PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] City Based Adventures

Bobbyjackcorn
2018-06-04, 07:56 AM
I'm preparing to run a city-based campaign and I was wondering what books, articles, guides, and other forms of material you guys could point me to for a comprehensive sense of what makes running out of a city fun?
For added specificity, I'm running a city in an Underdark like giant cave system, so if there's anything good for specifically cities in the Underdark, I'd be appreciative for some direction there too.

Geddy2112
2018-06-04, 08:57 AM
I would suggest reading ultimate intrigue. Even without the politics, it has a lot of city based ideas and rules like how to mechanically run a chase scene.

Point your characters to any class with "urban" in the name or theme. Urban ranger, urban druid, etc.

Scowling Dragon
2018-06-04, 09:46 AM
Try the Zeitgiest series of adventure paths. I really like how they fleshed out and made work the city of Flint

Bobbyjackcorn
2018-06-04, 12:16 PM
I would suggest reading ultimate intrigue. Even without the politics, it has a lot of city based ideas and rules like how to mechanically run a chase scene.

Point your characters to any class with "urban" in the name or theme. Urban ranger, urban druid, etc.

Excellent, I've been meaning for an excuse to buy that one anyway :smallbiggrin:.

Zeitgeist is another good idea, I'm certainly not above borrowing from adventure paths here and there.

Thanks for the advice so far guys!