PDA

View Full Version : I want to make an NPC with class levels but I’m having trouble on the combination

Ralanr
2018-06-03, 03:24 PM
Now I know since 5e isn’t built with PvP in mind, but I had an idea for two NPCs that my party will meet along their travels, which will be enemies of each other.

The first is a high elf archer that’s traveling in secret (elves aren’t liked) to find the hidden magical anchors of the setting that’s locking the plane out of contact with others (was thinking Arcane archer but idk).

The second is a drow that acts as the secret handler of one of the PC’s. He has his own mission to hunt down the elf, and is using one of the PC’s to figure out political issues with other people in the kingdom. Originally I was going to make him go six levels in shadow monk to get shadow teleportation then go a few levels in warlock to abuse darkness and devil sight, but I couldn’t find a combo I liked.

Would anyone care to suggest some builds? Level 10, point buy (I have yet to decide their stats).

CTurbo
2018-06-03, 06:01 PM
High Elf Arcane Trickster Rogue 9/Fighter 1(Archery)
8 Str, 16+2 Dex, 14 Con, 16 Int, 10 Wis, 10 Cha
+2 Dex at lvl 4, Sharpshooter at lvl 8

Drow Gloom Stalker Ranger 4/Shadow Monk 6
9 Str, 17+1 Dex, 14 Con, 8 Int, 15+1 Wis, 10 Cha
+1 Dex and Wis at lvl 4, +2 Wis at lvl 8

JeffreyGator
2018-06-04, 02:28 PM
Both builds provide want strong social skills and may want to especially strong at a non-optimized skill.

I like the first as a horizon walker ranger since the quest for portals seems appropriate to that.
Maybe HW ranger 6 (some sort of bard 4)
Background Charlatan
8 Str, 16+2 Dex, 14 Con, 12 Int, 10 Wis, 14 Cha
+2 Dex and Sharpshooter

Ralanr
2018-06-04, 09:09 PM
Both builds provide want strong social skills and may want to especially strong at a non-optimized skill.

I like the first as a horizon walker ranger since the quest for portals seems appropriate to that.
Maybe HW ranger 6 (some sort of bard 4)
Background Charlatan
8 Str, 16+2 Dex, 14 Con, 12 Int, 10 Wis, 14 Cha
+2 Dex and Sharpshooter

I have been debating straight up HW, didn’t think to add Bard.

Any suggestions for the drow?