PDA

View Full Version : anyone have SW Force and Destiny exp?

jdizzlean
2018-05-30, 10:30 AM
My gaming group is going to start this up on our off weeks to play. I've been reading through the core book and trying to put together a character idea. We're gonna do creation as a group, so I don't know exactly what I'll have available to do that.

Right now I'm leaning towards a Kel Dor Mystic - Makashi Duelist.

any game or character insights would be appreciated.

Telwar
2018-05-30, 08:52 PM
That's going to take the place of our 5e Birthright game, and the DM has been making hints of "seriously, guys, get the damn game over with already." "But you keep throwing random events at us!"

From what I've heard, mechanically, you always want Moar Dice. It also looks like, if you want to be a force-user, you can't really count on being able to get enough FP to fuel even your 1-point powers until FR2 or 3, because while the Force die has exactly the same number of Light Side and Dark Side pips, you're slightly more likely to get Dark Side pips (7 faces) than Light side (5 faces). If you want to use the Force, also, jack up your Willpower and Discipline as much as possible; there's a reason Yoda yells that Luke needs Discipline.

We are definitely doing a Session Zero with the books so we have an idea what everyone wants to do and who is covering what, and maybe a one- and two-session rewrite. We're *terrible* about stuff like that, we have a bad tendency of having awkward party compositions.

My concepts that I've got ready to go (in various stages, though obviously really not fleshed out so much) are:

"Bitey," the Trandoshan Hired Gun (Marauder, then straight into Enforcer so he can be useful when not claw/claw/biting*, eventually taking Bounty Hunter/Martial Artist for that sweet, sweet Crit 1 unarmed); a variant is the Warrior that probably starts out as an Aggressor or Starfighter Ace (so he can do gunnery and carry heavy weapons on the ground, actually)
"Ber-tr-am," the Cerean Consular (semi-alcoholic Healer, then Sage, then probably Ascetic, and then Niman Disciple)
"Polliver," the Muun Sentinel (Investigator, then probably Shadow)

* - yes, I know they don't get a bite attack.

Starting XP is spent, as much as possible, on stats, since you can buy skills instantly on getting XP, but no more stats until you hit the Dedication talent. So the Muun, for example, with his starting 90 XP, gets Cunning 4 (from 3) and Willpower 3 (from 1).

Strangely, Ber-tr-am and Polliver are kind of merging together.

Faily
2018-06-01, 11:12 AM
There are certainly other ways to benefit from Force Powers without being in need to jack up your Discipline and Force Rating (if you go Mystic, it gives you cheap access to Seer as your secondary spec, which has good progression for increasing Force Rating).

Force Powers like Sense and Enhance let you committ your Force-die to defense or possibly attack, rather than actively rolling to use Force powers against opponents.