PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Spells.

Erose
2018-05-27, 04:39 AM
First off I'm ****ed up, but still able to type....now that I think of it...it's not even typing....just using one finger...and that's the kinda ****ed up **** that goes through my head. I guess my question is how does one hold one in check in 5e. From what I've seen fear looks sweet.

Erose
2018-05-27, 04:55 AM
On a side note, I **** you not. Ya'll are an intelligent bunch..the debates in here get broken down with mad skill...and I gotta say from the bottom of my heart, ****ing thank you for some nifty do's and dots.

Erose
2018-05-27, 05:08 AM
...son of a bitch...I rolled a one....the last word prior was supposed to be "dont's"

Foxhound438
2018-05-27, 02:35 PM
some of the ones that I like for control are Fear, as you mentioned, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Hold Person, and later on some of the wall spells are pretty nice. Outside of spells, the monk's stunning strike is nuts good.

Talyn
2018-05-27, 04:29 PM
Fear (and it's paladin cousin, Wrathful Smite) are fantastic single-target debuffs.

Web restrains foes caught inside, and even if they make their saves it creates difficult terrain.
Awesome if you have allies with ranged attacks who can pincushion the guys who are stuck.

Vengeance paladins can use their Abjure Enemy ability to combine the best of both worlds - it hits them with a fear effect AND is reduces their speed to zero. Even if they save against it, they are still slowed.