PDA

View Full Version : Problem with multiple forms of lycanthropy

Houston810
2018-05-24, 06:17 PM
If one embraces both wolf and raven based lycanthropy, how would you deal with the alignment shift?

Also how would you deal with the shape shifting?

Dyndrilliac
2018-05-24, 06:27 PM
Seeing as Wereravens are Lawful Good and Werewolves are Chaotic Evil, I'm not sure I would allow a PC to have both forms of lycanthropy. However, if I were to do so for an NPC, I'd probably split the difference and make the resulting character True Neutral. Every time they shift into a hybrid or beast form, they roll a d6. On an even result, they shift into the wolf version. On an odd result, they shift into the raven version.

Unoriginal
2018-05-24, 06:33 PM
Pretty sure you can only have one lycanthropy curse at a time.

Sigreid
2018-05-25, 07:21 AM
I would rule that having lycanthropy would make you immune to other forms of the curse.

Amdy_vill
2018-05-25, 07:27 AM
If one embraces both wolf and raven based lycanthropy, how would you deal with the alignment shift?

Also how would you deal with the shape shifting?

you best bet if you allow this is it comes with some form of magic multi personality disorder.i would play it as his normal personality/ alinement is not changed but he gains two new and much more dominant personalities. then from there use that as a roll play options. as for dealing with the transformations. his normal personality/ alinement can use both but this would require him to both be in control and pass 2 wisdom saving throws(probably at disadvantage and with out proficiency) one would be the werewolf personalty trying to take over and the other the raven. the other two personalities get control of only there respective from and can only try to change into that one. i can see this being a great story hook and making great party interactions. maybe some members of the party like only one of them. this sound like a great chance for some epic RP. hope this has been helpful

Edit: i do think the others are right about this being something a player should not have for long unless the party like it and is ok with it. if this happened in my game i would have it be a story arc and then have them be cured of both or just one unless both the player and the party liked it.

Edit 2: i would also only let a player have two.

Corpsecandle717
2018-05-25, 08:42 AM
I would rule that having lycanthropy would make you immune to other forms of the curse.

Dunno if it's in the current monster manual, but classically this i the case.

Lombra
2018-05-26, 03:01 AM
RAW multiple instances of the same effect do not stack, but having it shift forms even more uncontrollably than with a single curse is cool.

Sigreid
2018-05-26, 07:35 PM
Would be neat if there were a version of lycanthropy that turned you into a were most in line with your personality. The devotion paladin becomes bear. The drooling psych becomes wolf, etc.

Pyramid Pug
2018-05-26, 08:22 PM
Would be neat if there were a version of lycanthropy that turned you into a were most in line with your personality. The devotion paladin becomes bear. The drooling psych becomes wolf, etc.

The gnome becomes an hyper active ferret.. :smallbiggrin: