PDA

View Full Version : Confessions 3: Spilling The Beans Remix

Bartmanhomer
2018-05-24, 03:11 PM
Well I might as well start a new Confession thread. You know what to do. Confess anything.

I collect all pokemon for Pokemon GO. (Generation 1 to Generation 3)

8BitNinja
2018-05-26, 01:15 PM
I do not like playing Pathfinder. I believe it's just D&D 3e with many unnecessary rules.

Bartmanhomer
2018-05-26, 01:34 PM
I do not like playing Pathfinder. I believe it's just D&D 3e with many unnecessary rules.

Dungeons and Dragons 3-3.5 edition and Pathfinder are the same basic game with a few differences.

AMFV
2018-05-26, 08:16 PM
I really really wish I could hit a particular somebody right now. But I can't.

Velaryon
2018-05-27, 01:27 AM
I'm supposed to be prepping for a D&D session tomorrow but I am feeling uninspired and not making much progress.

AuthorGirl
2018-05-27, 03:50 PM
I'm supposed to be prepping for a D&D session tomorrow but I am feeling uninspired and not making much progress.

Join the club, mate :smallsigh:

Velaryon
2018-05-28, 03:53 PM
Join the club, mate :smallsigh:

Well, I never did get as prepared as I should have been. And on top of that, one player who was expected to be unable to attend and whose character was also in a different place at the beginning of the session (and who I therefore planned around not being there) was able to make it after all. And yet somehow the session came out okay. The players seemed to have a good time, anyway, and I count that as a win even if I felt like I under-delivered.

AuthorGirl
2018-05-28, 07:28 PM
Well, I never did get as prepared as I should have been. And on top of that, one player who was expected to be unable to attend and whose character was also in a different place at the beginning of the session (and who I therefore planned around not being there) was able to make it after all. And yet somehow the session came out okay. The players seemed to have a good time, anyway, and I count that as a win even if I felt like I under-delivered.

Hey, awesome! Meanwhile, my players just didn't show up.

The Fury
2018-05-29, 08:17 PM
Most people I meet are terrified of spiders, I'm a little strange in the fact that I'm not all that bothered by them. I don't like killing them either, so it's always super awkward when someone tried to get me to kill a spider and I try to rescue it and put it outside instead.

A couple days ago, I found a jumping spider on a bench at a bus station. It really made my day! Did you know that they sit up on their back legs to get a better look at things? It's cute!

I hope I didn't give anyone nightmares just now. I've had more than a few people freak out on me when I mention that jumping spiders exist.

2D8HP
2018-05-29, 10:44 PM
...my players just didn't show up.

Sad to learn that AG.

:frown:

8BitNinja
2018-06-03, 10:52 PM
I accidentally flushed two quarters down the toilet today. Even though it happened hours ago, it still feels like a failed investment.

I heard that some people here work in sewage. If you find 50 cents in the sewage, consider it a tip from me.

Velaryon
2018-06-06, 07:39 PM
Hey, awesome! Meanwhile, my players just didn't show up.

That sucks. Why didn't they?

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-07, 06:13 PM
I accidentally flushed two quarters down the toilet today. Even though it happened hours ago, it still feels like a failed investment.

that sounds a lot like any investment advice these days. -just flushing it down the stool-

Confession:

I like playing Pathfinder more then any other system.

AMFV
2018-06-07, 08:12 PM

I heard that some people here work in sewage. If you find 50 cents in the sewage, consider it a tip from me.

It'll be an even worse one once it clogs the pipes.

2D8HP
2018-06-07, 09:03 PM
It'll be an even worse one once it clogs the pipes.

Two quarters?

Please.

My "best customers" (http://www.ktvu.com/news/stuffed-towel-in-toilet-may-be-cause-of-raw-sewage-flood-at-sf-hall-of-justice) can flush far more than that (lots of inaccuracies in the report, but you get the gist).

Though now the "overnight guests" (http://www.sfexaminer.com/hall-justice-relieved-sewage-spills-problem-dumped-jail-floor/) hurt themselves more.

Besides the cloth and plastic the "guests" flush, what can really clog a drain well is dry pasta and rice.

AMFV
2018-06-07, 09:31 PM
Two quarters?

Please.

My "best customers" (http://www.ktvu.com/news/stuffed-towel-in-toilet-may-be-cause-of-raw-sewage-flood-at-sf-hall-of-justice) can flush far more than that (lots of inaccuracies in the report, but you get the gist).

Though now the "overnight guests" (http://www.sfexaminer.com/hall-justice-relieved-sewage-spills-problem-dumped-jail-floor/) hurt themselves more.

Besides the cloth and plastic the "guests" flush, what can really clog a drain well is dry pasta and rice.

It was a joke....

2D8HP
2018-06-07, 10:24 PM
It was a joke....

A joke?!

This is no pla...

Oh wait..

It totally is.

Sorry!

Goaty14
2018-06-08, 03:50 PM
I must confess that I just saw a horsefly (https://www.whatsthatbug.com/wp-content/uploads//2009/01/horse_fly_scaptia_lata_argentina.jpg) for the first time and it scared me. Thankfully I was able to break its wings with a can of fruit and put it in an empty cup, then cover the cup with the can.

I'm too scared to check if it's still alive.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-09, 07:49 AM
I must confess that I just saw a horsefly (https://www.whatsthatbug.com/wp-content/uploads//2009/01/horse_fly_scaptia_lata_argentina.jpg) for the first time and it scared me. Thankfully I was able to break its wings with a can of fruit and put it in an empty cup, then cover the cup with the can.

I'm too scared to check if it's still alive.Be careful, those flies can regrow their wings in 12 hours and fly with enough force to lift the cup. It was good to put the canned fruit on top of it.

I am told I am full of sheit, so take what I say with a grain of crystallized horsefly wings.

8BitNinja
2018-06-09, 12:19 PM
Two quarters?

Please.

I'm sorry. Next time, I'll package my money in a tube that fits the pipes and flush it to tip you.

Or, if you prefer dealing with the things in these reports, I could always flush concrete mix.

Amazon
2018-06-09, 02:21 PM
I wonder if 2D8HP feels well represented by the fact Laurin's daughter is also a plumber.

2D8HP
2018-06-09, 08:19 PM
I wonder if 2D8HP feels well represented by the fact Laurin's daughter is also a plumber.

I do, but not as much as I do by the Cellarers' and Plumbers' Guild of Waterdeep at the Guildhall on Gaustus Street (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wdn/20060301a)

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-09, 09:55 PM
I do, but not as much as I do by the Cellarers' and Plumbers' Guild of Waterdeep at the Guildhall on Gaustus Street (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wdn/20060301a)

So, are you confessing to spilling the beans about the guild fees hike?

Confession #3: I know the answer is yes, but I am not telling.

2D8HP
2018-06-09, 10:08 PM
So, are you confessing to spilling the beans about the guild fees hike?

I will neither confirm nor deny...

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-09, 10:14 PM
I will neither confirm nor deny...

since that is a double negative, that means you will either confirm or deny .. .. .. which one is it?

2D8HP
2018-06-10, 12:38 AM
since that is a double negative, that means you will either confirm or deny .. .. .. which one is it?

I will neither confirm nor deny any knowledge of English language grammar.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-10, 09:08 AM
*sigh* Well darn.

Confession #4P: I never was a very good grammar nazi.

8BitNinja
2018-06-10, 02:09 PM

Finally, the first honest person ever when talking about their knowledge of the English language.

Bartmanhomer
2018-06-10, 03:58 PM
I beat A Level 100 Mewtwo with my Level 1 Magikarp. :biggrin:

Velaryon
2018-06-10, 04:45 PM
I beat A Level 100 Mewtwo with my Level 1 Magikarp. :biggrin:

Did he choke to death while eating your Magikarp?

Bartmanhomer
2018-06-10, 05:32 PM
Did he choke to death while eating your Magikarp?

No. Magikarp use Tackle and it was a one-hour knockout for Mewtwo.

Fiery Diamond
2018-06-10, 10:30 PM
Most people I meet are terrified of spiders, I'm a little strange in the fact that I'm not all that bothered by them. I don't like killing them either, so it's always super awkward when someone tried to get me to kill a spider and I try to rescue it and put it outside instead.

A couple days ago, I found a jumping spider on a bench at a bus station. It really made my day! Did you know that they sit up on their back legs to get a better look at things? It's cute!

I hope I didn't give anyone nightmares just now. I've had more than a few people freak out on me when I mention that jumping spiders exist.

What? Why would someone freak out about that? Jumping spiders are adorable!

8BitNinja
2018-06-12, 03:21 PM
My glasses are invincible. I once dropped them in a concert and they were stomped on at least 5 times, and they were not damaged at all.

The Fury
2018-06-15, 10:10 PM
What? Why would someone freak out about that? Jumping spiders are adorable!

The short answer? The word "jumping" plus the word "spider." I don't think people that freak out actually know what a jumping spider looks like, but their imaginations must come up with something pretty horrifying.

Jumping spiders are cute, but that's not something you can explain to someone that freaked out because you said "jumping spider." I can usually get people to calm down a little if I mention that they sometimes wear dewdrops as hats.

