PDA

View Full Version : 2 race types?

kbob
2018-06-07, 12:53 PM
So is it possible to have 2 race types? I have a char that is unseelie fey (changes race to fey) but he also has the otherworldly feat (race to Outsider). Would he be an outsider fey? He is from another plane but one of his parents were fey?
I've seen conflicting comments on this from an online search.

Nifft
2018-06-07, 12:55 PM
You'd have only one Type.

There are some templates that allow you to treat yourself as if you were also a member of your previous Type -- one of the Half-Ogre templates has that perk, for example.

Red Fel
2018-06-07, 01:09 PM
This is all assuming you could even take Otherworldly, given that as a Regional feat, it's limited to a few (Humanoid) races. Assuming your DM ignores it, though, the feat comes after chargen - after you've selected your race and stats, you take the feat. And it explicitly changes your type to Outsider [Native], so that's your type. As Nifft says, you only get one type, although you can have loads of subtypes.

Telonius
2018-06-07, 02:32 PM
Agreeing with Red Fel.

If you're already set on being an Unseelie Fey, I don't think there's that much benefit in getting Otherworldly. There are too many pesky Cleric spells that can target outsiders specifically; there are far fewer things that are specifically anti-Fey. +2 Diplomacy and Darkvision (which you might already have depending on the rolls) aren't worth a feat.