PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring Leader Feat and Aid Spell combo: can it be combined

Paladinatheart
2018-06-03, 05:15 PM
Once again I have another question concerning the rules concerning Temp Hit Points.

I was running a homebrew adventure with 3 players (just turned level 5). One of the players is a Human Paladin and since he was now level 5 he chose two new spells, one being Aid. He had previously chosen the Inspiring Leader Feat (which he chose for his human character when we made them) to help buff the other players since their HP are low and he is the only healer of the group (other players are Monk, Warlock).

Of course normal encounters they are able to make through, sometimes barely enough but them scraping along actually makes it more fun for them. Well anyways...

Boss battle is coming up and the Paladin casts Aid (ups the players HP by 5 points) then using his inspiring Leadership feat he gives them an additional (lvl 5 + 3 Cha = 8HP). Now the players have an additional 13 HP. I decided to let this work because Aid ups the Hit Points of the characters but the wording doesnt mention anything about Temporary Hit Points even though it kind of acts like Temp Hit Points.

Course in the PHB it states that you cant add two different sets of Temp Hit Points, only one replaces the other. Did I do the right thing by still allowing the Aid Spell and Inspiring Leader feat combo?

Any ideas or comments on the subject would interest me.

Jerrykhor
2018-06-03, 08:43 PM
No reason why they won't work together. Aid adds Max and current HP, which is not the same as Temp HP. I don't see why you should be concerned at all.

werescythe
2018-06-03, 10:38 PM
Like Jerrykhor said, it should work just fine. Admittedly that is a pretty decent combo. :smallbiggrin:

MegenticPull
2018-06-03, 10:50 PM
Yeah for whatever reason Aid does not add THP, but instead increases current and maximum hit points. Hit points from Aid can be healed, and do not interact with THP any differently than a normal hitpoints.

Paladinatheart
2018-06-04, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the reply guys!

:smallsmile: