PDA

View Full Version : Chain Spell for touch spells?

Warchon
2018-06-05, 10:01 PM
It's that simple--are there any feats/class feature that let a single-target touch spell be applied to multiple targets?

So far I can think of Reach Spell/Chain Spell combo (nasty metamagic cost though) and of course Share Spell (Only one extra target and it comes with so many restrictions.)

Venger
2018-06-05, 10:55 PM
No. You'll need to make it ranged first. Ocular spell is useful for this.

Vizzerdrix
2018-06-05, 11:42 PM
No. You'll need to make it ranged first. Ocular spell is useful for this.

Wont reach spell do as well?

Venger
2018-06-05, 11:46 PM
Wont reach spell do as well?

It certainly will, but Warchon already knows about it, since he mentioned it.

Ocular spell has the advantage of letting you zap people twice as far, plus you can ocularize any spell, not just touches. same spell level adjustment, too.

Saintheart
2018-06-06, 12:13 AM
It's that simple--are there any feats/class feature that let a single-target touch spell be applied to multiple targets?

So far I can think of Reach Spell/Chain Spell combo (nasty metamagic cost though) and of course Share Spell (Only one extra target and it comes with so many restrictions.)

There is a way to do it indirectly if you consider creating magic items to be feats/class features.

The Runecaster PrC for clerics allows you to cast a spell as a rune, i.e. as a simple magic trap, with triggering conditions allowing the spell to fire if a target comes within 30 feet of the rune. Unlike things like Persistent Spell, it is not limited to touch range spells - per the RAW, whoever triggers the rune becomes the target of the spell placed in it. Thus, if you create a X-uses-per-day rune, or a permanent rune (both of which are available at Runecaster 8), then set the rune to trigger whenever, say, your allies come within 30 feet of you, you have a single target touch spell that can be applied to multiple targets.