PDA

View Full Version : Original System [Homebrew System] My plan to combine White Wolf d10 system with a D&D fantasy world

Scalenex
2018-05-31, 09:02 AM
So I’m working on combining White Wolf’s d10 system with D&Desque fantasy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cliff notes version of how the system works.
Most traits are rated from 0 to 5 or 1 to 5. All dice rolls are with ten sided dice. Most dice rolls involving adding an attribute and ability. Example.

Shoot an arrow with Dexterity + Archery. If your Dexterity is 3 and Archery is 2 you roll five dice.
Inspire troops before battle, roll Charisma + Leadership. Figure out if your underworld contact is lying to you, Perception + Empathy. You get the idea.

There are two ways to determine success. One is to make all dice rolls the same and have a threshold. Like say you roll 6 or higher on every roll. Very easy things require you to get one 6 or better. Very difficulty things require you to get five succeeding dice. If you meet the threshold you succeed on what you were trying to do. If you exceed it you succeed especially well.

The other that my friend’s prefer is to have a variable difficulty. From 2 (for trivially easy things) to 10 for nearly impossible things. If you meet the threshold once you get a marginal success, if you get five successes you get an overwhelming success.

If you don’t get any hits (“successes,” you fail out right). “1”s are special. “1s” cancel out successes on dice rolls. If you get no successes on your roll and you have “1”s left over, you botched. In which case you failed spectacularly. You didn’t just miss with your sword, you dropped your sword.

There are two variants for botches, one makes them fairly common and one makes them fairly rare. A botch either occurs when “1”s cancel out all successes and there is still one or more “1”s remaining. The other one which produces less botches is to not roll any successes and have one or more “1s” showing.

In combat you usually make opposed rolls. Dexterity + Archery’s versus target’s Dexterity + Dodge. You could also do opposed rolls outside of combat. Dexterity + Stealth against target’s Perception + Alertness.

There is also extended rolls for things that take a long time. Maybe one roll a day with Intelligence + Crafts to forge a sword or one roll an hour with Dexterity + Athletics to scale a large cliff. A failure while doing an extended roll creates a minor complication (+1 difficulty to future rolls) while a botch causes an abject failure. You destroy the sword and damage your workshop or you fall while climbing the cliff half way up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my thought is to make a D&D-esque world. The power scale would be a bit diminished because there is no hit point system, you take enough hits you die. That would make the monsters a bit softer too. If you beat the character’s armor rating on a damage roll by three they lose three health levels. You lose all health levels and the character is dead. I figure most player characters and important humanoid NPCs would have ten health levels. Most mooks and red shirts would have five health levels. A dragon might have thirty health levels. Maybe a Dwarf would get a bonus health level and an Elf would get one fewer health level to represent their relative Constitutions.
I figure magic would be capped a bit. Nothing to raise the dead. Few spells and abilities that would be above sixth level in 2nd or 3rd edition.

So here’s the thought of how character creation would work.

Attributes: Characters start out with a dot in every attribute. Characters may add 15 dots on top of this spread as the players see fits provided no more than one attribute is rated 5. Attributes can be raised later with freebie points or experience points up to five for humans.

Willpower is a trait ranging from 1 to 10 instead of the usual one to five. Willpower is not just used to resist mental attacks, but it gives you a bank of points to spend to get temporary boosts on specific rolls. A typical peasant has a Willpower between 1 and 4. I don’t know what I’d make starting Willpower for player characters but most players in my group like to spend their bonus points to raise their starting Willpower.

So I figure a human PC would get 40, 50, or 60 freebie points depending on the power level of the game.
The costs for the basic stuff would be as follows
Attributes: 5 per dot
Abilities: 2 per dot
Willpower: 2 per dot.

After game play players would raise these with experience points.
Attributes: Current rating x 4
Abilities: Current rating x 2, 3 experience for a new ability.
Willpower: Current rating times 2

10 freebie points or 30 experience points would give your character the opportunity to pursue one of the paths to supernatural power. Wizardry/Sorcery, Psionics, Formal Divine Magic, Favored Soul Divine Magic, or a Warlock Pact. Then of course they would have to spend more freebie points to enhance their supernatural powers.

Attributes: Characters start out with a dot in every attribute. Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Charisma, Manipulation, Appearance, Perception, Intelligence, Wits. Characters may add 15 dots on top of this spread as the players see fits provided no more than one attribute is rated 5.

I got twenty six abilities mostly from White Wolf’s Dark Age’s system with a few minor additions and subtractions. I came up with 30. I haven’t set this list in stone. I figure could add or subtract more later. I figure characters would get 25 starting dots. The typical restriction in White Wolf games is that characters cannot take more than three dots in one ability here without spending freebie points or experience.

Abilities that can be used without training.
Animal Ken, Alertness, Athletics, Brawl, Dodge, Empathy, Expression, Etiquette, History, Intimidation, Leadership, Legerdemain, Stealth, Subterfuge,

Abilities that can be used without training at a +1 penalty
Archery, Commerce, Crafts, Escape Artist, Melee, Ride, Hearth Wisdom, Investigation, Law, Medicine, Performance, Occult, Seneschal, Survival, Theology, Use Magic Device

Willpower is a trait ranging from 1 to 10 instead of the usual one to five. Willpower is not just used to resist mental attacks, but it gives you a bank of points to spend to get temporary boosts on specific rolls. A typical peasant has a Willpower between 1 and 4. I don’t know what I’d make starting Willpower for player characters but most players in my group like to spend their bonus points to raise their starting Willpower.

So I figure a human PC would get 40, 50, or 60 (or more) freebie points depending on the power level of the game.
The costs for the basic stuff would be as follows
Attributes: 5 per dot
Abilities: 2 per dot
Willpower: 2 per dot.

After game play you would raise these with experience points.
Attributes: Current rating x 4
Abilities: 3 experience for a new ability. Current rating x 2 for improving an existing ability,
Willpower: Current rating times 2

10 freebie points or 30 experience points would give you the opportunity to pursue one of the supernatural powers. Wizardry/Sorcery, Psionics, Formal Divine Magic, Favored Soul Divine Magic, or a Warlock Pact. Then of course they would have to spend more freebie points to enhance their supernatural powers.

If you wanted a multi-class character, 15 freebie points or 45 experience points lets a character dip into a SECOND source of supernatural power. Other than having to spend extra points and split experience expenditure, there is no penalty for “multiclassing.”

Alternatively a non-magical character could be an amazing whiz at mundane stuff by putting all his/her freebie points in mundane stuff.

I am trying to figure out a good way to make Elves, Dwarves, and the like distinctive from Humans but balanced towards him. But if I figured if a player wants to play a more exotic race with abilities far beyond humans, like a satyr, half-celestial, or something similar, the player would sacrifice a bunch of freebie points. I have to figure out what a fair price for certain player character races is.

My friends recommended keeping the common PC races between 1 and 5 attributes just humans even if they are supposed to be slightly better or worse at something rather than adding or removing whole dots. Doing things like giving Dwarfs an extra health level and Elves a one point difficulty break on Dexterity rolls. Maybe if it turns out Elves (or one of the other common PHB races) are a little over powered over humans I could give them a small freebie point cost.
I need to figure out how I want to handle magic. I am probably going to keep with the D&D standard that divine magic can be cast in armor and most arcane magic not. That means I should probably make arcane magic slightly more powerful than divine magic, or I should make arcane magic cheaper to buy.

I am not yet sure if I want to create a dichotomy between sorcery and wizardry or lump it together. I have the general idea that wizardry/sorcery, formal divine magic, and psionics should fit the one dot to five dot pattern, you have to learn the two dot power before you get the three dot power. Warlocks and favored souls would be fairly chaotic, where most powers are independent of the other powers and bought separately.

The next major hurdle I need to get past is figure out how to limit magic.
-There are no limits beyond needing to roll to see how potent the power is.
-Botches with magic are very painful, that’s only a given for White Wolf games.
-The more magic you do, the greater chance of a bad thing happening is
-Vanican magic, you have to prepare your magic day by day.
-Some kind of points system.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions and if anyone has tried this before I'd like to know

Scalenex
2018-05-31, 09:25 AM
Divine Casters have a divine mana pool equal to their (Willpower + Charisma + Stamina) x )the sum of every divine magic dot)

Mana costs are quite simple.

● 1 mana
●● 2 mana
●●● 3 mana
●●●● 4 mana
●●●●● 5 mana

Mana is restored once per day assuming the cleric makes a regular hour long prayer. I a divine caster does not have enough mana to cast a spell he wants, he can still cast it but he must make a magical feedback check.

Magical Feedback

The character needs to pass a Wits +Theology roll to avoid magical feedback. Difficulty is based on level of effect they are attempting. If the casting roll botched the difficulty is increased by one (on top of anything else the Storyteller wants to inflict for the botch).

A failure on a feedback roll results in a loss of a temporary Willpower point. A botch on a feedback roll results in a loss of a temporary Willpower point and an unsoakable level of bashing damage that may not be healed via magical means, only natural healing.

● Difficulty 5
●● Difficulty 6
●●● Difficulty 7
●●●● Difficulty 8
●●●●● Difficulty 9

Magic Lores

The lores that divine casters may use are as follows: Animals, Augmentation, Crafts, Divination, Healing, Necromancy, Plants, Protection, Purification, Spirits, Weather and Wrath

Any divine spell caster can theoretically learn any lore of divine magic, but divine casters get a -1 difficulty break when casting their god's favored magic lores.

Favored Lore
Greymoria: Augmentation, Necromancy, Wrath
Korus: Animals, Divination, Plants
Mera: Healing, Protection, Purification,
Nami: Divination, Purification, Weather
Maylar: Animal, Augmentation, Wrath
Zarthus: Augmentation, Crafts, Wrath
Phidas: Crafts, Protection, Purification
Khemra: Divination, Purification, Wrath
Hallisan: Augmentation, Craft, Protection
Pantheon: 3 of these: Augmentation, Crafts, Protection, Purification, and/or Wrath

There is no in-game difference between clerics and druids. A druid is just a cleric who is more at home amongst nature than civilization. It will only affect how NPCs will perceive you. If you want to call yourself a paladin and only take a couple dots of combat based powers, you can do that too.

