev-arm (bounced 1:1 with arm)
A sib-sin
A stp-oms
A ukr-rum
F vla holds

Turkey
F ank-bla
A arm-sev (bounced with sev 1:1)
A bul holds
A ira supports A arm-sev (support cut by move from Afganistan)

No retreats.

Builds: Due Sunday at 7:00

Austria: 1
China: 3
England: 0
France: 2
Germany: 3
India: 2
Italy: 2
Japan: 3
Russia: 3
Turkey: 2

Elektro
2007-09-22, 02:09 AM
Shanghai Wen Wei Po

France Invades Britain!
French armies have invaded the British mainland in an audacious repeat of the Norman Invasion of 1066! Preliminary reports suggest that London has fallen to the rampaging French armies.

China Comes to Britain's Aid
In response to French aggression, Great China has declared war! In a daring naval sortie, Admiral Zheng He led the Chinese 1st squadron into Cam Ranh Bay (Saigon) with no opposition. With the loss of their provincial capital, France's territorial ambitions in SE Asia have been squashed. All China celebrates the freeing of our brothers from the imperialistic yoke!

Russians Occupy Sinkiang
The ethnic Chinese province of Sinkiang has been occupied by the Russians. Concern over hostile intentions is high in Peking. In a short statement Foreign Minister Han Xiang Zi expressed confidence that the territorial ambitions of both nations in Central Asia would be peaceably resolved.

British Empire Ruled by Corpse?
Sadness over of the death of Queen Victoria quickly turned into a feeling of confusion when it was announced that Prince Albert would assume the throne. As Prince Albert died in 1861, the government is understandably confused over succession in the British government. Shanghai merchant Shih Po had this to say: "I though we were the only culture to venerate its ancestors so highly. Apparently not."

GrandDukeJerot
2007-09-22, 10:15 AM
Paris Report

In recent world news, France has invaded England, shocking many diplomats around the world. When questioned for why make the audacious move against England, Monsieur Jaques Sol had this to say:

"Well, we were pretty bored and England was just sitting there. We felt that it was time that the army and navy earned their keep, so we mobilized them against the English.

In response, China has claimed to have declared war upon France. However, their warmongering actions preceded any news of london falling. So, Japan, Russia, and India must wonder about having such a dangerous neighbor. If they declare war so easily, why won't they declare war on another, just to keep their machine of destruction going? These questions are things we must ask ourselves for the good of our nations."

Elektro
2007-09-22, 10:44 AM
China Finds Paris Report Laughable

France's latest j'accuse screed calls China warmonger for its liberation of Saigon. When asked for comment, Foreign Minister Han Xiang Zi expressed amusement at the French attack. "This is coming from a government that invaded London? It seems to me like the pot is calling the kettle black."

Also, General Li Po, head of the War Ministry discounts French claims that China acted without provocation. "It was plain to see the French had obviously hostile intent towards the British Empire, and we acted accordingly. The French are just angry that there plan for domination of the British has been dealt a blow."

Chinese officials have also denounced French efforts to turn China's regional allies against it. It is obvious that the distribution of Chinese forces poses no serious threat to the homelands of any nation in Asia.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-22, 01:26 PM
Laughable Mistake
Prince Albert is indeed, dead. The new King will be Edward the 7th.

France Invades English Capital
This season, it is reported that the french have taken our beloved capital city, London. Sources say the King is in protective custody elsewhere.

England Declares War
The King as appalled by the French takeover of London, and has therefore decided to declare war on the French.

England Thanks China for Support
The Chinese have decided to be an ally in war to the French. This pleased King Edward greatly, and he extends a thorough thank-you.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-22, 02:30 PM
Italians Call For War With France, King Vittorio Refuses

While our people sympathize deeply with the people of England, and wish to assist them by whatever means necessary, King Vittorio has put an official kibosh on military reprisals against the Republic. Instead he has encouraged concerned citizens to send care packages to the victims of French aggression in London and the English countryside.

People of Pentopolis Proud to be Italian

According to a recent poll, seventy-four percent of Africans in the recently acquired colonies of Pentopolis and Ethiopia claim to be satisfied with life under Italian rule. We are implementing fair trade practices and appointing natives to political office in attempts to increase our approval rating. We hope that by providing a positive example of colonial rule in these provinces, the absorption of Egypt and Tunisia should be made easier in the coming year.

Italian Army in Venice Scares off Austrians

In light of our army's recent return to Venice, the Austrian fleet that had been menacing the Adriatic Sea has taken off for Albania, making the region once again secure for our private fishing operations.

Maldiem
2007-09-22, 05:50 PM
People of Sinkang found to be Russian

In a startling development, explorers from Siberia reported that communities of Russians had settled in Sinkang. The Russian Eastern Army moved to secure the newly-discovered Russians this fall.

China Threatens Occupation of Mongolia, Czar, "That's not how it works. Mongolia occupies China. They even built a wall to keep them out.

English fail to take Norway-- Russian military advisers puzzled.

Romania welcomed back into the Russian Empire-- separated from the Motherland since the Scythains.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-22, 06:00 PM
Recent Speech from the PM

"We were expecting a different battle manuever from France. It was necessary to take precautions... But those precautions led to the taking of our beloved capital from right under our noses. Therefore, it will be dealt with accordingly, and the taking of Norway will be kept in mind after the French are expelled from our nation."

GrandDukeJerot
2007-09-22, 10:52 PM
France Fears for Far Eastern Empires

International adress from Minister Sol of the French Republic

"In the past year, China has shown extreme agressiveness, assaulting the French colony Saigon unprovokedly. China has claimed that they only declared war in response to the invasion of London. However, it is an established fact that the news of these two invasions came out simultaneously. This shows that China was using the excuse of its alliance with England to further its warmongering goals rather than in a show of freindship. I speak of this in interest of Japan, India, and Russia, who are exceptionally close to this nation of darkness. While we understand that we have no right to stick our nose in the affairs of Asia, we respectfully suggest that China is dealt with before it becomes a wild freight train with no control whatsoever."

Elektro
2007-09-23, 01:47 AM
China Fears for Far Western Empires

In the past year France has shown extreme aggressiveness, assaulting the British capital of London without provocation. I speak of this in the interest of Germany, Italy, and Britain, who are exceptionally close to this nation of darkness. While we understand that we have no right to stick our noses into the affairs of Europe, we respectfully suggest that France is dealt with before it becomes a wild freight train with no control over it whatsoever.

China Sends Delegation to Moscow

A high-ranking delegation of diplomats and generals have been sent to Moscow in an attempt to repair relations after tensions rose over control of Mongolia. The clerk responsible for the dispatch used incorrect language, suggesting that we have hostile intentions towards Russia. Rest assured he has been sacked and replaced by trained llamas, which promises increased accuracy along with a spiffy new color scheme.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-23, 03:01 PM
Nobody Fears for Middle Empires

Apparently Austria, Turkey, and about half of Russia and Italy are completely safe, if international concern is to be taken as the basis for danger.

thewamp
2007-09-23, 04:40 PM
India Fears for Switzerland

In recent months, the news about Switzerland has been slim, at best. It is difficult to say what is going on in this nation, but we can confidently say that there is danger brewing for them. Why is everyone so secretive about the Swiss? Why is no news blowing eastward? In the coming months, it is all but certain that they will be attacked.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-23, 05:34 PM
Prince Caspian Fears For Unnamed Body of Water Between Moscow and Iran

J_Muller
2007-09-23, 07:30 PM
The Geneva Gazette

No Need to Fear for Switzerland
In response to Indian statements of concern for the state of the Swiss nation, President Muller issued a statement today assuring all who fear for the state of Switzerland's neutrality that all is well in the middle of Europe. "We have received assurances from all nearby nations that they have no intention of attacking us. We believe that the combination of our mountainous terrain and small but committed defensive army will keep any potential invaders well away, and look forward to years of peace and neutrality, whatever the state of affairs in the rest of Europe."

viggo
2007-09-24, 01:40 AM
Austrians Plan Invasion of Switzerland

Austrian Navy Throws Eggs Across Adriatic

Moody the Wise
2007-09-24, 07:03 AM
Italian Army Makes Omelets With Austrian Eggs

thewamp
2007-09-24, 09:03 AM
Weren't builds due on Sunday?

Elder_Kin
2007-09-24, 12:39 PM
I submitted mine, I was going to wait for the GM to post them.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-24, 12:42 PM
Weren't builds due on Sunday?

Yes, they were, and I'm dying to see them as well. But as a GM myself, I understand that sometimes things don't run on schedule. Hopefully we'll all be ready to submit orders for Wednesday, though. I know I am.

Vexen
2007-09-24, 01:08 PM
I just re-sent my orders just in case. I understand the delay, and will patiently wait, I am just grateful that someone will be GM 'cause i don't really want to mess with it. It just seems odd because J_Muller posted in defence of Switzerland yesterday just hours before the deadline.

I too cast my vote for orders still being due on Wednesday. Though mine won't be as easy as italy's.

Italian to do list:

1. order troops to conquer africa
2. Send diplomats to foreign nations to remind them that Italy is a small nation and should be ignored.
3. Silently plot to take over the world.
4. laugh Maniacally.

thewamp
2007-09-24, 01:30 PM
Yes, they were, and I'm dying to see them as well. But as a GM myself, I understand that sometimes things don't run on schedule. Hopefully we'll all be ready to submit orders for Wednesday, though. I know I am.

Naw, I wasn't complaining, I was just double-checking.

But yeah, my orders are ready as soon as the builds are out.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-24, 01:49 PM
Italian to do list:

1. order troops to conquer Africa
2. Send diplomats to foreign nations to remind them that Italy is a small nation and should be ignored.
4. laugh Maniacally.

To loosely quote my Modern Germany History professor from class today:

"When you're Italy, you can scramble for colonies and everyone can just sort of smile and laugh at you, but when you've already got the strongest military and industry in Europe, people get nervous when you start talking about expansion."

That is not to say that I am trying to make myself look small and impotent; rather, I think I have asserted myself as a world power in all of my diplomatic negotiations. However, neither do I want to let you get away with trying to portray yourself as anything but a major contender.

Vexen
2007-09-24, 02:22 PM
sorry for the jibe Moody, I couldn't help it.

German Press Release:

Future German Expansion?

Kaiser Vexen, attended a play last evening while waiting for Winter to fall. He refused to comment to press agents at the time, however, upon leaving a to do list fell out of his pocket. The contents of which have created a great stir in the news room as everyone trys to figure out what it means. We have listed it here for our readers:
To do:
Find Babysitter
Talk to Bank
Buy some Cookies
call friends on new fangled telephone
play with little pewter toys

We truly were expecting with the current turmoil in Europe and the mass confusion in the East something more along the lines of:

To do:
1. Conquer Low countries
2. Send diplomats to neighboring countries to convince them Germany is their ally and not a threat.
4. Laugh like a typical German Kaiser.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-24, 03:37 PM
To do:
Find Babysitter
Talk to Bank
Buy some Cookies
call friends on new fangled telephone
play with little pewter toys

Munich does look like it needs a babysitter. I volunteer.

GrandDukeJerot
2007-09-24, 06:02 PM
He was on about seven minuites ago, so I can't imagine that he's shirking his duties. He's probably just waiting out on someone's build orders. But enough speculation. Since everyone is listing today, I guess I will.

