PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use the oathbow

Tommyimura
2018-06-06, 11:53 AM
I’m a ranger 4 rouge 2 need some tips and strategies on how to best use the oathbow thanks

Quoxis
2018-06-06, 12:54 PM
Stay 500 feet away from the opponent, curse them, be a (half-) elf and choose the elven accuracy feat asap, wreck stuff.

Aerogellin
2018-06-06, 01:19 PM
Hey there! Glad you seem to be having fun, the Oathbow's an interesting little weapon.

Firstly, I wouldn't stay 500 ft. away. As a ranger your Hunters Mark spell makes up a good portion of your damage and you need to be within 90 ft. to cast that spell and that's still plenty of room to stay out of the way of melee enemies.

As far as tactics go, staying out of your enemies range, keeping your enemies in your range, and not going too far from your party unless the area is completely safe from additional enemies walking onto the field is about it. Oathbow is a fantastic boss killer, save it for the biggest thing you think you'll fight in a day and go forth and slay.

If you're looking for progression even if you are an elf or a half elf I'd suggest the Sharpshooter feet over the Elven Accuracy, which is a great feat, but not nearly as devastating or useful against all the other enemies you might fight without activating your Oathbow. Building around a single once-per-day use weapon is tough. I'd also pick up that Ranger 5 ASAP. Extra Attack is going to be huge for you: Two attacks every attack action has the potential to double your damage and while sneak attack damage only applies to one attack per turn, if you miss with your first shot you have the potential to deal your sneak attack damage on the next attack instead of losing it entirely.

I hope that helped, and good luck out there!

Lolzyking
2018-06-06, 01:22 PM
Best use is on a warlock he blade/ assassin rogue.
Hex + improved pat weapon + oath + sneak attack + Eldritch smite + auto crit