Casting rolls use an attribute + ability roll. Difficulty is always 6 barring special circumstances. Some common special circumstances are below.

If the caster wants to cast a spell without brandishing his holy symbol, raise the difficulty by +1.
If the caster wants to cast a spell without speaking, raise the difficulty by +1.
If the caster wants to cast a spell without moving his hands, raise the difficulty by +1.

These modifiers are cumulative and can push the difficulty above 10.

Hand and body movements for divine casting are pretty simple and are not constricted by armor or carrying a heavy load unless the character has so many penalties that their Dexterity is effectively reduced to zero dots, in which case they get a +1 difficulty penalty (this assumes they can still brandish their holy symbol at least).

All spells require line of sight unless caster is targeting himself or something he is wearing or holding.

Most spells have side effects to make it obvious magic was done. The more successes rolled the more obvious these side effects are. For instance the wounded area and the caster may glow when receiving a healing spell.

Animal Power (Charisma + Animal Ken)
● Talk to animals and animal-like magical beasts.
●● Summons animals and animal-like magical beasts that start out well disposed to you. Unlike other summoning spells, this is not instant. The summoned animals have to run, fly, or swim to you.
●●● Control Animals
●●●● Gain the ability to wildshape into animals within one size category of your caster
●●●●● Gain the ability to wildshape into animals within two size categories of your caster

Augmentation (Manipulation + Survival)
● Mundane tools give -1 difficulty break when used. Mundane weapons do an extra die of damage.
●● Targets gains bonus attribute points for one scene. Only one attribute at a time can be boosted but the successes can be spread out over several targets. May not boost an attribute above the maximum of the target’s race. One attribute boost per success rolled.
●●● Gain enhancements along the lines of various natural creatures such as water breathing or doubled running speed for a scene. Alternatively gain lesser enhancements for a week such as being able to sustain oneself on a fraction of their normal food and water.
●●●● Targets gains bonus attribute points for one scene. A wide variety of attributes can be boosted, and the successes can be spread out over several targets. May not boost an attribute above the maximum of the target’s race plus one. Two attribute boosts per success rolled.
●●●●● Gain blatantly supernatural enhancements like flight, walking on water, or being wreathed with fire that harms enemies.

Crafts (Manipulation + Crafts)
● Mundane tools give -1 difficulty break when used. Mundane weapons do an extra die of damage. Armor has an extra die of soak. Three successes doubles this bonus, five or more triples the bonus. Bonus last for one scene
●● Create potions, ammunition, candles, scrolls and other magical items with a single or limited duration use. The caster requires other magic to make these items unless he wants to make potions and oils that have Divine Crafts powers.
●●● Mundane items, weapons, and armor gain potent magical abilities for one scene.
●●●● Create permanent or at least multi-use magical items powered by divine magic.
●●●●● Create golems and other Construct creatures powered by divine magic

Apart from the level one bonuses, the caster needs additional magic. A cleric cannot make a divinely powered flaming sword if they cannot summon divine fire or work with a friendly caster who can create divine fire.

Divination (Perception + Theology)
● Detect magic, elementals, undead, poison, traps, true north, and/or the nearest drinkable water among other things. Only one item can be looked for at a time. Identify magical items with a modest material sacrifice.
●● Speak or read any language unless it’s a coded or ciphered in which case an opposed roll is made.
-Listen to surface thoughts of others opposed by target’s Willpower.
-Gain bonus dice on an ability you already possess but only for the purpose of recalling facts or something you seen. You can’t use the bonus dice for something active like crafting or combat.
●●● Pierce phantasms, disguises, invisibility, and trickery of all sorts magical and mundane with an opposed roll. The Diviner gets a -1 difficulty break on this roll.
●●●● Pierce phantasms, disguises, invisibility, and trickery of all sorts magical and mundane with an opposed roll. The Diviner gets a -3 difficulty break on this roll.
Learn facts you never knew about the area you are in.

Successes
One Pretty much everyone knows this, but it might be new to you if you are a stranger
Two Known to a substantial minority of the area.
Three Uncommon knowledge
Four Obscure knowledge
Five Extremely Obscure knowledge

●●●●● Ask your deity a direct question or try to prophesize the future. Naturally vague and cryptic is the norm.

Except for the level 3 and four true seeing powers, these powers are normally time consuming and cannot normally be done in the middle of combat. If the storyteller decides to allow rushed divination spellcasting, he may do so but the difficulty goes up.

Healing (Charisma + Medicine)
● Alleviate wound penalties for one scene
●● Remove one level of bashing damage per success
●●● Remove one level of lethal damage per success
●●●● Recover lost attribute points
●●●●● Regenerate lost limbs, heal aggravated damage

This requires touch. If the caster is willing to raise the difficulty by +1 he can cast these spells on targets within Charisma x 10 yards provided there is line of sight. When doing this the caster can split successes between multiple targets.

Against undead the same healing path can be used offensively. This usually requires touch, but it can be cast at a distance at +1 difficulty within Charisma x 10 yards provided there is line of sight. When doing this the caster can split successes between multiple targets. In fact, the caster can use some successes to heal allies while using others to smit undead.

● Detect undead. Undead can resist with Willpower if they have that trait.
●● Inflict one unsoakable level of bashing damage per success
●●● Inflict one unsoakable level of lethal damage per success
●●●● Cause loss of Strength, Stamina, or Dexterity points
●●●●● Inflict unsoakable aggravated damage

Necromancy (Stamina + Theology)
● Detect undead, demons, and other sources of negative energy
●● Create skeletons and zombies
●●● Add temporary attributes to undead or heal undead of non-aggravated damage.
●●●● Create ghouls, wights or other beings on this tier
●●●●● Create Shadows and or other beings on this tier

The level 2, 3, and 5 powers can inflict bashing, lethal, or aggravated damage like Divine Healing in reverse. This magic can heal undead using the same rules for Divine Healing as is. Spells that create undead require at least ten minutes.

Characters can roll Charisma + Necromancy to rebuke undead. This opposed by the target’s Willpower if the undead is free willed. Most undead with no free will cannot resist turning at all. Some undead have Turn Resistance which is bonus dice to their Willpower (or if not free willed takes the place of Willpower).

Successes over Undead
One Success: Undead loses remaining actions for this turn and next turn. Undead target cannot dodge or parry but is not treated as helpless.

Two Successes: As with one success. Subsequent rounds the Undead has one-die penalty on all rolls as long as undead turner is within Charisma x 10 yards

Three Successes: As with one success. Subsequent rounds the Undead has two-dice penalty on all rolls as long as undead turner is within Charisma x 10 yards

Four Successes: As with one success. Subsequent rounds the undead cowers and the spot taking no aggressive action even if attacks. They are treat as immobilized but still struggling. This lasts for the caster’s Charisma in minutes.

Five Successes or More: For every success over four, the character can issue the undead a simple command which transcends language barriers though it must be spoken out loud. The undead will never directly harm the cleric who rebuked it but they may try to violate the spirit of a command if intelligent. If unintelligent they will not try to undermine commands but may misinterpret commands that are too broad “kill them all” and attack everyone but the cleric, even the cleric’s allies.

After the Cleric has used up the commands he rolled, the undead will go back to cowering indefinitely as long as the cleric is within Charisma x 10 yards, unless the cleric wants to issue one more command in which case the undead will follow that last command then the turn is broken.

A Cleric with Necromancy may roll Charisma + Necromancy to bolster an undead making it resistant to turning (or other necromancers rebuking it). Successes cancel out enemy cleric’s successes on a one for one basis. Rebuking successes will also decay at a rate of one success per hour.

Protection (Wits + Theology)
● Enemies have to get a single success on a Willpower roll (or Stamina if they lack Willpower) in order to attack caster. Willpower difficulty is 3+ number of successes rolled. This effect is broken if the caster makes an attack or the scene is over
●● One target gains two soak dice versus energy attacks per success for a scene. This stacks with mundane armor if applicable, but it does not stack with other magical forms of protection.
●●● One target per success is protected. Difficulty to hit them with ranged and melee attacks goes up by +1. Difficulty to target them with hostile spells goes up by +1
●●●● Gain a temporary soak pool against damage for a scene equal to successes. Stacks with armor. One target per spell.
●●●●● Conjures temporary stone fortifications that last for a scene. If a Willpower point is spent the fortifications last for a day.

Successes
One 10 x10 x 3 section of wall
Two Three 10 x10 x 3 sections of wall
Three four Three 10 x10 x 3 sections of wall, optional sturdy wooden door to go in and out.
Four Four Three 10 x10 x 3 sections of wall complete with arrow slits. Caster can open or “close” a door shaped hold with a full turn’s concentration
Five Small castle capable of providing a heavy cover firing position for up to 20 human sized targets.

Characters can roll Wits + Divine Protection to counter an enemy spell within line of sight provided the cleric has a declared action to counter spell. Difficulty 6 to counter another divine spell, difficulty 7 to counter an arcane spell. Successes nullify the enemy caster on a one-for-one basis. If the counter speller doubles the enemy caster’s successes, that caster is treated as having botched their roll for the purposes of magical feedback.

Plant Power (Charisma + Hearth Wisdom)
● Animate plants to entangle foes and do similar tricks. Preserve food for very long periods of time. Magically obscure tracks.

Entangling Difficulty
Lush jungle 4
Typical Temperate Forest 5
Typical Rural Area 6
Relatively sparse open field 7
Nearly barren, including most underground 8
Indoors (though house plants can be used to lower this) 9

Each success immobilizing person until they make a feat of strength check versus the successes rolled.