The Paris Report

Prime Minister Monsieur Jaques Sol has globally anounced his public agenda. However, he refuses to give the media his hidden agenda at this time. The world media hopes to convince him to reveal his hidden agenda, to create more liberty of the press.

Agenda:
Learn Guitar
Write Essays on American Poets and Functions
Study American History
Party like it's 1899.
Openly plot to take over the world. (Hint: It involves the Army and the Navy)

J_Muller
2007-09-24, 06:04 PM
Fall 1901 Builds
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-S1902M.jpg

Austria: 1 build was unused.
China: Builds F can, Builds A han, Builds A pek.
England: No builds.
France: Builds F bre, Builds A par
Germany: Builds F ber, Builds F kie, Builds A pos
India: Builds A del, Builds F mad
Italy: Builds F nap, Builds F rom
Japan: Builds F kyo, Builds F osa, Builds F tok
Russia: Builds A mos, Builds A stp, Builds A war
Turkey: Builds A bag, Builds A con

Spring 1902 Orders Due: 10:00 EST Thursday September 27th

Sorry for the delay.

GrandDukeJerot
2007-09-24, 07:49 PM
France Wonders about Austrian Lack of Recruitment

While other countries enacted massive drafts to bring their formidiable forces to bear, Austria stood still. French media wonders why? Have they decided to just give up and be swallowed by Turkey and Russia? Or is this a cunning plan to make them seem less of a force, allowing themselves to be allied by their neighbors. All that is evident is that Austria will be important in the next few years.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-25, 12:33 PM
China Raises Fleet - Trouble in Paradise for Asia?

Although the Japanese government has yet to comment on the matter, we at Il Mondo Italiano fear that China may be preparing for an eventual war with Japan. While conflict is unlikely this year, we will be closely following the situation and we expect the ensuing eruption to surpass legendary Pompeii.

Ottoman Empire Respects Italian Claims

The Ottomans have been very good boys lately. They have yielded to Italian stewardship of Africa and have further pleased our great nation by not building any fleets this year. We expect a shipment of Turkish Delight is also on the way.

Italy and France Sign "Best Friends For Life" Treaty in Hall of Mirrors

King Vittorio and President Sol got together in the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles this Winter to formally declare their status as "BFFs" and to weave friendship bracelets. Mutual understanding on the Marseilles issue was the official cause for the celebration, although it is rumored that an agreement regarding the stewardship of Morocco was also hammered out.

J_Muller
2007-09-25, 05:52 PM
The Geneva Gazette

Huge Increases In Military Spending Worldwide!
Nations across the world dramatically increased their defense budgets this year, amidst fears of global conflict. With the notable exception of Austria, all of the world's major powers expanded their armed forces over the winter of 1901. Tensions run high from Paris to Tokyo, and the resurgence of the ancient conflict between England and France is surely not the only war the world will see in the coming years.

Reichsmarine Swells
The German government received from its shipyards the latest generation of the German naval forces recently, tripling the size of the Reichsmarine. Germany now possesses one of the three largest navies in Europe.

The Russian Juggernaut
After a huge round of drafts, hordes of young Russian men have been called up to serve their country, giving Russia the largest land force in the world.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-25, 06:06 PM
Italian News and World Report: Top World Powers Ranking

1. Russia: 9 SCs
2. Germany: 7 SCs
3. Italy: 6 SCs
3. Turkey: 6 SCs
3. France: 6 SCs
3. China: 6 SCs
3. Japan: 6 SCs
4. India: 5 SCs
4. Austria: 5 SCs
5. England: 4 SCs

GrandDukeJerot
2007-09-25, 07:57 PM
France Notices Russia's Gargantuan Growth

England in Shambles: Could it Be the End for this Once Glorious Nation?

India and Austria Behind the Pack; Could this Spell Doom for these Empires?

Maldiem
2007-09-26, 12:16 AM
Russia notices French... French-ness

Russian Recruiting Drive Result of Especially Cold Winter. Soldiers Say "The uniforms are just way warmer. We also get free Vodka."

Czar wonders at mysterious disappearance of French, English and German African colonies, "Its like the Boer wars and an entire century of Imperialism never happened."

Small kingdoms conquered simultaneously around Europe. Czar worries that Monarchs are becoming an endangered species.

Elektro
2007-09-26, 02:37 AM
Latest Headlines

Russia Should Definitely Get That Growth Checked Out, Say Doctors

Boer War Now Called "Offshore Box G War" By Historians

French and Italians Leaders Get Lost in Hall of Mirrors, Clown Comes to Rescue

Russian Juggernaut Apparently Runs on Vodka

thewamp
2007-09-26, 09:29 AM
Size of Indian Nation Impugned
The Indians were deeply offended by French comments suggesting that their nation was "not very big." "After all," said Wampdhi in a prepared speech, "it's not the size that matters, it's how you handle it. One might have a massive nation, but not be able to figure out where it is best to put their forces. Indian troops are experts in combat, can go on all day long and leave our enemies tired and spent. No general has ever accused his troops of being unsatisfying. We always get what needs to be done, done. Indian troops accomplish their task at exactly the right pace and the whole army works together like a heavily oiled machine.

We are India and this is our time!"

Moody the Wise
2007-09-26, 12:12 PM
Size of Indian Nation Impugned
The Indians were deeply offended by French comments suggesting that their nation was "not very big." "After all," said Wampdhi in a prepared speech, "it's not the size that matters, it's how you handle it. One might have a massive nation, but not be able to figure out where it is best to put their forces. Indian troops are experts in combat, can go on all day long and leave our enemies tired and spent. No general has ever accused his troops of being unsatisfying. We always get what needs to be done, done. Indian troops accomplish their task at exactly the right pace and the whole army works together like a heavily oiled machine.

We are India and this is our time!"

OoC: If I had been drinking something when I read this, it would now be all over my computer screen. Well done.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-26, 12:28 PM
King Vittorio Defends India

In response to recent stories regarding Indian virility, Our Eminence King Vittorio had this to say:

"Do not be so hard on the Indians; they are hard enough on themselves. And they don't use fancy-pants technological methods to augment themselves: squats, push-ups, the Thigh Master - Indian soldiers do it all in the name of natural military enhancement. We also expect that the Indian military will only continue to grow in response to stimulation from foreign powers. This year alone they managed to double the amount of their seamen."

J_Muller
2007-09-26, 08:02 PM
25(ish) Hour Warning: Moves due tomorrow at 10:00 EST

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Geneva Gazette

Swiss Military Analysts Concur on the Subject of India
Invasion of India would be "Very hard", say some
Swiss military analysts have issued statements agreeing with earlier Italian releases regarding India. "The Indians know the natural peaks and valleys of the terrain in Asia." Said Dr. Buck Turgidson, an American military scholar visiting the University of Geneva. "They know their way around, and as such have the full run of the land, whereas an invading force might find themselves constrained to certain exposed areas at first." "Deep penetration into India's untrimmed wilderness would be extremely difficult," Agreed Dr. Hans Pimmel, also of the University, "especially if the enemy attacks at the wrong time. An offensive during the rainy season would be disastrous for the attacker."

Elder_Kin
2007-09-27, 04:41 PM
Yomiuri Shimbun

Minister of the Imperial Navy Comissions Formation of Combined Fleet.

Tokyo, April 2, 1902

Minister of the Imperial Navy, Yamamoto Gonnohyōe along with chief of the Imperial Navy General Staff Admiral Ito Sukeyuki commissioned yesterday the formation of the third combined fleet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Fleet) in response to suspicions of Indian aggression.

The fleet will be headed by Admiral Tōgō Heihachirō, a hero of the Battle of Yalu. The fleet will be seperated into two distinct parts. IJN 1st fleet will be headed by Admiral Ito. It will be of the finest and newest vessels of the Imperial Navy. The fleet will include the flagship of the admiral, the glorious battleship Mikasa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Mikasa) along with the battleships Hatsuse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Hatsuse) and Shikishima (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Shikishima). The fleets home will be the Philippines. It's home port Manila will house the three battle groups led by the battleships mentioned above along with several other cruisers support vessels. It's operating zone will extend from Java to Tokyo. The fleets job will be to protect Chinese and Japanese shipping from possible Indian and French incursion.

The second fleet will have some older vessels but will nonetheless be a ruthless force on the high seas. Headed by Kamimura Hikonojō the flagship Asama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cruiser_Asama) heavily armored cruiser along with the Yashima (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Yashima) , the Fuji (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Fuji), and the Asahi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_battleship_Asahi) battleships. The fleet will have two bases, one in Kareila the other in Kyoto. Patrol of the north pacific and south pacific from incursion along with the protection of Japanese citizens in the occupied territory of Korea.

J_Muller
2007-09-27, 09:20 PM
Spring 1902 Moves
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1902M.jpg

Austria:
F alb-gre
A klu-vie
A mon-alb
A ser supports F alb-gre

China:
F can-sch
A han-kan
A man-omo
A pek-inn (bounced 1:1 with sin)
F sai holds
A vtn-lao

England:
F ire-iri
F joh-mal
F nth holds
F nrg-nwy (failed because A stp-nwy succeeded)

France:
F bre-eng
F cam holds
F eng-lon
A lon-wal
A par-gas
A spa-por

Germany:
A bel eats some fresh waffles (Invalid order. Hold order assigned.)
F ber-bal
A den goes sightseeing (Invalid order. Hold order assigned.)
F hol-nth (bounced 1:1 with nth)
F kie-hel
A mun-boh
A pos-sil

India:
A afg supports A del-snd
A brm-tha
A del-snd
F mad-eio
F yem-per

Italy:
F eth-red
F ion-tun
F nap-ion
A pen-egy
F rom-tys
A ven-pie

Japan:
F kor holds
F kar-soo
F kyo-soj
F osa-ecs
F phi-cel
F tok-spo

Russia:
A mos supports F sev
A oms-sib
A rum supports F sev
F sev holds
A sin-inn (bounced 1:1 with pek)
A stp-nwy
F swe supports A stp-nwy
F vla holds
A war holds

Turkey:
A arm-sev (bounced 3:3 with sev)
A bag supports A ira
F bla supports A arm-sev
A bul holds
A con supports A bul
A ira supports A arm-sev

No Retreats. Fall 1902 Orders due Thursday, October 4th.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-27, 11:25 PM
War With France!

The Italian Empire has proudly joined the fight against the cruel and unusual French Republic under the maniacal President Jacques Sol. Our fleets are poised to control the Western Mediterranean by the Fall and to start seriously kicking the French around next year. And there was much rejoicing.

Colonization of Africa Undisturbed By War Effort

Despite the large-scale attack on the French this season, Italian generals are confident that the acquisition of Egypt and of Tunisia will go off without a hitch in the coming year.

Germans Get Lost, Are Told To Get Lost

According to international diplomats in Eastern Europe, the German forces that haphazardly marched East this Spring are entirely unwelcome there. It is expected that they will either withdraw in the Fall or throw a massive tantrum.

Vexen
2007-09-28, 09:04 AM
German Report

German military officials are outraged at the Italian implications of their being lost. "We are not lost, we know exactly where we are! Always!" They told press agents today. Later they added; "We just don't have a clue as to what we are doing here."

They were also quite upset about the accusations of throwing tantrums. "I am afraid that being whiners on the battlefield is strictly an Italian military strategy. That and using tanks and battleships only to attack people who either use spears or capitulate. German morale has never been higher, what with the recent sightseeing opportunity and extra waffles in the rations."

Kaiser Vexen's response to the seemingly random troop movements in the east responded: "I don't know anything about the troop movements. I just have a really cool map with pewter figurines on it. I just like moving them around randomly, I figure if I don't know what I am going to do next, then there is no way foriegn spies will figure it out."

GrandDukeJerot
2007-09-28, 09:07 AM
Sudden Italian Hostilities Disturb France

In a recent report from the desk of Minister Jaques Sol,

"Italy has just declared war upon France, right after signing a peace treaty with us. This is despicable. While we attacked England uprovokedly, we made no false pretensions of peace before doing so. What Italy did is completely unforgivable. I call all of their other neighbors; Austria, Germany, Turkey, India. I call you to bring the mighty hammer of war down upon this empire of darkness. For the good of the world, I beg of you."

thewamp
2007-09-28, 09:23 AM
India Sends Warhammer

In response to the French request, India sent Italy a Warhammer to assist in its war effort against France. "We don't know how it could actually help militarily," said Wampdhi, "but it looks pretty cool, so we figure it'll help keep up troop morale. We think it's nice that even with war on their borders, France can think of the enemy's troops' morale.

Moody the Wise
2007-09-28, 11:37 AM
Erratum

In yesterday's issue of Il Mondo, we ran a story stating that Italy had declared war on France. According to a complaint lodged by King Vittorio's press secretary, we misheard the speech from which we drew this story. In fact, King Vittorio delivered a passionate speech declaring war on pants. Apparently the leader of our country has decided that he no longer feels constrained by societal norms and shall henceforth no longer wear pants. He hears that there is a disturbingly high concentration of pants-wearers in the city of Marseilles and has launched a discrete military mission against the city. We are so very glad that we haven't invented the television yet.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-09-28, 05:06 PM
Take Over of Wales Enrages PM
Wales AKA "The Dragon State", was taken over by a French Army this Spring. It has ben reported that the PM infact loves the mythical beast, giving even more reason for us to still be at war with France.

Italy Joins the Fight?
It is said that the Italians might have joined the fight against the French, but such reports have been unconfirmed as of late due to a supposed misunderstanding.

India: Friend or Foe?
The Indians seem to be also against the French, as they have reported to send a Warhammer to Italy as of late in the supposed war against France. It is also unconfirmed that India is entirely against France or not, for they have not declared an assured alliance or war with France or anyone associated with the French as such.

viggo
2007-09-29, 03:18 PM
Vienna Eyes German Troops Nervously

Prinz Declares France A Pack Of Crybabies

Pants Drop In Italy, Textile Sector Limping

Greece Folded In To Austrian Empire

Moody the Wise
2007-10-01, 07:13 PM
OoC: If anyone wishes to speak to me via instant message, my AIM screen name is LondonWerewolf6. Extra points for anyone who gets the reference. And no, it's not the film An American Werewolf in London.

Elektro
2007-10-02, 01:00 PM
Shanghai Daily

China Welcomes Italy to Empires of Darkness Club
Chinese officials welcomed Italy into the Empires of Darkness club today after it was denounced by the French. "We're glad to have another member of this illustrious organization," club director Wei Po remarked. "We're sending your super-secret decoder pin and x-ray goggles now!" Chinese officials look forward to sending secret messages to their Italian counterparts. To join, leaders only need to send in 16 Ovaltine labels along with their nomination from the French.

Chinese Armies Storm Into Mongolia
In response to repeat insults from the Russians, Chinese units have occupied Mongolia. Chinese generals expect to remove the Russian threat to China completely within the next few years.

Standoff over Java?
Tensions are flaring in the Southern Pacific as both Japanese and Indian forces move on Java. It appears that the British Fleet will hold to key to which nation will win the battle.

OoC: Moody, its a Warren Zevon reference. I've researched your old games. :smallbiggrin:

Vexen
2007-10-02, 02:41 PM
(Completely OoC on this one: But does anyone else get annoyed that they abbreviations on this map are different than in standard diplomacy?)

Moody the Wise
2007-10-03, 10:10 PM
Open Letter to China

Can we please be called the Axis of Darkness instead? Pretty pretty please with a dead Parisian on top? It has such a nicer ring to it.

Moody the Wise
2007-10-03, 10:11 PM
24 Hour warning? Are Fall 1902 orders due tomorrow night, Muller?

viggo
2007-10-04, 06:32 AM
Austria Offers to Host Axis of Darkness Meetings in Constantinople, As Soon As It's Conquered

Elder_Kin
2007-10-04, 08:02 AM
Emperor Demands Axis of Darkness Meetings Be Held Closer. Doesn't Like Carrying Miniatures So Far.

Moody the Wise
2007-10-04, 09:00 AM
Axis of Darkness: Everyone But France?

Does France have any allies? Or is it just the awesomeness of the name that has lead to such a rise in membership interest. To all you hopefuls out there - don't forget your Ovaltine labels!

Vexen
2007-10-04, 10:00 AM
I for one refuse to join this so called "Axis of Darkness", despite its really cool name and nifty decoder rings. I do so on principles. (That and I can't stand Ovaltine commercials, so I refuse to buy their products. Thus explaining my lack of labels and inability to join.)

J_Muller
2007-10-04, 04:56 PM
Oh. Forgot to post the 24-hour warning again, didn't I?

Only two sets of orders are missing. Try to get those in to me sometime tonight, please.

Moody the Wise
2007-10-05, 08:54 AM
OoC: I am going to be home on break until Tuesday night. If you wish to speak with me between now and then, send me an email at [email protected], as I can't/won't check the forums at home.

J_Muller
2007-10-05, 05:43 PM
Fall 1902
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1902R-1.jpg

Austria:
A alb-gre
F gre-bul/sc
A ser s F gre-bul/sc
A vie-gal (bounced 1:1 with boh)

China:
A kan s A omo-sin
A lao-cam
A omo-sin (bounced 2:1 with sin)
A pek-man
F sai s A lao-cam
F sch-for

England:
F iri-liv (bounced 1:1 with wal)
F mal s F eio-jav
F nth-nwy
F nrg s f nth-nwy

France:
F cam-gos
F eng-mao
A gas-mar
F lon s F hel-nth
A por holds
A wal-liv (bounced 1:1 with iri)

Germany:
F bal s A den-swe
A bel-bur
A boh-gal (bounced 1:1 with vie)
A den-swe
F hel-nth
F hol-bel
A sil s A boh-gal (support cut by move from Warsaw)

India:
A afg s A snd-ira
F eio-jav
F per s A snd-ira
A snd-ira
A tha samples the amazing food (Hold order assigned).

Italy:
A egy holds
F ion-tun
A pie moons the city of Marseilles (Hold order assigned).
F red-sue
F tun-wes
F tys-gol

Japan:
F cel-jav (bounced 1:1 with eio)
F ecs-sch
F kor s F soj-vla
F soj-vla
F soo s F soj-vla
F spo-tim

Russia:
A mos-ukr
A nwy s F swe (Support cut and disloged from nth)
A rum-klu
F sev-arm (bounced with arm, disloged from ira, cannot retreat--unit destroyed)
A sib s A sin-omo
A sin-omo (bounced 2:1 with omo)
F swe holds (disloged from den)
F vla holds (disloged from soj, cannot retreat--unit destroyed)
A war-sil (bounced 1:1 with sil)

Turkey:
A arm s A ira-sev
A bag holds
F bla s A ira-sev
A bul-rum
A con-bul (bounced 1:1 with gre)
A ira-sev

Retreats due Sunday, October 7th, at 10:00 EST because I should have adjucated yesterday.

A nwy
F swe

thewamp
2007-10-06, 12:56 PM
Indian World Report

1. China - 9 Supply Centers (+3)
2. Germany - 8 Supply Centers (+1)
2. India - 8 Supply Centers (+3)
2. Italy - 8 Supply Centers (+2)
2. Japan - 8 Supply Centers (+2)
6. Austria - 6 Supply Centers (+1)
6. France - 6 Supply Centers (0)
6. Russia - 6 Supply Centers (-3)
6. Turkey - 6 Supply Centers (0)
10. England - 5 Supply Centers (+1)

viggo
2007-10-06, 06:28 PM
Russia Declared Sick Man of Europe

Vexen
2007-10-08, 01:34 PM
India Can’t Count -
Actually, we have no contest with the world ranking of supply centers, only a minor discrepancy has been noted. Russia did not lose 3 supply centers this year, they only lost two. Norway was never controlled by Russia only held for a season

Germany Preparing to Celebrate Christmas 1902
Kaiser Vexen is reported to be very excited about the thought of receiving another pewter figure for Christmas. “I am hoping for a little tank this year,” he said to reporters, “but I won’t be that disappointed if I get another little boat. If I do, I think I will put my sheep on it, than I can have a ‘ewe-boat’.”
When military officials asked about the sudden invasion of Sweden and the resulting war with Russia, they responded; “We never really do know what the Kaiser is going to have us do next. But, seriously, is it really that hard to explain, I mean come on . . . It is Sweden. Let us just say that we plan on having a lot more fun this winter here than we did sightseeing in Denmark last year.”

Turkish Delight
Germany would like to extend our congratulations to Turkey regarding their impressive combat tactics last season. They were surrounded on all sides by enemies and many speculated they would be taking the brunt of the losses this year. However, a stunning move on their behalf and much to our ‘delight’ they managed to take as many SC as they lost and remain a contender in the region for next year.:smallbiggrin:

J_Muller
2007-10-08, 07:26 PM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1902B.jpg

Retreats: A nwy disbands, F swe-gob

Builds
Austria: 2
China: 3
England: 1
Germany: 1
India: 3
Italy: 2
Japan: 1

Please submit builds as soon as possible. Sorry I didn't adjudicate retreats last night, I forgot.

karmuno
2007-10-08, 09:17 PM
Is it just me, or is there no text on that map?

thewamp
2007-10-08, 11:37 PM
Is it just me, or is there no text on that map?

There's no text

Germany Can't Count
In a press release, Wampdhi wearily gave a lesson in counting. "Russia lost Sevastapol, [vla] and Sweden. That makes three."

Maldiem
2007-10-09, 12:17 AM
Drunken Czar orders invasion of Austria

"You an' me? We go waaaaaay back. You know wha'," said the Czar, throwing a bottle of Vodka against the wall, and then placing an arm affably around the Serf's reporter, "You," he said, with utter seriousness, "are my best frien'."

The Czar then had his ministers of war executed.

Russian army takes heavy losses on all fronts

When pressed for comment, the Czar said simply, "S***."

Russia leads the world in counting!

Despite their drunken ruler and dirt-napping ministry of war, Russian elementary schools are working at feverish pitches. "We lost four supply centers this winter," said little Evet, finger in her nose.

(Rumania, Sweden, Sevestapol and Vladivostok)

thewamp
2007-10-09, 07:21 AM
Russia leads the world in counting!

Despite their drunken ruler and dirt-napping ministry of war, Russian elementary schools are working at feverish pitches. "We lost four supply centers this winter," said little Evet, finger in her nose.

(Rumania, Sweden, Sevestapol and Vladivostok)

Rumania was offset by the gain of the Austrian territory. Net loss, 3.

Moody the Wise
2007-10-09, 09:46 PM
England, India Defy Japan

This Fall English fleets in the Malay Sea escorted Indian fleets into the island nation of Java in a shocking act of cooperation and defiance of Japanese naval supremacy. We predict that despite this isolated success, India will fall quickly to the combined might of China and Japan, due largely to High Priest Wampdhi's neglect of his Eastern front.

