PDA

View Full Version : A Hope for Change (Or: Why I Would Follow Tzeentch From Warhammer If He Were Real)

Leliel
2007-09-07, 12:26 PM
Now I know some of the fans of Warhammer will look at this title and go " Follow a Chaos God ??? WTF!?!?". I implore to you to please hear me out. For those of you who have never heard of the Raven God, I direct you to the Wikipedia entry for Chaos (Warhammer)(My apologies for not providing a link; I am not sure how to do that). Now, on to my thesis:

We all know by now that Tzeentch from Warhammer is the god of change and manipulation. Understandably, there is some rather negative connotations(thus, the reason why Machiavellian is a bad quality). But, this does not matter for me. For you see, the Raven God is also a god of hope. For you see, without change, there could not be good causes like civil rights, and without manipulation, there could not be civilization. For me, Tzeentch symbolizes science, art, the need for improvement.

Now you may ask "Isn't Chaos-and by extension, Tzeentch-an evil force?" My dear college, Chaos is not evil. It simply is. Is a fire evil? By the token that it destroys things, it probably is. Yet, without fire, valuable nutrients such as nitrogen would not be able to be replenished, and the forest would strangle itself. To those of you who say "But it makes you UGLY!" I commemorate you on being able to read despite being the medical definition of an imbecile. Try Brain Age. It helps.

Now what would I do with this power, you ask? Well, I would use the power of change to eliminate world hunger and it's remaining causes, by which I mean political corruption, territorial disputes, and poverty. The powers of mutation would allow me to create hardy crops that would survive despite famine and would be less expensive. I would manipulate governments into settling disputes via diplomatic talks instead of pointless war. I would create
revolutions that would exchange corrupt governments for ones with only the best intentions for society. And I would do all this without asking for much, since for a true follower of the Raven God, bettering the world is its own reward. Though admittedly, Tzeentch himself would probably give me other, more practical, awards.

Those are my reasons for following the Architect of Fate. If anyone has commentary or would wish to give reasons for the following of other Chaos Gods, please state them on this thread. And now I depart before the Nurgle-ites arrive. No offense, I just like being in perfect health. Not to mention the occasional Space Marine... *steps on disc, phases into warp*

ufo
2007-09-07, 12:34 PM
*applaud*

Fine reasoning, though I believe that Tzeentch (gesundheit! or whatever) would prefer that you don't use the powers for the better. But if we look away from the personality of the god, and look at his power and purpose in general, aye, ye're correct on things and stuff.

Cybren
2007-09-07, 12:59 PM
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/1.php

zombie
2007-09-07, 01:51 PM
you've just became a cultist. gratz :smallsmile: a message containing your ip number and nickname has been sent to nearest temple of sigmar. expect a visit from your local witch hunter shortly :smallcool:

as for me if tzeentch was real i still wouldnt follow him, in old world chaos is a real force and chaos gods besides means you mentioned tend to excessively use it; you cannot be chaos god follower and for example not expect any mutations can you:smallsmile:

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2007-09-07, 02:27 PM
Now what would I do with this power, you ask? Well, I would use the power of change to eliminate world hunger and it's remaining causes, by which I mean political corruption, territorial disputes, and poverty. The powers of mutation would allow me to create hardy crops that would survive despite famine and would be less expensive. I would manipulate governments into settling disputes via diplomatic talks instead of pointless war. I would create revolutions that would exchange corrupt governments for ones with only the best intentions for society. And I would do all this without asking for much, since for a true follower of the Raven God, bettering the world is its own reward. Though admittedly, Tzeentch himself would probably give me other, more practical, awards.

Now y'know, Nurgle offers plenty of these same things. Massive plague will end world hunger as we know it, as there will be less to consume limited resources. And how many people can go to war while on their sickbed? (please pay no attention to the Champions of Nurgle behind the curtain.) Who needs a revolution when a deadly illness overcomes the corrupt ruling household, freeing the populace! Huzzah for Nurgle!

Tweekinator
2007-09-07, 04:57 PM
A vile, blasphemous rant.

Heresy! Trust in the Emperor! Only in Him will you find hope, peace, and a future!

Albub
2007-09-07, 05:01 PM
Should the Chaos gods ever decide to manifest themselves, I think I'll choose Slaanesh so I can do what I love and love what I do. He wouldn't make a good ruling body, but enough religions would reject chaos that anyone who ain't satisfied can go stay with them. That said, they may change their minds about god should the chaos gods actually manifest because, well, seeing is believing.

