PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars SWSE Converting passenger quarters to cargo space

The Random NPC
2018-06-01, 08:35 PM
Are there any rules for converting passenger quarters to cargo space? Like the cost in credits and EP?

Pleh
2018-06-08, 05:35 AM
Yes. Starships of the Galaxy Chapter 3 has rules on Ship Modifications along with the rules for a Ship's Emplacement Points, Cost of Modifications, Cost Factor for Size, and everything else.

Basically, the rules would say remove the Passenger Quarters at no cost, half installation time, and you can sell the parts at 1/4 their purchase cost if you wish. Then you gain 10 EP for your Cargo Space. You get [EP x Cost Factor] tons of Cargo Space (seemingly at no particular cost as I expect Cargo Space is just a bare room). So if it's a YT-1300 (for example) you'll get 10x5= 50 tons of extra Cargo Space (and lose the passenger space).

The Random NPC
2018-06-08, 06:15 PM
I'd actually found those rules, but since there wasn't any specific cost to getting cargo, I wanted to make sure. Also, I'm converting a Y164 Thalassian Slave Transport into a cargo ship.

Pleh
2018-06-08, 09:16 PM
Early in the chapter, read the part about how to get more emplacement points.

The book talks about how sacrificing cargo space is a common rebel engineer trick. That's where it says how many emplacement points you get for each ton of cargo you sac.

I take the Accessory table's omission of Cargo to mean that this formula works in reverse and you can convert EP into Tons of Cargo Space.