PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 2 Druid items

Miz_Liz
2018-06-03, 04:35 PM
Hoping to use these puppies for my new shepherd druid on a high magic campaign, and I would love some feedback

Wondrous item, rare, requires attunement by a druid
This large pendant looks like a bear cub holding tightly to an intricately carved pole. Using a bonus action, the wearer can call forth the spirit of the bear, giving it life. The bear on the pendant comes to life as a tiny creature named Oakpaw. When Oakpaw is sitting on a person's shoulder, they can cast Calm Emotions once per long rest, and creatures that can see Oakpaw have disadvantage on the save.

A full action can be spent to enlarge Oakpaw, making him the size of a regular bear cub (size small). This cub uses the stats of a cat and can deliver non damaging spells as if summoned by "Find Familiar," but it cannot attack and you cannot see through it's eyes. Once Oakpaw has been enlarged, you must take a long rest before doing so again.

Weapon, rare, requires attunement
This intricately carved club is a +1 weapon and always under the effects of the Shillelagh spell. On a critical hit it deals an extra 1d6 radiant damage. The wielder can use a bonus action to cast Light on the head of the club.

My big questions are whether the torchwood club should require attunement, if the radiant damage makes sense (should it be fire?) and I just totally guessed on what rarity either item would be classified under.

nickl_2000
2018-06-04, 07:12 AM
Greenleaf tribal totem

I feel like this item should be an uncommon instead of a rare. It gives you an extremely weakened find familiar spell that can use a cat's stats without a cat's stealth or the ability to see through their eyes, and a second level spell that is an out of combat spell. Also, the touch ability for a Druid is a lot weaker than for a wizard since there aren't nearly as many touch spells for a druid as a w

Also there are a few things missing from here. What happens when the bear cub dies? Does the amulet break, does it return to it's amulet form?

Torchwood club
Yes it should require attunement, I think that it should also only be available to the Druid (since it uses a spell only available to them). I see this as a natural weapon, a club made from a tree that has been struck by lightning and is a gnarled piece of charred wood. I don't see anything holy about it at all, I see it as solely nature related. As such, it would make sense for the extra damage to be fire. The rarity on this one feel right to me.

Ninja_Prawn
2018-06-04, 09:14 AM
Greenleaf tribal totem
Also there are a few things missing from here.

Also how long does the bear stay enlarged? What's the DC for calm emotions (it could either be using your druid spell save DC, or a fixed DC from the totem)? What stats does the bear use when it's tiny? Why does it use the stats for a housecat when small? Cats are tiny.

I agree that this should be uncommon.

You've got it as a wondrous item, but can this be used as a druidic focus? I'd either say so in the body text, or change it to Druidic focus, uncommon (requires attunement by a druid).

Torchwood club
Yes it should require attunement, I think that it should also only be available to the Druid (since it uses a spell only available to them). As such, it would make sense for the extra damage to be fire. The rarity on this one feel right to me.

I concur with everything here.