It's Good To Be The King ... But Not So To Be The Czar

Russia, the former world leader in military strength, has experienced a tragic fall this year and now is in a tie for third, with enemies on all fronts.

Italian Naval Supremacy Effects Fall of France

Thanks to the excellence of our irresistibly attractive navy, we look forward to liberating Marseilles this year as well as protecting Morocco from French imperialism.

Kaiser Vexen to PM Dwayna: "You've Got A Friend In Me"

The good Kaiser has allowed the down-and-out English Prime Minister to play in his reindeer games this past year, having her assist in his attack on Russia. It remains to be seen what assistance Germany will give England against the occupying French, although German forces do seem prepared to make a devastating strike against French interests. Our friendship bracelets are standing by.

Elder_Kin
2007-10-10, 02:35 PM
When are the move orders due? Am I to believe that they are due tomorrow?

Vexen
2007-10-10, 02:41 PM
I would hope they aren't due tomorrow considering that builds haven't been posted. And I have yet to begin to negotiate for Spring Movements.

J_Muller
2007-10-10, 11:50 PM
Winter 1902 Builds
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-S1903M.jpg

Due to the accumulated delays, I'll just roll things over and say that moves are now due Wednesday, October 17th, at 10:00 EST. Many apologies, guys.

viggo
2007-10-11, 09:29 PM
Austrian Homeland "Bristling" With Guns\

In response to recent (laughably silly) Russian incursion, the Austrian military has experienced serious buildup in armaments and budgets. The Prinz had this to say:

"No vodka-drunk maniacal Russian is going to incur on our territory! Onward, brave Austrians, to victory!"

In related news, France is about to get owned. Hard.

J_Muller
2007-10-11, 10:16 PM
The Geneva Gazette
Due to the breakout of several major hostilities over the last two years, all nations have undergone a massive buildup in armaments. Here are the biggest troop-raisers.

Military Rankings 1903!
1. China: With a grand total of 9 fleets or armies, fueled by rapid expansion of Chinese territory, the Middle Kingdom now commands the largest military in the world.
2. Germany: The recent capture of Sweden has given Germany the supplies to further enlarge its already massive military, giving it command of the largest armed force on the European continent.
2. Italy: Dominance of Africa has given Italy the colonies it needs to bring its military up to par with the world's best. The Italian armed forces are tied with Germany in size, but with colonial holdings to defend, the amount of force the Italians can actually bring to bear is limited, though still impressive.
2. India: The seizure of Iran from the Ottoman Empire and its acquisition of territory in Southeast Asia has pushed India up to the tie for second place. It commands the second largest army in Asia.
3. Japan: The invasion of Russian territory in Asia and the addition of new Pacific island possessions has fueled the rise of the Japanese Navy to the third largest military in Asia, and the largest navy in the world.
4. France, Austria, Russia, and the Ottoman Empire: Vying for fourth place with six military groups each are the French Third Republic, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the Ottoman Empire, and the Russian Empire. A myriad of battles and clashes has placed the future ranking of these nations in doubt. Further developments will most certainly lead to changes to this list, as territories trade hands and armies clash with the thunder of battle.
5. England: The beleaguered British Empire has taken some serious knocks, but cooperation with India has enabled it to keep its Pacific possessions, and with apparently allied German and Italian ships poised to battle France in the North and Mediterranean Seas, the future may hold good things for the stubborn English.

viggo
2007-10-12, 11:12 PM
Uncle Sigmund's Story Time

"Let me tell you about the next season," the King told his nieces and nephews. "Russia will continue to shrink, much like the Tsar's testicles. We will retake the province of Klug from marauding drunken Russian vacationers -- 'leafers,' we call them. The Turks will shift their forces around, remaining the same size as they are now. The French will continue to be slapped around like the silly children they are, and soon we will not have to deal with their unwashed royalty and snail entrees. And we, the mighty Austrians, will rise above and equal the Japanese in might. Fear not, my progeny, it is only temporary that we are so far down the power ladder."

((Find the family guy reference and win a dollar))

Moody the Wise
2007-10-15, 12:03 PM
Newsflash!

I'm looking for two replacement players for my Diplomacy game All Quiet on the PM Front (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3351673#post3351673). The openings are for France and India. We are playing a blind variant wherein - to offer a simple description - you never see a universal map posted to the thread, but rather you are sent a report after each season indicating the success or failure of your moves as well as the locations of some foreign units based on lines of sight and spying. I obviously can't say publicly how either of those powers are doing, but it's Fall 1902 and they're both still alive. If you commit to the job, I'll fill you in. I know that's asking you to take the job "blind" but hey, I guess that fits the spirit of the game.

Good candidates should:

Not care what position their inherited power will be in, but rather love the game and enjoy playing even the "fixer-uppers" (not that either of those powers is or is not a fixer-upper, just that you don't know until you've taken the offer)
Have a working knowledge of the rules of Diplomacy or have a serious commitment to learn them; a link to the rulebook can be found in the thread, I think, but I can supply one upon request if it is not
Have a working knowledge of the geographical changes of the Youngstown map, on which the game is being played; or, be prepared to read about them and familiarize yourself with the map
Be comfortable playing in a variant wherein you have limited information

The positions will be filled on a first-come first-served basis. I listed those criteria not because I will turn anyone away, but rather so that the expectations are clear. PM me if you are interested. You may indicate a preference for France or India, but if you are the second person to respond, you're getting whichever power the first person didn't get.

Moody the Wise
2007-10-16, 08:10 PM
Unofficial 24 Hour (and 45 minute) Warning for Spring 1903 orders!

J_Muller
2007-10-16, 11:18 PM
Official 21 hour 45 minute warning for orders.

J_Muller
2007-10-18, 06:26 PM
Spring 1903
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-S1903R.jpg

Austria:
A bud-klu
F bul-aeg
A gre-bul
A ser S A bud-klu
A tri ROCKS YOUR FACE OFF (Hold order assigned).
A vie S A bud-klu

China:
A cam holds
F can-sch
F for holds
A han-sik
A kan-tib
A man-sib
A omo S A man-sib
A pek-kan
F sai-gos

England:
F iri-wal
A liv S F iri-wal
F mal S F jav
F nwy-stp
F nrg holds

France:
F gos-joh
F lon S A wal-yor
A mar S A por-spa (Support cut by move from Piedmont)
F mao S A por-spa (Support cut by move from Wes)
A por-spa (Bounced 1:1 with gol)
A wal-yor

Germany:
NMR

India:
NMR

Italy:
A egy-jor
F gol-spa (bounced 1:1 with por)
F nap-tys
A pie-mar (bounced 1:1 with mar)
F sue-eas
F tun-alg
A ven holds
F wes-mao (bounced 1:1 with mao)

Japan:
F cel S F tim-jav
F kor-ecs
F soo-npo
F sch-bor
F tim-jav (bounced 2:2 with jav)
F tok-spo
F vla S A man-sib

Russia:
F gob-lvn
A klu-gal
A sib-oms
A sin-tur
A ukr S A klu-gal (support cut and dislodged by move from Sev)
A war S A klu-gal

Turkey:
A arm S A bag
A bag holds
F bla S A rum
A con holds
A rum S A sev-ukr
A sev-ukr

Retreats due Saturday, October 20, at 10:00 EST
A ukr

Vexen
2007-10-18, 06:34 PM
OH Crap

I didn't send in orders..
Sorry, I thought I had.
Now doesn't this suck

Moody the Wise
2007-10-18, 08:01 PM
OH Crap

I didn't send in orders..
Sorry, I thought I had.
Now doesn't this suck

Rearrange it a little bit and it makes a Haiku:

Now does not this suck?
I did not send in orders
Sorry, thought I had.

Moody the Wise
2007-10-18, 08:09 PM
French Completely Foiled

Italian forces have halted the heavily supported French advance on Spain dead in its tracks. We stand poised to gain Morocco and Marseilles come this Winter.

Japan, China Impress in East

Seriously, somebody should do something about that.

Middle of World Huge Mess

Russia Not Long for This World?

Russia is likely to lose two more supply centers this season in a continuation of its death spiral.

Elektro
2007-10-18, 08:54 PM
Shanghai Observer

King Vitorrio Apparently has Two Mouths
Chinese sources find that this is the only explanation for the Italian leader advocating an attack on China when Italy is poised to become the largest power in Europe. In fact, our nations will be tied at the end of the year at 10 centers.

India and Germany Decide to Party

thewamp
2007-10-18, 09:12 PM
Wow... that was incredibly lame. I've checked 10 times today for when orders were back without realizing I'd forgotten to submit orders...

China Betrays India with "Surprise" Attack
In a prepared speech, Wampdhi says "I mean, it was pretty obvious he was about to betray us. Still, the our nation isn't strong enough to resist a combined attack from Japan and China. The future looks dire."

Moody the Wise
2007-10-19, 11:40 AM
Shanghai Observer Has ... Dumb Mouths

Yeah, we said it.

viggo
2007-10-20, 06:09 AM
Everyone Who Is Not Austrian Can Go Straight to Hell

Vexen
2007-10-20, 09:02 AM
Everyone Who Is Not Austrian Can Go Straight to Hell

Invalid order, all units assigned to hold

Dwayna_DF07
2007-10-20, 11:38 AM
Invalid order, all units assigned to hold*laughs uncontrollably* Nice. :smallbiggrin:

viggo
2007-10-20, 01:00 PM
Invalid order, all units assigned to hold

Sounds a lot like your recent turn there kaiser :P

J_Muller
2007-10-20, 03:22 PM
Spring 1903 Retreats
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1903M.jpg

Russia:
A ukr-mos

Fall 1903 Orders due Wednesday, October 24th, at 10:00 EST

GrandDukeJerot
2007-10-20, 03:58 PM
When are the Fall 1903 orders due?

J_Muller
2007-10-21, 02:14 AM

Edited into my above post.

Moody the Wise
2007-10-21, 10:14 AM

That's okay, you don't need to submit any ... :smalltongue:

GrandDukeJerot
2007-10-21, 07:46 PM
That's okay, you don't need to submit any ... :smalltongue:

Minister Sol declares King Vittorio the foolish an 'annoying deterrent to successful European life.'

viggo
2007-10-22, 02:22 AM
http://images.libertyoutlet.com/prod/p-france.jpg

Vexen
2007-10-24, 01:45 PM
I am moving tomorrow, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to check in again until Monday. My orders are in for today, can we hold off on builds and retreats if i have them until Monday?

I will try to check in on Saturday, but I am uncertain that I will be able to. Please let me know. Thank you.

J_Muller
2007-10-24, 05:46 PM
I am moving tomorrow, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to check in again until Monday. My orders are in for today, can we hold off on builds and retreats if i have them until Monday?

I will try to check in on Saturday, but I am uncertain that I will be able to. Please let me know. Thank you.

Sure, thanks for the notification.

J_Muller
2007-10-24, 06:35 PM
Oh, yeah, and:

TWO AND A HALF hour warning for orders but not really. Please get them in ASAP though. Sorry I didn't post the 24-hour warning, there are a few wildfires around where I live and I was temporarily evacuated. Back at my house now though.

