PDA

View Full Version : Things you can do to a flatfooted opponent

Arael666
2018-05-24, 01:33 PM
We all know that a flatfooted opponent loses his dex bonus to AC and is vulnerable to sneak attack/sudden strike, we also have iaijutsu focus and the "hit-and-run" fighter ACF' from drow of the underdark that can be used.

Aside from that, what else can we do to a flatfooted opponent?

retaliation08
2018-05-24, 01:35 PM
Cloaked casting from the Beguiler.

Zaq
2018-05-24, 02:21 PM
Anything that would normally provoke AoOs? You can’t make AoOs while flat-footed unless you have Combat Reflexes.

Uncle Pine
2018-05-24, 02:31 PM
Shock and Awe spell (SC).
Shadow Noose maneuver (ToB).
Iaijutsu Focus skill (OA).
Death in the Dark maneuver (ToB).
Vae School feat (DotU).
Prophecy's Slayer feat (MoE).
Hand of Death maneuver (ToB).
Frightful Cleave class feature (Ghost-faced Killer, CA).
Pouncing Ambush class feature (Reachrunner, RoE).
Silencing Attack class feature (Ninja of the Crescent Moon, Sword and Fist).

Nifft
2018-05-24, 02:33 PM
Safely use your unimproved unarmed strike.

Arael666
2018-05-24, 02:34 PM
Anything that would normally provoke AoOs? You can’t make AoOs while flat-footed unless you have Combat Reflexes.

While you can do things while an opponent can't use OoOs, i'm looking for things that you can actively do TO an opponent, specifically things that REQUIRE him to be flatfooted, as the other two posts mentioned. By the way, fantastic guys, I had no idea I was missing so many things.

Now I think this would deserve a list (with ratings from good to bad options), if there isn't one already. What do you guys think?

Uncle Pine
2018-05-24, 04:18 PM
Now I think this would deserve a list (with ratings from good to bad options), if there isn't one already. What do you guys think?
"Things that require your opponent to be flat-footed" is such a niche category including things that mostly don't interact well together, so rating them is kind of a waste of time imo. However, this is the Playground: while ratings may be overkill we love niche lists, as shown by the astounding works of users like Jowgen, daremetoidareyo, Darrin and many more.

So in my opinion there will be people who might enjoy having a nice little list on the subject.