PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

Pages : [1] 2

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-07, 04:30 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Halo_3_final_boxshot.JPG
*drool*
So who else is gonna get it? I know I am. I am going to get Xbox Live for the sole purpose of playing this online. :smallbiggrin:

Only 18 more days...

Raiser Blade
2007-09-07, 04:34 PM
I'm gonna get it Sep. 23 at midnight. Can't wait to start getting owned online all over again.

Triaxx
2007-09-07, 05:11 PM
While the first game was a very good shooter, and tremendous fun to play, and the second had a beautifully done online component, I'm not seeing enough change to warrant actually buying the third game.

TheOtherMC
2007-09-07, 05:37 PM
While the first game was a very good shooter, and tremendous fun to play, and the second had a beautifully done online component, I'm not seeing enough change to warrant actually buying the third game.

4 Player off/online co-op.

.....Yeah, you're jealous :smallbiggrin:

Freelance Henchman
2007-09-07, 07:52 PM
I dont have a Xbox360 and am not going to buy one, so I guess I'll have to read up on the Internet how the story ends when the game is out :smallfrown:

blackout
2007-09-07, 08:12 PM
*is getting it*Masterchiefmasterchiefmasterchiefmasterchief... .

Arbiterarbiterarbiterarbiter....

Halohalohalohalohalo....

Gunsgunsgunsguns....

Newgearnewgearnewgearnewgear....

13_CBS
2007-09-07, 08:19 PM
Hmm...as cool as the co-op thing sounds, will it really be as strong a selling point as the actual online play? I mean, AFAIK, the single player stuff isn't very appealing after the first time you run through it, unless there's tons and tons of new things and secrets to be found by playing with 4 people at once...

blackout
2007-09-07, 08:22 PM
Simply put, my good man? Online roleplaying while playing an FPS. And squad-level tactics.

Fun, no?

"Grenade out!"

Leper_Kahn
2007-09-07, 08:28 PM
How is it possible that there was no halo 3 thread until today?

Generic PC
2007-09-07, 08:32 PM
Truly, we shall not know... buying it anyway...

13_CBS
2007-09-07, 08:42 PM
Simply put, my good man? Online roleplaying while playing an FPS. And squad-level tactics.

Fun, no?

"Grenade out!"

And how will that sell the game as much as multiplayer did for Halo 2? Had Halo 2 not had a multiplayer system (and instead was limited to a system link system a la halo 1), then Halo 2 would have just been mostly a "meh" game. Likewise, unless the new co-op system adds a whole new level of play like multiplayer did, I don't think Halo 3 will be much more than Halo 2 made prettier and with some more stuff.

blackout
2007-09-07, 08:49 PM
Well, it lets you play the single player campaign online. That is something that Halos 1 and 2 did not do...if I'm not mistaken. :smallconfused:

13_CBS
2007-09-07, 09:08 PM
Well, it lets you play the single player campaign online. That is something that Halos 1 and 2 did not do...if I'm not mistaken. :smallconfused:

Well, yes. But will it be a huge selling point as multiplayer was to HAlo 2? Or will it just be a fancy gimmick?

I personally think it will be the latter, unless, again, Bungie adds a whole new level of gameplay somehow by introducing up to two more players in a co-op game.

blackout
2007-09-07, 09:14 PM
Well, that's the idea. For example, one guy hangs back with the rocket launcher, the rest run up the middle with rifles. The guy with the rocket launcher takes out a tank that none of the rest are equipped to deal with, while everyone else handles infantry. And when you're done with an enemy squad? Divide up the loot.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-07, 09:59 PM
drool............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................

im so sorry im so pumped and ready i dint even have a 360 yet but im gonna get the halo 3 editon 360 and i got my halo 3 preordered and will arive on the 25 ive planned my day to do nuthin but play halo for 16 hours and have friend over then i gotta sell my ds to get live so i can play online when im done with the campain

BR4life
2007-09-07, 10:29 PM

Not enough change!!!!! Apparently you haven't read much about it. One major difference is the forge. A mode that you can change up the already made maps, and play a game at the same time. Its hard to explain but just look it up. Also the shared films and maps from the forge adds quite a bit. I was in the beta and i can say that while it did play much like Halo and Halo 2 it did have a new feel to it. Another thing, is more Halo multiplayer really a bad thing. Another new feature is the new armors, new mongoose and elephant (both new vehicles.) Many new weapons including the 2 new grenades. Another big reason to get this game is to FINISH THE FIGHT. Its not the same if you just read what it is. Also with over a million pre orders and closing in on two million, this is going to be one of the biggest games.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-07, 10:51 PM
correction this is the biggest game

Setra
2007-09-07, 11:05 PM
I don't see the hype.

