PDA

View Full Version : My Hobbit rolls dice for people. Yay/Nay?

KeilFX
2018-06-01, 07:13 PM
Milburrey O'Fukyt, my Lightfoot Halfling, is a 4th level Wizard (Diviner), 1st level Bard.
6 Str, 13 Dex, 14 Con, 9 Wis, 16 Int , 16 Cha.

He's currently in a pretty fast and loose campaign, where the DM threw cool crap at us, a tonne of gold, and some scary enemies (I guess he was bored playing the lvl1 attrition/survival style campaigns). The main theme of this character is, help your friends with the rolls that effect them, while still maintaining my Wizardiness. Halfling Luck + Portent + Bardic Inspiration + Lucky is upwards of >8 dice manipulations per rest~

The trick is, I feel I need some action economy-friendly ways to protect myself (Haste is kinda clunky on a squishy Wizard). If I Hold Person the boss (making it auto-fail with Portent) to set up for our Paladin to Crit-Smite, the rest of the enemies just focus on me (there goes all my HP, let alone my concentration). Perhaps there can be some interplay between my character spreading benefits all around, and other PCs giving me assistance.

My character has about every spell of lvl1 - lvl3 written in his spellbook (and his 2 backups... Yeah we started with a mountain of gp). So any ideas would be appreciated.

The lvl1 Bard spells I have are Cure Wounds and Healing Word, Bane and Charm Person.