Pass Without Trace Difficulty
Ground has lots of plant cover 4
Ground has minimal plant cover 6
Ground has no plant cover 8
Ground has no plant and shows tracks easily (snow or soft mud) 9

Each success obscures the passage of one person.
●● Talk to plants and receive a reply back, though plants often communicate very differently than sapient living creatures. More successes leads to a clearer answer.
●●● Grow a bark skin that provides a level of hard armor per success rolled. Stacks with worn armor but adds an extra dot of Dexterity penalty above what it normally has if worn with armor. Grow thorns to deter hand to hand attacks against you. Forgo food with photosynthesis. Whatever enhancements you can come up with that are plant based.
●●●● Create walls of thorns, vines that pull apart stone and other extremely supernatural plant activity. Use the difficulty for Entangling to determine the base difficulty. More successes means more extreme results.
●●●●● Animate trees to attack on your command and other feats of similar potency.

This power works as the Healing power for plant creatures.

● Alleviate wound penalties for one scene
●● Remove one level of bashing damage per success
●●● Remove one level of lethal damage per success
●●●● Recover lost attribute points, regenerate lost limbs,
●●●●● Heal aggravated damage

This power can rebuke plant creatures like divine Necromancy rebukes undead.

Purification (Stamina + Hearth Wisdom)
● Detect poisons, curses, disease, or undead. Undead can resist with Willpower if they have that trait.
●● Purify contaminants from food and drink, clean an area, mends minor damage to inanimate objects
●●● Create holy water, cure minor disease and poisons
●●●● Remove serious diseases and magically potent poisons. Nullify enchantments and curses with a finite duration
●●●●● Remove permanent curses

Characters can roll Charisma + Purification to turn undead. This opposed by the target’s Willpower if the undead is free willed. Most undead with no free will cannot resist turning at all. Some undead have Turn Resistance which is bonus dice to their Willpower (or if not free willed takes the place of Willpower).

Successes over Undead

One Success: Undead loses remaining actions for this turn and next turn. Undead target cannot dodge or parry but is not treated as helpless.

Two Successes: As with one success. Subsequent rounds the Undead has one-die penalty on all rolls as long as undead turner is within Charisma x 10 yards

Three Successes: As with one success. Subsequent rounds the Undead has two-dice penalty on all rolls as long as undead turner is within Charisma x 10 yards

Four Successes: As with one success. Subsequent rounds the undead flees away from turner as fast as it can for the turner’s Charisma x 10 minutes. Also suffers a two-die penalty to all rolls, no minimum distance.

Five Successes: As with four successes but undead takes an unsoakable level of aggravated damage. Undead without free will can be paralyzed in place in lieu of fleeing if the turner prefers but the paralyzing effect stops the second he stops actively turning.

Additional Successes: Every success above five adds two levels of unsoakable aggravated damage to the undead in question.

Spirits (Perception + Theology)
● Detect spirits, elementals, and demons. This reveals their general presence, not location. A rare few such creatures can mask their presence necessitating a resisting roll.
●● Friendly spirits within the caster’s Charisma x 10 yards get a bonus die on all rolls. Unfriendly spirits and demons lose a die from all rolls.
●●● Banish spirits, elementals or demons. Opposed roll versus target’s Willpower. A few spirits get bonus dice to resist banishment. Demons cannot be banished completely, only driven away temporarily.

Net successes
One Target flees for three turns
Two Target flees for ten minutes
Three Target flees for one hour
Four+ Target banished to home realm (or their home element)

This can be reversed to bolster a friendly spirit. A would-be banisher needs to beat the bolsterer’s successes and THEN beat the actual target on second spell.

Alternatively this can inflict a two-dice penalty on all rolls to demons.
●●●● Summon elementals or spirits. This takes at least a full hour. Spirits are affiliated with the cleric’s patron and are friendly. Elementals need to be bested in a contested Willpower roll and the elemental tests again every hour. I may need to modify this for more powerful spirits.

Spirits needs some sympathetic items to their nature. Elementals have to be summoned from their component element. You cannot summon a fire elemental if there is no fire nearby.
●●●●● Complete a lengthy ritual to travel to other planes.

Weather (Stamina + Survival)
● Summon fog or create a small quantity of water
●● Create a gust of wind or an ice slick. Create a few minutes of a heat wave or cold snap.
●●● Control the wind or water enough to approximate flying, surf across the water effortlessly, perform feats of strength, or grapple opponents.
●●●● Change weather in a local area
●●●●● Approximate smiting powers of level five Wrath, only they naturally always involve, wind, lightning, ice and the like

Wrath (Stamina + Theology)
● Bestow minor curse on a single target, opposed against the Willpower of said target. This cannot
be done stealthily. The cleric bestows a curse in a very dramatic fashion. Multiple castings of this are not cumulative, but penalties from other sources stack if they come from other sources.

Net successes over defender

One: +2 difficulty all rolls attempted for the next three turns
Two: +3 difficulty all rolls attempted for the next three turns +2 penalty for full scene,
Three+: +1 penalty until sunrise or sunset whichever comes first.

●● Inflict a serious but recoverable disease which runs it’s life cycle normally or creates run of bad luck (+1 difficulty all actions for a week per successes)
●●● Curse inflicts permanent loss of one attribute per success based on the nature of the curse.
●●●● Inflict a bolt of magical energy inflicting cleric’s successes as base lethal damage. Roll Perception + Theology or Dexterity + Archery to hit, whichever is higher. Soak value of natural, worn, or magical armor is halved.
●●●●● As above but inflicts aggravated damage or inflicts lethal damage in a ten foot radius, caster’s choice.

Scalenex
2018-06-09, 01:44 PM
Arcane magic works a little differently than divine magic. They don’t have a set spell progression like divine casters. They have a zero to five rating in the eight casting attributes: Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Invocation, Illusion, Necromancy, and Transmutation.

Except for Invocation, casters need to buy their casting attributes and spells separately

New School of Magic (other than Invocation) 3 exp
Expanded Casting (other than Invocation) Current rating x 3
First dot of Invocation 5 experience
Additional dot of Invocation Current rating x 5
Spell Circle rating x 2*
* If you have a prerequisite spell, the cost is reduced by one experience point. For exactly, If you have the spell Charm, you can buy Improved Charm for one experience less. If you have Charm and Improved Charm, you can buy Mass Charm for two experience points less.

Casting Dice pool
Abjuration uses Dexterity + Abjuration
Conjuration uses Charisma + Conjuration
Divination uses Perception + Divination
Enchantment uses Charisma + Enchantment
Invocation uses Stamina + Invocation
Illusion uses Manipulation + Illusion
Necromancy uses Stamina + Necromancy
Transmutation uses Wits + Transmutation.

Casting a spell without verbal or somatic opponents raises the difficulty by +2 (cumulative). If you do both) unless you buy the Feat Silent Spell and Still spell to halve this penalty.

I figure arcane casters would use the same basic rules with very minor tweaks.

Arcane Magic Types

Bardic Magic, Aka Seekers of the Celestial Song

Mana pool is (Charisma + Willpower) x (the sum of all casting attributes) + (the number of spells he learned + twice your Evocation rating)

Bonuses
-1 difficulty break on Illusion and Enchantment Spells

Penalties
+1 difficulty penalty for Conjuration, Invocation, and Necromancy spells

Bardic Mages cannot cast spells without singing or playing an instrument making casting a spell without verbal components impossible
Your ratings in casting attributes cannot exceed your Performance rating

Hermetic Wizards

Mana pool is (Intelligence + Willpower) x (the sum of all casting attributes) + (the number of spells he learned + twice your Evocation rating)

Bonuses
-1 difficulty break on any chosen school of magic

-1 Mana cost for the above chosen school of magic, 1 mana spells cost a ½ point.

-1 difficulty break on creating magic items

Penalties

+1 difficulty penalty for any two chosen schools of magic

Hermetic Wizards need to use a spellbook to prepare spells and replenish mana
Your ratings in casting attributes cannot exceed your Intelligence rating

Draconic Sorcerers

Mana pool is (Charisma + Willpower) x (the sum of all casting attributes) + (the number of spells he learned + twice your Evocation rating)

Bonuses
None

Penalties
None

Shamanic Wizards

Mana pool is (Intelligence + Willpower) x (the sum of all casting attributes) + (the number of spells he learned + twice your Evocation rating)

Bonuses
-1 difficulty bonus on Conjuring, Abjuration and Divination

Shamanic Wizards receive the Merit Mana Blood for free

Penalties

Shamanic Wizards Need to take at least three points in Flaws without receiving freebie points related to unusual appearance or unusual taboos

Your ratings in casting attributes cannot exceed your Intelligence rating

Witches/Warlocks

Bonuses
-1 difficulty break on any two schools of magic
-1 difficulty break when making finite use magical items like potions and candles
Supernatural Merits are available at 80% of cost rounded up. 10 total points of Merits would cost 8 freebie points
Familiars and Familiar upgrades can be bought at half the experience cost as other arcane casters

Penalties
Your ratings in casting attributes cannot exceed your Charisma rating
Witches and warlocks need to take at least three points in Flaws and receive no freebie points related to unusual appearance or pact requirements
+1 difficulty penalty on any three schools of magic

Invocation

Caster rolls Stamina + Invocation and then allocates the successes.

Base Damage
1 success 3 dice of damage
2 successes 5 dice of damage
3 successes 7 dice of damage
4 successes 8 dice of damage
+1 success +1 die of damage

Damage Type
0 successes Bashing damage
1 success lethal damage
2 successes aggravated damage

Potential Defense
0 successes Armor is fully effective
1 success Half armor bonus
2 successes Bypass armor entirely

Targets
0 success Ray against one target, or touch attack with +1 damage
1 success 30 foot line
2 successes 10 foot radius with 200 feet or 60 foot cone
3 successes 30 foot cone or 20 foot radius
4 successes 60 foot cone

If a spell is marked with ^ it's a power word spell and can be cast without somatic components at no penalties and be cast as a free action.

Abjuration Spells

First Circle Spells
Alarm: Ward an area against intrusion with a loud alarm for two hours per success.

Endure Elements: Target avoid harm from mundane heat and cold. Each success wards one target for four hours.

Shield: Gain a floating magic shield providing passive penalty of +1 to hit you for two minutes per success.

Protection: Target gains a number of protective effects. They gain a die of soak against all forms of damage that stacks with other protection. Attacks by demons and spirits against the target are at +1 difficulty. Targets one die on Willpower rolls when resisting magical attacks. Lasts ten minutes per success.

