PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Overwatch. (3.5 D&D.)

Metahuman1
2018-06-07, 04:37 PM
So, I've recently had an idea for some encounters for a Gestalt Monster Party. I want to stat out characters from the game Overwatch for them to brawl with as like, Mini Bosses/Boss fights.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stat out the individual overwatch characters?

The closer to what the characters play like, the better!

Psyren
2018-06-07, 05:14 PM
A quick Google search found a bunch of threads doing that for Pathfinder, so you should be able to convert those to 3.5 just fine. (Here's an example (https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_RPG/comments/77strv/omnics_and_orisons_pathfinder_builds_for_all_25/))

ComaVision
2018-06-07, 05:46 PM
Brigitte is pretty much a straight Crusader. Ruby Knight Vindicator if you want to make her healier.

Arbane
2018-06-07, 06:08 PM
Reinhardt is a Dungeoncrasher Fighter.

Metahuman1
2018-06-08, 07:57 PM
Psyren: I was hoping NOT to have to dive through Reddit and what I frankly find to be a generally unpleasant and unfriendly interface and user lay out.

ComaVision: Can you elaborate on why RKV specifically? I got the idea Crusader was the hit them and heal allies at the same time class?

Any suggestions for simulating the stun ability?

Arbane: Any suggestions for how to mimic the shield and his ability's other than charge?

Arbane
2018-06-09, 06:07 PM
Arbane: Any suggestions for how to mimic the shield and his ability's other than charge?

Well, it's a shield. Shields generally suck in D&D, so have it provide him and allies with cover if he moves slowly and doesn't attack? (And keep track of attacks that hit it instead of their targets, if you want to track its HP.)

And he can also throw firebolts, and has a mass knockdown/stun by smashing the ground.

flappeercraft
2018-06-09, 06:12 PM
Reinhardt's shield would probably be a Large Tower Shield made of Riverine.

Castilonium
2018-06-09, 06:46 PM
Reinhardt's shield is the Crusader's Shield veil from Akashic Mysteries (Pathfinder, Dreamscarred Press). It's like a mini wall of force with less HP and hardness that you project as a move action. Reinhardt is even called a Crusader in Overwatch lore.

Swaoeaeieu
2018-06-10, 10:35 AM
i remember reading through the magic item compendium and seeing a buckler that can project a 15 ft wall of force and thinking ''this is perfect for reinheart builds'' but i forget the name. its somewhere in there though :P

Psyren
2018-06-11, 03:58 AM
i remember reading through the magic item compendium and seeing a buckler that can project a 15 ft wall of force and thinking ''this is perfect for reinheart builds'' but i forget the name. its somewhere in there though :P

Barricade Buckler I think. It's only 5x5 though.