PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What to play what to play

Callin
2018-06-03, 06:09 PM
So for a fun side game to our normal game the DM is having us play survivors of this Sea Town we destroyed. Revenge is a cool thing and all, and it sounds really fun. Randomly rolled race to see what we are and I got Sea Elf. The rest of the group has already picked their Classes and I am not sure what I want to be.

Rules of the new Character.
Yes to UA
90ts to place into stats on a One to One basis. (We have been doing this for 18 years so no need to change haha. We like it and it keeps up at the Power Level we enjoy and everyone is the same that way)
12th level
1 Legendary Item (I picked well, I hope. Will post it below)
150k to spend on Magic Items.
10k for Uncommon
30k for Rare
50k for Very Rare

So the group has a Barbarian (With Wave), Wizard (Possible Evoker with a Staff of the Magi), Life Cleric, a Rogue, and a Battlemaster Fighter. I was thinking of Ranger but I also wanted to do Melee since in all my other games I am doing Ranged or was a "Gish". I could Gish again but I am not sure I want to go that route.

For my Legendary the DM said I could use a Moonblade. I am STOKED about that. I love elves and the Moonblade has always been a Character fantasy to use. I even rolled Random for the Stats of it with him and 2 other players there (FUN times had by all).
+3 Vorpal Longsword with the Minor Abilities- Immune to Disease, Resistant to Piercing Damage, Cast a 1st level spell at will unless I roll a 5-6 on a d6, and Cast a 3rd level Spell 1/LR. Pretty Kickbutt right?!

The meat of the post is should I play a Ranger and if so what kind (will be Revised if I do) or should I look into something else? I was looking at Beastmaster because I like them but that sword just SCREAMS at something with more than 1 Attack.

Horizon Walker looks pretty good, our group is pretty Magic Heavy as well so Monster Hunter could be useful along with the Mage Slayer Feat.

So what do you think Playgrounders?

edit- Our normal party who we would be doing things against varies in level from a a 17 Pit Fiend Rogue (yes I know, stupid as all get out and the current DM dislikes it but is keeping it for some reason, 17 warlock, 17 Cleric, 8 Sorc, 6/2 Frenzy Barb/Fighter, 4ish Bard.)

Fire Tarrasque
2018-06-03, 06:36 PM
Bladesinger? Keep with an Elvish theme, maybe take Mage Slayer and go Bladesong kamikaze at the casters?