Bartmanhomer
2018-06-15, 10:27 PM
Magikarp is my favorite Pokémon of all time.

8BitNinja
2018-06-17, 11:26 PM
The short answer? The word "jumping" plus the word "spider." I don't think people that freak out actually know what a jumping spider looks like, but their imaginations must come up with something pretty horrifying.

Jumping spiders are cute, but that's not something you can explain to someone that freaked out because you said "jumping spider." I can usually get people to calm down a little if I mention that they sometimes wear dewdrops as hats.

Because nothing can be dangerous if it wears a dewdrop hat.

darkrose50
2018-06-18, 09:47 AM
In college I bought a printer that broke. I bought a new one and returned the broken one. I did this 3-4 times. The model must have been horrible.

Wal-Mart has this policy that they match printed ads. Another store had an error in their add. I went to many Wal-Mart's to see if they would match the error.

I think that there is a conspiracy suggesting that pumpkin pie is edible. Everyone is in on it, and they all want to trick me!

Velaryon
2018-06-18, 09:48 PM
I think that there is a conspiracy suggesting that pumpkin pie is edible. Everyone is in on it, and they all want to trick me!

Preach it! Pumpkins are decorations, not food.

Sophi789
2018-06-18, 11:01 PM
I actually like making names up on the spot.

8BitNinja
2018-06-19, 03:42 PM
I am American yet I hate ketchup.

2D8HP
2018-06-20, 07:16 AM
I saw a post that I was going to respond to with a full barrel "NAH-UHH", but then I saw that it was made be a DM of one of the PbP games I'm playing, so I didn't.

I feel a well of argumentativeness inside that craves release!

Please someone post something like that egg salad sandwiches and Coors light are tasty so I may say they're wrong.

sneakykitten
2018-06-20, 02:30 PM
Confession One: I love World of Warcraft better than Dungeons and Dragons. Yes, WoW is not very original as far as high fantasy settings go yet I do like some of the chars and story, as well as going around the world and finding new animals or ppls to visit. And the fashion show was a really good idea though I suppose you could do fashion shows in D&D too?

It just was the first MMORPG that kept my little girls' brains occupied despite the violent fighting... so WoW for me and D&D if someone offers.

8BitNinja
2018-06-20, 02:54 PM
I saw a post that I was going to respond to with a full barrel "NAH-UHH", but then I saw that it was made be a DM of one of the PbP games I'm playing, so I didn't.

I feel a well of argumentativeness inside that craves release!

Please someone post something like that egg salad sandwiches and Coors light are tasty so I may say they're wrong.

Egg salad sandwiches and Coor's light are both tasty

2D8HP
2018-06-20, 04:50 PM
Egg salad sandwiches and Coor's light are both tasty

You sir are OBJECTIVELY WRONG!!!!

On this hill I'll die!

Pistols at dawn!!!!

(Did I do enough exclamation points? Many is usually just enough, but any less is far too little, so just in-case!!!!)

Goaty14
2018-06-20, 06:00 PM
You sir are OBJECTIVELY WRONG!!!!

Egg salad sandwiches are OBJECTIVELY TASTY!!1! I HAVE NEVER MET A REAL SANDWICH-LOVES WHO DIDN'T LIKE EGG SALAD!1!!

I guess now would be a good time to confess that I've met a sandwich lover who didn't like egg salad :smalltongue:

2D8HP
2018-06-20, 06:05 PM
....now would be a good time to confess that I've met a sandwich lover who didn't like egg salad :smalltongue:

Mmmmm... sandwich...

....I confess that now I think I'll go to the deli and get a Reuben, and blame traffic for my coming home late.

EDIT:

Foiled!

Traffic was really bad!

Getting some take-out chow fun for the family instead. :sigh:

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-20, 09:20 PM
I think that there is a conspiracy suggesting that pumpkin pie is edible. Everyone is in on it, and they all want to trick me!but it is sooooo yummy, you MUST try just one bite . . . . .

Confession #5:

I have always been an instigator of not very good ideas

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-20, 09:25 PM
Egg salad sandwiches and Coor's light are both tastyI do not agree

Confession #6: I puked in my mouth when I read that post

darkrose50
2018-06-21, 08:09 AM
Preach it! Pumpkins are decorations, not food.

For the longest time people would fool me into eating pumpkin. I must have been in my early 20's before I stopped trying it.

2D8HP
2018-06-21, 01:53 PM
For the longest time people would fool me into eating pumpkin. I must have been in my early 20's before I stopped trying it.

I'd read that eating bananas reduces ones appetite, I tried it and it worked!

I didn't have any appetite for eating bananas.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-21, 07:24 PM
I'd read that eating bananas reduces ones appetite, I tried it and it worked!

I didn't have any appetite for eating bananas.

Peanut butter and banana sammiches .. .. .. yummmmmers!

sneakykitten
2018-06-22, 09:08 PM
Confession two: I was in love with a woman who didn't even notice I existed. What a sad shy little girl I was, huh?

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-23, 04:56 PM
Confession two: I was in love with a woman who didn't even notice I existed. What a sad shy little girl I was, huh?

talk about shy .. .. ..

Confession #7:

I am in love with a beautiful woman who is 28 and interested in me because I am 55.

sneakykitten
2018-06-23, 05:21 PM
Confession #3: I am happy for InsaneJeenyus for finding love. I currently have a boyfriend. We're... in love I guess??

Fiery Diamond
2018-06-24, 12:11 AM
Confession: I cry when watching movies. Like, almost every movie I watch, even when I've seen the movie before. And I mostly watch Disney and Pixar movies. I just rewatched Bolt and was all choked up for most of the movie.

2D8HP
2018-06-24, 12:33 AM
Confession: I cry when watching...

You're not alone in doing that.

Bartmanhomer
2018-06-25, 09:41 PM
I'm used to be accident-prone when I was a little boy through my teenage years.

sneakykitten
2018-06-25, 09:45 PM
Confession #4: I dislike some ppls' attitudes about girls. Like we aren't all Suzy Homemaker okay? It's also my dream to be Suzy Homemaker related.

Goaty14
2018-06-25, 11:42 PM
I confess that I haven't been eating my veggies as of late.

Bartmanhomer
2018-06-26, 04:19 AM
I created my own original Pokémon.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-26, 04:59 PM
I confess that I haven't been eating my veggies as of late.

Confession number 8:
you aren't alone in that.

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-06-28, 05:41 AM
I confess that I'm obsessed enough with the question "What if I was a random NPC in Pokémon?" that I photoshopped a picture of what my team would be:

https://s8.postimg.cc/lj14l6knp/NPC_pokemon_team_button.png

(I also quite like how it turned out, but that's hardly a confession, since it did turn out quite nice by my standards.)

https://s8.postimg.cc/axh994gw5/NPC_pokemon_team_button_linalasys.png
Only the background rocks/water line has to be moved a bit for the picture to form a close to perfect 6 piece pie chart, giving the picture a visually neat composition. On top of that there's the water/rocks contrast crossing the happy face/angry face contrast and the blue/grey contrast, emphasizing the orderly composition even more. I usually never end up accidentally making something I can art-analyse.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-06-28, 06:11 PM

by the way,

Confession number 9:

I have no intention of eating any thing with pumpkin curry.

Bartmanhomer
2018-06-28, 08:02 PM
I'm very competitive when it comes to games online and real life.

Anonymouswizard
2018-07-08, 02:08 PM
Confessions huh? Let's try one.

I actually find facial hair on women really attractive, and get quite annoyed that society influences women to try to remove or hide it. Especially thinner facial hair although I'm not exactly opposed to thick stuff.

sneakykitten
2018-07-08, 11:21 PM
Confession Number Five(?): I am gender fluid. Yet I don't identify with the male/female kinda thing. It's more like female/non-binary. And I LOVE non-binary looking ppls, ppls with tattoos or piercings other than on their ears or dyed hair. And I wanna look like them too.

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-09, 10:05 PM
I'm the best Magikarp trainer in history. :biggrin:

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-14, 09:43 PM
I play Boss Monster Card Game by myself with all 5 sets of the series combined.

AMFV
2018-07-14, 10:45 PM
I'm the best Magikarp trainer in history. :biggrin:

That is erroneous.

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-14, 11:04 PM
That is erroneous.

I even beat a Level 100 Mewtwo with a Level 1 Magikarp with one hit. :biggrin:

sneakykitten
2018-07-14, 11:32 PM
Confession Six: I wish I could be someone else. Anyone else female really.

Anonymouswizard
2018-07-15, 12:07 PM
Confession II: Revelations

I secretly dislike everybody who doesn't like the taste of black coffee.

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-15, 12:21 PM

I like black coffee even though it's not my favorite coffee.

Velaryon
2018-07-15, 12:32 PM

Not so secretly anymore. :smalltongue:

While we're on the subject, I don't like coffee of any kind, at all. No matter what I add to it, I can't get it to stop tasting like coffee.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-07-15, 05:20 PM
Confession Number 10:

I tolerate black coffee, but prefer with 1/2 & 1/2 or heavy whipping cream

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-17, 01:00 PM
I'm not afraid of needles when I get a flu shot every year.

