PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Construct Ideas

kalos72
2018-05-27, 11:58 AM
My group wants to Incarnate some constructs but wants to "improve" them before giving the life.

Greater Humanoid Essence (RoE 186) implies that you can turn the construct human, add things like Telepathic Bond and then when the effect fades, the Bind is still active.

What other spell effects would be good to have? I was thinking of ability score increases, what spells are they? Maybe prot from evil?

What spells/effects would you suggest before turning them human?

kalos72
2018-05-27, 09:54 PM
No one has suggestions on spells/effects to use on a construct to enhance them before being awakened? :(

unseenmage
2018-05-27, 11:53 PM
The Necrotic Cyst line of spells from Libris Mortis could be cool.

Mineralize Warrior from Underdark is very nice.

Anything that needs to be cast on a living creature that has an instantaneous or permanent duration could potentially benefit a Greater Humanoid Essence-ed Construct.

Sian
2018-05-28, 01:41 AM
do note that Incarnate Constructs loses a lot of the sexy things that you might conceive to put on them, in that they loses ALL Special Attacks and Special Qualities, so at the end of day you basically only have the HD and ability modifiers left

kalos72
2018-05-28, 07:48 AM
Its my understanding that Incarnate simply teks the Construct you have and turn it into a living creature.

Greater Humanoid Essence (RoE 186) turns the construct into a living being so you can put buffs on the construct. Then while the buffs are still active, you Incarnate it.

kalos72
2018-05-30, 01:21 PM
Are there spells that improve your ability scores? Blessings? Haste? Prot from evil?

These types of things are what I am looking for, that I can cast on the Construct/Greater Humanoid Essence'd Construct before I Incarnate him.

kalos72
2018-05-30, 01:24 PM
Something else that came up, is memories.

How can I logicall/RP wise play out the transition from Construct to human? Or even, since my campaign uses a lot of SIMS, from a real person to a SIM and then back again? Lol...