PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Draconic Heritage and Dragonblood races

eversilentone
2018-06-02, 09:49 AM
Can Dragonblood races - such as Silverbrow Human - take the Draconic Heritage feat without also taking Sorcerer levels? It has "Prerequisite: Sorcerer level 1st", but I wondered if the Dragonblood subtype had the same effect as the Dragontouched feat in allowing characters to take Draconic Feats as if they were a Sorcerer of their class level?

The subtype sidebar states: "The subtype qualifies a creature to use magic items normally only usable by dragons, and it qualifies the creature to take feats that have the subtype as a prerequisite".

I'll be honest, if it doesn't then I can't quite see the effect of having that subtype?

retaliation08
2018-06-02, 09:55 AM
The feat, Dragontouched, allows one to take heritage feats as a sorcerer of their character level.

I don't think there is any other way to do it without a houserule.

There are some draconic feats that you can take with only the subtype, no dragontouched, or heritage: Dragonfire Inspiration and Draconic Senses come to mind. There may be a couple others, but I am AFB.

Nifft
2018-06-02, 10:02 AM
Initiate of Io also lets you take [Draconic] feats:

You can treat your cleric levels as sorcerer levels for the purpose of qualifying for draconic feats.

You need to be a Cleric 3 to take it.