Anonymouswizard
2018-07-17, 04:32 PM
Confession III: Retribution

I don't actually like D&D style high powered fantasy, the reason I don't run it has nothing to do with the rules and everything to do with being unable to write adventures for characters who quickly bypass realistic power levels.

jwhouk
2018-07-17, 08:33 PM
Confession: NHL Supercard 2K18 is my jam.

2D8HP
2018-07-17, 09:12 PM
....unable to write adventures for characters who quickly bypass realistic power levels.

Also unable, from either side of the screen.

Low levels are my jam.

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-18, 06:02 PM
I got hit by lightning and I survived from it to this day. :smile:

Insane Jeenyus
2018-07-18, 08:41 PM
I got hit by lightning and I survived from it to this day. :smile:Whoa! I am glad for you!

darkrose50
2018-07-20, 02:29 PM
In high school the girl voted most attractive in my class chased me. I was terrified of talking to girls. I did not run, but did not know what to do. I would have gone on a date if she asked me, but she must have been waiting for me to ask her.

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-23, 06:20 AM
I'm the most famous member in this forum. :biggrin:

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-07-23, 06:29 AM
I'm the most famous member in this forum. :biggrin:

Most famous and also a forum member, or best known on the forums themselves? Because I could say Red Fel three times and let him debate that last one with you...

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-23, 06:33 AM
Most famous and also a forum member, or best known on the forums themselves? Because I could say Red Fel three times and let him debate that last one with you...

Best known on this forum anyway. Sounds like a challenge to me. :tongue:

Anonymouswizard
2018-07-25, 10:05 AM
Confession IV: Revolution

I find 'medieval fantasy' dull. I've seen it a bunch of times, and there's rarely anything added to it. Mix up the technology level a bit, go earlier or later, or do something interesting with your setting. Eberron doesn't raise the technology level as such (I'll admit common magic raises it in practice), but it's 'magic pulp' aesthetic makes it much more interesting to me than FR or Greyhawk, and I love science fantasy settings.

I also have a problem with how fast D&D scales. Partially the all or nothing thing of levelling, partially how even in 5e each individual level gives a large boost in power, and partially due to how you'll either spend a lot of time not getting better or will gain several levels in a month. I prefer a slower build where players will tend to get a couple of skill points per session).

Then again, I do prefer more complex systems than you do.

2D8HP
2018-07-25, 01:51 PM
Confession IV: Revolution

I find 'medieval fantasy' dull. I've seen it a bunch of times, and there's rarely anything added to it. Mix up the technology level a bit, go earlier or later, or do something interesting with your setting. Eberron doesn't raise the technology level as such (I'll admit common magic raises it in practice), but it's 'magic pulp' aesthetic makes it much more interesting to me than FR or Greyhawk, and I love science fantasy settings

Also a fan of a "Science Fantasy" setting was Ernest Gary Gygax who late in life played Metamorphosis Alpha which takes place on a starship (see here (http://www.believermag.com/issues/200609/?read=article_lafarge))

I also have a problem with how fast D&D scales. Partially the all or nothing thing of levelling, partially how even in 5e each individual level gives a large boost in power, and partially due to how you'll either spend a lot of time not getting better or will gain several levels in a month. I prefer a slower build where players will tend to get a couple of skill points per session).

Then again, I do prefer more complex systems than you do.

I also prefer slower "leveling-up", such as in TD&D rather than the faster pace of WD&D.

Red Fel
2018-07-25, 04:04 PM
I've got one.

I started watching this thread a couple of days ago, when My Name was mentioned, but refrained from posting anything due to actually having some mild compulsions about My own rules. (Three times, people, not hard.)

And then I decided to post anyway, because My ego and self-importance managed to overcome My minor compulsions.

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-25, 04:08 PM
When I was a teenager at my old childhood school. I was in a Basketball team and I fouled so many people at the game. :biggrin:

Anonymouswizard
2018-07-25, 06:00 PM
Also a fan of a "Science Fantasy" setting was Ernest Gary Gygax who late in life played Metamorphosis Alpha which takes place on a starship (see here (http://www.believermag.com/issues/200609/?read=article_lafarge))

My favourite settings at the moment are Victoriana (Steampunk Fantasy which retains some of the grit and punk,) and Titansgrave (essentially your normal D&D setting, but the only thing stopping a more modern society of nobody wanting to make the internet a thing after the last version was taken down by a potentially magical virus). But I've grown to dislike how fantasy has come to mean 'like D&D', let's throw more fun stuff in! Blaster wielding orc rebels against magic using robot police! Clockwork and electrical engineers competing to see who can get more market dominance! Swords with integrated engines (who needs magic to deal fire damage? Well, people who like safety), shields with capacitors!

I'll admit that Titansgrave is v very much a first of paint on your normal D&D setting, but to me that coat of paint matters.

I've also argued for early firearms many times, because I'm aware that they're a downgrade from bows in many cases and yet would still rather give my character's an arquebus.

I'm going to be trying to convince my GM to let me play a Warforged Rogue called W. Daneel Baley. Fully three laws compliant, which means he fights unarmed (level 4 great will be Tavern Brawler) and spends a lot of time trying to grapple enemies. And will stop fighting when ordered unless doing so would endanger his party members.

I also prefer slower "leveling-up", such as in TD&D rather than the faster pace of WD&D.

I've grown to like how TD&D didn't give characters new abilities every level. I start looking at a high level 5e character and wonder how I'm supposed to remember all this.

2D8HP
2018-07-25, 06:24 PM
...I've grown to like how TD&D didn't give characters new abilities every level. I start looking at a high level 5e character and wonder how I'm supposed to remember all this.

Heh.

"How am I supposed to remember all this?" was my reaction to some first level 5e classes.

Anonymouswizard
2018-07-25, 07:30 PM
Heh.

"How am I supposed to remember all this?" was my reaction to some first level 5e classes.

I've always liked playing casters in games, about ten abilities seems to be my sweet spot and I can just about manage fifteen, although I am younger than you by a significant number of years. But in 5e I either have to remember at least one ability per level or several abilities plus several spells. I'm actually somewhat annoyed 5e sorcerers don't pull metamagic from the same pool as spellcasting, instead of having to juggle the nine resource pills of spellcasting I've also got a tenth pool that powers my class stuff (although I also dislike the PhB Sorcerer subclasses).

My current character is a Warlock, because of the small number of spells and slots, and the fact I can just take a bunch of passive or effectively passive invocations. It actually works pretty well.

5e classes also don't get many more abilities at 1st level than some 2e classes (particularly Paladins, Rangers, and Bards), but unlike them they just keep getting me abilities. Compared to old BD&D classes the only ones with a similar number of abilities are the elf, dwarf, and maybe thief and halfling, and there they still come out simpler due to the lack of separate racial abilities.

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-28, 07:48 AM
I got a wolverine as a pet. :smile:

Insane Jeenyus
2018-07-28, 08:47 AM
I got a wolverine as a pet. :smile:

Way cool!!

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-28, 07:16 PM
Way cool!!

I name my wolverine Mauler. Mauler is a male Wolverine.

Some Android
2018-07-29, 12:19 AM
I was the turkey all along! ME! I was the turkey!

jwhouk
2018-07-29, 01:30 AM
Confession: I was born at the exact same time that "Mirror, Mirror" was broadcast.

ve4grm
2018-07-30, 09:43 AM
Confession: I was born at the exact same time that "Mirror, Mirror" was broadcast.

...do you have a goatee?

sneakykitten
2018-07-31, 12:31 AM
Confession Number Whatevs: I don't like my life. It sucks and I hate it actually.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-07-31, 05:15 PM
Confession number 11:
I really like jwhouk's avatar.

sktarq
2018-07-31, 06:21 PM
I was so physically messed up at 19 from depression and using exercise to self medicate that my mother didn't recognize me when I came home from Uni, even when I walked up to her...I had to speak...to this day she thinks I "had" to have been addicted to drugs.

always makes me angry

Velaryon
2018-08-06, 09:51 AM
I've had a weird recurring dream the last few nights. I think there used to be a thread for dreams specifically, but I can't find it and don't think this merits a new discussion, so I'm putting it here.

The dream is that somehow, when I'm asleep, I'm playing remixed versions of video games in some kind of hardcore competitive league. The one that sticks out is Overwatch, though I got the sense that there were other games as well. The ways it was different included having some characters dual-wield their normal weapons, and transplanting them into other worlds, and there was a real sense of more serious consequences behind winning/losing than there are normally.

In the dream, I am aware that the games are being played by my mind while I'm asleep, as if someone is tapping into and using my unconscious mind for... whatever purpose there is behind these games. This gaming is, according to the dream, the reason why I've been waking up feeling drained and tired lately (when in reality that's probably something to do with being constantly either too hot because of the summer heat or too cold because I kick the covers off and my bedroom fan makes me cold).

And the weirdest part is that the whole thing goes through Goodreads, for some reason. I have a distinct visual impression of the home screen of Goodreads, slightly altered to accommodate this weird subconscious competitive gaming thing. It's really bizarre.