I might eventually get it, IF it comes to the PC anyways. It's a decent series.

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-08, 12:19 AM
Haaaaaaaaaalloooooooo...

*Drools*

Already have a 360. Will be buying this as soon as I have the money. Legendary edition, if I can find it.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-08, 12:26 AM
The only problem is, do I get Halo 3 or Bioshock...decisions decision-

HALO 3 HALO 3 HALO 3.

Well, that was fast. :smalltongue:

Setra
2007-09-08, 01:46 AM
The only problem is, do I get Halo 3 or Bioshock...decisions decision-

HALO 3 HALO 3 HALO 3.

Well, that was fast. :smalltongue:
Are you kidding me?

How in the WORLD could Halo even compete with Bioshock?

Crilley
2007-09-08, 01:50 AM
Looks to be just as overhyped as the other two. Im not saying it wont be alright, but it wont live up to the hype. Its still just another "kill everything that moves" FPS, except with better graphics.

Its a sad day when graphics become the major selling point of a game...

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-08, 04:03 AM
Graphics? Don't give a trout about graphics. I want my story arc conclusion, dammit!

Plus I already have Bioshock. I'm allowed to drool over Halo now. *drools*

Artemician
2007-09-08, 05:46 AM
Are you kidding me?

How in the WORLD could Halo even compete with Bioshock?

Halo is better than Bioshock. From a casual gamer's perspective. We don't want to partake in a gothicke plot involving disturbingly non-Euclidean geometry and even the even-more disturbing "Little girl" and "big daddy" thing they have going on there.

We just want to frag aliens. And each other. In a manner that is as simple and fun as possible.

Now, I understand the whole "FPRPG" that's going on in Bioshock, and how some people might like it. But to a casual gamer like me? I'm just not interested.

Midnight Son
2007-09-08, 10:18 AM
My friend keeps touting Bioshock as "the best game evah!" but I never have much cared for first person and without the ability to frag my friends, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Halo all the way baby! they have the best multiplayer set up of any game I've seen. Prepare to be Pwned ye Noobs!:smallcool:

Ranis
2007-09-08, 10:24 AM
How in the nine hells are you guys getting it on the 23rd?

Gungnir
2007-09-08, 10:38 AM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2007/07/11/xbox360_halo.jpg
Can't wait for it to get here...

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-08, 10:47 AM
How in the nine hells are you guys getting it on the 23rd?

Wait, what? *checks math*

I don't know what you're talking about.

And let me be perfectly clear. I really want Bioshock. I love the game, and I played it at my friends house and it was just totally awesome.

But

1: It's somewhat short, so in staying at my friend's house for two days, I'm already up to Hephaestus. Halo 3 will give me more content for my $60 or whatever, so I think I'll wait on Bioshock.
2: I thought the other games were over-hyped, but then again, I've never actually played online. This will probably prove me wrong.
3: 4-player online co-op. I mean, how can you beat that?
4: I want to see the end of the story, dernit! >.<

Ranis
2007-09-08, 11:13 AM
No, seriously. It's supposed to come out on the 25th. How are you getting it on the 23rd?

Crispy Dave
2007-09-08, 11:56 AM
there usin jedi mind powers to confuse you to get you wile your weak

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-08, 12:57 PM
I never said anything about getting it on the 23rd..

Mr._Blinky
2007-09-08, 06:48 PM
If it doesn't have the same moronic matchmaking system for multiplayer as H2 did, then I'll be completely happy with it.:smallsmile:

2007-09-08, 06:52 PM
The Flood are gonna be in it. :smallsigh:

And it looks like you'll be the Arbiter again too.

Don't get me wrong, I like the character of the Arbiter... but I play Halo to be Master Chief. Not some alien with four thumbs and a purple HUD.

blackout
2007-09-08, 06:59 PM
The Flood are gonna be in it. :smallsigh:

And it looks like you'll be the Arbiter again too.

Don't get me wrong, I like the character of the Arbiter... but I play Halo to be Master Chief. Not some alien with four thumbs and a purple HUD.

I've heard that there's the possibility of you playing as the son of Tartarus(the guy that you killed in the last mission of Halo 2.)for some missions, and then choosing which way you want the campaign to end, in favor of the UNSC, or in favor of the Covenant, and the way each one ends is different....'this is the way the world ends...'