Obscure Object (Scrying, Improved Scrying): Item is blocked from scrying spells for four hours per success rolled. If it’s specifically scryed for the scrying spell fails. If something else is scryed for and the object is nearby the object appears invisible.

Second Circle Spells

Dispel Magic: Caster reduces a spells successes of another spell on a one-for-one basis comparing successes. Permanent magical items and effects are not destroyed but are suppressed for one turn per success.

Explosive Ruins: Description pending

Protection Circle (Protection): As Protection, but it affects one target per success.

Protection from Energy (Endure Elements): Target gets successes in a soak pool against energy attacks.

Obscure Person (Obscure Object, Scrying, Improved Scrying): Person is blocked from scrying spells for four hours per success rolled. If it’s specifically scryed for the scrying spell fails. If something else is scryed for and the person is nearby the object appears invisible and is silent. Material components cost about 50 gold pieces.

Third Circle Spells
Obscure Area (Obscure Object, Obscure Person, Scrying): Entire area is blocked from scrying spells for four hours per success. Material components cost about 100 gold pieces.

Dimensional Anchor (protection): Bars a subject from traveling to or through another plane or from teleporting. Resisted with Willpower at +1 difficulty.

Re-Corporealization (Dimensional Anchor): Wards an area against incorporeal creatures for one day per success. Incorporeal creatures that enter the area become solid with all the benefits and hindrances of that, especially being stopped by walls and hurt by mundane weapons. This includes incorporeal creatures that are naturally incorporeal or corporeal creatures temporarily gaining the incorporeal trait. Material component is a small quantity of Silverwood worth about 10 gold pieces.

True Form (per dot of Transumation): Transmutation effects on targets body are at +3 difficulty for one hour per success.

Fourth Circle Spells
Globe of Invulnerability: Globe hedges out magic spells from the first and second circle and divine magic of one or two dots other than Dispel Magic. This includes friendly spells.

Remove Curse: Removes a curse from target reducing successes of curse on a one-for-one basis.
Stone Skin (Shield): Target gains a soak pool equal to successes rolled stacking with other forms of armor. Material components cost about 200 gold pieces.

Illusion Alarm (per dot of Illusions, Alarm): Caster is alerted if illusions are nearby for one hour per success. This does not tell you what is hidden or changed, just that something is nearby and it does not include mundane disguises or transmuted things.

Fifth Circle Spells
Dismissal (Protection, Protection Circle): Banish spirit or demon to its home plane. Resisted by Willpower. Demons get a -1 difficulty break in their favor. Some spirits are anchored to specific objects, places, or people in the material world. In this case banishment returns them to their material anchor.

Greater Dispel Magic (Dispel Magic): Caster reduces a spells successes of another spell on a one-for-one basis comparing successes. The dispeller gets a -1 difficulty break. Permanent magical items and effects are not destroyed but are suppressed for one turn per success.

Greater Globe of Invulnerability: Globe hedges out magic spells from the first, second, and third circle and divine magic up to three dots other than Dispel Magic. This includes friendly spells.
Invisibility Purge (all invisibility spells): Invisible creatures are revealed within ten foot radius per success rolled.

Conjuration Spells

First Circle Spells
Grease: Summons a slick surface on a wall, floor, ceiling or item. If the spell is cast on an item that is carried it’s resisted by Willpower.

Mage Armor: Caster conjures armor worth one soak level plus an additional soak per every two successes rounded down. There are no Dexterity penalties for wearing this armor, but this cannot stack with mundane armor (though it does work with shields. Armor lasts for one hour per success.

Summon Fog: Caster summons fog which persists for ten minutes per success. More successes creates a bigger fog bank. The fog raises the difficulty of melee attacks by +1 and ranged attacks by +2

Web: This spell has two versions. It can constrain one target who needs to pass a feat of strength check equal to the successes rolled. The second version hits one target per success plus one, but the strength of the webs are reduced by two.

Summon Assistant: Summons a small spirit roughly as big as a monkey. It can fetch items and perform simple tasks, but it doesn’t fight. Lasts for one hour per success.

Second Circle Spells

Glitter Dust: Glowing dust outlines creatures thus revealing invisible creatures. Targets are blinded for successes in turns unless they pass a Wits+Athletics roll difficulty 7 and match or beat the caster’s successes.

Summon Swarm: Swarm inflicts a level bashing damage and one die penalty every turn someone is within the swarm. At three successes, this inflicts two levels of bashing damage a turn. At five successes, this inflicts three levels of bashing damage a turn.

Summon Steed: Summons a horse or pony like spirit for two hours per success. At five successes plus you get eight hours. The summoned steed will not panic around dangers or noises but will not kick and trample enemies.

Stinking Cloud: Gaseous cloud provides +2 difficulty to ranged attacks through it. Beings in the cloud suffer a one die penalty to all action unless they happen to be a creature that doesn’t need to breathe such as a zombie or golem.

Summon Sleet: Sleet storm lasts for two turns per success raising all difficulties by +1 for beings caught in storm. Provides +1 difficulty to all ranged attacks through the sleet storm. Leaves behind an ice slick for one half hour per success.

Conjure elements: Creates a small quantity of normal water, air, water, or fire. Fire will burn out without fuel. Water will spill on the ground if there isn’t a container available. Air will be used up if breathed or disperse if in the open.

Third Circle Spells

Lesser Spirit Summoning: Summons a minor fighting spirit for you for ten minutes per success. Three successes gets you two spirits. Five successes gets you three.

Dimension Door: Dimension door goes 50 yards per success, open for one turn per success.
Conjure Mundane Item: description pending

Attacking Tentacles: description pending

Solid Fog: description pending

Fourth Circle Spells

Spirit Summoning: Summons a moderately powerful spirit for you for ten minutes per success. Three successes gets you two spirits. Five successes gets you three.

Wall of Stone: Summons a solid wall of stone for 30 minutes per success.

Cloudkill Description pending

Fifth Circle Spells
Greater Spirit Summoning: Summons a powerful fighting spirit for you for ten minutes per success. Three successes gets you two spirits. Five successes gets you three.

Teleport: Successes are split. Each success is worth two passengers or 200 miles. If you do not get enough successes to do who you want teleported where you want, you do not have to teleport.

Open Planar Gate: Opens a gate to another plane to allow material beings into the realm, or spirits into the material. More successes get a more accurate or helpful spot in said plane. The casting of this spell takes one hour.

Divination Spells

First Circle Spells

Detect Poison: Detects presence of poison within 20 feet per success.

Detect Magic: Detect presence of magic within 60 feet.
Successes
One: Magic is nearby
Two: Magic is divine or arcane in nature.
Three: That dagger is the source of the magic.
Four: That dagger has potent or weak magic
Five: That dagger has potent evocation magic involving fire.
Detect Negative Energy Beings: Detects undead and Void demons within 30 feet per success.

Identify: Identifies magical items, their functions and command words. One magical item is examined per success and each casting taking a material component worth about 50 gold pieces.

Detect Secret Doors: Detects secret doors within 20 feet per success.

True Strike: Caster’s next attack roll is at -3 difficulty.

Second Circle Spells

Detect Thoughts: Read the surface thoughts of others for ten minutes per success, resisted by Willpower.

See Invisibility (Detect Magic): Make a resisted roll to see invisible creatures. Caster’s roll is at -2 difficulty. Naturally invisible creatures resist with Willpower instead of a casting roll.

Clairvoyance/Clairaudience: See or hear things at a distance 200 feet per success roll. If you want to both see AND hear what’s going on, raise the difficulty by +1.

Astral Sight: See into the astral plane and material plane simultaneously for ten minutes per success. All non-Perception actions are at +1 difficulty due to disorientation while this is active.
Scrying: Scry on distant subjects. It requires a focus such as a scrying bowl or pool costing at least 1000 gold pieces, but the focus is reusable but generally not super portable.

True Direction: Caster gets a perfect sense like a compass for four hours per success. Knows the direction and distance of known landmarks.

Third Circle Spells

Contact Other Plane (Astral Sight): Contact a spirit and open up a conversation for ten minutes per success. Demons can be contacted at +1 difficulty though few are very chatty.

Floating Eyes: Caster gets floating eyes equal to the number of successes rolled plus one. These eyes move as the caster directs. If the caster has more floating eyes than their Wits attribute, their other actions are at +1 difficulty. These eyes are not invisible, they are about the size of an apple and have one health level. They are fast and small adding +2 difficulty to hit but do not have a defensive roll or soak.

Detect Psionics (Detect Magic): Detect presence of magic within 60 feet.
Successes
One: psionics are nearby
Two: psionics is a bound effect not a caster.
Three: That crystal is the source of the psionics.
Four: The crystal is a small source of psionic powers
Five: The crystal is a psionic battery for mana.

Legend Lore: Learn facts you never knew about the area you are in.
Successes
One Pretty much everyone knows this, but it might be new to you if you are a stranger
Two Known to a substantial minority of the area.
Three Uncommon knowledge
Four Obscure knowledge
Five Extremely Obscure knowledge

Hunter’s Mark: After making a touch attack you are able to unerringly track the target for one week per success.

Telepathic Bond (Detect Thoughts): The caster can link a number of willing participants telepathically for one hour per success. The maximum number of participants is the caster’s Wits+1.

Fourth Circle Spells

Detect Capability: Detect capabilities of target examined. More successes give the caster more detail.

Improved Scrying (Scrying): As scrying but you can cast other divination spells through your scrying.

The Ultimate Price: Caster finds out what a target’s ultimate price is, at which he or should would do literally anything. For someone with low scruples it may simply be a large quantity of gold. In the case of very moral people this price could be something impossible like “I want all of my loved ones back from the dead.” The price could also be dark such “the head of the king who executed my father.” Even if you cannot meet the target’s ultimate price, knowing it can help in negotiations. Sometimes the ultimate price could be seemingly against the target’s nature. An evil lich could pine for a lost love of his living days or a kindly person could secretly desire bloody revenge.

Fifth Circle Spells

True Seeing: Subject piercing mundane disguises, darkness, magical darkness, invisibility, polymorphs, blur, displacements, phantasms, and see into the astral plane among other things. Level three and for effects get a resisted roll at +2 difficulty. Level five effects get a resisted roll at +1 difficulty.

