PDA

View Full Version : Cinematic Swordfighter (aka Best Swordperson Ever)

cesius
2018-05-30, 05:40 PM
I'm trying to fine-tune a mechanical concept I had for a sword fighter with a very fluid form of combat that incorporates close quarters combat. I may also have been reading A Practical Guide to Evil (https://practicalguidetoevil.wordpress.com) and been inspired by the Saint of Swords.

Stat Priorities are Dexterity and Wisdom

Level 1 - Fighter 1 - Perception, Insight / Dueling Fighting Style / Second Wind

Level 2 - Fighter 2 - Action Surge (1 Use)

Level 3 - Fighter 3 - Battle Master: Combat Superiority [Disarming Attack, Parry, Precision Attack] / Tool Proficiency [?]

Level 4 - Fighter 4 - ASI or Feat

Level 5 - Monk 1 - Unarmored Defense / Martial Arts

Level 6 - Monk 2 - Ki / Unarmored Movement

Level 7 - Monk 3 - Deflect Missles / Path of the Kensai

Level 8 - Monk 4 - ASI or Feat / Slowfall

Level 9 - Monk 5 - Extra Attack / Stunning Strike

I think I'd keep going Monk with more levels. The two areas I have no idea where to go are possible feats or race choice.

CTurbo
2018-05-30, 05:53 PM
For Race I'd go Wood Elf as the stat bonuses line up perfectly and the extra movement is great.

For BM maneuvers, I would absolutely take Riposte.

For feats/ASIs, I think for a Monk, nothing is more OP than maxing Dex and Wis so I don't think I would consider any feats until late. Definitely max Dex first and at least get Wis to 18. Alert, Mobile, and Lucky are all great. Mage Slayer is a great feat on a Monk. Defensive Duelist is really good and fits your style. Sentinel is not bad if you like to hang around the front line.