PDA

View Full Version : Universal Timeline - Across Worlds?

kalos72
2018-05-26, 10:54 PM
Is there any Excel file or something that lists all the timelines and how they relate across the different worlds/games?

Like in 1380DR what year is it in Kyrnn, Eberron or Greyhawk? Maybe even other timeline details like FR does?

Silva Stormrage
2018-05-27, 12:47 AM
Is there any Excel file or something that lists all the timelines and how they relate across the different worlds/games?

Like in 1380DR what year is it in Kyrnn, Eberron or Greyhawk? Maybe even other timeline details like FR does?

I mean except in certain settings like planescape those settings aren't related to each other at all? I am not sure why you think there would be any relation between their timelines whatsoever.

Even in planescape it's just handwaved and I highly doubt there is a specific excel file or relation between the timelines.

JustIgnoreMe
2018-05-27, 03:45 AM
Back in the 2e days Dragon Magazine had crossover articles between Elminster and Dalamar (FR and Dragonlance), possibly Greyhawk too? That could be used to find a few points of equivalence, then you assume time flows at the same rate (remembering that day length and year length are probably not the same).

Should be possible, don't know if it's already been done.

-edit- Mordenkainen (Greyhawk) was there too, articles were Wizards Three or Pages from the Mages.

-edit edit- How could I forget Spelljammer? You can literally sail your PC from Oerth to Krynn to Abeir-Toril on magic spaceships, there must have been official timeline guidance. You're on your own for Eberron and Athas though.

-edit edit edit- http://www.omnimulti.com/other/chrono.html looks as good as any other. Sources are contradictory and nothing is canonical.

kalos72
2018-05-27, 08:59 AM
If you included Spelljammer, they are simply parallel worlds. And a fan site for Spelljammer has something similar to this idea.

I am trying to figure out how time relates to each world. If I am in FR in 1380 DR, whats going on in Krynn? Or when did the Dragonlance series happen in compared to DR?

Might not be something I need to worry about but we have a group of 6 players that have played through FR, Kyrnn, Oerth, Eberron, Dark Sun,etc, though a Spelljamming campaign over the years. Just trying to tie them all together if possible.

Crichton
2018-05-27, 01:05 PM
I don't know a ton about the other settings, but the Forgotten Realms timeline has hard dates in canon when the D&D editions changed, with in-world events explaining/causing the rule changes between editions. Those dates could serve as benchmarks to line up the calendars, if the other settings have any such dates established in their own calendars?

Nifft
2018-05-27, 01:23 PM
I don't know a ton about the other settings, but the Forgotten Realms timeline has hard dates in canon when the D&D editions changed, with in-world events explaining/causing the rule changes between editions. Those dates could serve as benchmarks to line up the calendars, if the other settings have any such dates established in their own calendars?

Many other settings didn't have a catastrophe every edition.

That's mostly just a peculiarity of the Realms.

Eldan
2018-05-27, 03:27 PM
I know I read one like this, with a few hundred events. Probably onPlanewalker.

schreier
2018-05-27, 07:33 PM
I believe the current years are:
Dragonlance 427 AC
Eberron 998 YK
Forgotten Realms 1489 DR

Falontani
2018-05-27, 08:40 PM
Dungeons and dragons online is official and bridged Eberron with the forgotten Realms.