PDA

View Full Version : Half tiefling/halfling race

MariktheDragon
2018-05-31, 03:26 PM
Ok i posted this in Homebrew design with no response so i am hopeful to get help here, i am looking to make a half breed of a tiefling and halfling and keep the LA at +1 cause i'm looking to add the winged creature template to it for a total LA of +2 since my DM is only allowing +2 la or lower, any help is appreciated

Pronounceable
2018-05-31, 03:27 PM
Call it a lingling. Your DM should then give up and give you whatever you want.

MariktheDragon
2018-05-31, 03:31 PM
I am just trying to find a way to have a tiefling that's small but the height of a female tiefling is 4'11 or taller

MariktheDragon
2018-05-31, 03:55 PM
That actually works i'll just have to look at feats for horns and a tail

Extra Anchovies
2018-05-31, 04:27 PM
Winged Creature has LA +2 in Savage Species. Is there another printing of the template with only +1? Or, does "only allowing +2 la or lower" limit only LA of individual templates/races and not the total LA from all sources?

You could take one level of the Half-Fiend template class (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20031010a), if official web supplements are allowed.

Tiefling is an unimpressive LA +1 (really, if all its features were in the first level of a class, would it be an appealing dip?) and would be decent if all of its features (except size) could be applied as a template to another player race. Failing that, small size is consistently treated as neither better nor worse than medium size so a tiefling resized to small with otherwise as-written features would be well in the realm of reasonable variants.

MariktheDragon
2018-05-31, 04:40 PM
Well crude i missread the la of the winged creature template i read the cr adjustment and just from books no web templates and such

Thurbane
2018-05-31, 05:18 PM
Winged Lesser Planetouched (Wispling) would be LA +2 (if allowed); take some Infernal/Fiendish heritage feats to give yourself a more "lower planes" appearance?

Alternatively, play a Fire Mephling, and when you have enough cash, get the Fiendish Wings graft. They're only LA +1, so that leaves room for another LA +1. They look pretty much what I would imagine a Tiefling/Halfling hybrid to look like:

http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/images/planar_gallery/82505.jpg

The Air Mephling comes with wings built in, but doesn't look very fiendish...

MariktheDragon
2018-05-31, 05:28 PM
All i can find on the fire mephit is la +3 cohort in the monster manual

Thurbane
2018-05-31, 05:41 PM
All i can find on the fire mephit is la +3 cohort in the monster manual

Sorry, should have provided a reference: Planar Handbook, p.10.

http://i67.tinypic.com/mlnhpy.jpg
Fiendish wings graft can be found in the Fiend Folio (feathered wings p.210 or membranous wings p.211).

DrMotives
2018-05-31, 05:46 PM
The "races" chapter of the planar handbook reads like supermarket checkout pulp cookbook. Want all the flavor of an exotic outsider without all the troublesome LA? Well look at the Mephling, a lo-cal Mephit! Buomman are a fat-free Gith race (sorta)! Bariaur, full centaur taste in a medium-sized portion! Also see our lite-cooking alternatives to Bladelings and Slaadi as well!

MariktheDragon
2018-05-31, 05:59 PM
Interesting so now i have three options to look at

Epic Legand
2018-05-31, 11:06 PM
Take Halfling as the base race, then take 1/2 feind template, if all level based traits are based on racial HD its only worth 2 LA. So spell resit stays at 12, you only get the 1st spell like ability as well.
BUT you get + 18 stat point, tons of energy resistance, wings, NA boost, darkvision, Imm to poison ect and your at LA 2. Everything you asked for plus extra. I think the ruling on the is in the Book of exaulted deeds. Or use Pathfinder teifling, get small for free. ass wings as a feat or 2