PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for a tomb of the nine gods character?

Rfkannen
2018-06-05, 04:08 PM
Hi! my group is going to go through tomb of ahnilation specifically the dungeon at the end. And I am makeing a character for it.

I thought it would fun to play a grapple character, probably a barbarian or bard (not a fighter)

So yeah, any advice? Starting at level 9, want to go barbarian or bard. Any tips for skills, languages, archetype, ect?

Quoxis
2018-06-05, 04:27 PM
Hi! my group is going to go through tomb of ahnilation specifically the dungeon at the end. And I am makeing a character for it.

I thought it would fun to play a grapple barbarian, cause I have wanted to try it for a while. (thinking of being a variant human, with tavern brawler and progidy)

So yeah, any advice? Sttarting at level 9, want to go barbarian. Any tips for skills, languages, path, ect?

A level of rogue grants athletics expertise on any character, even non-humans.
As soon as you grapple someone, you can shove them for perma-proneness, works well with the shield master feat. Prone = advantage on melee attacks and therefore also helps with sneak attack, in case of rogue.
Look into the battlerager subclass from scag, these are semi-focused on grappling but setting-dependently exclusive for dwarves.