J_Muller
2007-10-25, 06:34 PM
Fall 1903
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1903R.jpg

Austria:
F aeg-con (bounced 1:1 with con)
A bul S A ser-rum
A klu S A ser-rum
A ser-rum
A tri holds
A vie S A boh-gal

China:
A cam S F gos-tha
F for-sch
F gos-tha/ec
A kan S A omo-sin
A omo-sin
A sib-oms (bounced 1:1 with tur)
A sik-brm (bounced 2:1 with tha)
F sch-gos
A tib S A sik-brm

England:
No order submitted for F nwg. Unit holds.
No order submitted for F stp. Unit holds.
A liv-edi
F mal-joh (bounced 1:1 with joh)
F nrg holds
F stp holds (disloged from oms 3:1)
F wal-liv

France:
F joh holds
F lon holds
A mar holds (dislodged from pie 3:1)
F mao S A por-spa
A por-spa
A yor S F nth-edi (support failed: supported unit's order does not math support given)

Germany:
F bal S A pos-pru
F bel-eng
A boh-gal
A bur-par
F nth S F wal-lon (support failed: supported unit's order does not match support given)
A pos-pru
A sil S A boh-gal
A swe-nwy

India:
No order submitted for F mad. Unit holds.
A afg S A ira
F cal S A tha-brm
A del-nep
A ira S A jor-bag
F jav-eio
F mad holds
F per S A jor-bag
A tha-brm (bounced 2:1 with sik, dislodged from gos 2:1)

Italy:
F alg-mor
F eas-smy
F gol S A pie-mar
A jor-bag
A pie-mar
F tys hangs out (invalid order, unit holds)
A ven-pie
F wes S F alg-mor

Japan:
No order submitted for F bor. Unit holds.
No order submitted for F vla. Unit holds.
F bor holds
F cel-jav
F ecs-phi
F npo-obl
F spo-obk
F tim S F cel-jav
F vla holds

Russia:
A gal-sil (bounced 1:1 with sil, dislodged from boh 3:1, cannot reatreat, unit destroyed)
F lvn S A oms-stp
A mos S A oms-stp
A oms-stp
A tur-oms (bounced 1:1 with sib)
A war-pru (bounced 1:1 with pos)

Turkey:
A arm S A bag
A bag S A arm (support cut by move from jordan, dislodged from jor 3:2)
F bla-sev
A con holds
A rum-gal (failed because A boh-gal succeeded, dislodged from ser 3:1, cannot retreat, unit destroyed)
A ukr S A rum-gal

Retreats due Saturday, October 27th at 10:00 EST.
Builds due Sunday, October 28th at 10:00 EST.

GrandDukeJerot
2007-10-25, 08:27 PM
Kaiser Vexen gets over aversion to Ovaltine
Germany has finally joined the axis of evil. Congratulations!

karmuno
2007-10-25, 08:45 PM
Thanksgiving Feast
This month the citizens of the United States of America are celebrating Thanksgiving, and have requested a few key imports from Europe. However, the Italian king, being only half-fluent in English, seems to have misinterpreted the Americans' words, and launched an amphibious assault on the noble Ottoman Empire, known, tragically, in some circles, as "Turkey."

Moody the Wise
2007-10-25, 08:55 PM
Italians Experience Natural Empire Enhancement

With the acquisitions this year of Marseilles, Morocco, Baghdad and Smyrna, the Italians have stunned even Italian leaders. To quote our majesty King Vittorio the Wise, "I am truly impressed by stature of the empire my generals have managed to erect. I am speechless. The whole thing is almost a little hard to swallow."

Italian Admirals Scramble to Find Records of Japanese Invitation to Atlantic Yacht Club, Find Nothing

"Well, we probably just lost it, but without an invitation to the Atlantic on record we're just going to have to blow any Japanese boats we spot in the Atlantic right out of the water."

Ironically, No Rest for the Ottoman Empire

As a result of Austrian, Indian, and Italian involvement this season, the Ottoman Empire has lost nearly all its footing.

It's A Race for Last!

Who will it be? England? Turkey? Or maybe Russia, France? Only time will tell!

Moody the Wise
2007-10-25, 09:20 PM
Italian News and World Report's Annual Ranking of World Powers!

1. Italy with 12 supply centers. As King Vittorio's plan for African colonization comes to completion, the Italian Empire now controls vast amounts of land from French Marseilles to Ottoman Baghdad as well as all of Africa.
2. China with 11 supply centers. The "Middle Kingdom"? Soon China will have to be called the Upper and Lower Kingdoms as well! Can anyone stop the Chinese juggernaut?
3. Germany with 10 supply centers. Taking advantage of disagreements between the English and French - disagreements that were most probably fabricated by the Kaiser himself - Germany has benefited from both countries and now maintains a vast land empire that extends from Paris to Norway.
4. Japan with 9 supply centers. Japan has ridden on the coattails of Chinese success in order to form its naval empire stretching from the island of Java to the city of Vladivostok, and now at the bidding of the Chinese hurry East to attempt a foolish takeover of the Atlantic while the Chinese profit from their war with India.
5. Austria with 8 supply centers. Austria has risen from the ashes by waving a dagger at anyone who comes near him. Having driven the Russians and the Ottomans out of his land, he now stands poised to make a real bid for expansion.
6. India with 6 supply centers. India has valiantly resisted the advance of the less civilized Asian states, but her Western allies fear for India's welfare as the country slips into the bottom half of this ranking.
7. France with 5 supply centers. We're just surprised France isn't gone already. Oh well, it won't be too much longer yet.
8. Russia with 4 supply centers. They came, they saw, they got conquered. They're down, but not quite out. Perhaps the great bear can pull something off here.
9. England and Turkey with 3 supply centers each. Not much to say there. Except ... mmmm ... Turkey. =)

Elder_Kin
2007-10-25, 10:18 PM
Japanese War Ministry Flustered Over Italian Claim of European Conquest

"Europe smells!" Minister of War Terauchi Masatake, newly appointed after Kodama Gentaro.

"Anyone who thinks we even want to go Near Europe is well, retarded! You are fat, pimply, and pale. Who wants to rule over people who look like that? And you hang people for goodness sake. Since when did decapitation via sword stroke go out of style. No we're just fine in asia."

"And you're empire being big?" continues to scoff Masatake. "Listen, ours may not be as large, but we know what to do with it. Our Japanese people are kept happy by our slow, steady growth. Not this sudden enlargement. Our generals have been planning for weeks. Changing positions, trying new techniques, doing everything possible to make sure that both the government and the people are satisfied over and over again. The Italians seem to think that a big Empire that suddenly spurts quickly and can't keep going is somehow better than endurance. The best it's leaders will be able to do is say 'Okay we're done' roll over in it's new found territories and go to bed, leaving the people alone to figure out how to make themselves happy."

Dwayna_DF07
2007-10-26, 08:56 AM
Crap... :smalleek:

Elder_Kin
2007-10-26, 09:13 AM
Indeed only three sc with 5 units. Two disbands needed.

Lets look at the Disband lists!

1. England, Turkey and India are tied for first with 2 disbands each! Excellent job for keeping the lead!
4. France and Russia are tied for fourth with 1 disband. Work a bit harder and you might catch up with the big boys! Only time will tell how fast you can lose your SCs!!
5. Austria is in fifth with -1 disbands. Guess having an excess of territories doesn't help you in this category!
6. Japan, China, and Germany sit at 6th with -2 disbands. That's horrible guys! You need to improve that score.
7. Italy has possibly, the worst number of disbands imaginable -4 disbands. I really can't say any more about the Italians. -4 disbands is horrendous, they really need to start losing some territories or they're going to be last place on the disbands list forever!

thewamp
2007-10-26, 06:14 PM
Indians hope Himilayas will save them
Though hope seems slim, the Indians hope that the Himilayas will save their homeland from attack for a few years yet to come.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-10-26, 07:44 PM
England: Crash and Burn

Elektro
2007-10-26, 10:37 PM
China Sees No Need to Brag
In contrast to a certain unnamed European power, China does not need to trumpet its success across the world said charge d'affairs Han Xiang Zi in a statement today. "The Chinese people are confident that our success can speak for itself. We don't need to overcompensate by issuing gauche press statements."

China Warns Against Italian Involvement in the Far East
In response to the recent movement of Italian forces into the Middle East, China has declared that any Italian movement further east into the Indian Ocean or the Asian mainland will be viewed as an act of war against the Chinese people.

China Expresses Sympathy for the British
The Chinese government has been in contact with the British to devise a strategy to protect their remaining interests from aggression. The Chinese would like to comfort them with the fact that even if their efforts are doomed to fail, at least the French that treacherously attacked them and left Italy and Germany complete dominance over Western Europe will precede them.

J_Muller
2007-10-28, 12:48 AM
Retreats
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1903B.jpg

Builds due tomorrow, Sunday, October 28th, at 10:00 EST.
Some of you have already submitted your builds/disbands, but I'll list all due builds/disbands for completeness.
Austria: 2 builds available.
China: 2 builds available.
England: Disbands F stp. 1 disband required.
France: Disbands A mar. 0 builds available.
Germany: 2 builds available.
India: A tha-sha. 2 disbands required.
Italy: 4 builds available.
Japan: 2 builds available.
Russia: 1 disband required.
Turkey: No retreats submitted. Disbands A bag. 1 disband required.

J_Muller
2007-10-28, 10:19 PM
Builds
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-S1904M.jpg

Austria: Builds A bud. One build unused.
China: Builds F can, A han.
England: Disbands F nrg.
France: N/A
Germany: No builds submitted. Two builds unused.
India: Disbands F per, F mad
Italy: Builds F mag, F nap, A rom, A ven.
Japan: No builds submitted. Two builds unused.
Russia: Disbands A tur.
Turkey: Disbands A ukr.

Spring 1904 Move Orders due Thursday, November 1st since Wednesday is Halloween and you guys will probably be doing other things.

thewamp
2007-10-28, 10:24 PM
Chinese Aren't Fooling Anyone
Though the Chinese eagerly broadcast through any media available that their successes speak for themselves, the lies that they don't publish are more blatant still. Their successes, we can exclusively reveal, come from deception and treachery. Any local powers would do well to keep a wary eye or, better still, a wary army, on the Chinese

Vexen
2007-10-29, 03:13 PM
Well, I couldn't get in on saturday and now it looks like i missed builds. Unless for some reason you wish to be merciful.
I am back now ready for negotiation.

Vexen
2007-10-30, 07:51 AM
If you did feel like being merciful and letting me have builds. . . um i would like an army in Munich and a fleet in Kie.
I'd like to say that these would not be based on others builds, but since i have seen the map I can not guarantee that they are. I would like to think so though.
Just Thought I would put it out there.

Also . . .

Ovaltine still Hated
Despite French claims, German officials claim that Kaiser Vexen still has an undying hate of Ovaltine. Won't touch the stuff. As for joining the alleged Axis of Evil, the Kaiser's response was brief. "I thought the club had a cooler name than that, it doesn't matter anyways they won't let me in without those stupid proofs of purchase." When asked for the reason for the Paris invasion, the kaiser replied that after the break in Belgium to try some waffles, the troops have been begging to try some authentic Crepes.
German populace is a little nervous that Military decisions are being made on a basis of breakfast foods.

viggo
2007-10-30, 02:03 PM
Austrians Thankful for their Disgusting Breakfasts

J_Muller
2007-10-30, 09:42 PM
Well, I couldn't get in on saturday and now it looks like i missed builds. Unless for some reason you wish to be merciful.
I am back now ready for negotiation.

