Level: Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One living creature
Duration: concentration plus 1 minute
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: Yes
You wrack the targets mind with unbearable pain that intensifies as it continues. A will save negates the spell, but no subsequent saves to throw off the spell are given. In the first four rounds, the target can take only a move action each round and moves at half speed. Furthermore, they drop whatever things they were holding in their hands and are unable to begin holding anything without dropping it immediately due to the twitching caused by the pain. All saves, skill checks, and ability checks take a -2 penalty. After these four rounds, in addition to these effects, the target must make a will save to take any action at all. 1d8 rounds after this takes effect, the target falls prone, and is unable to stand up as long as the spell continues. Every minute thereafter, the target must make another will save to avoid taking one point of wisdom damage, and then a fortitude save to avoid taking it instead as permanent wisdom drain. After taking 2 points of wisdom damage, the target must make a fortitude save to avoid becoming permanently blind from the pain.
After ceasing concentration on the spell, it continues suffering its effects for one minute. If any new effects would take place in this time, they continue to do so.

Murderous Impulse
Enchantment (Mind Affecting) [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One living creature
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
You cause a rush of fury and hatred to overwhelm the target. They immediately begin attacking the creature nearest them, excluding yourself and, if they have one, their familiar. They continue attacking with full force for the duration of the spell. They always attack with the most lethal means available to them, and will expend up to half their resources doing so. They do not attack mindlessly and continue using any defenses or healing available to them.
Material Component: A vial of blood from a murdered humanoid.

Mutual Soul Removal
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 full round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) and touch (see text)
Target: One living creature and one willing creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
Placing your right hand on the willing target and pointing at the other target, you utter a few words of power and snuff out both their lives. Given that the creature touched must be willing, it receives no saving throw. Both targets must be conscious. If the spell is not completed, neither target dies. If one target by some means avoids death, the other target does not die. This is a death effect.

Restoration in the Form of a Snake
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 7
Components: F
Casting Time: 1 Immediate action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
You swiftly shed your body as a snake sheds its skin. You are healed of all hit point damage, and regrow all lost body parts. However, you take 1d8 strength damage and 2 negative levels. The old body lays at your feet, mostly intact excluding a split down the front from mouth to the end of the torso.
Focus: A tattoo of a snake made with special inks costing 5000 gold

I'll admit that I'm not the best at guaging spell levels, but that's why I post them, right? I'm almost positive that Restoration in the Form of a Snake needs more compensation, so I need your advice on how to do that. Oh, and more to come, of course.

Macrovore
2007-09-06, 10:06 PM
What's the point of Mutual Soul Removal taking two creatures at once? Wouldn't it be better for it just to remove one soul?

knightsaline
2007-09-06, 10:09 PM
Why does it seem to me that the last spell reminds me of Orochimaru?

Collin152
2007-09-06, 10:22 PM

Cause I needed my ideas to come from somewhere, though I had a similar idea before I read that chapter.

What's the point of Mutual Soul Removal taking two creatures at once? Wouldn't it be better for it just to remove one soul?

Note the lack of saving throw or spell resistance. All you need is someone willing to die, and you can kill anything suceptible to death effects.

Ceiling009
2007-09-06, 11:49 PM
hahaha.... it reminds me of an evil wizard with an army of willing orphans... as... well in a few games I've played... they were less a people, and more of a resource...

Collin152
2007-09-06, 11:57 PM
Way I sees it, one threatens someone into submitting to Mutual Soul Removal using Torment, and if nesecary, Murderous Impulse to convince them you mean buisness. Keep RitFoaS for safety.

Collin152
2007-09-08, 10:42 PM
Man, would I appreciate more feedback, doink doink.

Mewtarthio
2007-09-08, 10:56 PM
MSR's a bit too powerful. There are plenty of people with access to crazed fanatics, not to mention the fact that, if they think you'll win, you can convince them that you've got a clone growing to accept their souls after their sacrifice. Oh, and the whole "Die for me or I kill your family" trick to sacrifice a 1 HD Commoner and off the Tarrasque no-save-no-SR (okay, so you can't really "off" the Tarrasque, but only a fool wouldn't have a wish ready in that case).

Maryring
2007-09-09, 11:37 AM
Murderous Impulse should grant a strong bonus when you would attack someone very dear to you, and should outright fail on someone under the vow of Nonviolence/Peace.

Mutual Soul Removal is too strong to be a regular spell. Anything that kills without a save is too strong.

Torment should have a maximum duration of concentration.

RitFoaS is okay as it is. Just specify if the negative levels are permanent or not, and if you're entitled to a fortitude save after 24 hours to remove it.

Collin152
2007-09-09, 05:58 PM
Murderous Impulse should grant a strong bonus when you would attack someone very dear to you, and should outright fail on someone under the vow of Nonviolence/Peace.

Mutual Soul Removal is too strong to be a regular spell. Anything that kills without a save is too strong.

Torment should have a maximum duration of concentration.

RitFoaS is okay as it is. Just specify if the negative levels are permanent or not, and if you're entitled to a fortitude save after 24 hours to remove it.

I considered giving the save bonus for people close to you, but ultimately decided against it.
Power Word Kill kills without a save, all you need is a target under 100 (right?) hp.
You're right, approximately how long do you think?
Gneerally speaking, when unspecified, negative levels persist for 24 hours and then a fortitude save is required to remove it. This functions as normal, so thats how it works. Exceptions would need mention, but not the norm.

psychoticbarber
2007-09-09, 06:16 PM

It's interesting, I'm reminded of Death Magic from a series of books I read by Lois McMaster Bujold. The book where it mattered was The Curse of Chalion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Curse_of_Chalion).

Of the five gods (Father, Mother, Daughter, Son, and Bastard), the Bastard allowed you to commit murder with magic, but doing so resulted in the death of the user. A demon came and claimed both souls at the same time.

As for the OP, these spells look pretty good. I'll have to see what I can do with them.