Improved Floating Eyes (Floating Eyes): As floating eyes, but your other divination spells work through the eyes and there is no disorientation effect for multiple views.

Scalenex
2018-06-09, 01:57 PM
Enchantment Charm Spells

Unless otherwise stated, targets must be in line of sight within Charisma x 10 yards.

First Circle Charm Spells

Charm Person: Humanoid target becomes caster’s friend, resisted with Willpower.

Sleep: Target falls asleep. Resisted with target’s Willpower + Stamina.

Hypnotism: Fascinates one target per success, resisted with Willpower. Attacking the target breaks the spell.

Daze^: Target loses next action. Resisted with Willpower. Extra successes do not increase effect.
Compulsion: Target has compulsion to take an action that does not cause direct harm such as dropping what they are carrying, or bursting into laughter. Resisted with Willpower.

Second Circle Charm Spells

Touch of Idiocy (Compulsion): Touch attack inflict damage against Intelligence, Perceptions and Wits that lasts a number of hours per success, resisted by Willpower.

Heroism: One target per two successes (round up) gains one temporary die of all abilities per scene.

Hold (Daze): Humanoid target is paralyzed for two turns per net success. Resisted by Willpower.

Despair (Compulsion): Cone attack inflicts one die penalty on several targets, resisted by Willpower.
Third Circle Charm Spells

Improved Charm (Charm): Like Charm Person but it works on humanoids. If used on a humanoid resisted roll is at +1 difficulty.

Rage: One target per two successes rounded up. Subjects half wound penalties, gains a die of Strength, and a bonus die of Willpower (for rolls no points). Dodges and parries are +1 difficulties.
Improved Sleep (Sleep): One target per success falls asleep. Resisted with target’s Willpower + Stamina.

Geas (Compulsion): Target is compelled to undertake an action or refrain from an action as long as it’s not suicidal. Effect persists for three days per net success. Resisted by Willpower.
Dominate (Charm): This only works on humanoids. Resisted by Willpower. Subject is telepathically controlled by caster for one day per net success. Performing an action utterly against the subject’s nature will prompt a new Willpower roll at -1 difficulty).

Fourth Circle Charm Spells

Improved Hold (Hold): As Hold but it works on non-humanoid targets. Humanoid target’s resist with Willpower at +1 difficulty.

Improved Despair (Despair): Cone attack inflicts two die penalty on several targets, resisted by Willpower. A successful Willpower roll only halves the effect.

Mental Enfeeblement (Despair): Like touch of Idiocy but it doesn’t require a touch attack, damage is doubled and lasts for days per net success instead of hours per total successes.
Improved Heroism (Heroism): Like Heroism, but the bonuses are doubled.

Power Word Stun^ (Hold, Daze): Creature is stunned for two rounds. If they fail a resisted Willpower roll, they are stunned for four rounds. If they fail a resisted Willpower + Stamina roll they are stunned for six rounds (roll together, add Stamina if first roll is failed).

Fifth Circle Charm Spells

Mass Charm (Charm, Improved Charm): As Charm but with ten times the range. Affect three humanoids per success rolled. Target’s resist with Willpower at +1 difficulty.

Mass Sleep (Sleep): As sleep but it effects three humanoid targets or one nonhumanoid target per success.

Power Word Blind^: Creature is blinded for three rounds. If they fail a resisted Willpower roll, they are stunned for six rounds. If they fail a resisted Willpower + Stamina roll they are blinded for a month, add Stamina if first roll is failed).
Confusion (Compulsion, Touch of Idiocy): Target becomes confused. Resisted with Willpower at +1 difficulty.

First Circle Spells

Ghost Sounds^: Create simple unintelligible illusory sounds. One minute per success.

Silent Image: Create a visual illusion with no sound or movement. Until concentration stops.

Ventriloquism^: Make your speech come from another location. One minute per success.

Disguise Self: Change caster’s appearance for 20 minutes per success.

Alter Magic Aura: Mundane object gains a fake magical aura for one day per success.

Blur: Caster is +1 difficulty to hit. Lasts one minute per success.

Second Circle Spells

Invisibility: Target becomes invisible for 15 minutes per success. Target become visible if they take an aggression action.

Noisy Image (Silent Image, Ghost Sound): Create a moving illusion with some simple sounds. Lasts until concentration ceases.

Mirror Image (Blur): Creates a duplicate of caster per success. Attacks on caster are randomized between different selves, illusory duplicates only have one health level and no soak. Lasts one minutes till success or until all the duplicates are killed.

Illusory Script: Magically code writings against unintended recipients for two days per success, resisted with Willpower. Lasts two days per success.

Dream: Caster can send a one-way message to another person in a dream.

Magic Mouth (Ventriloquism): Spell is permanent until a specific triggering event causes a message to be replayed. It can appear out of thin air or be superimposed on a painting or statue to make the item look like it is talking. The spell takes material components worth about 10 gold.

Third Circle Spells

Expanded Invisibility (Invisibility): Invisibility for one target per success. Targets become visible if they take an aggression action. Last 15 minutes per success.

Seeming (Disguise Self): As disguise self but it is not limited to the caster and effects two targets per success. Lasts 20 minutes per success.

Object Seeming (Silent Image): Object looks like something else of roughly the same size for one hour per success

Complete Image (Silent Image, Ghost Sound, Noisy Image): Illusion image has complex sounds, movements, produces heat, and odor. Ceases when concretion ends.

Illusory Wall (Silent Image): Creates a section of illusory wall, ceiling or floor that looks normal but may be passed through. This spell is permanent until the caster wills it away or the spell is dispelled.
Hallucinatory Terrain (Silent Image): Alters the terrain of an area for six hours per success.

Fourth Circle Spells

Combat Invisibility (Invisibility): Target becomes invisible and spell is not broken if the target makes an attack.

Lasting Image (Silent Image, Ghost Sound, Noisy Image, Complete Image): Illusion image has complex sounds, movements, produces heat, and odor. Illusion lasts for one week per success rolled.

Project Image (Mirror Image, Complete Image): Creates an illusory double of the caster that speaks, moves, and can cast illusory spells for ten minutes per success.

False Scrying (Scrying, Scrying Ward): Create a false image against hostile scrying.

Fifth Circle Spells

Mass Invisibility (Invisibility, Expanded Invisibility): As Expanded invisibility but it affects three targets per success and lasts 30 minutes per success.

Programed Image (Silent Image, Ghost Sound, Noisy Image, Complete Image): Illusion image has
complex sounds, movements, produces heat, and odor. Illusion responds to stimuli in a matter set by the caster. Illusion lasts for one week per success rolled.

Duplicitous Invisibility (Invisibility, Combat Invisibility, Project Image): As invisibility, but spell simultaneously creates an illusory double of the caster which acts as the caster wishes for one minute per success.

Veil (Seeming, Disguise Self): Caster can change the appearances of ten targets per success, Lasts one hours per success.

Necromancy Spells

First Circle Spells

Disrupt Undead: Inflict successes in lethal damage on a nearby undead target. Undead get their normal soak as if they were attacked with a weapon.

Cause Fear: Target is inflicted with magical fear, resisted by Willpower. If the target loses their contested roll by three or more success, the target flees. Otherwise target is shaken getting a one die penalty on rolls.

Chill Touch: Touch attack inflicts half successes in lethal damage, rounded down on a living target. This bypasses nonmagical armor.

Gentle Repose: Preserves corpse for two days per success

Deathsight: Assess one target per success. Learn status of curses, damage, disease and the like.

Second Circle Spells

Ray of Enfeeblement (Chill Touch): Ranged touch attack inflicts one die of Strength damage per two successes rounded down. A targeted cannot be affected by this spell twice in one day. This cannot take a character’s Strength below zero

Immobilize Undead (Disrupt Undead): Paralyze Undead for one turn per success. Free willed undead may resist with Willpower. Undead with Turning Resistance get half their rating added to their resistance roll.

Create Lesser Undead: Creates low tier undead like skeletons and zombies. This takes ten minutes to cast and about 25 gold pieces worth of material components per creature animated. Re-animating a destroyed zombie or skeleton takes 100 gold pieces worth of material components

Burst of Pain (Cause Fear): Attack inflicts horrible pain on one subject. Resisted with Willpower. Subjects who fail, gain three dice of wound penalties on top of any wounds they already possess.

Third Circle Spells

Blindness/Deafness: Subject is struck blind or deaf for one month per success or until cured by magic. Resisted with Stamina + half target’s Willpower rounded down.

Vampiric Touch (Chill Touch): Touch attack inflicts half successes in lethal damage, rounded down on a living target. This bypasses non-magical armor. Caster heals damage equal to health levels inflicted.

Create Undead (Create Lesser Undead): Create ghouls, wights or other beings on this tier. Material components takes 100 gold pieces per creature.

Inflict Disease (Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement): Touch attack inflicts targets with a disease.

Fourth Circle Spells

Wave of Pain (Burst of Pain, Cause Fear): Attack inflicts horrible pain on one subject per success rolled plus one. Resisted with Willpower at +1 difficulty. Subjects who fail, gain three dice of wound penalties on top of any wounds they already possess.

Blight (Inflict Disease): Inflict aggravated damage equal to successes rolled to a number of plant creatures equal to successes rolled. Alternatively it kills mundane plants within a ten foot radius per success.

Speak With Dead (Gentle Repose): A corpse telepathically answers one simple question per success rolled. Answers may be cryptic or overly literal especially if it was something closely guarded or the living person was an enemy. This uses a residual memory in the corpse and does not affect the spirit of the deceased. Material coponents cost about 50 gold pieces.

Void Shield: One target per success is warded against negative energy letting them survive in the Void and letting them counter all Necromancy and negative energy based attacks with their Willpower.

Enervation: Ranged touch attack inflicts successes in aggravated damage.

Fifth Circle Spells

Create Greater Undead (Create Lesser Undead, Create Undead): Create Shadows and or other beings on this tier.

