PDA

View Full Version : Is posting about Silverclawshift's campaigns still cool?

Zsephyr
2018-05-28, 05:17 PM
Would anyone be interested in hearing a campaign log on how me and my DM have decided to (after reannacting all the other SCS campaigns with our own flairs, chars, and endings) pick up on the 3rd story by her? The Undead City, Dragon City etc story? Plot twist: The Evil Doer is someone you'd never suspect :-) 30 years of game, both homebrewed, straight up DND Ed books, and now SCS, this is the best yet.

PrismCat21
2018-05-28, 08:44 PM
Do it.
I will be happy to read about it as long as they're good :P

Seto
2018-05-29, 04:50 AM
Always happy to read campaign journals and stories. As for Silverclawshift specifically, her D&D tales are among my favorite and definitely inspired me, so it's nice to see how it inspired others as well.

GreatDane
2018-05-29, 10:26 AM
Silverclawshift's campaigns will always be cool. I'd love to hear about your group's past and present campaigns based on hers.

Zsephyr
2018-05-29, 07:15 PM
now don't get me wrong, we're not necessarily attempting to copy everything her party did, more just follow the storylines? been playing her horror campaign as the dm and starting to really get somewhere with it! gonna post that now in a swift synopsis just to get some ideas! and my dm of 20yrs and i just read her Faceless Threat campaign which sadly was cut short :-( and over a night of poor sleep wondering who the enemy would be (i poUr over a single big bad unfortunately because i'm a big baby but i know her dm normally does NOT) and my dm and i sat down and decided we would STEAL that world and the villain would be very unexpected :-) will post that when it starts but i'll do the horror one first!!

Zsephyr
2018-05-29, 07:16 PM
Do it.
I will be happy to read about it as long as they're good :P

they're not :smallfrown:

psych, i was very impressed and pissed with my party, they totally knocked my plans out of control and i'm beyond proud

Zsephyr
2018-05-29, 08:12 PM
very very fast synopsis, no need for supreme detail especially for character backstories because they get shared in game, no one knew anyone else's race, class, or backstory until they met/were revealed via player

world is based on some youtube videos and some plot i came up with when i was like 12

in a quick sum up, the world is HEAVY undead based, but has been for an unknown hundred of years, the undead problem is blamed on an old war that stemmed between two rival kingdoms, and one cheated using magic to win, but the result was utter loss and the rise of the undead, as the major races (humans, dwarves, orcs, goblinoids and the like) banded together in a final stand before their utter extinction, they finally drove off the undead and saved themselves, arcane magic is now tabooed en masse and a 'burn-at-the-pyre' 'witch! heretic! pervert!' etc situation, (divine magic from the clerics, paladins, and druids are seen as "gifts" from the gods themselves,,,, which they are... elves are also a hated delicacy, as when the other races banded to fight together, the elves said and i quote, "bunk this" and went into hiding, they at this point are a myth, a bad bedtime story to tell your kids so they behave near christmas time, like the 'telephone' game their appearance and abilities and even life choices have gotten mixed up and confused through the stories shared, some people remember them being cannibalistic monsters, some remember beautiful but evil seductresses, some describe pixies, so on so forth. in a wrap? zombie apoc, elves and arcane magic bad

the PARTY !

human druid with a mountain lion animal companion by the name Tiny Tiny Tim Tim, Friar Tuck is a wandering man, who when he comes upon the needy always sticks his neck out for them, as a lone Shepherd of good, he normally portrays an insecurity among other humans, and has trust issues as such

Anju is a human cleric, a tall priestess of Vecna with the domains of Good and Travel, she is a high ranking merc of the Clergy (a faction run by Divinity (clerics and pallies) whom'st've send her out on far away missions and the like for grand pay, Anju once cared for a small plant as a child that grew into a leshy which died in a mysterious white fire upon returning home one day and so on so forth, Anju is a pious believer and beholder of good

(Secret) Half elf Barbarian, Ragnar's father was a human lumberman who stumbled upon a beautiful elf maiden and so on Ragnar was made but of course in greater detail, somehow Ragnar's mother was found and murdered and remurdered while he was hidden in a closet nearby, his father came home to slaughter the like and then forced Ragnar to train and eat so he would be large and barge and hopefully never seen as a lean elf and killed, his father also chopped off (and then added curves to) his ears he keeps the few things his mother kept upon leaving the elf society, jade earrings (which he wears and is CONSTANTLY picked on for) and a jade signet ring his father built into the hilt of his axe and so on so forth

Arko is a human warlock, the old one pact, his mother was murdered in a golden flame and many years later his wife followed the same fate, the second time a small black splot of a creature offered him immense power in exchange for a body and without hesitation he took it

Rhydian is a tiefling (heavy on the demon appearance) who is the angel of death of a fighter, he tackles an ornate scythe as his weapon and heavily stats into it, his story is that after many years of MERC WORK he went back home to his only living relative, his (very human) Grandmother, who is a wealthy, near blind and disabled racist, on a farm. Yeah. Luckily she's too blind to see Rhydian. or she'd likely disown him due to.. complications. (doesn't join in until a later session)

Gnome Rogue, typical selfish thief trope, backstory that she fell in love with a dwarf and he was accidentally murdered in a dispute with his father over loving a gnome (doesn't join in until a later session)

Viaan is a human brawler, he was a slave that was thrown into a Hunger Games goes underground fighting pit where he needs to perform well to gain sponsors, survive all sorts of crazy combats against unrealistic foes, and it's dirty. let the games begin (doesn't join in until a later session)

GreatDane
2018-05-31, 03:42 PM
Looks promising! It's a big group you've got. Is Vecna different in this setting, or is Anju dedicated to a different deity (perhaps Wee Jas)? Vecna's a pretty evil god, and doesn't seem to fit Anju's MO.

The writing could use a grammar/spelling upgrade.