Bartmanhomer
2018-08-10, 08:38 PM
I'm the most controversial member in this forum. :wink:

Goaty14
2018-08-10, 09:27 PM
Confession: I just came here to say I'm pretty bored.

Confession Number Whatevs: I don't like my life. It sucks and I hate it actually.

Uh yea, that's bad stuff and all. I'd say I hope you get better, but uh Confession: You should probably see a psychiatrist about that sometime. :smallsmile:

I'm the most controversial member in this forum. :wink:

I'm actually pretty ok with that statement. (Muahaha! I have now destroyed your controversiality!)

jwhouk
2018-08-10, 09:36 PM
Confession: I found out today that my former "boss" wrote a tell-all book about his time as WI-DOC secretary.

I won't go into the politics, but he and I apparently had something in common beyond that: the work environment made both of us contemplate suicide at one point.

Bartmanhomer
2018-08-15, 09:36 PM
I always eat popcorn during the drama that happens in this forum.

Velaryon
2018-08-19, 04:22 PM
Been feeling pretty crummy the last few days mentally and emotionally. Not bad enough to want to post in the Personal Woes thread since I don't feel like this is as serious as the stuff people often deal with there, but life has definitely got me down lately. :smallfrown:

Bartmanhomer
2018-08-19, 04:27 PM
Someimes I get up about by 4 A.M. in the morning.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-08-19, 07:15 PM
Been feeling pretty crummy the last few days mentally and emotionally. Not bad enough to want to post in the Personal Woes thread since I don't feel like this is as serious as the stuff people often deal with there, but life has definitely got me down lately. :smallfrown:

sorry to hear this. Hang in there!!

Sometimes I get up about by 4 A.M. in the morning.

I always wake up at 0400

Kyrell1978
2018-08-24, 09:17 AM
Someimes I get up about by 4 A.M. in the morning.

I get up at 4:00 a.m. quite a bit, because I am old.......and have to pee.

2D8HP
2018-08-24, 09:37 AM
I get up at 4:00 a.m. quite a bit......

I usually get up at 4AM Monday and Tuesday because traffic is usually heavy those days and I'm supposed to be at work before 7AM, but (Confession) I usually dawdle and drive solo in the carpool lane to be on time (haven't been caught yet!).

Further confession:
I get immense pleasure from reaching over the fence and stealing lemons from my neighbor (a police officer).

Yet somehow when I took an Alignment Test (http://easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html) it said I was Lawful Neutral.

Bartmanhomer
2018-08-24, 09:41 AM
I usually get up at 4AM Monday and Tuesday because traffic is usually heavy those days and I'm supposed to be at work before 7AM, but (Confession) I usually dawdle and drive solo in the carpool lane to be on time (haven't been caught yet!).

Further confession:
I get immense pleasure from reaching over the fence and stealing lemons from my neighbor (a police officer).

Yet somehow when I took an Alignment Test (http://easydamus.com/alignmenttest.html) it said I was Lawful Neutral.

I'm Lawful Good. I took the Alignment Test as well. :smile:

Velaryon
2018-08-24, 01:44 PM
Apparently I'm Neutral Good, which is good because that's the alignment I want to be.

Bartmanhomer
2018-08-30, 09:14 PM
I find female drow attractive. :amused:

Kyrell1978
2018-08-30, 09:52 PM
I got Neutral Good also.

Bartmanhomer
2018-08-30, 10:04 PM
I'm immortal. :biggrin:

Fairy
2018-09-06, 07:26 AM
I compulsively betray my friends every time we play D&D.

Seriously. It's gotten so bad that when I recently stealthed as a rogue during the big bad boss fight, the entire party immediately agreed to ignore the boss and start running spot checks against my stealth so they could knock me out before continuing.
I hadn't even betrayed them yet in that campaign. Worst bit was, they were right - I'd been planning on usurping the villain's position.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-06, 05:51 PM
I love vampires and I find vampires attractive. :redface:

The Fury
2018-09-07, 01:06 PM
When I was a kid, I thought that The Statue of Liberty's torch was an ice cream cone.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-07, 01:08 PM
When I was a kid, I thought that The Statue of Liberty's torch was an ice cream cone.

Really? Wow! LOL! :biggrin:

The Fury
2018-09-07, 01:43 PM
Really? Wow! LOL! :biggrin:

Well, yeah. To my credit, the flame looks a little like soft-serve.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-07, 01:51 PM
Well, yeah. To my credit, the flame looks a little like soft-serve.

I think it's common for kids to let their imaginations run wild. :smile:

Willie the Duck
2018-09-07, 02:42 PM
So is this a place for real confessions, or gibberish? BartmanHomer, you are throwing the curve.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-07, 02:55 PM
So is this a place for real confessions, or gibberish? BartmanHomer, you are throwing the curve.

Both actually. :smile:

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-09, 08:07 PM
Real Confession: I get the worse luck when the most of the games that I played died down. :frown:

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-09, 11:10 PM
real confession: I am hurting to day. only physical. emotionally I am as fine as frog hair split 4 ways.

Willie the Duck
2018-09-10, 01:08 PM
**** it! This is what it for!

Confession: My wife and I own our home outright, have no expensive needs or hobbies, have by all accounts stable careers, and apparently are in the top 3% income earners in our country... and I cannot stop feeling financially insecure.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-10, 05:40 PM
confession number ???:

Today I ache all over, have spasms in arms, hands and abdomen all day long. I survived the day regardless and I wll still press on.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-10, 06:40 PM
Another real Confession:

I really don't like the TV Show Judge Judy because I don't don't like the way she treats all her guest on her show. The woman is an abusive *****. And for all of the Judge Judy fans reading this post, don't get upset at me for not liking your favorite TV show because I lost a friend on Facebook last year because he happened to be a Judge Judy fan and he got really upset at me because of my dislike of Judge Judy and block me permanently for it.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-10, 10:06 PM
I am not a fan of any court show

ve4grm
2018-09-11, 09:28 AM
Another real Confession:

I really don't like the TV Show Judge Judy because I don't don't like the way she treats all her guest on her show. The woman is an abusive *****. And for all of the Judge Judy fans reading this post, don't get upset at me for not liking your favorite TV show because I lost a friend on Facebook last year because he happened to be a Judge Judy fan and he got really upset at me because of my dislike of Judge Judy and block me permanently for it.

That's such a bull reason for dumping a friend. So sorry it happened, but if he couldn't even handle differing media preferences, it may have been inevitable, Judge Judy or not.

I am not a fan of any court show

I like Law and Order. Does that count?

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-11, 09:33 AM
That's such a bull reason for dumping a friend. So sorry it happened, but if he couldn't even handle differing media preferences, it may have been inevitable, Judge Judy or not.

Well it goes to show some people who your real friends are and he wasn't a real friend. And beside I still stand by what I said about the TV show. :mad:

Velaryon
2018-09-11, 01:15 PM
Another real Confession:

My mom used to watch the show, so I inadvertantly got exposed to it a few times. Not a fan either. I think my mom found it cathartic, because Judy takes no nonsense from anyone and puts people in their place when they're wasting her time. My mom used to be a social worker and she could not be rude to people who deserved it, even when they were obviously trying to scam her, or didn't bother to do their paperwork, or any number of other ways they could waste her time.

Me personally, I agree with Insane Jeenyus. I don't like any of those court shows. The most hilarious for me was I think called Moral Court or something like that, where the guy wasn't even a real judge.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-11, 06:32 PM
My mom used to watch the show, so I inadvertantly got exposed to it a few times. Not a fan either. I think my mom found it cathartic, because Judy takes no nonsense from anyone and puts people in their place when they're wasting her time. My mom used to be a social worker and she could not be rude to people who deserved it, even when they were obviously trying to scam her, or didn't bother to do their paperwork, or any number of other ways they could waste her time.

Me personally, I agree with Insane Jeenyus. I don't like any of those court shows. The most hilarious for me was I think called Moral Court or something like that, where the guy wasn't even a real judge.

Well I'm surprised that Judge Judy is still on the air for so many years.

Back to real confessions: I always wear my older brother cosplay suit at the Halloween Parade every year.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-11, 08:21 PM

I like Law and Order. Does that count?hmmm. Let me rephrase: reality court shows. fictional shows are supposed to be drama, but the reality tv show thing is so stinkin' fake, my head hurts.

2D8HP
2018-09-11, 08:46 PM
**** it! This is what it for!

Confession: My wife and I own our home outright, have no expensive needs or hobbies, have by all accounts stable careers, and apparently are in the top 3% income earners in our country... and I cannot stop feeling financially insecure.

That's awesome W the D!

My situarion is similar, the house is paid off, were in the top 12% of U.S.A household income (but only in the top 40% for the town we live in), and my job is secure....
....as long as I can physically do it, which is a very real worry.

confession number ???:

Today I ache all over, have spasms in arms, hands and abdomen all day long. I survived the day regardless and I wll still press on.

Good luck I J, I pray that you feel better.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-11, 09:41 PM
true confession: the pain is my fault. I ran out of one of m pain management meds by not ordering a rx within a reasonable time. should get here soon though.

Willie the Duck
2018-09-12, 07:23 AM
That's awesome W the D!