Korias
2007-09-07, 05:13 PM
Should the Chaos gods ever decide to manifest themselves, I think I'll choose Slaanesh so I can do what I love and love what I do. He wouldn't make a good ruling body, but enough religions would reject chaos that anyone who ain't satisfied can go stay with them. That said, they may change their minds about god should the chaos gods actually manifest because, well, seeing is believing.

If the chaos gods manifested themselves on this world, we would be completely screwed. No Offense, but these guys are ones that will require sacrifice. And while I'm all well and for the orgies of Slaanesh, and the Hope of Change that Tzeentch has, Nurgle and Khorne are the two to watch out for. If Nurgle manifested himself, the entire world would crumble into a festering disease. If Khorne, 11/12 of the world population woudl be dead within two days.

All in all, if Tzeentch is real, which he could very well be, as we dont know what those GW fanatics are doing these days (Ok, so I'm not one to complain about Apocalypse, but still...), so they could have given birth to a Chaos god by accident...

Oh, and great speech.

Avaris
2007-09-07, 05:32 PM
According to the gw timeline Slannesh doesn't exist yet, so we're fine there (created 30,000 AD according to this timeline (http://z10.invisionfree.com/Old_World_Chronicles/index.php?showtopic=1002). As for Tzeentch, I'm sure I read somewhere that he is the god of scientists and politicians, so in a sense is both good and evil. I personally think of the chaos gods as fairly neutral; its the followers that go around killing you. Tzeentch as god of change also represents the constant growth and changes of life, Nurgle as god of decay allows resources and minerals to be reused, Slannesh teaches to love and be loved, and even Khorne has a more martial, skillful side. Its all another part of what makes the warhammer worlds so intriguing; the shades of grey.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the Grey Knights are coming and I don't want to get in their way.

Leliel
2007-09-07, 05:49 PM
Heresy! Trust in the Emperor! Only in Him will you find hope, peace, and a future!

Warhammer IC: Ah, I was wondering when an Inquisitor would show up. Riddle me this:

Why is it that you always invoke the Emperor when you disobey not follow His wishes? If I am correct, while he was still in a mortal form, He was a bringer of peace?

I will tell you why: the Imperium no longer thinks of anything but itself! You claim to be an agent of the Emperor's divine will, yet the only will you follow is yours! The Ecclesiarchy is nothing but a grouping of hypocrisies and half-truths, constructed to keep the High Lords in power! I used to believe in the "truth" of Faith, but now I know that the Empire only used me as an agent of corruption!

And yet, I am not evil. Despite what you may say-and maybe even believe- about me or my master, I am not an agent of disaster for mankind, but one of the Imperium's most stalwart subjects. Not the living nightmare that you have created, but the way it was originally, with the God-Emperor still alive in a human form. Not one of constant fear of that we do not understand, but one that allows some measure of peace with the Xenos. Not one where even the thought of free speech or new ideas are crushed, but one in which they can flourish. Not a dystopic tyranny, but a paradise of democracy...

But no matter what, I know that this is certainly not possible with people like you at the helm! I will awaken the Star Child! I will revive the Emperor! I WILL HAVE FREEDOM!!!!

OOC: Hack...wheeze...I think that was a nice rant, wouldn't you?

Mysticaloctopus
2007-09-07, 06:50 PM
Hmm...

Which chaos god most embodies this statement made by Anonymous?
A man entirely without morals can only be made unhappy when he loses everything. As long as there is something, it cannot upset, appal, disgust or scare him; he can only enjoy the situation. This is like reaching Nirvana, except without the years of sitting on a mountain top drinking rancid yak milk.

So, which part of the chaos pantheon is that?

Well, Tzeench does things "for the lulz", change for the sake of it to see what happens next. Wen the eternally surprised gone mad.
Khorne just goes "wheee, choppity choppity chop!" and loves it.
Slaanesh... well, he's from /d/, and clearly loves it.
Nurgle shows the corruption of this existence - you can't call yourself pure of though when everything seems good.

Looks like I'm a Chaos Undivided man myself then. We get the niftiest symbol methinks.

Alex Knight
2007-09-08, 06:17 PM
It matters not. You will embrace the purity and logic that are the C'tan, and under their guidance you will be made immortal, and we shall forever remove the abomination that is Chaos from our universe.

All praise the C'tan!

Korias
2007-09-08, 08:12 PM
It matters not. You will embrace the purity and logic that are the C'tan, and under their guidance you will be made immortal, and we shall forever remove the abomination that is Chaos from our universe.

All praise the C'tan!

Or you could be like me and follow the Ethereals...
I forsee this debate running into a Warhammer Fluff contest.

