PDA

View Full Version : Player Help How to roleplay this subclass?

nightslayer247
2018-05-25, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone, im making a paladin for my next campaign with a subclass focus on rebirth with these tenets become the guiding light(lead the charge personally against evil), be ready to sacrifice(do not fear death be ready to sacrifice yourself for you companions), burn to rebuild from the ashes( killing those who are evil), I was thinking about maybe making a soldier that was like super straight laced and was like the main character from full metal panic, but I am open to suggestions on what was I could role play this subclass. Thanks!

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-05-25, 08:53 PM
Hi everyone, im making a paladin for my next campaign with a subclass focus on rebirth with these tenets become the guiding light(lead the charge personally against evil), be ready to sacrifice(do not fear death be ready to sacrifice yourself for you companions), burn to rebuild from the ashes( killing those who are evil), I was thinking about maybe making a soldier that was like super straight laced and was like the main character from full metal panic, but I am open to suggestions on what was I could role play this subclass. Thanks!

"rebirth" makes me think about second chances. Especially if something else in his character description or flaws indicates he'd give a bad guy a second chance. Maybe one to many? Give the party Rogue a second chance too many?

Mercurias
2018-05-26, 06:18 AM
Never seen Full Metal Panic, but the knee-jerk reaction I had to your post was of a zealot who so deeply believes his/her oath’s tenants that they tend to leap into the fray like a Barbarian. This is not an oath for someone who plans to live forever. I’d definitely see them being the kind of person who doesn’t leave risks untaken or want to later look back and ask “what if?”

I’d Roleplay them as the character who leaves absolutely zero regrets behind. They say that they’re thinking, and why they’re thinking it. They milk every ounce of meaning out of every second. They’re also the one who will walk right up to the BBEG’s throne room and challenge them to throw down at level two while their friends try to drag them away.

opaopajr
2018-05-26, 08:23 PM
Hippy flower child activist. It seeks to destroy evil at its root, not give it cause to seek revenge. Prefers mercy keeping 'The Lost' (thinking monsters) alive so that they may feel an Alignment change of heart.