PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Dwarf Pure Fighter builds

ZorroGames
2018-06-05, 11:16 AM
You know I love Fighters and (+2 ST, +2 CO) Mountain Dwarf PCs.

So, just for fun, which one of these pure Fighters to 8th would you advise me to play? NO other options, please, just these three. Why is optional.

ST 17, DE 10, CO 17, IN 8, WI 14, CH 8. Battle Axe or War Hammer and Shield. +1 ST, +1CO at fourth. ST 20 at 6th. CO 20 at 8th. Consider feats at later levels.

ST 16, DE 10, CO 16, IN 10, WI 14, CH 10. GWF build. ST +2 at 4th and 6th; CO +2 at 8th.

ST 10, DE 15, CO 16, IN 8, WI 14, CH 12. Crossbow/Archer build. Athlete for +1 DE at 4th. CBE (most likely) or Sh. Sh. at 6th. DE +2 at 8th.

Remember to only pick from these three.

My choice later.

Lombra
2018-06-05, 03:08 PM
Any subclass suggestions?

MrWesson22
2018-06-05, 03:25 PM
I would go with your GWF build, go battlemaster subclass, eventually grab sentinel and polearm master.

As for your archer build, I would actually choose hill dwarf over mountain as the 2 strength and armor proficiencies aren't doing anything for you. The extra hp and wisdom (fighters wisdom save being their biggest weakness) always help.

ImproperJustice
2018-06-05, 11:35 PM
For your Axe and Boarder we have almost that exact same character stat block in a party.

He is currently running a Champion with Shield Master and Resilient (Wis).

He took the Outlander background and RPs as a grizzled, dispossessed world traveler looking to gather an army to retake his home.

Mechanically he is our best tank. Always on the front line, shield checking baddies and pounding them on the ground. Has a Dwarven Thrower now which makes him a ranged threat. His above average Wis comes up a lot in perception and survival matters.
He may be a sterotype, but he is our lovable stereotype and man can he hold the line/ take a beating.

ZorroGames
2018-06-06, 08:00 AM
I would go with your GWF build, go battlemaster subclass, eventually grab sentinel and polearm master.

As for your archer build, I would actually choose hill dwarf over mountain as the 2 strength and armor proficiencies aren't doing anything for you. The extra hp and wisdom (fighters wisdom save being their biggest weakness) always help.

Mountain Dwarf only, that is the race/subrace being discussed.

🙄

ZorroGames
2018-06-06, 08:01 AM
Any subclass suggestions?

Feel free to put in your dos centavos. 😇

Lombra
2018-06-06, 08:51 AM
Second one, samurai subclass.