Cyrano
2007-09-08, 08:22 PM

He would actually make a luscious ruling body. The problem is how he rules with it.

LordVader
2007-09-08, 10:32 PM
Or you could be like me and follow the Ethereals...
I forsee this debate running into a Warhammer Fluff contest.

Die, phemerone-controlled bluie. :smalltongue: At least I get the choice
to be a fanatical zealot.

Very good speech. However, the sheer power of Tzeentch would most likely end up corrupting you, as that is the nature of Chaos. It corrupts. It's all well and good to say you'd do something with that power when you don't have it, but when you do, well, things change. No pun intended.

Leliel
2007-09-09, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Korias;3159918]If the chaos gods manifested themselves on this world, we would be completely screwed. No Offense, but these guys are ones that will require sacrifice. And while I'm all well and for the orgies of Slaanesh, and the Hope of Change that Tzeentch has, Nurgle and Khorne are the two to watch out for. If Nurgle manifested himself, the entire world would crumble into a festering disease. If Khorne, 11/12 of the world population would be dead within two days.
[QUOTE]

On the other hand, if all four of the Chaos Gods manifested in reality, something tells me that it would probably be a somewhat good thing for us first world nations, seeing as we're decadent (Slaanesh'es domain), militarily powerful (Khrone's power), mostly democracies (which depend on constant change, which Tzeentch needs) and have pretty much given up on our government's corruption (Cynicism, something that Nurgle likes).

Lets face it: would you destroy a bunch of countries that serve as an effectively endless supply of emotional sustenance and intelligent worshipers, or help them continue their existence and make their way of life(and thus, your source of energy) more prevalent?:smallwink:

Wow... I didn't realize what a dark sense of humor I had until that post. No really, I didn't. Honest.

Leliel
2007-09-09, 02:37 PM
Die, phemerone-controlled bluie. :smalltongue: At least I get the choice
to be a fanatical zealot.

So do the Tau:smalltongue: . If you don't want to be a pawn of the Ethereals or at least an ally, that's fine by them. Even though they might think you're an idiot for not choseing the Greater Good, they're not going to force you, and you will not be affected by any form of mind control(and even if their phemerones are mind control, or just really good persuasion skills) the Ethereals might have.

The Imperium, on the other hand, will shoot you if you don't join them. "Choice" is not a factor with them.

Sorry about not conjoining this with the previous post. I don't know how to do multible quotes either:smallsigh: .

Oeep Snaec
2007-09-09, 04:10 PM
I have a theory that if everyone in the world were to enter a "happy place" at the same time and forget about all of their problems, the chaos gods would cease to exist in the world. They thrive on hatred and malice, so if there were none, they would lose all influence in the world, likely sealing them out for a near infinite time.

Mysticaloctopus
2007-09-09, 05:17 PM
Sorry about not conjoining this with the previous post. I don't know how to do multible quotes either:smallsigh: .

You do it the long way - click quote in post A, copy the post text, go back, click quote in post B, paste in text from post A, copy the result, go back, click quote in post C and paste in quote text from posts A and B.

In my day, we had to write our own boards, and there were no quote tags. Damn whipper-snappers!

NEO|Phyte
2007-09-09, 05:51 PM
Looks like I'm a Chaos Undivided man myself then. We get the niftiest symbol methinks.

*cough* You mean Chaos Glory, right? Someone went and changed things, or so I've heard.

Mysticaloctopus
2007-09-09, 06:13 PM
Haven't played in years, out of date with the fluff. Took too long to play games of warhammer, none of us have space to keep a game out and I can't paint to save my life. D&D is cheaper in the long run, easier to play at the drop of a hat.

SurlySeraph
2007-09-09, 07:04 PM
Vile heretic! You will pay for your treason against the Emperor! You shall not live another minute!

>.>
<.<
Is the inquistor still watching me?

I'd worship Khorne. Violence is fun.

I'd worship Khorne because wanton violence somehow seems less immoral to me than the wanton self-indulgence Slaaneesh stands for, and though I'm cynical I'm no fan of the slow decay of the universe that Nurgle stands for. And I'm too much of a boring, OCD stick-in-the-mud for Tzeentch.

The problem with Tzeentch is that he approves of all change - whether positive or negative. A world without hunger would be different, so he'd support it. A world where no one has any arms would also be different, so he'd support it.

But Khorne, though - Khorne is awesome. I'd set up a fight club/temple in his honor, with fights varying in brutality depending on the participants. See, we want young people to survive so that they can grow up and produce more fighters, so children fight without weapons. Teenagers get sticks and clubs, the heaviness of which increases as they age. Once you're over twenty, you get knives, and later swords. The elderly fight with chainsaws. Participation would be mandatory for all males old enough to walk at least once a week, and for most females as well.

