PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Dessicating weapon property question

skunk3
2018-05-27, 01:10 AM
Does this weapon enhancement force a check or a debuff, or does it merely do damage? It doesn't say anything in particular in the description about making the target dehydrated but it stands to reason that it should. How much dessication damage would something have to take before having to make a save? Basically nothing that I know of has resistance to this unless maybe it's a fire elemental lol... it would be cool if this enhancement actually had more of an effect...

XionUnborn01
2018-05-27, 09:20 AM
I'm afb right now but I believe it makes tour weapon deal desssication damage which is damage that can only be healed through proper rest and time. This means that regenerating creatures don't come back from it and its super hard to heal.

The Viscount
2018-05-27, 01:22 PM
Dessicating's special property is the fact that it deals extra to water and plants, and as you mentioned resistance is essentially nonexistent except for certain effects as found in Sandstorm.

There are some spells and monster abilities that debuff along with dessication or dehydrate, but those are specific properties of the spell or monster, not of dessication damage itself.