PDA

View Full Version : Adventure League Module Recommendations

GWJ_DanyBoy
2018-05-31, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know of a good AL module that has a lot of social, diplomatic, intrigue or exploring encounters? Basically I'm looking for something light on combat and dungeon crawling for a change of pace for my group. I'm running a group by AL rules so it needs to be an official module.

Specifically, I've been running a group through Tale of the Yawning Portal and we've just finished Forge of Fury. The party is a bit under-leveled however, so before we start Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan I wanted to do a bit of an interlude so that they can get a bit more XP. Currently the party is 5 PCs of 3rd-4th level and I'd like to get them all to 4th-5th level. And since TotYP is nearly pure dungeon crawling, I'd really like a change of pace before we dive into another dungeon.

Thanks for your help, any insights are appreciated.

Unoriginal
2018-05-31, 09:58 AM
Tomb of Annihilation isn't light in combat, but it has a lot of exploration (everywhere) and plenty of social in one area (arguably more depending on your choices), as well as some diplomacy/intrigues. You can completely avoid dungeoneering until the last quarter of the adventure.

However, there is no module that correspond to what you want, I think. Even in ToA or SKT the social/intrigue is not the main part of the module, or at least not how the story is going to reach its climax.

Why are you following AL rules, though? Is it an official AL group?

GWJ_DanyBoy
2018-05-31, 10:02 AM
Some of my players, and myself, play in AL leagues, so we're running this as an AL group so they can use their PCs elsewhere and I can apply the DM rewards to my other games.