Would that be too orderly to really be in the spirit of Khorne?

Mysticaloctopus
2007-09-09, 07:11 PM
I'd worship Khorne. Violence is fun.

Yup.

I'd worship Khorne because wanton violence somehow seems less immoral to me than the wanton self-indulgence Slaaneesh stands for, and though I'm cynical I'm no fan of the slow decay of the universe that Nurgle stands for. And I'm too much of a boring, OCD stick-in-the-mud for Tzeentch.

Slow decay is inevitable. As long as man is deviant and amoral enough for chaos to exist, we're in a downward spiral. Wanton self-indulgence is what we do - slaanesh and khorne embody two different kinds of urge that we really really want to fulfil - it's just different parts of the id being sated.

The problem with Tzeentch is that he approves of all change - whether positive or negative. A world without hunger would be different, so he'd support it. A world where no one has any arms would also be different, so he'd support it.

Change is needed for progress. Sometimes, a bad change prompts innovation that brings us up to higher than where we were. In addition, entropy is fun, ask Hagbard Celine.

My feeling is this - all the chaos gods would need to exist, they balance each other out pretty well, and seeing this I can't go for just one of them. But then again, they must have pretty much equal amounts of support, so the balance is fine.

LordVader
2007-09-09, 07:16 PM
So do the Tau:smalltongue: . If you don't want to be a pawn of the Ethereals or at least an ally, that's fine by them. Even though they might think you're an idiot for not choseing the Greater Good, they're not going to force you, and you will not be affected by any form of mind control(and even if their phemerones are mind control, or just really good persuasion skills) the Ethereals might have.

The Imperium, on the other hand, will shoot you if you don't join them. "Choice" is not a factor with them.

Ah, yes. I'm tempted to bring to mind the generosity of the Ethereals in giving the Vespid those translation helmets so they could better "understand" each other. How nice of them. And with the Imperium, you do have a choice. You can choose to die instead, which is more then the Vespid got.:smalltongue:

And also, anyone who doesn't choose the Greater Good goes bye-bye. Just look at Farsight.

Korias
2007-09-09, 08:21 PM
Ah, yes. I'm tempted to bring to mind the generosity of the Ethereals in giving the Vespid those translation helmets so they could better "understand" each other. How nice of them. And with the Imperium, you do have a choice. You can choose to die instead, which is more then the Vespid got.:smalltongue:

And also, anyone who doesn't choose the Greater Good goes bye-bye. Just look at Farsight.

Well...
I actually run a Human Auxillaries Tau force. But anyway, I dont use vespids: Their too expensive, dont really read the fluff on them.

Farsight was corrupted by your damn Necron Energies, you soulless abomination. Think about it: Farsight heads to Arthas Molloch, adapts Necron power rods for battle suits and tanks, and Instant Necron/Tau Hybrid.

LordVader
2007-09-09, 08:23 PM
Vespids got communion helms for their leaders that were actually mind-control helmets. The GG is built around brainwashing.:smalltongue:

And Farsight is much more awesome now that he works, if indirectly, for the Necrons.This teaches you the valuable lesson that everything, ever, happens because of the Deciever.:smallamused:

knightsaline
2007-09-11, 10:48 PM
Die, phemerone-controlled bluie. :smalltongue: At least I get the choiceto be a fanatical zealot.

LordVader, I assume that you are human, much like the majority of the board. In the future depicted in WH40K, Humans are either forced to work in factories, making the tanks you like to drive or conscripted into the army. The Greater Good does not do this. Some humans actually seek out the tau, not to kill them, but to join them. The majority of the Tau may not even see a war. The Water caste are the diplomats, trying to negotiate as to avert a battle. Human "Diplomats" are just heavily armed Space Marines.

Farsight serves the Greater Good in his own way. This exemplifies the CG alignment ("I'll do the right thing, but it will be done MY way"). Tau are the true good race. They only took up arms because the Imperium ordered exterminatus on the tau home planet before they even developed their technology. Instead of taking over a planet, they battle the inhabitants and try to prove to them that they can serve the Greater Good, rather than oppress them, like the Humans.

Now if only I could find a copy of Fire Warrior (the novel)....