Well, no it's not, since apparently there isn't such a thing as 'enough' that I won't feel like it could all disappear tomorrow. A disaster-expecting mind is a horrible thing.

My situarion is similar, the house is paid off, were in the top 12% of U.S.A household income (but only in the top 40% for the town we live in), and my job is secure....
....as long as I can physically do it, which is a very real worry.

But good for you. I recall you work in the bending/stooping/pipe-turning trade. I can only imagine how a trick knee or the like could turn that agonizing quickly.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-17, 07:56 PM
Ok this is a confession just for fun: I'm known as God-Tier Man the overpowered superhero in this forum.

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-09-22, 01:07 AM

JAG's my poison. That one was spoonfed to me.

And if anyone laughs at me for it I can just go "objection, badgering the witness!"

Anonymouswizard
2018-09-22, 07:42 AM
Joining in the real confession bandwagon.

I'm always worried that the girl I have a crush on will take me trying to be nice as flirting, or is flirting at me. While at the exact same time being worried that her being so smiley is a sign she doesn't like me.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-22, 08:11 AM
Real Confession this time:

I'm a terrible liar.

rooster707
2018-09-22, 08:46 AM
Joining in the real confession bandwagon.

I'm always worried that the girl I have a crush on will take me trying to be nice as flirting, or is flirting at me. While at the exact same time being worried that her being so smiley is a sign she doesn't like me.

Real confession: same.

Anonymouswizard
2018-09-22, 08:51 AM
Real Confession this time:

I'm a terrible liar.

I, however, am the world's best truth obscurer.

Real confession: same.

I suspect it's the case for most people on this forum. I've at least got to the stage where I'm comfortablish talking to her, but I have enough trouble reading people at the best of times.

Even worse is that if she was English I'd know by know that she hates me, way too nice :smallbiggrin:

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-22, 04:09 PM
I, however, am the world's best truth obscurer.

I suspect it's the case for most people on this forum. I've at least got to the stage where I'm comfortablish talking to her, but I have enough trouble reading people at the best of times.

Even worse is that if she was English I'd know by know that she hates me, way too nice :smallbiggrin:
My sarcasm sense are tingling. :biggrin:

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-22, 05:35 PM
confession:

I have no Idea how to ask a woman out. there is a 32 year old I would like to ask out, but I am 55.

jwhouk
2018-09-22, 10:05 PM
Doesn't pass the Half Your Age Plus Seven rule.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-23, 02:59 AM
Doesn't pass the Half Your Age Plus Seven rule.that would be .. .. .. 32, yup. And I think she has an interest in me.

Anonymouswizard
2018-09-23, 04:15 AM
confession:

I have no Idea how to ask a woman out. there is a 32 year old I would like to ask out, but I am 55.

Confession: I don't know how old my crush is.

Other confession: I may not be crushing on just the one person. Hooray awkwardness.

ve4grm
2018-09-24, 09:50 AM
Doesn't pass the Half Your Age Plus Seven rule.

It's right on the edge. And as always, that's not a hard and fast rule (especially as ages go up and everyone involved becomes a mature adult), just a good guideline for when an outsider might see it as creepy.

confession:

With such an age gap, it'd be tricky, and can easily come across as creepy if handled poorly. Try to couch it in something like "Forgive me if I've misread anything, but I really enjoy our time together..."

And if rejected, "That's fine. Like I said, I do enjoy having you as a friend as well."

AKA the British/Canadian method - just keep apologizing!

Willie the Duck
2018-09-25, 08:21 AM
It's right on the edge. And as always, that's not a hard and fast rule (especially as ages go up and everyone involved becomes a mature adult), just a good guideline for when an outsider might see it as creepy.

Do note, however, that although the ruleguideline is supposedly about whether such a relationship is socially acceptable (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_disparity_in_sexual_relationships#The_"half-your-age-plus-seven"_rule), it is also a rough guideline on predicting whether such a relationship has a strong chance of working out.

With such an age gap, it'd be tricky, and can easily come across as creepy if handled poorly. Try to couch it in something like "Forgive me if I've misread anything, but I really enjoy our time together..."

Don't forget, "I just want to make sure I understand, is this... {motion around to what you're doing together}... is this a date?"

Velaryon
2018-09-25, 07:44 PM
confession:

I haven't figured it out either. On a dating site I do okay (though I haven't used one in awhile now), but in person I have never figured out how to ask, and have to be beaten over the head with a clue bat to know if a woman is flirting with me.

I agree with this. Once you're both adults with enough life experience to know what you want, it's just a matter of what you are comfortable with. The half your age plus seven "rule" is an arbitrary societal more.

Anonymouswizard
2018-09-26, 03:27 AM
I haven't figured it out either. On a dating site I do okay (though I haven't used one in awhile now), but in person I have never figured out how to ask, and have to be beaten over the head with a clue bat to know if a woman is flirting with me.

While I can sort of do it myself, I'm admittedly terrible at it. Plus the entire 'can't tell if a woman is flirting' deal, I'm convinced that when a woman finally does decided to to beat me over the head with it I'll still manage to misinterpret it, and convince them that she should have used a cricket bat instead.

Although there's the added trouble that the girl I'm crushing on is one of the people who man's reception, so if I ask her out and she says no it'll make turning up to work incredibly awkward.

Also, turns out my ability to flirt gets even worse when I think that HR might hear, but my ability to joke about coffee goes up.

Real confession: I spend too much time cooing over the terrapin at work. It doesn't cause a problem because I do it during break, but I think the terrapin might be trying to escape.

Confession 2: the fact that the terrapin is in reception is a coincidence, I like cute animals just as much as I like cute girls.

Velaryon
2018-09-26, 09:23 AM
There's a girl that I have something of an interest in, but she's at the extreme low end of the "half your age plus 7" guideline that I just finished calling arbitrary. However, in this case it means I'm 35 and she's 23, and that feels like a bigger deal than it would if we were older. Plus, as we established, I am really bad at telling whether she has any interest. So I think what I'm going to do is just do nothing... which is what I usually do anyway.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-26, 05:28 PM
Real Confession: I'm single.

Anonymouswizard
2018-09-27, 05:56 AM
Real Confession: I'm single.

'Aren't we all?'

Anonymouswizard sighed, knowing that he'd have to resume working in a couple of minutes. He'd managed to catch a brief window not flirting with the girl he liked, but he didn't even know if she already had somebody.

At least she smiled and sometimes laughed, but half of him was convinced sure was just being polite. The other half remembered what he had learnt over all these years, that being polite was the sign of hatred.

Fairy
2018-09-27, 06:47 AM
There's a girl that I have something of an interest in, but she's at the extreme low end of the "half your age plus 7" guideline that I just finished calling arbitrary. However, in this case it means I'm 35 and she's 23, and that feels like a bigger deal than it would if we were older. Plus, as we established, I am really bad at telling whether she has any interest. So I think what I'm going to do is just do nothing... which is what I usually do anyway.

Sadly, you're in the 'not allowed to initiate' position. Spooky-wooky-magic social rules ban you from taking the first action; you're on the wrong side of the age gap, and in that scenario the 'men initiate' rule is reversed.
You can only act charming and hope she develops some interest.

C'est la vie.

Velaryon
2018-09-27, 01:35 PM
Sadly, you're in the 'not allowed to initiate' position. Spooky-wooky-magic social rules ban you from taking the first action; you're on the wrong side of the age gap, and in that scenario the 'men initiate' rule is reversed.
You can only act charming and hope she develops some interest.

C'est la vie.

I had already reached that conclusion myself anyway. I'm less concerned with what people would think (especially strangers), but for my own sake I would not want to initiate anything with someone so young.

2D8HP
2018-09-27, 01:54 PM

I had already reached that conclusion myself anyway. I'm less concerned with what people would think (especially strangers), but for my own sake I would not want to initiate anything with someone so young.

Wise not to initiate.

The "half your age plus seven" is out the window when they're younger than their mid-twenties as people are usually very different in their early 20's compared to their late 20's.
If someone is younger than 26 years old you should be no more than five years of them if you want something long-term, as they will change too much.

It's a big world and they are exceptions, but not likely.

Still be charming/kind/polite (it's just good practice) but wait for them to mature, or for you to fall for someone else.

DON'T PINE!

Anonymouswizard
2018-09-27, 03:13 PM
DON'T PINE!

Do I have to follow this advice as well? Because if so I have to reschedule half of tomorrow, I had decided to concentrate my pining over Smiles for a week :smallbiggrin:

2D8HP
2018-09-27, 03:28 PM
Do I have to follow this advice as well? Because if so I have to reschedule half of tomorrow, I had decided to concentrate my pining over Smiles for a week :smallbiggrin:

Even?

Especially!

If you insist on pining (which I don't recommend), prepare for it with a proper record collection.

I'm far from up-to-date, but as I recall Lou Reed, Marianne Faithful, Morrissey, and Lotte Lenya were appropriate, as was blues and county.

Anonymouswizard
2018-09-27, 03:55 PM
Even?

Especially!

If you insist on pining (which I don't recommend), prepare for it with a proper record collection.

I'm far from up-to-date, but as I recall Lou Reed, Marianne Faithful, Morrissey, and Lotte Lenya were appropriate, as was blues and county.