Sorry, that was the deadline. It's not a game-breaker or anything, so you shouldn't worry.

viggo
2007-10-30, 10:08 PM
i don't know, i think russia's going to stage a massive invasion of the german homeland

Moody the Wise
2007-10-30, 10:12 PM
Personally, I think England is just ready to DEVOUR Germany. Hehe.

Elder_Kin
2007-10-31, 08:06 AM
Damn I suffered a build loss too. O well next season!

Vexen
2007-10-31, 02:28 PM
Sorry, that was the deadline. It's not a game-breaker or anything, so you shouldn't worry.

No definitely not a game breaker, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I did more damage to myself on the NMR that was entirely my fault and clearly avoidable, than I could ever do by missing this seasons build.

Moody the Wise
2007-11-01, 06:31 PM
Unofficial two and a half hour warning?

J_Muller
2007-11-01, 09:46 PM
Spring 1904!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-S1904R.jpg

Austria
F aeg-con
A bud-klu
A bul S F aeg-con
A klu-rum
A rum-sev
A tri holds
A vie holds

China
A cam-tha
F can-sch
F gos S F tha-joh
A han-sik (failed because a sik-sha failed)
A kan-inn
A sib S A sin-tur
A sik-sha (bounced 1:1 with sha)
A sin-tur
F sch-bru
F tha-joh
A tib-nep (bounced 1:1 with nep)

England
A edi-yor
F liv holds
F mal-joh (bounced 1:1 with joh)

France
F joh S A sha-tha (support failed: supported unit's order does not match support given; dislodged 2:1 from tha)
F lon-wal
F mao-nat
A spa holds
A yor-lon

Germany
F bal S A pru-lvn
F eng S A par-bre
A gal-boh
F nth S F eng
A nwy-stp (bounced 1:1 with mos)
A par-bre
A pru-lvn
A sil-sax

India
A afg-tur (fails)
F cal-brm
F eio-cey
A ira S A rum-sev
A nep-tib (bounced 1:1 with tib)
A sha S F joh-tha (support failed: supported unit's order does not match support given)

Italy
A bag-arm (failed because A arm-smy failed)
F gol S A pie-mar
F mag-som
A mar-bur
F mor S F wes-mao
F nap-tys
A pie-mar
A rom-ven
F smy S F aeg-con (support cut by move from armenia)
F tys-wes
A ven-tyr
F wes-mao

Japan
F bor holds
F jav S F tim-eio
F obk holds
F obl holds
(Explanation: Your GM doesn't understand the rules >.>. The off-board boxes these units were ordered to move to are not, according to the way the off-board boxes work, adjacent to off-board boxes obk and obl. I failed to spot this until jDip didn't let me input those orders.)
F phi holds
F tim-eio
F vla holds

Russia
F lvn-gob
A mos-stp (bounced 1:1 with norway)
A stp-fin
A war-mos (failed because a mos-stp failed)

Turkey
A arm-smy (bounced 1:1 with smy)
A con S A arm-smy (support cut by move from Aegean Sea; dislodged 2:1 from aeg)
F sev-bla

The following retreats are due Saturday, November 3rd, at 10:00 EST:
A con
F joh

J_Muller
2007-11-01, 09:49 PM
((Then again, those German builds might have been more important that at first thought...))

Moody the Wise
2007-11-01, 11:09 PM
War With Germany!

May the best man win. I mean that sincerely. If I weren't hundreds of miles away I'd shake your hand and say "let's have a good [dirty] fight."

Vexen
2007-11-02, 08:03 AM
After hearing the Italians offer to shake hands the Kaiser became quite enthusiastic. "Oh boy", he said, "they're finally gonna let me in their club. And there is even a secret hand shake"

Come on Moody as if I wouldn't see that coming, even 500 miles away!

Moody the Wise
2007-11-02, 09:42 AM
After hearing the Italians offer to shake hands the Kaiser became quite enthusiastic. "Oh boy", he said, "they're finally gonna let me in their club. And there is even a secret hand shake"

Come on Moody as if I wouldn't see that coming, even 500 miles away!

I don't feel as though your ability to anticipate the possibility of my move against you invalidates the strategical value of my doing it. I stand by my decision, and I look forward to the many guessing matches we have in store for us in this war.

As Captain James Hook once said, "Death is the only great adventure left."

Elder_Kin
2007-11-02, 12:27 PM
Huh well I find that rather annoying about the moves. When I read the bit about youngstown I must have misunderstood aswell.

Looks like japans about to go down the crapper.

J_Muller
2007-11-03, 01:59 AM
Retreats
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1904M.jpg

France
F joh-and

Turkey
A con-ank

Fall 1904 Orders Due Wednesday, November 7th, at 10:00 EST

J_Muller
2007-11-06, 08:38 PM
25-Hour Warning for Fall 1904 Orders

J_Muller
2007-11-07, 09:01 PM
ONE HOUR warning for Fall 1904 Orders since only five nations have submitted theirs.

J_Muller
2007-11-07, 10:48 PM
Fall 1904!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1904R.jpg

Austria
A bul S F con
F con S F smy (Support cut by move from Black Sea)
A klu-gal
A rum S A sev
A sev holds
A tri holds
A vie S A tyr-boh

China
F bru-bor
F gos S F bru-bor
A han-sik
A inn-man
F joh S A tha
A sib S A omo (Invalid order; no army in omo)
A sik-brm
F sch-ecs
A tha S A sik-brm (Support cut by move from Andamon Sea)
A tib S A sik-brm
A tur holds

England
NMR

France
F and-tha/wc (Bounced 1:1 with sha)
A lon holds
F nat-ire
A spa-por
F wal S A lon

Germany
F bal-swe (bounced 1:1 with gob)
A boh-mun
A bre-par
F eng-bre
A lvn-mos
F nth-bel
A nwy S F bal-swe
A sax S A boh-mun

India
A afg-del
F brm-cal (bounced 1:1 with nep; dislodged from sik)
F cey S F mal-eio (Support failed; Supported unit's order does not match support given)
A ira S A sev
A nep-cal (bounced 1:1 with brm)
A sha-tha (bounced 1:2 with tha)

Italy
A bag-arm
A bur-ruh
F gol-mar
A mar-bur
F mao-spa/nc
F mor-mao
F smy holds (dislodged from arm)
F som-ara
A tyr-boh
F tys-tun
A ven-tyr
F wes S F mao-spa

Japan
NMR
F bor holds (dislodged from bru)

Russia
A fin S F gob-swe
F gob-swe (bounced 1:1 with bal)
A mos-stp
A war-sil

Turkey
A ank S A arm-smy
A arm-smy
F bla-con (bounced 1:2 with con)

Retreats due Friday, November 9th, at 10:00 EST
F brm
F bor
F smy

Moody the Wise
2007-11-08, 12:42 AM
Disciplined Italian Soldiers March Straight Past Temptations, Into Excellent Tactical Position

Russian Moves Incomprehensible

GrandDukeJerot
2007-11-08, 09:45 AM
Italy, Germany conquer Mainland France; France simply moves into England

Vexen
2007-11-08, 04:11 PM
Germans try to count again

China 14 - China gains 3 builds and jumps into the lead. Now it looks as though this eastern "supper"* power will turn on the ever vacant Japan. It seems as though nothing will stop its growth.

Italy 12 - remains still. What! A year of no builds. I guess it makes up for the Four last year. Also what is with this, Italy lost a province. Unheard of.

Germany 11 - Still a contender, gaining one build even with a misterious disapearance last winter. It is a good thing Italy is at war with Germany, an alliance between these western powers would be perhaps too much to handle.

Austria 10 - after starting out a little shaky Austria is now going strong. They have done well in riding the tides of power in the west and have shown turkey who is boss.

Japan 8 - where did the japanese go. Their massive fleets now stand Idle. The only other remaining power in the east and now it looks doomed to be swallowed up by their past ally china.

India 6 - Indian forces hang in there. However, even with the war with Japan looming it looks like China has its eyes set on taking out these guys. Whats this the Italians are floating around as well to pick up the leftovers. What will India do next?

France and Russia 3 - The once great Power now is matched with the Puny French, who have taken up residency in London. Will the Russians continue striking at the German forces, or attempt to defend their last remaining lands.

Turkey and England 2 - these countries are just holding in there. Who will last the longest, and who will be the first to go. It seems turkey is worse off, being surrounded by greedy neighbors and a lack of allies. While Enland sits Isolated sharing its homeland with its most bitter enemy the French.

*this is just for you Moody.

thewamp
2007-11-08, 05:28 PM

China 14 - China gains 3 builds and jumps into the lead. Now it looks as though this eastern "supper"* power will turn on the ever vacant Japan. It seems as though nothing will stop its growth.

*this is just for you Moody.

Not just for Moody. That was a fun game. I believe that was chaos of war? Lots of entertaining trash talk...:smalltongue:

Good times

Moody the Wise
2007-11-08, 06:02 PM
Italy 12 - remains still. What! A year of no builds. I guess it makes up for the Four last year. Also what is with this, Italy lost a province. Unheard of.

Eh, we're not concerned. Italy lost a supply center whose position was untenable. We don't expect the situation to be repeated on the German front.

Vexen
2007-11-09, 02:53 PM
just wondering if anyone has heard from Elder_Kin. I ask because Japan NMR last season, and also I just replaced him as Brittain in Art of War. I really don't mean to be a thorn to China, but this retreat could make a significant difference in tactics. Maybe we can hold retreat orders or at least builds until we can confirm that Japan is still being governed and is not in Civil disorder.

viggo
2007-11-09, 08:51 PM
Austrians Flex Nuts, Own Turkey

J_Muller
2007-11-10, 02:26 AM
just wondering if anyone has heard from Elder_Kin. I ask because Japan NMR last season, and also I just replaced him as Brittain in Art of War. I really don't mean to be a thorn to China, but this retreat could make a significant difference in tactics. Maybe we can hold retreat orders or at least builds until we can confirm that Japan is still being governed and is not in Civil disorder.

No, I haven't gotten any response out of him. Since a Japanese NMR would drastically unbalance the game, I'm putting things on hold until we get a replacement. Anyone know anyone who'd be interested in taking over control?

Moody the Wise
2007-11-10, 10:30 AM
No, I haven't gotten any response out of him. Since a Japanese NMR would drastically unbalance the game, I'm putting things on hold until we get a replacement. Anyone know anyone who'd be interested in taking over control?

Yeah, I know of this excellent player who would be willing to take over. I think his name is ... Moopy the Wise? No relation, of course. :smallamused:

viggo
2007-11-10, 12:03 PM
Yeah I have this female cousin named Vigga, she'd love to.

Elektro
2007-11-11, 06:43 PM
I agree that we should find someone for Japan. I've asked the players of my game if they would like to take the spot. Karmuno might want it, since Turkey is probably not going to last out the year.

However, I think we need to keep the Wednesday deadline for Spring 1905 regardless. I've seen too many games die on these forums in situations exactly like this. Obviously I would gain an advantage in the event of another Japanese NMR, but the clock towards finals and mass NMRs is closing quickly.

Highwarlord
2007-11-11, 08:29 PM
I am willing to take the position.

Because Real Men Wear Pink

J_Muller
2007-11-12, 03:23 AM
Elektro: You're right that we need to hurry.

I am willing to take the position.

Because Real Men Wear Pink

Done. Everyone, meet the new Emperor of Japan. All nations please try to get your retreats, and builds if possible, in to me ASAP.

