PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help Me Build A Mob Boss 3.5

Skullruss
2018-06-01, 09:54 PM
What i've got so far includes leadership, extra followers, improved cohort, great diplomat, favored in guild, and guildmaster as my feats, all 5 levels of legendary leader. What else can i do? What base class should i start with? I'm thinking bard/marshal, maybe both for my first 7 levels, then the 5 of LL, but what else is there to do? I will also take the Landlord feat from the stronghold builders guide to establish a base.

P.S. This will likely end up as a PC in Darksun/Athas if that helps at all.

Venger
2018-06-01, 09:56 PM
i assume you want to keep boosting your leadership and associated abilities. is your str any good? if so, take might makes right. you get to add your str to your leadership score.

AnimeTheCat
2018-06-02, 09:22 AM
What i've got so far includes leadership, extra followers, improved cohort, great diplomat, favored in guild, and guildmaster as my feats, all 5 levels of legendary leader. What else can i do? What base class should i start with? I'm thinking bard/marshal, maybe both for my first 7 levels, then the 5 of LL, but what else is there to do? I will also take the Landlord feat from the stronghold builders guide to establish a base.

P.S. This will likely end up as a PC in Darksun/Athas if that helps at all.

Crusader/Marshal is pretty fun too. If you want The best Mob style tactics, classes like Thrallheard are probably the best and, while not exactly a human mib, the Vermin Lord prestige class takes mobs to a whole new level.

Just occurred to me, you're talking about mob in the mafia sense, not in the large gathering of people/creatures sense... in that case a paladin of Tyranny/Marshal build would probably fit thematically well. LE alignment totally fits the themes presented in a mob, the whole "compliance will be rewarded" endeavor.

Telonius
2018-06-03, 06:55 PM
Villainous Competition 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?420704) had the Crime Lord theme. Only two submissions (on page 2), but you might get some inspiration from there.

Diovid
2018-06-04, 03:56 AM
At least 9 levels of Fighter with the Thug variant (UA) and/or skilled city-dweller (cityscape web enhancement) and the zhentarim substitution levels (champions of valor web enhancement)? Like others have said, you can combine this with 1 or 2 levels of marshal and 3 levels of paladin of tyranny.

Other possibilities:

Might makes right feat
Orc warlord prc
Warchief prc
2 lvls of half-orc paragon
Desert half-orc (half-orc without cha penalty)
Menacing demeanour feat