PDA

View Full Version : Request for aid on Warlock RP

Kaimal
2018-05-28, 08:32 PM
I have an idea for a goblin Warlock with a great old one pact. I just found the idea interesting of why this ancient and powerful being would choose such an unusual method of influencing the world.

Here's the backstory for the Gobbo I'm cooking up:

Once a Mob Boss of a large group of goblins and bugbears in mountains bordering Barovia. This changed when Eldritch horrors descended upon them capturing, torturing and devouring the tribe. Except for Klyton himself.

They left him to wallow in his grief. His rage. This was when he turned to his patron. Or rather when it turned to him. A cosmic being that reigned in a far off ether reached out to his mind. Whispered foreign words and cast strange images into his thoughts. Following the will of this being Klyton became a Warlock. drawing power from it. With his new capabilities he vowed vengeance on those that had stripped of his forces. But the whispers asked of him something. "Why hold on to these grudges? You are beyond them now. Greater. Follow my directions young one. Do this and more power awaits you."

So he left behind his stronghold in Barovia. Plagued by dreams both damned by his past and blessed by the future his patron had in store. He created a small black book that recorded his dreams. He learned quickly that there are messages, directions hidden within. This is how he found himself among these people. (I.e the party)

He doesn't know why he was brought here but he will wait and see. He's been alive long enough to know the value of patience.

------

I was just wondering what suggestions you might give or your experienece with RPing Great Old one pacts or Warlocks in general.

Thank y'all in advance.