Highwarlord
2007-11-12, 04:22 PM
Japan's Emperor Ill; Shogun Assumes "Care" of Japan
The great shogun Yoritomo, a quiet contender for power within Japan, has assumed control of the great state of Japan for the duration of the emperor's sudden 'illness.'
Caring individuals are to send gifts to the emperor, preferably those that the newfound ruler will be able to use.
Fleets and island nations are, of course, always in style.

Dwayna_DF07
2007-11-12, 07:50 PM
Crap... I forgot to send in orders last turn...
Oh well. I will try to live on my last legs, then...

GrandDukeJerot
2007-11-12, 10:59 PM
You might not want to stand. You'll fall down hard if you're standing while I amputate your last legs. Just lie down and it will be a lot less painless.

Elektro
2007-11-13, 12:20 AM
Hong Kong Morning Post

China Welcomes New Leadership in Japan
With the control of the Japanese Empire now vested in the hands of Shogun Yoritomo, China has sent diplomats to re-establish relations between the nations. Sources report that China has offered to return the former Japanese possession of Borneo and stand down its forces in return for restoration of Sino-Japanese ties. Further news will be forthcoming.

Negotiations Continue on Shanghai Agreement

Chinese diplomats and military leaders met their counterparts in Japan today to hammer out the remaining disagreements in the Shanghai Agreement. The Agreement divides the Pacific into spheres on influence and places limits on the military branches of both nations. Chinese government officials are enthusiastic that the proposal will provide a long-term framework for peaceful cooperation of Japan and China.

France Boasts, Rest of the World Laughs

Leading members of the Emperor's Council reacted to the French boasts to the British nation with derision today. Han Xiang Zi stated, "It is laughable that the French feel they are in a position to demean the noble British people. The previous year saw them lose 40% of their military assets, including the loss of their sole colonial possession in Asia. While they have indeed made some strides against the British, they should learn to be a little more humble when France is currently under German and Italian control. Regardless of how the do against the English, the loss of vital equipment in France means their military can grow no larger than its current size." Chinese cities have seen outpourings of support for the beleaguered British, but there is little the nation can do to aid them.

J_Muller
2007-11-14, 02:32 AM
((My apologies to everyone for the delay. I've had a lot of homework lately. Also, Photobucket is down for maintenance at this time, so I can't upload the map with retreats. Suffice to say they are:

F brm disbands
F smy disbands
F bor-cel

I'll post the map later, or I might just post the map with builds once I get all of them. To update, build opportunities at they stand are:

Austria: 3 builds
China: 3 builds
England: 1 disband
France: 2 disbands
Germany: 4 builds
India: 1 build
Italy: 1 build
Japan: 1 build
Russia: 1 disband
Turkey: 1 disband

Vexen
2007-11-14, 09:06 AM
Germany 11 - Still a contender, gaining one build even with a misterious disapearance last winter. It is a good thing Italy is at war with Germany, an alliance between these western powers would be perhaps too much to handle.

It appears that Germany yet agains fails at counting. And we messed up with our own Nation.

Germany 12!

German Kaiser Vexen blames counting error on his 5th grade teacher. Military experts say it probably has more to do with looking ahead and anticipating the loss of Munich.

Elektro
2007-11-16, 08:24 PM
J_Muller, are we waiting for builds still? I hope this game doesn't die ....

Highwarlord
2007-11-17, 01:05 AM
My buildses is inses!
(Despite the fact that I am officially gone today and tomorrow. Odd, how these things work out)

J_Muller
2007-11-17, 01:14 AM
Winter 1904 Builds!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-S1905M.jpg

Spring 1905 Orders due Monday, November 19th, at 10:00 EST.

Maldiem
2007-11-18, 03:05 PM
Genesis of Empires (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62078), a somewhat different Diplomacy game that I'm DMing, has two openings as a result of dropped players. We're using non-standard start locations, and the two openings are for a North African empire and a Japanese empire. Feel free to post in the thread or message me if you'd like to take over for one of them.

Moody the Wise
2007-11-19, 01:14 PM
To whom it may concern,

I am hopping on a bus home this afternoon, where I will remain until Sunday night. While at home I will have limited computer access and be very busy. However, I will do my best to check in once a day (or maybe every other) to answer any needed correspondence.

Not that anybody really talks to me anymore.

Highwarlord
2007-11-20, 12:51 AM
Japanese Find Invitation to Atlantic Yacht Club, Under England's Name

"We are happy to have finally resolved this dispute, and shall begin sending in our ships to the Western Hemisphere effective immediately."
When confronted with the fact that England's name was on the yachting registration, the Japanese foreign ministry's diabolical legal team provided precident:
"Simply look to the French transference of their Atlantic rights to the Italians. The British clearly aren't using theres properly just as the French weren't before there's were repossessed; there's no reason why it should go to waste."

viggo
2007-11-20, 01:44 AM
Austria to Japan: Stay on your side of the globe

Seriously. If you want to expand, go after China or something. Europe doesn't need the influence of your tyrannical sword-obsessed culture. We already have the Germans for that.

J_Muller
2007-11-20, 04:16 AM
Spring 1905!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-S1905R.jpg

Austria:
NMR
Dislodged from smy 2:1

China:
F bor holds
A brm-cal bounces with del
F can-ecs
F ecs-soj
F gos-sch
A han-sik fails because A sik-lao fails
F joh-mal
A man-kor
A pek-man
A sib-vla bounces with vla
A sik-lao bounces with sha
A tha-brm fails because A brm-cal fails
A tib S A brm-cal
A tur-afg bounces with ira

England:
F liv-cly
A yor-edi

France:
F ire-iri
A lon holds
F wal-eng

Germany:
F bal-swe bounces with gob
F bel S F bre-eng has its support cut by move from Ruhr.
A ber-kie
F bre-eng bounces with wal
A kie-hol
A mos S A nwy-stp
A mun-boh
A nwy-stp bounces with stp
A par-bur
A pos-sil
A sax S A mun-boh

India:
F cey S F ara-wio
A del-cal bounces with brm
A ira-afg bounces with tur
F mad-bob bounces with eio
A nep S A del-cal
A sha-lao bounces with sik

Italy:
F ara-wio
A arm-syr
A boh S A tyr-mun is dislodged from mun
A bur-pic
F mag-som
F mar-spa
F mao S F wal-eng
A ruh-bel bounces with bel
F spa-gas
F tun-alg
A tyr-mun
F wes-mor

Japan:
F cel-bor bounces with bor
F eio-bob bounces with mad
F jav holds
F obk-obb
F obl holds
F osa holds
F phi-spo
F vla holds

Russia:
A fin S A stp-nwy
F gob-swe bounces with bal
A stp-nwy bounces with nwy

Turkey:
A ank S A smy-con
A smy-con

Retreats due Wednesday, November 21st, at 10:00 EST
Needed retreats: F con, A boh

Vexen
2007-11-20, 09:21 AM
That almost went as well as I hoped, except for the Franco-Italian alliance. What was with that? How many times is france gonna fall for the BFF line? Or are they just that desperate to get Brest back for 1 year? You realize that even if you do take it, you still don't get a build.

thewamp
2007-11-20, 11:41 PM
I'm gone through Sunday, just to give a heads up. I might have internet, but if I don't, expect me to contact anyone who needs to be contacted late on Sunday.

Highwarlord
2007-11-21, 04:43 PM
Being in the Atlantic Yachting Club Hurts
Apparently, the Chinese understood Japan's membership in the Atlantic Yachting Club to count as being a European power, and has launched a semi-devastating assault on our nation. We will naturally attempt to respond in kind, after having cancelled our subscription to Atlantic Yachting Weekly.

GrandDukeJerot
2007-11-25, 11:11 AM
When are we getting the new map?

J_Muller
2007-11-27, 02:18 AM
Sorry for the delay! Retreats weren't in when I checked just before leaving for Thanksgiving, so I decided to just delay, since I only had the jDip files on this computer. I'm back now, though.

Retreats!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1905M.jpg

Fall 1905 Moves Due Thursday, November 29th, at 10:00 EST

karmuno
2007-11-27, 09:23 PM
I suppose now will be a good time to say that I am going to be out of town and without access to a computer until Sunday, although I doubt actually being here to take my turns will improve my chances much...

Elektro
2007-11-29, 05:50 PM
This is your unofficial 5-hour warning for Fall 1905 Orders!

Hong Kong Morning Post

Chinese Forces Move to Secure Japan
Chinese forces have been moving to secure Japanese possession after the bulk of their forces have moved to assualt Europe. A highly-placed government source reported that China had been contacted by numerous rebel groups in Japanese held territories for assistance. China plans to extend its protection to former Japanee holdings, which will benefit both our glorious nation and the peoples we will be freeing.

Korea Liberated!

The Chinese 5th Army entered Seoul and Pusan this spring with minimal resistance from Japanese forces. The liberating army was met with spontaneous displays of affection and was feted with kimchee and other Korean "delicacies." When asked for comment, Sergeant Major Li Xiua replied, "It was ... um .... good, yeah, really good." With the return of Korea to Chinese protection, military officials expect all of North East Asia to be united under the China's enlighted rule.

Moody the Wise
2007-11-29, 06:03 PM
[B]
Chinese forces have been moving to secure Japanese possession

Chinese forces have been moving to secure Japanese dispossession ...

Highwarlord
2007-11-29, 06:08 PM
Shogun Yoritomo Denies Rebellion; Similarly Denies Beheading of Chinese Ambassadors

Elektro
2007-11-29, 06:29 PM
Peking Observer

Chinese Diplomats in Tokyo Feared Dead
In the past months, China has been unable to contact its diplomatic staff in Japan, who are feared dead. It appears that the Japanese government, frustated by its impotence and its imminent destruction by Chinese forces, has once again lashed out irresponibily. The Chinese government has dispatched a fleet to enter the undefended Toyko Bay and retrieve our fallen and to enact punitive measures against those responsible.

thewamp
2007-11-29, 08:01 PM
Chinese Propaganda Reaches a New Level

The waves of Chinese propaganda and entertainingly implausible lies flooding out into a completely unconvinced world have reached an all-time high. In other news, several wealthy Indian landowners are reported to be taking bets on who will be the next target of this ridiculous and absurd news network.

viggo
2007-11-29, 11:36 PM
dear japan,

get your fargin fleet out of the atlantic

sincerely

austria

J_Muller
2007-12-01, 03:15 AM
The completely not at all late Fall 1905.
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1905R.jpg

Because I am lazy, the order results will be posted in the form of a series of screenshots from my computer, contained within this spoiler. Warning, these are rather large images. If you guys want, I can put edit them into separate spoiler boxes.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/adjudicatedfall1905partI.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/Adjudicatedfall1905partII.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/Adjudicatedfall1905partIII.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/Adjudicatedfall1905partIV.jpg

Retreats due 10:00 EST Sunday, December 2nd.
A mun
A sha

thewamp
2007-12-01, 11:50 AM
Um, copypasted from the PM I sent you, these are my orders:
A ira - afg
A del - cal
A nep S A del - cal
F mad - bob
A sha - lao
F cey S F ara - wio

Therefore, everybody moving to cal should have bounced. I should still control it.

EDIT: I'm stupid, these are spring 1905 orders. Ignore this.

Elektro
2007-12-01, 01:08 PM
Um, copypasted from the PM I sent you, these are my orders:
A ira - afg
A del - cal
A nep S A del - cal
F mad - bob
A sha - lao
F cey S F ara - wio

Therefore, everybody moving to cal should have bounced. I should still control it.