Energy Drain (Ray of Enfeeblement, Enervation): Inflict aggravated damage per success and loss of attributes equal to half the successes rolled. This cannot be soaked or blocked.
Undeath to Death (Disrupt Undead): Inflict unsoakable aggravated damage equal to successes on a number of targets equal to successes.

Command Undead (Disrupt Undead, Hold Undead): Caster gains complete control over undead for 30 minutes per net success resisted by Willpower and Turn Resistance if any. If the undead has no free will or turn resistance, target gains control of one target per success.

Soul Prison: A soul of a recently deceased person (less than an hour) is bound into a gem or a mirror worth at least 1000 gold pieces. This spell is permanent. A holder can roll Manipulation + Necromancy to force an imprisoned soul to answer a question once per day resisted by Willpower. The imprisoned soul can answer questions of her own free will if she wants. A variant of this spell can create liches (with a lot of prep work).

Transmutation Spells

First Circle Spells

Feather Fall^: Slow down a fall enough to land safely.

Animate Rope: Animate rope to tie knots, trip enemies, rig a ship or do other things animate ropes do. 10 minutes per success.

Expeditious Retreat: Doubles caster’s base speed for 10 minutes per success.

Jump: Caster gains five dice on all jumping rolls for one minute per success.

Magic Weapon: Mundane weapon does one extra die of damage.

Darkvision: Target can see 60 feet in total darkness. At five successes this is doubled to 120 feet.

Spider Climb: Target Reduce all climb difficulties by -4 for 20 minutes per success. Target can “climb” upside down at difficulty 7.

Faerie Gold: Worthless items looks like something valuable for one hour per success. Leaves can turn into gold coins or rags can turn into an elegant dress. Contact with cold iron breaks the enchantment early. This spell and how to break it is common knowledge, at least among most merchants and traders who usually carry a cold iron ingot.

Spirit Arrows: Caster conjures a bow for three turns per success. An arrow appears whenever he wants it while the spell persists. Otherwise these are normal arrows (though they disappear when the spell ends).

House Hold Transmuting: Spell cleans floors, dishes, and the like. Mends minor tears in items. Applies paint, etc.

Second Circle Spells

Fly (Feather Fall): Target flies for 10 minutes per success.

Water breathing: Target gains the ability to breathe water for one hour per success (or the ability to breathe air if they are a merfolk or something similar).

Flame Arrow (Spirit Arrows): Up to one target per success gains magical flaming arrows that inflict three levels of lethal damage on top of normal arrow damage.

Haste (Expeditious Retreat): Two targets per success get +1 dot of Dexterity for ten minutes per success.

Slow: Two targets per success get +1 difficulty on all Dexterity rolls for ten minutes per success.

Shrink Item: description pending

Gaseous Form: Caster takes a gaseous form for three turns per success, immune to most normal forms of damage, but casting spells is out of the question until the spell expires or he cancels it. Caster can float at his walking speed.

Third Circle Spells

Self Polymorph: description pending

Stoneshape: description pending

Social Augmentation: Target gains one dot of a social attribute of the caster’s choice per success, lasting 15 minutes per success. You can take it all in one attribute or spread the successes out. Clothing actually changes slightly with the target. Raising Manipulations tends to make clothes more ordinary seem nonthreatening and raising Appearance tends to make clothing more luxurious and flattering.
Maximum is the target’s normal trait maximum plus two. Raising an attribute above the maximum usually makes the target stand out as being obviously magically enhanced.

Physical Augmentation: Target gains one dot of a physical attribute of the caster’s choice per success. You can take it all in one attribute or spread the successes out. Maximum is the target’s normal trait maximum plus two. Each dot of Stamina provides an extra Bruise level. Clothes and armor change slightly with the target so no one rips their shirts growing new muscles.
Maximum is the target’s normal trait maximum plus two. Raising an attribute above the maximum usually makes the target stand out as being obviously magically enhanced.

Mental Augmentation: Target gains one dot of a mental attribute of the caster’s choice per success. You can take it all in one attribute or spread the successes out.

Fourth Circle Spells

Overland Flight (Fly): Targets can fly for one hour per success

Beneficial Polymorph: description pending

Animal Growth: description pending

Ghost Form: Caster becomes incorporeal for two minutes per success rolled.

Fifth Circle Spells

Baleful Polymorph: description pending
Mass Social Augmentation (Social Augmentation): As social augmentation but it affects two targets per success.

Mass Physical Augmentation (Physical Augmentation): As physical augmentation but it affects two targets per success.

Mass Mental Augmentation (Mental Augmentation): As mental augmentation but it affects two targets per success.

Flesh to Stone: description pending

Move Earth: Creates trenches and earth mounds.

Scalenex
2018-06-09, 02:23 PM
One beloved thing in White Wolf games is Merits and Flaws. These represent traits that are difficulty to reflect with the basic dots. Merits subtract from your freebie point total. Flaws add to your freebie point total. I came up with a bunch.

Merits and Flaws

Advanced Training Merits

Shield Proficiency (1): You can use shields with no penalty.

Mounted Archery (2): You get half the usual penalty for ranged attacks from atop a moving horse. +1 difficulty for a walking horse. +2 difficulty if the horse is moving at a trot or faster.

Arrow Deflector (3): You can use a melee weapon deflect thrown weapon attacks against you with a difficulty 6 parry. You deflect arrows at difficulty 7. You need Melee, and Wits of at least 3 to qualify.

Blind Fighting (3): When fighting blind or against an invisible opponent, the penalty is only +2 instead of +3. You need to have Alertness and Wits of 3 to qualify.

Horde Fighter (4): Your penalty for fighting multiple opponents is halved. You need to have a Brawl or Melee of 3 and Wits 3 to qualify.

Living Weapon (4): You never suffer a penalty to Brawl when fighting against an armed opponent. You need to have a Brawl and Wits of 3 to qualify for this.

Pain Tolerant Concentration (4): Wound penalties are halved (round up) when casting spells. You need a Stamina of 3 and a Willpower of 5 to qualify.

Practiced Silent Caster (3/4): You receive a +1 difficulty penalty when forgoing verbal components while casting divine or arcane spells rather than the usual +2 difficulty. For four points you get the reduced difficulty for casting both divine and arcane spells (assuming you can cast both).

Practiced Still Caster (3/4): You receive a +1 difficulty penalty when forgoing somatic components while casting divine or arcane spells rather than the usual +2 difficulty. For four points you get the reduced difficulty for casting both divine and arcane spells (assuming you can cast both).

Arrow Catcher (5): You can use your hands to deflect thrown weapon attacks against you with a difficulty 7 parry. You deflect arrows at difficulty 8. If you beat the attack roll by two successes you can catch the projectile. You need Brawl, and Wits of at least 4 to qualify.

Sneak Attack! (5): You do an additional +2 damage in close quarters combat when attacking an unaware opponent, an opponent who is immobilized, an opponent who is flanked, or when striking with a dagger while grappling. You need to have Dexterity and Wits of 3 to qualify.

Physical Merits

Cat Napper (1): You need about eight hours of sleep a day to function normally but it doesn’t have to be all at once.

Hollow Leg (1): Your character gets -2 difficulty on Stamina rolls related to holding your liquor in.

Ambidextrous (2): Your character doesn’t suffer a penalty when wielding a weapon or tool in his offhand.

Tough (6): Your character has an extra bruise level

Insensible to Pain (7): Your character never suffers wound penalties until your reach incapacitated (you get a mere -2 dice penalty then).

Physical Flaws

Sterile/Barren (1): Your character can never have children, and is from a cultural upbringing that expects and encouraging having children.

Puny (1): Your character is not a gnome, but gets all the penalties (and bonuses) of being small. +1 penalty Strength rolls, -1 difficulty on Stealth rolls, +1 difficulty to hit, reduced carrying capacity and a grappling penalty of +1

No taste (2): Your character either has no sense of taste or everything tastes the same, badly. Maybe everything is very salty, tastes rotten, or tastes like wet paper. Eating is a chore and you probably barely eat enough to function healthily. Detecting unsafe foods or poisons is very difficult. This is a common flaw for supernatural pacts (your patron tastes what you do not by proxy)

Delicious Aroma (3): Most predators will attack you first. Social rolls with sapient monsters known to eat humanoids are at +2 difficulty. Tracking rolls to find you by scent are at -1 difficulty. On the plus side, dogs probably like you and won’t bite too often.

One Eye (3): Your character is either missing an eye, or is blind in one eye. +1 difficulty Alertness rolls that rely primarily on sight. +1 difficulty ranged attacks rolls.

One Hand (3): You have one hand. You are assumed to be practiced using your remaining hand, but you receive a +1 difficulty penalty on actions that normally require two hands. You can still attach a hook, weapon or even a shield to your stump.

No Natural Healing (3): Your character cannot heal wounds without magical or psionic assistance.

Uncanny Appearance (1-4): Your character has a very distinctive physical feature. Your character may be good looking, average looking, or ugly depending on how many dots you have in Appearance, but your character is not easily forgettable.
1 Eyes have heterochromia, distinctive facial scar, pre-natural silver hair
2 Silver eyes, covered in ritual scars, purple hair
3 Horns or a tail that is somewhat concealable
4 Hideous supernatural mark that cannot be concealed. Your eyes are empty dark sockets that you can somehow sea out of. You are covered in scales or fur.

Infirm (4): Your soak pool against all forms of damage is always one die less, even if you are wearing armor or using magical defenses. Stamina rolls to resist poison and disease are at -1 difficulty.

Thin-Skinned (5): Your character has one fewer bruise level than normal.

Mental Merits

Light Sleeper (1): You wake up very quickly and easily waking automatically if an obvious danger. Roll Perception + Alertness to wake up against stealthy dangers like someone sneaking to kill you in your sleep. You suffer no penalties when acting with less sleep than normal, provided you do not forgo your normal sleep for several nights in a row.

Common Sense (1): The game master is obligated to warn you if you are about to take an action that violates common sense.

Code of Honor (2): You are devoted to a code of honor to such an extent that your receive -1 on Willpower rolls to resist compulsions to violate your code. Players who do not roleplay their code of honor well may lose this merit.

