PDA

View Full Version : The ago old question - ASI Level 8

nickl_2000
2018-06-07, 10:37 AM
Playing a VHuman Moon Druid as a combination melee character and caster. The rest of the party is a melee bladelock, a melee EK, and a melee stone sorcerer. I'm the only healer in the party, running the following stats. The campaign is expected to go to somewhere between level 16 and 18, and it's possible that I will be going 1 level of life/arcana cleric at level 11 for bonus healing, bonus cantrips, versatility in spell selection.
Str 9
Dex 14
Con 18
Int 10
Wis 18
Cha 6

I currently have the healer Feat from level 1 and Sentinel from level 4 and when we are fighting med or smaller critters the bladelock with mounted combatant will use my character as an intelligent mount and keep my safer at the same time. My play style is very much, cast a spell that has concentration and then shift to wildshape form and mix it up in melee.

So far the campaign has been everything from dungeon crawling, to fort siege, to open field battles, and I'm not sure where it will go from there (I know the next thing will be combat against Giants and Ogres).

Here is the struggle that we all have. What to do at level 8. Do I take the ASI to max out Wis, do I take resilient con (there has been a lot of poison and disease so far, but I recently got an attunement magic item that gives me advantage against poison and disease saves and another non-attunement item that gives +1 to all saves), warcaster, spell sniper, or mobile?

My cantrips are Produce Flame, Chill Touch (campaign specific background bonus), Guidance, and Shillelagh currently and I have an attunement primal mask that let's me cast 1 Druid cantrip a day with a successful DC 10 nature check. If I took spell sniper, I would probably pick up Primal Savagery as my spell to give me a melee option that will outpace Shillelagh.

Thoughts? Advice? What would you do?

hymer
2018-06-07, 10:55 AM
Thoughts? Advice? What would you do?
Wis 18 is sufficient, so I wouldn't sweat it about upping that. Especially since you wild shape so much.

If you feel like your Concentration is holding up, I think I'd go with Mobile. It will go really well with Air and Earth elementals.