The date and time it was sent, if it helps, was 11-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Aren't those your orders from Spring 1905? I don't mind either way, because then I'll get ira which was my original intention or cal as shown.

Hong Kong Morning Post - November 30, 1905

Invasion of Japan Launched!
After units of the Chinese army prepared the way by seizing anchorages in Korea and Vladivostok, the 5th Imperial Marine detachment liberated the historic city of Kyoto and its surrounding prefectures in a daring amphibious invasion. Extreme care was taken to safeguard the innumerable treasures of the city and with only token resistance civilian casualties were light. With Kyoto as our base of operations, China will swiftly move to complete the invasion of Honshu.

Chinese Denounce Turkish, Large Windfall Reported by Chinese Government
Reports from Peking showed that in an unlikely twist of events, the Chinese press has targeted the Turkish Empire. In an unrelated story, the Chinese government has reported a huge budget surplus, driven my vst gambling revenues from surprised Indian landowners.

Indian Propaganda Reaches New, Even Crappier Level (If That Were Even Possible)
The Indian government continues to criticize the Chinese press for their reporting on Chinese war efforts. In response, the Chinese army has launched Operation Free Press. General Po Tzu stated: "The Chinese government takes freedom of the press very seriously. With the problem brought to light by the Indian press, we feel that the only way to restore integrity to our nation's press is to merge with that of the Indians." While reports are still confused, the operation has met initial success with the acquisition of either the Tehran Times or the Calcutta Courier.

thewamp
2007-12-01, 02:04 PM
Aren't those your orders from Spring 1905? I don't mind either way, because then I'll get ira which was my original intention or cal as shown.

Shoot, you're right. Nevermind then, J_Muller. I'm just an idiot

But no, if I'd done as I'd intended, you wouldn't have gotten either. I'd have done exactly what I did, and then instead supported one of the moves into cal.

Indians Were Next Target of Chinese Propaganda
Though the odds weren't that good, many Indian Gamblers made a small profit when the next article of the Chinese Rag reached the presses. A very few argued that Turkey had been the target, though these arguments were soon dropped when it became clear that there was no actual propaganda directed by china.

GrandDukeJerot
2007-12-01, 06:31 PM
France Declares England is to Be No More

In a surprise tactical maneuver, French generals took Liverpool and Yorkshire this season. France rejoysces in its newfound love for terriers. I mean, they are just so cute! But getting back on the important point, England is to end next year.

viggo
2007-12-02, 05:42 AM
List of Great World Powers

The Encyclopedia Vienna released its yearly update of the top 10 world powers. In order, they are:

China - 19 Supply Centers - This monstrous Middle Kingdom is no longer middle. Perhaps they should rename themselves Top Kingdom. Seriously. Someone's gotta stop these maniacs.
Italy - 15 Supply Centers - Seeing as much territory as the Roman Empire had, the King of Italy declared a national day of holiday and stabinating the Germans.
Austria- 10 Supply Centers - Even though the Prinz was asleep at the helm for a season, the Austrians are seeing no slowdown in their conquests. It ain't so bad at third.
Germany - 10 Supply Centers - Despite the loss of their French holdings, the German Empire is still holding strong at third. Only time will tell how they hold up against the Italian onslaught. Moscow was a nice acquisition. I hope the soldiers stationed on the Eastern front enjoy borscht.
Japan - 5 Supply Centers - Losing a good chunk of their holdings this last year has cost the Japanese dearly in rank. At fifth place, this middling power had better think of something quick if they are to stop the Chinese from rolling through their islands.
India - 5 Supply Centers - Sultan Wamp is doing his damndest to hold off the Chinese attackers, but unless a tactical miracle comes through, this power may not last long.
France - 3 Supply Centers - Shouldn't we be calling them the English now?
Russia - 2 Supply Centers - The Russian homeland looks more like a Jackson Pollock painting than an actual country. With Austria, Germany and China controlling more of Mother Russia than the Russians, the future is bleak, much like Siberia.
Turkey - 2 Supply Centers - Turkey's former position at 6 supply centers has been cut to a third of its peak. The end is near for the Sultan, and no amount of begging will continue his career.
England - 1 Supply Centers - The unfortunate English seem to be the first power to be eliminated. Shame. If the Chinese ever open their tyrannical government to elections, perhaps the Queen can take over as number one.

J_Muller
2007-12-03, 02:20 AM
Um, -2 hour warning for retreats?

Yeah, I'm only missing one, but they're both important given the steamrolling that's going on in Asia and Europe at the hands of China and Italy, respectively.

Elektro
2007-12-04, 05:35 PM
OoC: Are we still waiting on retreats to be sent in?

Xi'an Daily: Shaanxi's Source for News

Austrian Suggestions Laughable

Recent news reports out of the Austro-Hungarian Empire have labeled our great nation as "maniacs" and called for our "tyrannical" government to allow free elections. This comment was met with derision in official government circles. Foreign Minister Han Xiang Zi said, "China has been ruled through the divine guidance of the Sons of Heaven since before their empire was even a gleam in some barbarian's eyes. I would have thought Austria-Hungary would clearly recognize the need for a strong central government when ruling over a large and diverse population. Regardless, it is hypocritical of the repressive Austro-Hungarian monarchy to criticize whatever faults our system might have. Like of the stuff that comes out of Vienna, I'm sure this outburst was directed from Rome. "

In fact, it is this reporter's opinion that China is the most generous great power in dealing with its partner states. We only require unrestricted basing rights, free and preferential trade agreements, and the signing of a mutual defense pact. In contrast to the so-called "progressive" European powers, China makes no demands on the social or religious practices of others. It is this advantage that has allow us to see great success and force second-rate powers like Austria to hurl venomous threats at our nation.

thewamp
2007-12-05, 03:15 PM
Editorial - Chinese News is the Most Boring in the World
Seriously! It's not what they're saying - that's pretty typical - it's that everything they've said is the same. There isn't the slightest ounce of creativity in their news, no witty repartee.

I long for the days when a country would invade another and instead of shows of machismo, there were talks of invasion causing babies to be made.

It's like I've always said: If you can't say something funny, don't say anything at all.

-Anonymous

Highwarlord
2007-12-05, 06:37 PM
Japan Silent; Most Likely Boring

Vexen
2007-12-05, 06:44 PM
I long for the days when a country would invade another and instead of shows of machismo, there were talks of invasion causing babies to be made.

I believe that it is invading Turkey that makes babies. . . which explains why Austria has increased in numbers recently.

OoC: I forget how many people were in that game.

Elektro
2007-12-05, 07:47 PM
Recent Indian Press has Reached Pinnacle of Humor
The recent Indian editorial criticizing the lack of humor in Chinese press has been widely acclaimed throughout Zhongguo (the Middle Kingdom) as a masterpiece of humor writing. Hunan peasant farmer Sun Tao said between fits of laughter, "The witty repartee and creatively from that anonymous Indian writer was the funniest I have ever seen. At least it would be so if I could read."

China Struggles to Respond: Is There a Funny Gap?
-- by Li Yat-sen

As China wipes the tears of laughter from its eyes, the political fallout has just begun to settle in Peking. Many Chinese are asking how our government could allow such a dangerous imbalance in funniness to develop between China and a hostile India.

We must look at this from a military point of view. I mean, suppose the Indians stash away some humorous anecdote? They could then use it to take over! In fact, they might try an immediate sneak attack to take over our humor! It would be extremely naive of us to believe these developments will cause any change in expansionist Indian policy. We must be increasingly on the alert to prevent them from taking over other sources of humor, in order to prevent them from laughing more prodigiously than we do, thus knocking us out with superior funniness! Emperor, we must not allow a funny gap!

OoC: It'd would be easier to have a more humorous press if mine wasn't the only one that posts with some regularity. The reason those old games were so funny was that everyone was posting frequently.

viggo
2007-12-05, 09:13 PM
quit having nineteen supply centers and i might

thewamp
2007-12-05, 09:40 PM
OoC: It'd would be easier to have a more humorous press if mine wasn't the only one that posts with some regularity. The reason those old games were so funny was that everyone was posting frequently.

I know, but the key to funny news is not to write for the sake of getting something written, but to write for the sake of writing a funny idea.

But I'm not complaining. Just making fun of you, in a purely sporting way.:smallwink:

Moody the Wise
2007-12-05, 11:34 PM
Personally, I've exhausted most of my good jokes. Here goes nothing ...

Turkey Stuffed; Italians, Austrians Delight

England Headed for Great Tea Party In the Sky

Europe Goes Crazy Over Brest

First the French, then the Germans, and now we Italians. Yes, it seems as though the nations of Europe have an unhealthy obsession with Brest: we just can't keep our hands off of it. This has sparked great controversy over which nation has had the best Brest. Some long for the glory days of the French Brest, when the city was surrounded by thick stands of bushes. Others think fondly of the Brest of Germany, when the city was literally full of seamen. However, most citizens of the city welcome the new Italian Brest, with the improved support it offers. There's just something about a Brest you can hold on to. Of course, the military advantages cannot be overlooked: the ability of our great nation to hold onto Brest will result in an entire army being erected this Winter.

J_Muller
2007-12-06, 02:55 AM
Retreats!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/J_Muller_bucket/OfEmperorsandPresidents-F1905B.jpg

Builds Due Sunday, December 9th, at 10:00 EST
Austria: 1 Build
China: 3 Builds
England: 1 Disband
France: Nothing
Germany: 1 Disband
India: 1 Disband
Italy: 3 Builds
Japan: 3 Disbands
Russia: 1 Disband
Turkey: 1 Build

Highwarlord
2007-12-07, 02:15 AM
Japanese Armies Forced to Return Home; Military Advisors Too Sad to Comment
Humorists Flood Out of Japan to America to Avoid Chinese Wrath

Maldiem
2007-12-08, 02:40 AM
European Love Triangle!

Italy took Germany's Brest in hand, while France looked on and gained Ire. Odd that Germany allowed Italy to invade its Brest region, as Italy quite clearly also has Gas. Word is, Italy might be taking Germany to its Den, if you know what we mean. Italy might also bring Austria, who has promised to involve bud (Austria isn't big on Light beer) and bring some Rum. Watch out, you two-- I heard Germany has Mos, which is highly contagious.

Moody the Wise
2007-12-08, 11:54 AM
European Love Triangle!

Italy took Germany's Brest in hand, while France looked on and gained Ire. Odd that Germany allowed Italy to invade its Brest region, as Italy quite clearly also has Gas. Word is, Italy might be taking Germany to its Den, if you know what we mean. Italy might also bring Austria, who has promised to involve bud (Austria isn't big on Light beer) and bring some Rum. Watch out, you two-- I heard Germany has Mos, which is highly contagious.

Well-played, sir.

viggo
2007-12-08, 04:01 PM
Austrian Bud is the Plant, Not the Horrible American Beer

Elektro
2007-12-08, 11:29 PM
Hong Kong Morning Post

All These Puns Cause China to Let Out a Sai

Article Causes Strange Desire for China to Reach Out and Sieze Italy's Brest

I know, but the key to funny news is not to write for the sake of getting something written, but to write for the sake of writing a funny idea.

But I'm not complaining. Just making fun of you, in a purely sporting way.

Fair enough. I'm not the greatest at humor, so I like to play it straight. And in a purely sporting way, I haven't seen too many funny posts from you now that I've started to occupy your home centers. :smallamused: