PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Eidolon question

Drache64
2018-06-04, 04:07 PM
My base form is Bipedal which comes with two claw attacks.

Can I place the claws on my feet while using my hands for a sword and gain the following profile:
Primary sword attack
Secondary claw attack
Secondary claw attack

And if I took the bleed attack would each claw attack do an additional 1d6?

So total:
Great Sword: +6, 2d6+6
Claw: +1, 1d4+1d6+2 (-5 for secondary)

(Ran at 18 str and BAB 2)

UPDATE:
I'm seeing that you only get 1 secondary attack if you don't have 3 natural attacks. Let's assume I took bite giving me a total of 3 natural attacks unlocking the bonus feat multi attack, but during a full round action I have a limit of 3 attacks at level 2, so I would choose sword, claw, claw. Then my profile would be:
Claw: +4, 1d4+1d6+2 (-2 for secondary)

grarrrg
2018-06-04, 04:39 PM
Assuming you can get your DM to agree that jump-kicks are a thing, then yes this does work. (Normally it wouldn't, but Eidolons are specifically allowed one set of feet-claws)

Do note that Bleed damage does NOT stack. So you'd only get 1d6/round per opponent. So it may not be as useful as you hope.

grarrrg
2018-06-05, 03:44 PM
UPDATE:
I'm seeing that you only get 1 secondary attack if you don't have 3 natural attacks

???
That's not a thing that I'm aware of.
Your Eidolon has access to as many Secondary attacks as it's Max Attack limit allows. Much the same as any other character/monster (minus the Max Attack limit of course).

All multiattack does is reduce accuracy penalties, it does not 'give' you extra attacks.

Related question: are you playing Unchained?

Drache64
2018-06-05, 04:23 PM
???
That's not a thing that I'm aware of.
Your Eidolon has access to as many Secondary attacks as it's Max Attack limit allows. Much the same as any other character/monster (minus the Max Attack limit of course).

All multiattack does is reduce accuracy penalties, it does not 'give' you extra attacks.

Related question: are you playing Unchained?

Multiattack:
An eidolon gains Multiattack as a bonus feat if it has 3 or more natural attacks and does not already have that feat. If it does not have the requisite 3 or more natural attacks (or it is reduced to less than 3 attacks), the eidolon instead gains a second attack with one of its natural weapons, albeit at a –5 penalty. If the eidolon later gains 3 or more natural attacks, it loses this additional attack and instead gains Multiattack.

grarrrg
2018-06-05, 04:46 PM
Multiattack:
An eidolon gains Multiattack as a bonus feat if it has 3 or more natural attacks and does not already have that feat. If it does not have the requisite 3 or more natural attacks (or it is reduced to less than 3 attacks), the eidolon instead gains a second attack with one of its natural weapons, albeit at a –5 penalty. If the eidolon later gains 3 or more natural attacks, it loses this additional attack and instead gains Multiattack.

This is the text of the "Multiattack Eidolon Ability". There is an entirely separate, but related "Multiattack Feat".
I assume you are trying to work backwards from the "If it does not have the requisite 3 or more natural attacks... the eidolon instead gains a second attack with one of its natural weapons, albeit at a –5 penalty"

Second attack, NOT Secondary attack.
Normally Natural attacks are limited to once per round each, regardless of BAB. If you have 1 Bite, you can make 1 Bite attack. If you have 2 Claws, you can make 2 Claw attacks.

All this ability does it let you attack TWICE with the SAME attack. You are never limited to only one Secondary attack "just because".

So if all you have is a Bite for Naturals, then this ability will let you Bite once at Full Bab, and a second time with Bab-5. If you are using a Sword and Bite, the Sword is Full Bab, the Bite becomes a Secondary at Bab-5, and the Multiattack Ability gives you a second Bite at Bab-10.

As long as your Max Attack Limit is observed, you can pile on all the attacks you want. There are no inherent limits on Secondary attacks.
(do also note that the Max Attack ability on the Unchained Summoner is HORRIBLY written. It should be read as "maximum attacks that can be used -per round-", and NOT "maximum attacks possessed")

Jack_Simth
2018-06-05, 09:06 PM
My base form is Bipedal which comes with two claw attacks.

Can I place the claws on my feet while using my hands for a sword and gain the following profile:
Primary sword attack
Secondary claw attack
Secondary claw attack

And if I took the bleed attack would each claw attack do an additional 1d6?

So total:

(Ran at 18 str and BAB 2)

UPDATE:
I'm seeing that you only get 1 secondary attack if you don't have 3 natural attacks. Let's assume I took bite giving me a total of 3 natural attacks unlocking the bonus feat multi attack, but during a full round action I have a limit of 3 attacks at level 2, so I would choose sword, claw, claw. Then my profile would be:

Technically? Looks like. The text of the "Claws" ability is:
"An eidolon has a pair of vicious claws at the end of its limbs, giving it two claw attacks. These attacks are primary attacks. The claws deal 1d4 points of damage (1d6 if Large, 1d8 if Huge). The eidolon must have the limbs evolution to take this evolution. This evolution can only be applied to the limbs (legs) evolution once This evolution can be selected more than once, but the eidolon must possess an equal number of the limbs evolution."

And as a standard summoner with a Biped, you get Limbs(Arms) and Limbs(Legs). So yes, this works.

Unchained summoner... I'm less sure. Things aren't set up the same way, and while the base form of biped still lists claws in the stat block, and not all of the eidolon types include the free claws evolution for bipeds.

Edit: Note, however, that in either case, you'll want to pay for weapon proficiency, For a greatsword, you'll need to spend four points on it....