PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help with Character

FTG82
2018-06-07, 01:23 AM
Okay so i know that this site is usually used for helps on builds but if i may ask for you help with naming a character. I've been scratching my head for one for 3 months.

She's a changeling assassin with multi-personality disorder and I wanted a name that i can split into three smaller names (letters can be randomize, sperated, switch, ect.) And i wanted it to have a little meaning. And on a side note. She won't be changing looks in front of people most of the time. Which her three personalities comes with their own look so that means personalities don't get changed.

First personality is the face of the party. Really happy and friendly. Is willing to lie to help herself because she knows shes not the original and that she is here because the original needed a personality that can deal with people the "correct" way. She'll try to help out others as much as she can but she knows that she must put herself first.

Second personality is also aware that she's not the original. She is the personality that will come out during deals and serious moments. When it's time to acquire a quest or a assassination contract, Buying equipment, when the DM brings in story, stuff like that.

Third personality and the original personality. She's cut throat and a little evil. She lives by a rule of Kill or be killed. And she is with the party because it helps her get stronger so that she can complete her ultimate goal and also find a mate that is suitable to help her on her ultimate goal. Her ultimate goal is to start a family of top of the line feared assassins so that she can make sure that nobody forgets the golden rule of the world. Which is of course kill or be killed. During assassination missions she has a little game she likes to play because she is a little crazy. She likes to watch the target for a few and find out who is the closest person to them. Then she will kill that person and take their place for a day and go out and have a "fun" day with the target. Then at the end of the day she'll kill her target while still in the disguise of the closet person just so the target feels like they've been betrayed.

If help getting names for a character isn't aloud on this part of the forum please point me to the correct part. Thank you for all your help.

Venger
2018-06-07, 01:29 AM
You're certainly allowed to ask for help with non-mechanical issues on this board.

What are your feelings on this: for the first, Charlene, for the second, Melanie, for the third, Leona?

Together you get Cha/mel/eon. Perfect for a changeling.

FTG82
2018-06-07, 01:42 AM
You're certainly allowed to ask for help with non-mechanical issues on this board.

What are your feelings on this: for the first, Charlene, for the second, Melanie, for the third, Leona?

Together you get Cha/mel/eon. Perfect for a changeling.

Thanks for clarifying that. And that sounds cool and i will use that if i don't get what i want. But what i meant was something else. Let's take the name Charlene. split that into three different names like Cha, rel and ne and they all come together to make Charlene. (not a very clever example but that's why i need help XD)

Venger
2018-06-07, 01:44 AM
No, I understood that. That's what I suggested:

Chameleon:
Charlene Melanie Leona

Make sense?

FTG82
2018-06-07, 01:49 AM
No, I understood that. That's what I suggested:

Chameleon:
Charlene Melanie Leona

Make sense?

Yeah sorry. I'm tired and you said it that opposite way then i was thinking which just confused me XD lol I might need to go to bed. But yeah that sounds awesome. I'll keep it in mind. But of course if anyone else has another one i'll be happy to hear it out. Thank you so much.... Now i'm going to go to bed before i hurt myself trying to think xD

retaliation08
2018-06-07, 08:14 AM
Trigemini is latin for triple or triplets, in the same way that gemini is for twins.

It could split into the names: Trig, Gem, and Mini.

In the High Speech of the Dark Tower universe, Trig means clever. I imagine Trig being the one that handles serious deals and matters.

Gem is synonymous with precious stone. I imagine Gem being the personality that is the face, appearing as a beautiful precious stone to be pleasing to others.

Mini is an adjective or prefix denoting small or short in scale. Mini could be a reference to the short fuse or temper of the main personality, that leads her to act in evil or violent ways. It could be a reference to the "mini-game" she likes to play with targets, or it could be something else entirely perhaps not even with a specific meaning.