JellyPooga
2007-09-12, 05:27 AM
All Hail the Prince of Darkness, my Lord Slaanesh!...you get to wear pink!:smalleek: :smallbiggrin: :smallwink: :smallsmile:

Tweekinator
2007-09-12, 11:36 AM
Warhammer IC: Ah, I was wondering when an Inquisitor would show up. Riddle me this:

Why is it that you always invoke the Emperor when you disobey not follow His wishes? If I am correct, while he was still in a mortal form, He was a bringer of peace?

I will tell you why: the Imperium no longer thinks of anything but itself! You claim to be an agent of the Emperor's divine will, yet the only will you follow is yours! The Ecclesiarchy is nothing but a grouping of hypocrisies and half-truths, constructed to keep the High Lords in power! I used to believe in the "truth" of Faith, but now I know that the Empire only used me as an agent of corruption!

And yet, I am not evil. Despite what you may say-and maybe even believe- about me or my master, I am not an agent of disaster for mankind, but one of the Imperium's most stalwart subjects. Not the living nightmare that you have created, but the way it was originally, with the God-Emperor still alive in a human form. Not one of constant fear of that we do not understand, but one that allows some measure of peace with the Xenos. Not one where even the thought of free speech or new ideas are crushed, but one in which they can flourish. Not a dystopic tyranny, but a paradise of democracy...

But no matter what, I know that this is certainly not possible with people like you at the helm! I will awaken the Star Child! I will revive the Emperor! I WILL HAVE FREEDOM!!!!

OOC: Hack...wheeze...I think that was a nice rant, wouldn't you?

I hear and reject your blasphemous rant out of hand, for an open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. Only in the Imperium of Man is there any hope for salvation; and that salvation comes only by the will of the Emperor!

Mysticaloctopus
2007-09-12, 01:31 PM
I hear and reject your blasphemous rant out of hand, for an open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. Only in the Imperium of Man is there any hope for salvation; and that salvation comes only by the will of the Emperor!

...so what happened to those before the emperor?

Tweekinator
2007-09-12, 03:26 PM
Sucked to be them.

Leliel
2007-09-13, 03:57 PM
Sucked to be them.

Then, oh-so-mighty and honorable Inquisitor, do you explain the Golden Age of Technology? Not much "Will of The Emperor" there, and they thrived pretty well. Oh don't give me that empty rhetoric about how "their robots destroyed them beacuse they had no faith." You and I both know that it is quite possible to have devout faith and not force it on the state. And if you were so convinced in the extermination of other religons, then please explain to me why the Techpriests still exist. Don't play dumb with me: You know perfectly well that they worship the Machine God and the Machine God only. The "Aspect of the Emperor" explination is just a cop-out to explain the Adeptus Terra's dependance on those that they would call "heretics", whatever that means. And why must psychic power be evil anyway? You yourself know from being a psyker yourself(Oh don't even bother trying to make an excuse, I saw you using them) that they are not evil. In fact, I think all humans have a mesure of psychic ability, and the potential to awaken as a psyker(A conclusion from personal experience as much as obsevation) so unless you are suggeseting that humanity itself is evil, you probably don't belive that tenant of "faith" either. And you are quite mistaken in the belief that you can defeat me, I am afraid; In fact, I would rather not fight you if I had a choice. As it is, I just hope that the gods have mercy when your soul goes before them for jugment for your sins. Engarde!

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2007-09-13, 04:25 PM
I really got no problem with Slaanesh. I mean, wanton behavior makes one more vulnerable to illness, so that brings us right back to Old Father Nurgle's camp. Unrequited lust eventually brings about despair, and once again, we can see Nurgle. It's great! Enjoy your revels now. Soon everyone comes to Nurgle's embrace.

Khorne, I don't care for him as much. On the other hand, some great plagues are brought about by extended sieges. And just look at how many perished or lost limbs in Civil War battlefied medical tents. So all this fighting and bloodletting all the time, well it serves a greater purpose in the end.

Tzeentch ... now come on now. Change for the better? That's just silly talk.

Tweekinator
2007-09-14, 11:36 AM
Then, oh-so-mighty and honorable Inquisitor, do you explain the Golden Age of Technology? Not much "Will of The Emperor" there, and they thrived pretty well. Oh don't give me that empty rhetoric about how "their robots destroyed them beacuse they had no faith." You and I both know that it is quite possible to have devout faith and not force it on the state. And if you were so convinced in the extermination of other religons, then please explain to me why the Techpriests still exist. Don't play dumb with me: You know perfectly well that they worship the Machine God and the Machine God only. The "Aspect of the Emperor" explination is just a cop-out to explain the Adeptus Terra's dependance on those that they would call "heretics", whatever that means. And why must psychic power be evil anyway? You yourself know from being a psyker yourself(Oh don't even bother trying to make an excuse, I saw you using them) that they are not evil. In fact, I think all humans have a mesure of psychic ability, and the potential to awaken as a psyker(A conclusion from personal experience as much as obsevation) so unless you are suggeseting that humanity itself is evil, you probably don't belive that tenant of "faith" either. And you are quite mistaken in the belief that you can defeat me, I am afraid; In fact, I would rather not fight you if I had a choice. As it is, I just hope that the gods have mercy when your soul goes before them for jugment for your sins. Engarde!

Touche. You have delved far enough into the 40k lore that I can't come up with refutations. I congratulate you on the rhetoric and counter-rhetoric, sir.

BRC
2007-09-14, 11:42 AM
The real question that should be answered is this
Gork or Mork?

Indon
2007-09-14, 01:14 PM
Gork or Mork?

I believe the optimal solution to this question is to convene in the traditional manner, and kill everyone who disagrees with you (or does not sufficiently feel enough like you).

Agreed?

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2007-09-14, 02:16 PM
I believe the optimal solution to this question is to convene in the traditional manner, and kill everyone who disagrees with you (or does not sufficiently feel enough like you).

Agreed?

I agree, on the grounds you'd probably try to kill me if I disagree. That's bothersome.

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-09-14, 02:48 PM
Gork or Mork?

Dork and Fork.

http://warseer.com/forums/fantasy-project-logs/84281-the-followers-of-dork-and-fork.html

BRC
2007-09-14, 03:44 PM

Agreed?
Yes, let us fetch the implements with which we will handle disagreement as stated above.

Mysticaloctopus
2007-09-15, 07:41 AM
Yes, let us fetch the implements with which we will handle disagreement as stated above.

Aah, verbose threads. I do enjoy these educated discussions; the change from our usual barbaric cries for yet more slaughter to a concise and well-stated request is rather refreshing. Now, I can loan pitchforks and torch-oil to any fellow greenskins who have neglected to bring their own. First line on the left, one fork each, gentlemen.

Warshrike
2007-09-15, 07:58 AM
I come representing a small faction of humanity cut off for too long by warp storms. Known as The Conclave, the Imperium has forgotten us. Others have not, and so we speak for the enigmatic Eldar.

Surely in the remnants of the Dying Race can be found the greatest option for the future. Were it not for the fall, the Galaxy would be far better off. So then, let us call to arms the forces of both Humanity and Tau underneath the banner of the ancients!!

(('kay, I don't actually know ANYTHING aboot the Eldar, I just figured that someone ought represent them. Now for my real rant.))

FOOOOD!! The Hivemind comes!! How can you stop the tide of Tyranids which even now continue to poor into the Galaxy?? Assimilating life, not just bodies but essences, we will consume you all, adding you to the collective life. You have seen just three major hive fleets, but there are so, so many more. Chaos cannot stop us. The Tau will be overrun. Humanities only hope is Scorched Earth. Only two races have any hope of preventing our domination and devouring of your galaxy:

The Necrontyr- Biology Vs Technology. The immense power of the slumbering mechanoids could stop us, but only in areas they hold sway. After all, why would the Hive Mind want to eat Metal??

The Orks- Once we consume the Ork Race, we will be nigh unstoppable. However, they are the most violent and degraded peoples who don't follow Khorne.

But if I were to follow anything from 40k, I'd go 'nid all the way baby!!

TheSaylesMan
2007-09-15, 11:31 AM
Than you would be one of the first to be consumed, Mr. Warshrike. The Hivemind cares not for your devotion. The only thing it does concern itself with is your delectable biological matter. But as long as you're still walking around, report to the closest Genestealer so that you can be infected. Perhaps that process will alter your state of mind enough to not mind being broken down into basic elements.

So, worship in 40k, eh?

Emperor worship would be the most likely thing for me. The Ministorium is well known for assimilating local religion when reclaiming a lost world in order to speed up the process of bringing it into compliance. The conversion of a culture to the true Cult Imperialis takes hundreds of years. Sounds like a painless process to me.

And all of you people going on about how the average Imperial citizen toils away in factories to help the war effort need some education. The only citizens who do that are the one unlucky enough to be born near warzones, on Hive worlds, or even on Forge worlds.

As long as you manage to get into a system close enough to Terra to be safe, yet far away enough to not be dominated by the Imperial Creed, than you would live a life not too dissimilar to the one you are right now.

Of course, I would rather be shoved into the service of the Tau'va than be an Imperial in a warzone. Slums may not be very nice, but its better than what the Imperium has to offer.

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-15, 11:39 AM
Tzeentch is probably the least dangerous of the Chaos gods to worship when you think about it. Given how Slaanesh has not yet been raised by the depravity of the eldar, that just leaves Khorne and Nurgle. Nurgle would just sweep the globe with a giant plague, sort of a "Black Death 2: This Time It's Personal" kind of thing. And I think we all know that you're probably better off just not to listen to Khorne. So yeah, Tzeentch makes sense to me. Of course, he's still not exactly all smiles and sunshine. :smallamused:

BRC
2007-09-15, 06:22 PM
Aah, verbose threads. I do enjoy these educated discussions; the change from our usual barbaric cries for yet more slaughter to a concise and well-stated request is rather refreshing. Now, I can loan pitchforks and torch-oil to any fellow greenskins who have neglected to bring their own. First line on the left, one fork each, gentlemen.
When everybody has aquired a picthfork and torch we can engage in a group bellowing of "A Large Scale Migration and Invasion of Orks"

Elfanatic
2007-09-15, 07:52 PM
Oh, how I pity you deluded Chaos cultists.

The Chaos Gods are insects. They are nothing but our emotions and desires, without willpower to keep them in check.

If you would give Khorne the choice of killing one warrior right now, and killing ten warriors tomorrow, only one head would fall. He has no patience, no concept of waiting, and his hunger rules his mind so much that you can not call him sentient. And he demands the same from this followers. Therefore Khorne is weak.
Slaanesh never stops. This ambiguous creature will stop at nothing to overload its senses with pleasure and pain. All those who follow him become numb, empty shells of the people they once were. Moderation is a concept unknown to the Prince, and the lies it perpetrates among its worshippers about the ultimate thrill that death would bring is a testimony to its unthinking depravity. Therefore Slaanesh is weak.
The warriors of Grandfather Nurgle are afraid. They are afraid of death, of pain, of sorrow. And rather than face their problems like men, they deal with a pestilent blob who corrupts them into abominations. Then they are the ones who are feared, and the more terror they bring among their former friends and families, the safer they feel from their own insecurities and nightmares. The Plague God is without reason and justification. Therefore Nurgle is weak.
The Changer of Ways is never a constant. Would, or had, he ever the absolute control of his rival siblings, he would squander it away. He plots, plans and schemes not for power, not for knowledge, and not for wisdom. He does it for change. All of reality is a game for him. Those who pray to him pray for hope. They pray for a change of fates. They pray for power and wisdom. But ultimately he has no purpose, except to exist. Therefore Tzeentch is weak.
The Chaos Gods will never stop and wait, never rethink their actions or plans. They would devour all creation in their hunger for souls and dreams. And then, without sentient beings supplying them with their drink and water, they would cease to exist. They are but addle-minded fools, barely worth being called intelligent. Therefore the Chaos Gods are weak.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-09-16, 12:45 PM
...so what happened to those before the emperor?

The Emperor was born in like 3000 BC, so it isn't so important.

Elfanatic
2007-09-16, 03:54 PM
Giant Wall of Text for the win!

@ The Saylesman

"Revenge is a dish best served with mayonaise and those little cheesy things on sticks"

Ciaphas Cain rules!

Prophaniti
2007-09-17, 01:55 PM
Now, look. I have nothing against Tzeench personally. I hate all the Chaos gods equally. (pay no attention to my screen name. I liked it and took it, conotations not withstanding.:smallwink: ) The fact is, humanity is destined to rule the universe under the Emperors Holy Reign, and no littlle-understood power from another dimension will stand in our way. The soldiers and agents of Man will crush all opposition, root out all heresy and treachery, and purge the galaxy of Alien and Mutant threats to our righteous rule.

So you'd best get with the program, confess your heresy, and accept Judgement for your crimes. Only then will your soul be redeemed, and only then will you be given a second chance to stand at the Emperor's side.

(to adress one comment in your 'winning' rant: Psykers and Psychic powers are not evil, they simply must be properly trained by Sanctioned methods. The Holy Emperor himself is the most powerful Psyker Mankind has ever seen and some of his best agents are psykers. It is only through unsanctioned use that evil arises, and psykers make themselves pawns of otherworldly forces.)
For the Imperium of Man!

Krursk
2007-09-18, 02:23 AM
'kay, I can't be bothered quoting Leliel's rant (the one about Adeptus Mechanicus) , as it would dwarf my own post. In short, the machine spirit is in all likelyhood a C'Tan and therefore may be great at machinery, but is at heart an evil god based around consuming his own subject's souls.