Triaxx
2007-09-08, 07:56 PM
Not enough change!!!!! Apparently you haven't read much about it. One major difference is the forge. A mode that you can change up the already made maps, and play a game at the same time. Its hard to explain but just look it up.

I've been able to do this since HALO PC came out.

Also the shared films and maps from the forge adds quite a bit.

HALO PC has it.

Another new feature is the new armors, new mongoose and elephant (both new vehicles.) Many new weapons including the 2 new grenades.

HALO PC.

Another big reason to get this game is to FINISH THE FIGHT. Its not the same if you just read what it is. Also with over a million pre orders and closing in on two million, this is going to be one of the biggest games.

And repeat the same story as the first two?

Fight Covenant, Fight Flood, Stop Giant Ring.

Ranis
2007-09-08, 09:39 PM
I never said anything about getting it on the 23rd..

Right, you didn't.

I'm gonna get it Sep. 23 at midnight. Can't wait to start getting owned online all over again.

But he did. And I want to know how. Like, right now.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-08, 09:40 PM
Why? Because he is a ninja obviously.

Either that or he works at a game store and is going to sneak one of the copies out early.

Ranis
2007-09-08, 09:54 PM
If he does do that, then the moment, the SECOND, he signs on to Xbox Live, when the game comes out or not, he's going to get his butt banned because Bungee is going to literally have about 300 people working for two days straight to find people with the achievements upon launch and such. Basically, they're cracking down hardcore, like they did ninja-style in the Halo 3 Beta. (There was a program in the H3 Beta download that banned your console from XBL if you had tampered with the software in your 360 for any reason. And made it so that you couldn't trade it in to a Gamestop. Quite clever.)

Tormsskull
2007-09-08, 10:00 PM
I'm getting the game on the 25th, and I already have a Halo 3 party scheduled for that Saturday.

I hope it rocks.

Mr._Blinky
2007-09-08, 10:05 PM
I've been able to do this since HALO PC came out.
Um, how, without modding, which by the way doesn't count as part of the game?

HALO PC has it.
No it doesn't.

HALO PC.
I'd be curious to see how you got two new grenade types, the Mongoose, and the Elephant into a game TWO GAMES PREVIOUS.

Generic PC
2007-09-08, 10:25 PM
Indeed. that also confuses me...

Mr._Blinky
2007-09-09, 12:55 AM
Okay, I was surprisingly un-psyked before, but I just saw the E3 trailer.

I am now sufficiently psyked.

That is all.

Triaxx
2007-09-09, 05:34 AM
Um, how, without modding, which by the way doesn't count as part of the game?

Yet your whole point surrounds 'The Forge' an in-game modding tool. I rest my case.

No it doesn't.

As before, it's an outside application, like that which has been added to H3.

I'd be curious to see how you got two new grenade types, the Mongoose, and the Elephant into a game TWO GAMES PREVIOUS.

Yet more wonderful modifications. The modding was more limited, due to engine limitations, but like everything else, it was a mere task for programmers to add it in. Of course the grenades I was using were different than the two new ones.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-09, 07:00 AM
Yet your whole point surrounds 'The Forge' an in-game modding tool. I rest my case.

OMG guess what? If something is in-game, it's part of the game, and therefore not external to it.

As before, it's an outside application, like that which has been added to H3.

See above, and "The Forge" comes with Halo 3 out of the box/case/disc/whatever, whereas you, by your own admission, used an external program. So it doesn't count.

Yet more wonderful modifications. The modding was more limited, due to engine limitations, but like everything else, it was a mere task for programmers to add it in. Of course the grenades I was using were different than the two new ones.

What part of "modding doesn't count as part of the game" didn't you understand?

Mr._Blinky
2007-09-09, 02:10 PM
Yeah, LIO pretty much made the same points I would. All the tools we're talking about are internal to the game, whereas you're talking external. If you want to include external mods to what makes a game great, then if I completely rewrite the programming on a crappy game to make it amazing, it is then just as amazing as the mod. Sorry, doesn't work like that.

Logic
2007-09-09, 04:29 PM
I am supposed to have it waiting for me as soon as I get back to the states. :smallbiggrin:

blackout
2007-09-09, 04:39 PM
Is no one going to question the validity of the rumor I posted towards the top of this page? :smallconfused:

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-09, 04:41 PM
Nope.

