PDA

View Full Version : Missing body parts

Cowboy_ninja
2007-09-06, 05:22 PM
(1) Is there a chart somewhere that states what happens when a PC looses a body part?

(2) are their rules for sundering a monk's weapons (unarmed attack)?

the second question not so improtant but the first one i could use info on ASAP

thanks!

GimliFett
2007-09-06, 05:26 PM
There's a variant rule for Damage to Specific Areas in the DMG p 27. Best I can find. :smallbiggrin:

The second question is a non-issue, IMO. Kill or incapacitate the monk, break the weapons. :shrug:

Finally, your screen name screams for a personalized avatar. :smallbiggrin:

Cowboy_ninja
2007-09-06, 05:33 PM
There's a variant rule for [I]

Finally, your screen name screams for a personalized avatar. :smallbiggrin:

i have one made i just cant seeem to get it loaded up.:smallfrown:

greenknight
2007-09-06, 05:34 PM
Remember that Monks can attack with just about any part of their body - including their head and legs. So while you can literally chop off both their arms, you can't really disarm them.

DraPrime
2007-09-06, 05:39 PM
Remember that Monks can attack with just about any part of their body - including their head and legs. So while you can literally chop off both their arms, you can't really disarm them.

Although you will SERIOUSLY incapacitate them. Having both your arms removed takes of a lot of hitpoints. Just don't get into a "black knight" situation where you keep cutting of limbs, but the enemy just keeps on trying to attack.

slexlollar89
2007-09-06, 05:46 PM
dis-armed and dis-legged Monk: come back here! I'll bite your legs off!
BBEG: Ah yeah right! A bite is a natural attack, not an unarmed strike doofus! MWA HA HA HA HA! bow you rally ARE helpless!

Karsh
2007-09-06, 06:21 PM
dis-armed and dis-legged Monk: come back here! I'll bite your legs off!
BBEG: Ah yeah right! A bite is a natural attack, not an unarmed strike doofus! MWA HA HA HA HA! bow you rally ARE helpless!

The monk then proceeds to use their back fat as a weapon and uses a Stunning Back Flab attack to K.O. and coup de grace the BBEG.

tannish2
2007-09-06, 07:14 PM
ya i think using the damaghe to specific areas rule monks could go into a black knight style situation... armless wouldnt really effect them in a normal melee combat. losing a leg would just be a speed reduction....