PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder NPC based upon a mini

Wildspell
2018-05-27, 07:47 PM
I have a rather nice little mini from Wizkids. I can't post a link at this time, but it is an "Evil Wizard". You can probably find an image pretty easily. He has chains attached to his waist and wrists that end in hooks (4 of those) and spear-heads (2 of those).

I want to use him (and his chains!) as a boss or lieutenant in the campaign I am running. But I am unsure what kind of mechanic to use for the chains. A small Animated Object? An unusual Eidelon?

Any suggestions?

Palanan
2018-05-27, 10:23 PM
You could look at the Guardian Scroll (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary5/guardianScroll.html), which is paper rather than metal, but its stats could easily be applied to chains like yours.

Remove the DR, maybe add something for the hooks and spear-heads, and it should work for what you’re describing. If you want the chains to have a little personality, let them fly around on their own, like Dr. Strange’s cloak, and alternately cuddle people and try to strangle them.

Wildspell
2018-05-28, 05:40 AM
You could look at the Guardian Scroll, which is paper rather than metal, but its stats could easily be applied to chains like yours.

Remove the DR, maybe add something for the hooks and spear-heads, and it should work for what you’re describing. If you want the chains to have a little personality, let them fly around on their own, like Dr. Strange’s cloak, and alternately cuddle people and try to strangle them.

Thanks Palanan! That gives me a starting point. Maybe add a curse that he cannot cast his spells unless they are attached. Throw in some sort of necromatic drain to compensate for small size penalties. :smallcool: I think I can make that work.

Thanks again!