PDA

View Full Version : Future Book Idea Based on Happy Fun Hour and My Personal Hopes

Personification
2018-05-31, 11:09 AM
So, back when the Mystic was called the Mystic (it might still be, but poll says Psion), I had an idea that the "author" of the book where the psionic content could be published could be X the Mystic (of the Guide to Dungeon Survival). The sections of the book would be:

*Using Your Brain

*Mystic (now Psion) class
*Psionic subclasses from MMHFH
*Psionic spell list
*Who's Brain is it Anyway?

*Mindflayer stuff (Volo's reprint?)
*Gith Stuff (MToF reprint?) including playable
*Aboleths
Thri-Keen?
*Other psionic monsters and races
*Outsmarting the Dungeon

*A list of evil tricks and trap ideas for DMs
*A list of tricks for the paranoid PC (including the full Guide to Dungeon Survival)
*A list of obscure Psionics-boosting magic items
*A list of obscure magic items for the extremely paranoid (e.g. 10-foot pole that can activate the shield spell and/or misty step when the thing being poked inevitable turns out to be a cloaker
*Dungeon map templates

I would like the opinions of the Playground, as well as to see what you would like to see in a book, and I can't think of a good title.

Grod_The_Giant
2018-05-31, 12:58 PM
I would enjoy a book like that.

the_brazenburn
2018-05-31, 03:05 PM
Sounds fun. I'd definitely buy that.

I think Mearls and Crawford have a Twitter channel where they take suggestions from fans. I'd advocate for this being suggested to the real WotC, since random forum-goers can't do much except say "Great! Cool! That sounds neat!"

Personification
2018-05-31, 10:22 PM
Sounds fun. I'd definitely buy that.

I think Mearls and Crawford have a Twitter channel where they take suggestions from fans. I'd advocate for this being suggested to the real WotC, since random forum-goers can't do much except say "Great! Cool! That sounds neat!"

I don't actually intend to suggest this (plus I don't have a Twitter account), I really only wanted to post it so that random forum goers can say "Great! Cool! That sounds neat!"

RazDelacroix
2018-05-31, 10:57 PM
Sounds adorably awesome! My only lament is that I have a difficult time of thinking of a perf- MINSC AND BOO STAND READY TO MAKE GREAT BOOK ON BRAINS!!! The forward will have SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!