Eidetic Memory (3): Your character has a near photographic memory. If he is trying to remember something really minor detail or relay several pages of text perfectly you need to roll Intelligence (difficulty 6) to recall it. You need to have least 3 in every mental attribute to take this Merit.

Pain Tolerance (3): You can ignore wound penalties for a scene by spending a Willpower point as opposed to ignoring wound penalties for a mere turn like most characters.

Mental Flaws

Deep Sleeper (1): Your character sleeps like the dead. Alertness rolls to wake up early are +2 difficulty. If you have to wake up before your normal eight hours, you have a two-dice penalty to all actions for the first scene.

Frustrated Artist (1): Must have three dots of Expression, Crafts, or Performance. You need to practice your art at least once a week or get a +1 penalty for all social and mental rolls until you get your fix. Your character nearly always hates his own work no matter how excellent it is.

Speech Impediment (1): You have a +1 difficulty on social rolls when dealing verbally with characters who do not know you especially well.

Illiterate (2): You cannot read or write.

Loose Lipped (2): You need to roll Willpower during lengthy social interactions to avoid blurting out embarrassing secrets.

Short Temper (2): You need to pass a Willpower roll when insulted to avoid going on the offensive. This does not have to be a literal offense involving pulling weapons or swinging fists. In a social situation going on the offensive could mean throwing a drink in someone’s face or delivering a scathing retort.

Amnesia (2+): Your character has no memory of the time before his/her adulthood or some other specified event, most likely the time you got your supernatural powers. Two points means you basically do not know where you came from. For more points the Storyteller gets to pick nasty surprises for you.

Insane (3): You have a derangement of some sort that can be partially suppressed by Willpower.

Phobia (1-3): You have to make a Willpower roll to avoid panicking when confronted with the object of your phobia. Flaw value depends on how common the phobic trigger is and how high the Willpower difficulty is.

Social Merits

Agent of the Crown (1): Your character is not a knight, but you do have an official position of some sort that gives you some clout at least within the realm of one noble or nation when carrying out a specific duties of some sort.

Apseldian Citizen (1): Must be a Half-Elf or Gnome. Your character can vote in the Appseldian Senate and may legally address the assembly for ten minutes on any topic you want (though no one has to listen or agree with you).

Esteemed Ancestor (1): You are a direct descendant from a hero of yore. This can give you social proof in some circles.

Coven Member (2): Must be an arcane caster. You are a member of a coven or magic circle. The coven has a parcel of land answerable to a feudal lord. This gives you access to mentors, libraries, and a voice within at least one noble court, but you are required to take actions on behalf of your coven once in a while.

Holy Order Member (2): Your character is part of a church’s elite order of some kind. Elite Orders vary from priesthood to priesthood, but you can expect a warm welcome in most distant temples or in nations where your priesthood is politically powerful. You do not have to be a divine caster or priest to be part of a holy order. You could be a soldier, clerk, or spy for instance.

Honorary Dwarf Clan Member (2): Your character is not a Dwarf but was officially adopted as a friend of a Dwarf clan. You get a -1 social difficulty break when dealing with Dwarfs who respect your adopted clan and have some helpful contacts and friends within your adopted clan.

Noble (2): You don’t necessarily have any land or titles, but your character was either born into nobility, or through luck or merit won a place among nobility. That doesn’t mean you can get an audience with every lord and lady, but at least the default response to asking won’t be “How dare you seek entry here, peasant!”

Order of Delas Member (2): You are a member of the Order of Delas, a global network that supports the interests of Gnomes. Most Gnomes you first meet will be inclined to help you if you prove to them you are a member of the order. You do not have to be a Gnome to be inducted into the Order of Delas but you do have to be fluent in Gnomish.

Folk Hero (2): Your reputation among the lower classes of your homeland is very positive. Most peasants will give you basic food and shelter if you ask. As long as their lives aren’t threatened they can provide alibis or keep their secrecy for you.

Priest (2): You need at least two dots of Theology to qualify. Your character can marry people, preside over funerals, bless children and lead weekly worship services. The followers of your religion are likely to ask you for advice and are prone to take your recommendations seriously.

You do not have to be a divine spell caster to be a priest. You do not have to be a priest in order to be a divine spell caster.

Mentor (1-3): You have a mentor who can teach you skills you find valuable and provide assistance in some social situations.

Guild Member (1-3): You are recognized member of a guild and have special rights and privileges as well as potential contacts when in areas where the guild has sway. The merit’s value is based on the power of the guild. A wizard’s guild generally has more clout than a blacksmith’s guild. A nationwide guild has more clout then a guild that doesn’t extend beyond a single city.

Knightly Order member (1-4): You are knight (or some other title) working for your lord or religious organization. You have legal privileges when acting on behalf of your lord in realms where your lord holds sway. The more points you take in this, the more politically powerful your lord is and/or the more leeway your lord gives you.

Social Flaws

Ex-serf (1): Your character used to be a serf. Unlike the ex-slave, it’s a lot easier to disappear into the crowd, but there are probably a least a few places you should not go.

Hated Ancestor (1): You are a direct descendant of a famous villain. This can give you grief in some circles.

Out of Favor (1): You must take the Noble merit. You may walk the halls of power, but you are not fully accepted there. Maybe your character is a bastard of a powerful noble. Maybe you espouse an unpopular political belief. Maybe you are a commoner who married up because you are nouveau riche and/or a noble house wanted your martial or magical prowess at their disposal. Maybe you are trying to live down something embarrassing.

Ex-slave (2): Your character used to be a slave. You probably have scars, a brand, or tattoo marking your former status. Your former master may or may not be hunting you, but your marks probably make interacting with your former master’s culture difficult.
Mistaken Identity (2): You have an uncanny resemblance to a well-known person who may be a criminal, noble, or hero.

Outcast Dwarf (2): Must be a Dwarf. Due to a past dishonor of some sort, you get +1 difficulty on all social rolls with most upstanding members of Dwarf society.

Outcast Gnome (2): Must be a Gnome. Due to a past dishonor of some sort, you get +1 difficulty on all social rolls with most upstanding members of Gnome society.

Oppressor (2): Whether deserved or not, the local peasantry has a strong negative opinion of you. The lower classes are going to show you as much disrespect as they think they can get away with. They will not likely chase after you with torches and pitchfork, but are certainly going to rat out your smallest misdeeds to authority figures and report your whereabouts to anyone who asks them.

Probationary Member (2): You are a defector or deserter a race, nation, tribe, or religious faction that is normally considered an enemy by the predominant society you deal with. People may publically admit that you are an exception to the rule by your words and actions are scrutinized closely.

Uncouth (2): You are from a primitive or barbaric society that is not an enemy of your new society, but your upbringing was uncivilized nevertheless. You get a +1 difficulty on social rolls when dealing with civilized people that do not now you personally.

Wayward Noble (2/4): You must buy the Noble Merit. You were born of the nobility, but are not on good terms with your parents or a significant portion of your house. For two points your character is running away from an arranged marriage or some other unwanted obligation such as being a conscientious objector to your house’s treatment of lower classes. For four points, you are considered a dangerous traitor.

Oath Breaker (2-5): Maybe it was for a good reason but your character broke a sworn oath to a feudal lord, religious order, guild or something similar. Those who know your reputation are likely to display open scorn, and are certainly likely to be predisposed to be disbelieve your promises now. The more points you take in the Flaw, the more people know about your sin.
Contract Marked (3): A thieves’ guild or similar powerful person or group outside the law has put a price on your head.

Criminal Brand (3): Your character is probably a thief or ex-thief though you could have committed some other crime. Whatever your crime was, you were branded visibly with a mark of shame.

Dark Secret (1-3): Your character has an embarrassing or even horrific secret from his/her past, but is almost unknown by those around you, at least for now.

Heretic (1-4): Your character has religious beliefs that put her at odds with the orthodox leaders of her faith. For one point, you are part of an unpopular faction or order, but you do have friends among your fellow heretics. For three points, you are basically an outcast faction of one. Add a point if your heresy is punishable by death.

Anathema (2 or 4): A priesthood believes you are a threat to the True Faith and therefore you must be destroyed. This is worth two points if a cult or fringe group is after you. This Flaw is worth four points if you are marked for death by a global priesthood.

Outlaw (4): A powerful noble house has put a price on your head.

Reputed Infernalist (6): You have a reputation as being a collaborator with Void Demons. This means pretty much every priesthood in the world is out to get you.

Supernatural Merits

Permanent Holy Symbol (1): Your holy symbol is tattooed or branded into your skin. As long as your holy symbol is visible on your body, you can divine magic without carrying a holy symbol.

Draconic Aura (2): Social rolls with Dragons, Kobolds, Chimera, and most Giants are at -1 difficulty.

Fae Touched (2): Social rolls with Fae creatures are at -1 difficulty. They are less likely to treat you as an outsider but are likely to try to involve you in their intrigues.

Greymoria’s Chosen (2): Must be an arcane caster or a divine caster with Greymoria as a patron. Greymoria-friendly monsters treat you as one of their own. -2 on social difficulties with them, but they will probably ask your for favors.

Blessed Health (3): Your deity has granted you immunity to all mundane and most supernatural diseases.

Favored Soul (3): Must be a divine caster. Most divine casters get their magic from training, but you were born with divine power or were gifted with this power from a spirit at a young age. Most Favored Souls are very loyal to their god, but if you turn against your patron, your power cannot be taken away if you grossly transgress you divine patron's beliefs.

Mana Blood (3): You can choose to take an unsoakable level of lethal damage to replenish three points of mana. This damage cannot be healed with magic, only rest.

Living Holy Symbol (3): You can cast divine magic without using your holy symbol.

Spirit Medium (3): You get -1 difficulty on all social rolls involving spirits. Spells that summon spirits are at -1 difficulty.

Eclipse Touched (5): Must take Favored Soul Merit and must be associated with Khemra. Favored Souls of Khemra are rare and by tradition, clerics of Khemra are supposed to defer to Eclipse priests. Eclipse priests are the only Khemra priests allowed to implement major changes in canon law. Most of Khemra’s faithful will be inclined to lick your boots, and will not dare act against you openly. Eclipse Touched who abuse their power can expect passive-aggressive opposition though.

Natural Weapon (3/5): You have a natural weapons that can inflict strength + 1 lethal damage. For five points, it’s retractable or concealable when not in use.

Legendary Attribute (3): You have the capacity to raise one attribute of your choice above your maximum by one point. You still have to pay for it with freebie points or experience.

Animal Companion (4+): You need to be a divine caster with the sphere of Animals. You have an animal companion roughly as powerful as a wolf or hawk. If you want a stronger animal, you need to pay more points. The animal companion receives one fourth of the experience you do. If the animal companion dies, you can replace it with no personal penalty, but it starts with zero experience.

Natural Armor (6): You get an extra soak die against lethal and aggravated damage, stacking with armor and magical augmentation. In most cases this should be paired with the Flaw Distinctive Appearance.

Void Resistant (6): Damage from negative energy attacks and attribute hexes are at half strength against you (rounded down). Demons and undead may leave you alone if you take no action against them (assuming your companions aren’t attacking). Characters who are aware of this resistance may be suspicious of you.

Supernatural Flaws

Always Cold (1): Your character is always cold. Appropriate clothing and shelter will keep you alive, but you always feel cold.

Blood Mark (1): You signed a pact in blood. When you pricked your finger to mark the blood, this wound never healed. Your bandaged finger almost never gives you a penalty, but the perceptive will notice this eventually.

Cassandra Syndrome (1): This has to be paired with supernatural senses or prophetic powers. People don’t believe you when you relay information you received with supernatural means.

Master’s Voice (1): Your character signed a pact. Your master/patron can speak through you either with its own voice or yours, but doesn’t do this often.

Resistant to Divine Healing (1): Divine magic heals you at half the normal rate, rounded down.

Soul is forfeit (1): Your soul belongs to your master. It doesn’t have a mechanical in-game effect but should be roleplayed.

Twisted Reflection (1): Other people see your normal reflection but you see bad things. Maybe your flaws are magnified, maybe you see yourself as a corpse. Whatever it is, it’s not pleasant and you probably avoid mirrors. If you cannot avoid your own reflection, you receive a +1 difficulty penalty on all rolls due to the distraction.

Animal Attractor (2): A certain species of predatory animal tends to follow you around from a respectable distance. They won’t attack or go against their basic nature, but this is still odd. Anyone capable of talking to animals or reading an animals mind will just sense that the animals are waiting for something. You cannot avoid this by moving out of an animal’s natural habitat. If you are followed by wolves and you travel to a warmer client, you may find you are now followed by jackals.

Arcane Focus (2): Must be an arcane caster. You cannot cast arcane magic without using a wand, icon or some exterior focus. It’s not impossible to replace your arcane focus if it’s lost, but it should take at least a full week to craft a new focus.

Alien Humors (2): One of your normal body excretions is abnormal and offputting, but you can hide it most of the time. Maybe your character cries tears of blood or maybe your blood is yellow.

Amorous Power (2): Random strangers fall in love with you often. This is sometimes helpful, but usually not.

Body Switched (2): You made a pact and switched bodies with someone else, possibly taking the body of an aged witch to get her residual powers. This certainly makes interacting with your past friends and family difficult.

Blood Drinker (2): You crave blood, much like a vampire. Animal blood is acceptable, and you don’t have to drink large quantities of blood to survive. You can still eat normal food too.

Bottomless Stomach (2): You made a pact and your master is feeding off…literally. You have to eat roughly double the food normally needed to sustain a healthy member of your race. Even then you never really feel full.

Dark Chorus (2): Your character hears disturbing music in his head. This can wear at the sanity. Also, it imposes a +1 difficulty penalty on auditory based Perception rolls.

Elemental Foe (2): Must be an arcane caster. For whatever reason, “free” elementals are initially hostile rather than initially neutral. Spells to summon or bind elementals are +2 difficulty. To add insult to injury, elementals are more likely to spawn in your wake than other arcane casters.

Emotionally Dead (2): Either your character experiences all emotions muted somewhat or one particularly emotion is completely alien and unreachable to you. Perhaps your faerie lover cursed you to never love again.

Energy Magnet (2): Arcane invocation spell and divine magic from level four and five Wrath are at -2 difficulty against you.

False Prophecies (2): You periodically predict things that will never happen, but no one can convince you they are wrong.

Heirs Endangered (2): Your children are promised to your master in some way, but nothing is stopping your from being celibate and chaste…right?

Luckless (2): You are hopeless at playing cards and dice. Whenever your character is at the mercy of something truly random, he almost always fails or chooses the wrong answer. If you try to outsmart your curse and do the opposite of your initial guess, it turns out your initial guess was right. Fortunately this is in-character. This does not impact dice rolls the player makes.

Monochromatic Vision (2): Your formed a pact and your master took away your color. Your character sees in black and white and cannot distinguish colors at all.

Mystery Pawn (2): Your character was bestowed with supernatural power with no price demanded, but you know your patron does nothing for free. You just do not know what your benefactor intends to gain from investing power in you.

No reflection (2): Your character doesn’t have a reflection. Alternatively your reflection is off in some way for all to see.

Offensive to Animals (2): Animals, especially domesticated animals, react negatively to you out of instinct.

Proxy Spy (2): You made a pact with a supernatural being. Everything you see and hear, your benefactor also sees and hears.

Repulsed by Salt (2): Your character suffers a one-die penalty for a scene after eating especially salty food or if you are covered in salt. You need to pass a Willpower roll to cross a line of salt and suffer five dice of soakable damage (bypassing armor) when crossing a line of salt. Sea water is not a problem. You can carry a box or bag of salt with no problem as long as you don’t touch it.
This is a common flaw for characters that are descended from mortal-spirit couplings or who have frequent working with spirits.

Requires Invitation (2): You cannot enter a home without invitation or you take one unsoakable level of lethal damage every turn. Public places extend an invitation to all by their nature. You can get an invitation under false pretenses with no penalty.

Rip Van Winkle (2): Your character was either in a magical coma, temporarily lost in another plane, brought back from the dead, or lost in a time warp. Everyone and everything you knew from your life before is dead or is least very old, and your knowledge of current events and politics is woefully out of date.

Compulsive Liar (3): Do to a pact or curse, you cannot every speak the whole truth. You can use obvious sarcasm. You can mostly tell the truth and mix in a relatively small lie. If you are targeted by a spell that normally forces the target to tell the truth, you may lie freely or tell the truth as you see fit.

Compulsive Truth Teller (3): Due to a pact or curse, you cannot speak something you know to be untrue. You can say something true sarcastically and imply that the truth is a lie. You can still lie by omission or refuse to speak. If you are targeted by a spell that normally forces the target to tell the truth, you may lie freely.

Divine Probation (3): Your divine caster has transgressed against his deity’s wishes, but has not been cast out entirely. Divine magic is at +1 difficulty until you atone for whatever you did.

Delicious Soul (3): Demons and undead that feed on the living will usually seek you out first in encounters. Tracking rolls for demons and undead with the “Life sense” power work on you at -2 difficulty.
This is a common flaw for divine spell casters and/or those who work with spirits a lot.

Forgettable (3): People overlook your character and forget his face and name. Your adventuring party is probably exempt because they are around you a lot and probably have high Willpower scores, but building relationships with others is difficult at best. This is a common side effect of casters proficient in stealth powers.

Harmed by Sacred Ground (3): You cannot set foot on sacred ground, or you take one unsoakable level of lethal damage every turn. If you are a divine caster you can enter sacred ground specifically sacred to your divine patron. If you are an arcane caster and have a patron, you can enter your master’s sacred ground.

No shadow (3): Your character doesn’t have a reflection which very rarely means anything good in most folklore. Alternatively your shadow acts of its own accord for all to see.

Psionic Magnet (3): Hostile psionics are at -2 difficulty against you. On the plus side, Friendly psionics are at -1 difficulty to benefit you.

Vagabond Curse(3): You mystically compelled have to keep moving. If you sleep more than three nights in the same place you cannot recover Willpower. Worse could happen if you continue to linger.

Vulnerable to Cold Iron (3): Cold iron weapons inflict aggravated damage against you. Touching cold iron inflicts a level of bashing damage which you can soak but do not get to apply armor to. If you want to hold onto a cold iron object, you take one unsoakable level of bashing damage every five minutes you hold it. If you are wearing gloves or gauntlets the damage occurs every ten minutes.
This is a common flaw for characters that are descended from mortal-spirit couplings or who have frequent working with spirits.

Vulnerable to Silver (3): Silver weapons inflict aggravated damage against you. Touching silver inflicts a level of bashing damage which you can soak but do not get to apply armor to. If you want to hold onto a cold iron object, you take one unsoakable level of bashing damage every five minutes you hold it. If you are wearing gloves or gauntlets the damage occurs every ten minutes. If you wear gloves you can handle silver coins without problem as long as you deposit it in your purse or pocket quickly.
While there are far fewer silver weapons out there than cold iron weapons, vulnerability to silver is considered a mark of being unclean or unholy. This is a common flaw for characters that practice a lot of necromancy.

Tithe (1-3): Your arcane master or divine patron requires a monthly offering of some sort. The higher the flaw value, the more difficult the offering is to provide. Missing your tithe adds a +1 difficulty to all spellcasting for each offering you fail to deliver until amends are made.

Impervious to Divine Healing (4): Your character cannot heal with divine magic at all.

Nightmares (4): Your character has horrible nightmares almost every time she sleeps. Regaining Willpower by sleeping is impossible. You can only gain Willpower from accomplishing things.

Permanent Wound (4): Your character starts three health levels in lethal damage down every day. You can heal this with magic, but it will return the next day. If you do not heal this, you will not continue to take additional damage each day, and your permanent wound will not become infected from not being treated.

Repulsive to Children (4): Children hate you instinctively, either hiding from you or seeking to torment you in some way. No one is understanding or sympathetic to you if you retaliate in anyway.

Gorum
2018-07-21, 02:45 AM
Search for Dungeon: The Dragonning 40k