EDIT: Elfanatic, the Emperor frequently sacrifices thousands of his subjects for his daily survival, and sent at least one marine chapter to their deaths for repentance. And he's in a permanent vegitative state. He's hardly perfect.

Elfanatic
2007-09-19, 01:17 AM
I didn't call the Emperor perfect; I called the Chaos Gods weak.

But that probably has to do with the few comedies I wrote about them a few years back. They were tales filled with disturbing mental pictures. Suffice to say, Nurgle had seven asses. :smalleek:

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-19, 01:42 AM
Heresy! Blasphemy! Tzeentch is the greate- that came out wrong. Any inquisitors here? No? Good?

Yep, I'd follow Tzeentch. And not just for the reasons the OP stated. Also because I don't like disease or violence and Slannesh is just plain creepy. With the powers of the Raven God you can change anything you want. Anything.

"More arms are always useful, you get an extra one. And you get a special organ that lets you eat whatever you want. And YOU get to have wings. And you and you and you get to be chaos spawn..."

Elfanatic
2007-09-19, 11:31 AM
Heresy! Blasphemy! Tzeentch is the greate- that came out wrong. Any inquisitors here? No? Good?

Yep, I'd follow Tzeentch. And not just for the reasons the OP stated. Also because I don't like disease or violence and Slannesh is just plain creepy. With the powers of the Raven God you can change anything you want. Anything.

"More arms are always useful, you get an extra one. And you get a special organ that lets you eat whatever you want. And YOU get to have wings. And you and you and you get to be chaos spawn..."

Like this (http://www.secretlivesofmobs.com/index.php?strip_id=22)? :smallamused:

BRC
2007-09-19, 11:43 AM
Personally, I feel your alll foolish and primitive, since you can't even get your devices to work by belief alone, and you don't even have the sense to paint your vehicles red half the time.

Jazeta
2007-09-19, 07:58 PM
Personally, I feel your alll foolish and primitive, since you can't even get your devices to work by belief alone, and you don't even have the sense to paint your vehicles red half the time.

Everyone knows the red ones go faster.

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-20, 01:33 AM
Like this (http://www.secretlivesofmobs.com/index.php?strip_id=22)? :smallamused:

Yes! Exactly like that! *laughs madly and uses psychic powers to make objects float around the room*

BRC
2007-09-20, 05:24 PM
Everyone knows the red ones go faster.
of course, and yet both Imperial citizens and Chaos worshippers fail to paint their vehicles red!

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-21, 12:36 AM
of course, and yet both Imperial citizens and Chaos worshippers fail to paint their vehicles red!

The World Eaters disagree with you, as do the Blood Angels, Adeptus Mechanicus tech guard, Imperial guard regiments from iron rich planets, any number of space marine chapters, Word Bearers, anyone who worships Khorne...

BRC
2007-09-21, 09:25 AM
The World Eaters disagree with you, as do the Blood Angels, Adeptus Mechanicus tech guard, Imperial guard regiments from iron rich planets, any number of space marine chapters, Word Bearers, anyone who worships Khorne...

Yes, some of them have the right idea, which makes the rest even stupider for not doing it.

Indon
2007-09-21, 12:10 PM
Yes, some of them have the right idea, which makes the rest even stupider for not doing it.

Green is a far superior colouring schema for the majority of construction.

Now, sometimes Red feels right to include, sometimes even prolifically. But speed really isn't a part of that calculation. If someone wants speed, they can step up and be a member of the air corps (not my thing, but they have my respect).

Rogue 7
2007-09-21, 09:33 PM
But Khorne, though - Khorne is awesome. I'd set up a fight club/temple in his honor, with fights varying in brutality depending on the participants. See, we want young people to survive so that they can grow up and produce more fighters, so children fight without weapons. Teenagers get sticks and clubs, the heaviness of which increases as they age. Once you're over twenty, you get knives, and later swords. The elderly fight with chainsaws. Participation would be mandatory for all males old enough to walk at least once a week, and for most females as well.

Would that be too orderly to really be in the spirit of Khorne?

Bwah-ha ha! "Khorne cares not whose blood flows, only that it flows, and in oceanic quantities". They wouldn't really have a choice, they'd kill each other with whatever they had.

Dethcom1
2007-09-22, 01:51 AM
I just had to say something that I thought invalidates the OP; Tzeentch is, as we all know, the god of permanent change. The OP describes change to bring about a world of order - this is anathema to Tzeentch. It is far more beneficial to him/her/it to keep the war and petty revolutions, to keep humanity in a state of permanent anarchy, as that is true Chaos.

That's my take on it at least.