PDA

View Full Version : Best sorc/bladelock multiclass

that_one_kobold
2018-05-26, 01:36 PM
The next campaign I will be in is a CoS game, and I came up with the idea of an aasimar bladelock/divine soul sorc character (hardly original, I know). I'm having a slight difficulty in figuring out the exact level breakdown for my character. We'll be starting at 3rd level, so I have some amount of wiggle room when it comes to starting the build off. I'm thinking starting as sorc would be a good idea, for the con saves, but I also might just go with warlock until level 5 so that i get that extra attack sooner.

Elric VIII
2018-05-26, 03:08 PM
Depends on the Warlock subclass. I played a hex 5/divine soul 4 and it was lots of fun. Hexblade's curse is fun with Spiritual Weapon. One thing I found was I had an insane amount of bonus action option with this build. That's always a good thing.

Of course you could also do hexblade 1/sorc X and be perfectly effective with just BB/GFB.

If you're going to play as a Celestial or Fiend, I'd recommend taking it to 5th since extra attack will be more useful considering the split between attack and casting stats. This also opens up Eldritch Smite with 3rd level slots if you're a blade pact.

GOO and Fey would benefit from 6 levels for the patron abilities. Both are decent for melee.

Hex 1/sorc is probably the overall strongest because more spells.

Hex 5/sorc is a good mix of martial/casting. I'd recommend this one as I had the same idea for a character.

Other patron 5-6/sorc is doable, but less optimized because of worse armor and attack stats.