PDA

View Full Version : Modify Memory Help

kalos72
2018-06-01, 12:49 PM
I am looking for something that would install a longer section of memory.

I am trying to "close the gap" in a constructs memory to make the transition from construct to human not so 'clunky".

I am taking a sim of a human NPC in Krynn and moving them to Toril. All the original will know is I am NAME and live in Palanthus. The sim, will have the exact same memory. So when they wake up in Neverwinter in FR, WTF? I am trying to find a reasonable way to make that transition plausible.

I was thinking the original goes to sleep in Krynn, make the sim and then modify memory to add some reasoning for the change of scenery or something...

I am out of options here....no clue how to make this work.

Bronk
2018-06-01, 02:51 PM
I am looking for something that would install a longer section of memory.

I am trying to "close the gap" in a constructs memory to make the transition from construct to human not so 'clunky".

I am taking a sim of a human NPC in Krynn and moving them to Toril. All the original will know is I am NAME and live in Palanthus. The sim, will have the exact same memory. So when they wake up in Neverwinter in FR, WTF? I am trying to find a reasonable way to make that transition plausible.

I was thinking the original goes to sleep in Krynn, make the sim and then modify memory to add some reasoning for the change of scenery or something...

I am out of options here....no clue how to make this work.

I'm not sure of the order you're doing things here, or why, but A: it would be easier to modify the memory of the original so that both the original and the simulacrum had the same memory afterwards, and B: there is a more powerful memory spell, 9th level, in the Book of Vile Darkness, with the word "Mind" in the title. I don't like typing the full name, especially at work, but there you go.

I'm not sure why you need the memory to be changed anyway though... if you're just using the simulacrum, they already follow your orders, so you can just tell it to do what you need it to do.

kalos72
2018-06-01, 03:51 PM
I get your point on the spell....thank you.

As to the timing, I plan on then taking the sim and Incarnate him to turn human again and I dont want there to be a gap or anything.

"I am not sure how i got here, I just follow the Master." seems odd... :)

unseenmage
2018-06-02, 08:17 AM
The Programmed Amnesia spell could do what you want.

kalos72
2018-06-02, 12:26 PM
I missed that one, good call. That will fit the bill perfectly. Thanks!

Bronk
2018-06-02, 02:58 PM
The Programmed Amnesia spell could do what you want.

Whoa, that is definitely a superior spell... Weird that it does pretty much the same thing as that other one, but isn't inherently evil!

Venger
2018-06-02, 03:40 PM
Whoa, that is definitely a superior spell... Weird that it does pretty much the same thing as that other one, but isn't inherently evil!

spells getting alignment descriptor's a total crapshoot. mechnanically, it's permanent instead of instantaneous, so winks out in an amf, and it can be undone by greater restoration.