PDA

View Full Version : Disenchantment - Matt Groening's getting a new animated show

Some Android
2018-05-24, 06:31 PM
So I just found some promo art of this on youtube and I'd thought I'd share it for discussion. Matt Groening is putting a new show up on Netflix. It's a fantasy comedy called Disenchantment. I'm a fan of is other two animated shows - or at least I'm a fan of certain seasons, the early seasons - so I'm skeptically optimistic.

Anyway what do you all think of this new series? Will it be a hit and go on for like 25 or 30 years even though it stopped being funny like two decades ago? Will it be a hit that no appreciates, then it get canceled, is brought back in the form of direct to DVD movies, and is revived on Comedy Central for a few seasons? What do you think will happen?

The Fury
2018-05-31, 11:22 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks more on The Futurama side of things with regards to how it looks, and I'm into that. I like the main heroine's character design, with her buck teeth and all.

As for the future of the show? Netflix seems to be a good platform for animated shows finding their audience, especially science fiction and fantasy. That is if Voltron is any indication. So... here's hoping for a good run?

Psyren
2018-06-03, 01:43 PM
Anyway what do you all think of this new series? Will it be a hit and go on for like 25 or 30 years even though it stopped being funny like two decades ago? Will it be a hit that no appreciates, then it get canceled, is brought back in the form of direct to DVD movies, and is revived on Comedy Central for a few seasons? What do you think will happen?

Probably the latter. Fantasy Comedy is still a bit of a niche. I'm looking forward to this though.

Is it me or does that imp... goblin... thing look basically like a green Bart?