Hmmmm.... might have to push the pining back for a few hours, I need to assemble a new playlist on Spotify. I think I might be able to scavange some songs off the mopey playlist.

(In all seriousness, I kind of don't pine. While I hate being single with a passion, I'd much rather just do something with my time. Plus I don't even know if she's single, if she's already in a monogamous relationship pining would just feel stupid when I should be looking for somebody else.)

2D8HP
2018-09-27, 04:08 PM
Hmmmm.... might have to push the pining back for a few hours, I need to assemble a new playlist on Spotify. I think I might be able to scavange some songs off the mopey playlist...

Spoti-what?

Wait, you can get a proper playlist together that quickly now?

That totally changes costs/benefits!

Advice rescinded.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-27, 04:12 PM
This should be in the relationship thread but whatever.

Real Confession:

I play Boss Monster Card Game by myself even though it's a multi-player card game.

Anonymouswizard
2018-09-27, 04:25 PM
This should be in the relationship thread but whatever.

Nah, the people in that thread will tell me to be sensible, which is hard when I've got a friend continually telling me to talk to Smiles and chase her.

He seems to think I might have a chance romantically for some strange reason, something about actually finding women I'm attracted to and being willing to try and talk to them.

Real confession: I'm somehow both incredibly insecure and incredibly proud. Quite often about the same things.

Bartmanhomer
2018-09-27, 04:33 PM
Real Confession: A decade ago I used to work with a female supervisor who treat me like garbage and I report her behind to the Human Resources and she got in trouble for it. :biggrin:

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-29, 01:09 PM
I woke and got up at 1230 today because of a pain filled night.

2D8HP
2018-09-29, 01:20 PM
I woke and got up at 1230 today because of a pain filled night.

Sad to learn that @Insane Jeenyus, what work do you do?

Insane Jeenyus
2018-09-29, 02:03 PM
Sad to learn that @Insane Jeenyus, what work do you do?i do light assy in a factory but,

1. I helped the IT guy with a computer relocate - time on my feet is not good.

2. went to the grocery story - more time on my feet

3. waited on my feet for a bus running late due to traffic

4. gave up on bus, called taxi, then saw bus go by while waiting for the taxi

5. Taxi never came, then saw bus headed toward end point so figured the bus would come before the taxi.

6. canceled cab 1 hour after standing and waiting and took bus home.

I weigh almost 300 lbs with about40 lbs being scar tissues. very hard on my feet, and some dufus forgot to take his pain meds for 24 hours.

so here is my confession: I am a dufus for forgetting to take my pain meds for 24 hours!

2D8HP
2018-09-29, 07:10 PM
...forgetting to take my pain meds for 24 hours!

I don't know how applicable it would be, but if it gives you any hope, for a few years after an injury in 2001 I was in a great deal of pain most every week, sometimes some pain comes back (I was very sore this morning) and I fear re-occurrence, but the pain hasn't been as chronic as 15 years ago.

I think part of it was a change in status, in that I became a full Journeyman in 2007 (behind schedule), and while the job is still physical, I'm not expected to perform as a human forklift as much as when I was an apprentice.

Best wishes to you Insane Jeenyus

Velaryon
2018-09-30, 11:26 PM
Wise not to initiate.

The "half your age plus seven" is out the window when they're younger than their mid-twenties as people are usually very different in their early 20's compared to their late 20's.
If someone is younger than 26 years old you should be no more than five years of them if you want something long-term, as they will change too much.

It's a big world and they are exceptions, but not likely.

Still be charming/kind/polite (it's just good practice) but wait for them to mature, or for you to fall for someone else.

DON'T PINE!

Yeah, I agree. No pining here.

----------

On a completely opposite note, in a couple weeks I'll be going to a professional conference, just for one day (it goes on for three, with a few events on the night before the first day as well, so more like three and a half I guess). While going over the list of presenters to choose which day, I discovered that my ex (with whom I was pretty serious and had a very hard time getting over) is doing a presentation.

I'm going to a different day - not just to avoid her but also because there's a lot more stuff that's relevant to me on one of the other days anyway. However, I'm still nervous that I might run into her. I've told myself over and over that I don't want to encounter her, but deep down there's a part of me that wants to finally tell her off in a way that I never did when I had the chance. It's a bad idea and I don't think it will happen anyway, but it's been in the back of my mind ever since I found out.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-10-01, 05:45 AM
.. .. .. .. .. However, I'm still nervous that I might run into her. I've told myself over and over that I don't want to encounter her, but deep down there's a part of me that wants to finally tell her off in a way that I never did when I had the chance. It's a bad idea and I don't think it will happen anyway, but it's been in the back of my mind ever since I found out.

don't tell her off. forgive her and move on is what I recommend.

Willie the Duck
2018-10-01, 10:32 AM
I've told myself over and over that I don't want to encounter her, but deep down there's a part of me that wants to finally tell her off in a way that I never did when I had the chance. It's a bad idea and I don't think it will happen anyway, but it's been in the back of my mind ever since I found out.

I have someone like that. A former friend whom I had financial entanglements that went south. She ran into her ex-husband, who I game with, and it brought up similar thoughts in my mind. If I did run into her, I'd have the urge to tell her off. What devastating thing do I want to say? 'Oh, hi. How are you? That's nice. Okay, have a nice <event>.' That's it. Just indifference. No magic comeback is going to be more withering than the fact that she's no longer important to my life and isn't living rent free in my head.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-01, 12:25 PM
Real Confession: I can't stand people who lacks communication. :mad:

2D8HP
2018-10-03, 11:46 PM
After posting this:

....5e is a good game. I like it. It brought me back to the hobby, and to the game....

5e brought me back to the hobby as well (I quit in '92), and as much as I like to grumble (XP should be for lootin' not just muderin'!) I'm enjoying 5e (just got Dragon Heist and it looks AWESOME!), but my long absence from the hobby that has me doubt my grognardelyness.

I started as a DM in '78 (albeit with my little brother as my main player), as a player in '79 with a LBB's + AD&D Monster Manual using DM (good times!), bought my first issue of The Dragon in 1980 (and then got back issues!), starting playing other adventure games in 1979 or '80 as well (Villains & Vigilantes would be the first after D&D, unless Arduin counts), but.....

....because of my long absence from the hobby I fear that I probably have less total at the table time than most regular posters at the Playground thus my query of qualifications.

My further shame is my failure to get my son into D&D. He enjoyed playing some of my old DUNGEON! board game with me, and when he expressed an interest in D&D (especially the Tomb of Horrors) after reading "Ready Player One" (which I probably should do as well), I lept into action, brought out my old books, bought some new ones (which is how I came to play 5e) and...

....he prefers playing Magic the Gathering and video games with his friends :redface: :frown:.

He also made fun of The 7th Yoyage of Sinbad when I put it on the TV (though strangely not the Adam West Batman)!

Even though he's the age I was when I saw it, I don't feel right having him watch my other favorite D&D-ish movie Excalibur because of some of it's "mature" content, but I'm also scared that he just won't appreciate it either (also, despite what I may say about the Grail quest scenes, my wife may slap me upside my head!).

And I'll never be as good a DM as my second GM (the little brother of my first DM) who died a couple of years ago and I miss him, what was, and what I missed (now I got a tear).

Oh well, I guess I'll read another thread and post a grumble about something or other not being proper D&D!

I had mean to read something, get irate and do a rant, but I'm jusr feeling melancholy, and the post reads confessional so there it is.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-05, 09:11 PM
Real Confession:

I got high metabolism.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-10-06, 06:16 PM
Real Confession:

I got high metabolism.confession: I do not like you for having a high metabolism.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-06, 06:22 PM
confession: I do not like you for having a high metabolism.

May I ask why? :confused:

AMFV
2018-10-06, 11:24 PM
May I ask why? :confused:

Presumably because you can eat junk and not get fat.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-06, 11:27 PM
Presumably because you can eat junk and not get fat.

I eat all types of food and I still gain weight. Just because that I got a high metabolism doesn't mean that I don't gain weight.

AMFV
2018-10-07, 07:51 AM
I eat all types of food and I still gain weight. Just because that I got a high metabolism doesn't mean that I don't gain weight.

Well usually when people say "I have a high metabolism" it means that they're what's called "hard gainers" so they can eat a lot more than other people can without gaining weight. So if you're saying you have a high metabolism, that's what folks are going to assume you mean.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-07, 08:42 AM
Well usually when people say "I have a high metabolism" it means that they're what's called "hard gainers" so they can eat a lot more than other people can without gaining weight. So if you're saying you have a high metabolism, that's what folks are going to assume you mean.
Well back when I was a teenager I used to have high metabolism. I would have gain 200+ pounds.

halfeye
2018-10-07, 12:06 PM
Well back when I was a teenager I used to have high metabolism. I would have gain 200+ pounds.

There is perhaps a bug going around.

https://www.wired.com/2016/12/mysterious-virus-cause-obesity/

AMFV
2018-10-07, 02:48 PM

Most teenagers have much faster metabolisms than adults, especially if you're active. I weighed (and wrestled at) 130 and 135 lbs as a teenager of roughly the same height. Now I weigh in at about 268ish, give or take.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-07, 02:59 PM
Most teenagers have much faster metabolisms than adults, especially if you're active. I weighed (and wrestled at) 130 and 135 lbs as a teenager of roughly the same height. Now I weigh in at about 268ish, give or take.

I weight about by 130 lbs when I was a teenager. Now I weight about by 228 lbs.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-10-07, 03:53 PM

this is the reason why.

AMFV
2018-10-08, 12:37 AM
I weight about by 130 lbs when I was a teenager. Now I weight about by 228 lbs.

I hate to say this bud, but that sounds like a regular speed metabolism.

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-08, 12:37 PM
I hate to say this bud, but that sounds like a regular speed metabolism.

Yes it does sound like it. I get my metabolism must have needed when I transitioned into adulthood. :frown:

Fairy
2018-10-10, 01:23 PM
I genuinely don't know the months in order. I feel like that's normal, or should be, but people tell me otherwise.

sneakykitten
2018-10-15, 04:11 AM
Don't really wanna be alive. Don't need to give reasons why, right?

And yes, not knowing months is pretty normal, nobody knows all the months all the time?

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-27, 05:56 PM
Real Confession: When I was a teenager on Halloween I scare little kids with my scary costume and steal their candy.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-10-27, 06:33 PM
Real Confession: When I was a teenager on Halloween I scare little kids with my scary costume and steal their candy.you are a TROLL!

confession: I just ate a whole bag of pre-dehydrated raisins

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-27, 06:36 PM
you are a TROLL!

What do you mean by that? :annoyed:

Razade
2018-10-27, 07:57 PM
I genuinely don't know the months in order. I feel like that's normal, or should be, but people tell me otherwise.

I'll be one of those people. There's 12 of them, they're important, calendars are everywhere. You should know the 12 months of the year and in order because they're a sequence.

So. Grapes.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-10-27, 10:23 PM
So. Grapes.*sigh* yes, it is an addiction. I guess this is another confession

Insane Jeenyus
2018-10-27, 10:26 PM
What do you mean by that? :annoyed:didn't you know? only trolls come out on Halloween night to scare the little kids for their candy??

Bartmanhomer
2018-10-27, 10:43 PM
didn't you know? only trolls come out on Halloween night to scare the little kids for their candy??

Oh I thought you meant by an internet troll. My bad. :tongue:

AMFV
2018-10-28, 02:45 AM
*sigh* yes, it is an addiction. I guess this is another confession

Doesn't count, no freebies here.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-10-28, 04:49 AM
Oh I thought you meant by an internet troll. My bad. :tongue:

of course not. that would be hateful.

Doesn't count, no freebies here.But .. .. ..but .. .. ..but .. .. .. :sigh:

Xania
2018-10-28, 05:15 AM
An eight years old managed to manipulate me to pay a lot of whims when i was 14 :smallannoyed:

Insane Jeenyus
2018-10-28, 07:39 AM
Tuesday the 30th will mark the 7th anniversary of my guts ripping. An Ommanis day for me when my life plunged into 6 weeks of darkness.

Velaryon
2018-11-13, 06:28 PM
I'm having a very bad week.

(Warning, unfocused rant below. Feel free to ignore).

I've had car trouble recently. Since Labor Day I have had to replace the windshield (thanks to some semi on the interstate kicking up a rock directly into my windshield), all four tires (because of alignment problems and me not being able to find someone in town that could do alignment work until it was too late), and my battery. Then this past Saturday after work my car wouldn't start again, so I called AAA for a tow truck. They towed me to the repair place, but there was no chance of getting looked at on the weekend. On top of that, despite being below freezing out and my being the only person still there in the parking lot, the tow truck guy didn't want to give me a ride until I told him there was no one who could come pick me up.

I called the repair place first thing Monday morning about 5 minutes after they opened, and they said they thought they could take care of me that day. By 4:00 PM I hadn't heard anything, so I called. They said I was next up. I called again at 4:45 and was told they weren't going to get to me that day. I had get a ride to and from work from a coworker. Today (Tuesday), they called and told me my fuel pump needs to be replaced... but they don't have one in stock so they can't do the work today. So I had to get a ride to work again.

At this point I'm fed up with begging for rides, so I decided on my dinner break I would go rent a car. I walked to the rental place after getting a quick dinner at a local restaurant (because I haven't been able to buy groceries and don't have anything to make lunch with now), only to be told that they don't have even a single car for rent! I ask you, what kind of car rental agency doesn't have any cars?! So I walked back to work, hopped on the computer with about 10 minutes left in my break, and looked for other options. The only other place in town I could find that rents cars is the local Nissan dealer, so I called them. They said they did have cars, but they don't rent after 4:30 (it was 4:55), even though they're open until 6:00.

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-26, 07:37 PM
I used to be prejudice against transgenders years ago but I'm not prejudice anymore.

anhuangdi
2018-11-26, 08:05 PM
I've never been prejudice to anyone transgender, but I refuse to be forced to used individual pronouns that aren't in society. This some say is a form of prejudice, and even violent. . . but I think you're wrong. ;)

Bartmanhomer
2018-11-26, 08:11 PM
I've never been prejudice to anyone transgender, but I refuse to be forced to used individual pronouns that aren't in society. This some say is a form of prejudice, and even violent. . . but I think you're wrong. ;)

Ok the reason why I use to be prejudice to transgenders is happen so many years ago, I used to watch Jerry Springer. There was a transgender woman who told her boyfriend that she was born a man, the boyfriend got upset which got my narrow-minded brain think that all transgenders are liars and deceivers. And that how I was prejudice against transgenders but years later I was very open minded to transgenders but for saying that all transgenders deceived people that wasn't the case for me anymore.

ve4grm
2018-11-29, 11:58 AM

Most trans people will ask you to just call them by their chosen gender. Him/her. In my experience, it's more often nonbinary people that choose individual pronouns.

They/them makes sense to most people. I personally am confused by ze/zir/hir, because I don't know how to pronounce them by looking at them, and specifically "hir" and "her" seem like they should be pronounced the same, which seems to defeat the purpose of it?

But you can usually at least try for they/them to make people happy.

Insane Jeenyus
2018-11-29, 08:37 PM
confession: I ate just way too much fude for dinner tonight at a Cuban restaurant. and I am not ashamed about it.

BELCH!

the_brazenburn
2019-01-03, 09:56 AM
Confession: I am asexual and aromantic, but pretend not to be because I am curious about dating and such. I have had girlfriends, but actually never really felt much attachment to them.

I suppose that makes me a horrible person.

2D8HP
2019-01-03, 10:27 AM
....I suppose that makes me a horrible person.

Not if their inclinations were similar.

the_brazenburn
2019-01-03, 11:17 AM
Not if their inclinations were similar.

Not as far as I knew. I usually gave them an opportunity to dump me within a few weeks, as soon as I got bored and dreaded things getting serious.

AMFV
2019-01-03, 12:43 PM
Confession: I am asexual and aromantic, but pretend not to be because I am curious about dating and such. I have had girlfriends, but actually never really felt much attachment to them.

Not really, after all you might not always be asexual or aromantic, or you might find a person that works. And frankly if it's only a couple weeks, you didn't really have "girlfriends" and you weren't at the stage where you should really have been feeling a great deal of attachment (unless you're somebody who latches on really quickly).

Bartmanhomer
2019-01-23, 12:47 PM
Real Confession: Back when I was a teenager during my school basketball days I finally made my first shot and I start dancing all over the gym. My assistant coach told me to stop dancing and so I did. My team won of course and it was a scrimmage against a public high school which is next to my old school. My dancing causes so much attention to the other team cheerleaders. The cheerleaders ask me to dance with them and so I did. My dancing with the cheerleaders causing the other players (their boyfriends) to be jealous at me. So this was my cue to leave. Best confession ever. :biggrin:

Anonymouswizard
2019-01-23, 01:41 PM
Real confession: I'm sitting upside down.

Also, I can't write online dating messages to save my life.

Purple Eagle
2019-02-14, 07:12 PM

There's a chance you could find someone else who is asexual and aromantic whom you like enough to be with for the companionship, if nothing else.

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-24, 11:53 AM
I love playing mostly good-aligned Drow in D&D 3.5.

darkrose50
2019-03-08, 03:53 PM
- In 5e D&D healing is less important. I actually enjoyed healing being more of a resource, and I enjoyed playing a cleric.

- I am an insurance agent and I looked the other way when a co-worker stole a customer as he needed some sales.

I am not sure if I mentioned these in the past:

- In my 20's I accidently asked out several girls on dates. I even showed up to on "date" with a date. I had lots of slashed tires.

- In high school I was perused by the girl voted most attractive in the class. I would have gone out with her if she asked.

- I married my best friends little sister. I married way out of my league.

- When I was about 25 my wife inherited $144,000 as a 100% complete surprise (I never get to talk about money stuff).

- After a big lay-off I was offered a position "in the field" and turned it down thinking it was climbing up poles . . . I think I was dead wrong.

- Sometimes I wear overalls so that store clerks do not approach me (they are also comfortable).

- I am shocked when I see someone other than me in overalls, especially grown men.

- I stopped a Chinese tourist in her tracks wearing overalls once. I also think that she stopped to gape as she thought that I had two wives (we were with a female friend, and her child).

- My 401(k) went up about 40% to 50% under Trump investing in Aerospace and Defense (I never get to talk about money stuff).

- Taking my wife's pension into account (converting 75% of her current pay as an asset), we became quizi-millionaires this year. Kinda-sorta . . . as long as she remains at the job and retires in 15-20 years.

Bartmanhomer
2019-03-08, 06:17 PM
Confession: I feel like optimized all the Non-Tier 1 classes in Dungeons and Dragons Version 3.5 games is very meaningless and doesn't have any good reputation to shine unlike the Tier 1 classes. :frown:

Lady_Springtime
2019-03-11, 01:42 PM
Confession: I cry when watching movies. Like, almost every movie I watch, even when I've seen the movie before. And I mostly watch Disney and Pixar movies. I just rewatched Bolt and was all choked up for most of the movie.

I do that too. It doesn't even necessarily matter what the movie is about or how emotionally moving it is. I've always wondered why.

About two years ago the eye doctor told me I had something going on with my tear ducts, especially if I stare at a screen for a long period of time without blinking or otherwise looking away. I guess I have my answer now.

Insane Jeenyus
2019-03-12, 05:47 AM
I cry at movies because I am still emotionally disturbed by my medical trauma.

Bartmanhomer
2019-03-12, 07:08 AM
I cry in the movies too when it comes to animation and live action movies.

Insane Jeenyus
2019-03-12, 04:52 PM
I love my brother and sisters

Bartmanhomer
2019-03-14, 07:33 PM
Confession: I love dragons. Especially the Dragon Deities in D&D 3.5 games.

Velaryon
2019-03-15, 09:07 AM
I accidentally started a grease fire in my kitchen last night while trying to prepare dinner. I was going to stir fry some beef and vegetables, so I put some oil in my pan and cranked up the heat. I went back to chopping vegetables while the oil heated up, and I guess I left it a bit too long because suddenly there was a fire in my pan.

I was able to grab a fire extinguisher and put it out quickly, then called the fire department to come look it over and clear the smoke out of my apartnemtn. No one was hurt and nothing was even really damaged (except possibly my stir fry pan, which I dumped in the sink to sort out later while I cleaned up everything else).

I'm torn between feeling proud that I handled the fire quickly and calmly, and feeling monumentally stupid for letting it happen in the first place.

The worst part is, I didn't even really want to cook last night! I wanted to get a pizza, but I convinced myself to be responsible and use up the veggies in my fridge before they started to spoil.

Vizzerdrix
2019-03-15, 09:09 AM
Okay. Back in October I walked away from my job with Wal-Mart. I worked there for just shy of 15 years.
I have been living off of my 401k and plan to do so for at least a few months more. I'm going to use the time to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life.
At least, that is the plan. So far, I haven't come up with anything solid. I've thought about security work, but I'm not positive I have the temper for it. I have also considered working at the airport doing baggage loading. It is similar to unloading a truck trailer, but I'm not a young man any more.
Alternatively, I could go to a trade school to learn plumbing or electrical. The thing is, I'm petrified of spiders (even the word makes my skin crawl) so that isn't a good idea either.

So here I sit. Day after day with no clue where I am headed.

ve4grm
2019-03-15, 10:04 AM
I accidentally started a grease fire in my kitchen last night while trying to prepare dinner. I was going to stir fry some beef and vegetables, so I put some oil in my pan and cranked up the heat. I went back to chopping vegetables while the oil heated up, and I guess I left it a bit too long because suddenly there was a fire in my pan.

I was able to grab a fire extinguisher and put it out quickly, then called the fire department to come look it over and clear the smoke out of my apartnemtn. No one was hurt and nothing was even really damaged (except possibly my stir fry pan, which I dumped in the sink to sort out later while I cleaned up everything else).

I'm torn between feeling proud that I handled the fire quickly and calmly, and feeling monumentally stupid for letting it happen in the first place.

The worst part is, I didn't even really want to cook last night! I wanted to get a pizza, but I convinced myself to be responsible and use up the veggies in my fridge before they started to spoil.

Don't feel stupid. My dad is a retired firefighter, so I feel pretty confident in saying that kitchen flare-ups can (and do) happen to anyone, and handling it well is a rare and valuable skill.

If anything, use this as a chance to learn. Oil will smoke before it ignites, so try keep a closer eye in the future. Make sure you have a (metal) pot lid that you can throw on top of your stir fry pan to smother it, as that's both quicker and safer than the extinguisher.

(Also, if it's a non-stick pan, make sure the coating isn't damaged before you continue to use it. If it is, I'd replace it.)

Okay. Back in October I walked away from my job with Wal-Mart. I worked there for just shy of 15 years.
I have been living off of my 401k and plan to do so for at least a few months more. I'm going to use the time to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life.
At least, that is the plan. So far, I haven't come up with anything solid. I've thought about security work, but I'm not positive I have the temper for it. I have also considered working at the airport doing baggage loading. It is similar to unloading a truck trailer, but I'm not a young man any more.
Alternatively, I could go to a trade school to learn plumbing or electrical. The thing is, I'm petrified of spiders (even the word makes my skin crawl) so that isn't a good idea either.

Dude, you've got 15 years of loading dock experience? Look into manufacturing plants and warehouses in your area. They all do pallet loading and shipping/receiving to some degree, and with 15 years you could go for supervisory roles easily.

Lady_Springtime
2019-03-18, 09:43 AM
Confession Six: I wish I could be someone else. Anyone else female really.

I've had that feeling from time to time as well.

Velaryon
2019-03-23, 03:47 PM
Don't feel stupid. My dad is a retired firefighter, so I feel pretty confident in saying that kitchen flare-ups can (and do) happen to anyone, and handling it well is a rare and valuable skill.

If anything, use this as a chance to learn. Oil will smoke before it ignites, so try keep a closer eye in the future. Make sure you have a (metal) pot lid that you can throw on top of your stir fry pan to smother it, as that's both quicker and safer than the extinguisher.

(Also, if it's a non-stick pan, make sure the coating isn't damaged before you continue to use it. If it is, I'd replace it.)

The coating is indeed messed up, so the pan is ruined. It sucks because it was a birthday gift and I haven't even had it for a full year. I bought a replacement online a couple days ago and should have it in about a week.

2D8HP
2019-04-01, 01:38 PM
Confession: I used to read most every "Friendly Banter" thread, and offer advice or encouragement, but I don't anymore because some are so filled with pain that I get saddened reading them.

The coating is indeed messed up, so the pan is ruined. It sucks because it was a birthday gift and I haven't even had it for a full year. I bought a replacement online a couple days ago and should have it in about a week.

This is the pan I next want:

https://bluskilletironware.com/shop/13-french-skillet-ldxmc-bjnch

IT MUST BE MINE!

Velaryon
2019-04-02, 04:15 PM
Confession: I used to read most every "Friendly Banter" thread, and offer advice or encouragement, but I don't anymore because some are so filled with pain that I get saddened reading them.

Confession: I read your posts in the voice of a part-time coworker of mine, even though I am 100% certain you are not him (although he does have a beard similar to that of your avatar).

This is the pan I next want:

https://bluskilletironware.com/shop/13-french-skillet-ldxmc-bjnch

IT MUST BE MINE!

Sadly, the page will not load for me right now. Will try again later on a different computer.

2D8HP
2019-04-02, 05:13 PM
Confession: I read your posts in the voice of a part-time coworker of mine, even though I am 100% certain you are not him...."

I read most posts in my own voice or my wife's voice, except when I imagine the commenter sounds like Slim Pickens, Christoph Waltz, Patrick Stewart, Anna Kournikova, or Helen Mirren - because why not?

But my own voice becomes either Liam Neeson or Samuel L. Jackson - again, because why not?

AMFV
2019-04-04, 12:15 PM

Depending on where you live you could look into other trades than plumbing or electrical, there's a lot of them that don't involve that much spider stuff, such as: Operators, Piledrivers, Carpenters (most of the time), Ironworkers (some of the time), Painters (though they make less), Outdoor Linemen (who make the most and probably don't deal with spiders that much, but it's brutal work). Heck, you could look into the teamsters, where you could probably just buy a book and be in, and they're basically the exact same job you were doing.

Insane Jeenyus
2019-04-04, 03:21 PM
I just returned from a several day in the hospital, again.

Bartmanhomer
2019-04-12, 03:47 PM
I don't like Naruto because I feel that the anime fighting style is too basic for my taste. :annoyed:

Xania
2019-04-13, 05:19 PM
I don't like Naruto because I feel that the anime fighting style is too basic for my taste. :annoyed:

Your feeling is right for me, it also aplies to anime in general :smallfrown:

Bartmanhomer
2019-04-14, 01:00 AM
Your feeling is right for me, it also aplies to anime in general :smallfrown:

Yes I use to hate most anime but not anymore.

Insane Jeenyus
2019-04-14, 04:36 PM
yeah me! I have to pat myself on the back here .. .. .. .. .. I am still out of the hospital since Thursday.