PDA

View Full Version : Centaur and goblin stack madness

leon666
2018-05-29, 01:08 PM
Ok so by RAW Centaur stacks can exist but I feel Strength may limit how realistic it would be.

Currently on discord discussing it with my group and my DM mentioned goblin stacks. We are now discussing the best 2-3 "man" goblin options, for potentially riding centaurs into combat and also the best combos for goblin stacks in general.

Quoxis
2018-05-29, 10:12 PM
Just saying, the rules for mounted combat specify that you can ride a creature if it’s a size larger than you and anatomically fit to carry you...
Even if part one of that rule is undermined by the race feature, the other part is still valid - ever seen a horse riding a horse (apart from activities that shan‘t be mentioned on a site children can access)?
Same counts for goblins: even if the monster manual etc. have goblin stacks in them, the actual reasoning behind it isn’t covered by rules available to players, much like lichdom, becoming a deity or world domination - it can all happen, but it’s up to the GM whether and how it does.

When it comes to goblins riding centaurs: mounted combatant feat, shield, heavy armor and lance.