PDA

View Full Version : Wall of Fire + Wall of Stone (or force, or Forcecage) = inescapable oven of death?

Douche
2018-06-04, 09:21 PM
Wall of Fire lets you burn 10 feet in one direction, and you can form a circle 20ft radius

Wall of Stone only allows 10ft panels and Doesn't allow you to form a circle, I think. Wall of Force is a 10ft radius so it conflicts with the Fire radius.

I don't want to do geometry... point being, could you combine Wall of Fire with another Wall/prison type spell (presuming you have a second spellcaster) to catch an enemy and give them no recourse but to fry to death?

lperkins2
2018-06-04, 10:28 PM
Counting terrain, and assuming no dispel magic/fire immunity/teleportation, yeah, you can pretty effectively cook people with a couple spellcasters to wall of fire + walls. I tend to prefer hunger of hadar, and similar spells, since it is filled in in the middle.

Quoz
2018-06-05, 01:31 AM
If you have time to prepare the battlefield you can go vertical. Dig a deep pit (mold earth), then use forced movement (grapple, repelling blast, lightning lure, ect) to drop them in. Then fill with your favorite AOE and put a lid on it.

Move restricting spells like web and entangle are less effective than a wall but open up a lot sooner. Using existing terrain like doors and hallways to funnel enemies into killzones is also greatly effective.

darknite
2018-06-05, 07:27 AM
I had a PC use Force Cage (barred version) and Sickening Radiance to do just that recently.