In other news, I reserved my Limited Edition today! And I get two little ActionClix figures of Master Chief and the Arbiter! Life is good. :smallbiggrin:

Gungnir
2007-09-09, 04:57 PM

It's not even really modding, its more of sandbox. We can't change the box itself, but we can make some really kickass sand castles out of fusion cores.

Apparently a Bungie employee made a string of fusion cores so long, that by the chain had gone all the way around the loop, they started respawning, so it went forever. Great way to make the middle of a map more hazardous for vehicles.

Oh, and if you want to be all skeptical about H3, go to the other thread. This area is for believers only.

Logic
2007-09-09, 05:03 PM
Oh, and if you want to be all skeptical about H3, go to the other thread. This area is for believers only.

Actually, since we "believers" are welcome in the other thread as long as we behave ourselves, those that wish to explain Halo's faults are welcome here as well, provided they behave themselves.

Ranis
2007-09-09, 10:10 PM
Actually, this still in no way tells me how someone is going to get it on the 23rd. I must know. I can't stress that enough.

Setra
2007-09-09, 10:19 PM
Actually, this still in no way tells me how someone is going to get it on the 23rd. I must know. I can't stress that enough.
Well..

A typo maybe?

Gungnir
2007-09-09, 11:35 PM
Actually, since we "believers" are welcome in the other thread as long as we behave ourselves, those that wish to explain Halo's faults are welcome here as well, provided they behave themselves.

I was going to say that we've only been going in there to execute defensive maneuvers, but honestly its kinda gone astray, so I guess we could take in a few refugees, belligerent as they may be.:smalltongue:

Ranis
2007-09-10, 05:59 AM
Well..

A typo maybe?

Maybe. Regardless, I will continue to crack heads until that person actually looks in this thread again and tells me how this is so.

Triaxx
2007-09-10, 08:43 AM
Internal, or external programs don't mean anything. Either way, it's still modding. If I'm not mistaken, Starcraft shipped with it's map editor as well. No one disputes that those are mods.

But getting back to the actual topic, if Halo goes back to it's roots of the first game, ditching the stupid boss fight's and just sending waves of very intelligent foes at us, then it will be a great shooter. If I have to fight a boss, the game is completely hopeless.

Of course I'm going to buy it, even if there isn't enough change to warrant it. It'll push the 360 over the value mark.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-10, 10:31 AM
HALO3..........................uggggggggg......... .....................gaaaaaaaa.................... .........drooooool................................ ...................:smallbiggrin:

2007-09-10, 12:07 PM
Is no one going to question the validity of the rumor I posted towards the top of this page? :smallconfused:

Do people realize that "This is the way the world ends" is a quote from T. S. Eliot's "The Hollow Men"?

The compete line is:

"This is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper."

Sort of sets a different feel for Halo 3, eh?

Pyrodragon
2007-09-10, 11:22 PM
Mmm...Halo 3

I work at a Coldstone Creamery 3 stores down from a game stop in a stripmall...

We're staying open till midnight because theres over 200 preorders at the Gamestop, most of whom will be there for the midnight opening...

So, they'll be in line for a few hours...with nothing there but Ice Cream...

And then the guys at game stop are gonna let us in the back door so we don't have to wait in line.

2 weeks....

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-11, 02:32 AM
Do people realize that "This is the way the world ends" is a quote from T. S. Eliot's "The Hollow Men"?

The compete line is:

"This is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper."

Sort of sets a different feel for Halo 3, eh?

I do. Though I think Cortana may have been disputing the second part of the line. Like "THIS is the way the world ends", rather than a direct quote.

Gungnir
2007-09-11, 06:36 AM
And then the guys at game stop are gonna let us in the back door so we don't have to wait in line.

You might want to rethink that plan. More than a hundred rabid Halo fans camping out till midnight, with surely the most rabid at the front, then they see a few people going in the back door, bypassing them. S**t will go down.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-11, 10:04 AM
if you go through the back door and s**t does go down have a vidoe camra ready and post the vidoe here or alink to it on youtube

Gungnir
2007-09-11, 12:24 PM
It's started. Someone put up Australian copies of Halo 3 on eBay. Both auctions got the ax already, fortunately.

Pyrodragon
2007-09-11, 02:49 PM
The Metal shutters will still be down over the windows...

and theres a full alleyway in the back.

Ranis
2007-09-11, 05:01 PM
You still shouldn't do it, though. It's really, really, REALLY unfair.

Pyrodragon
2007-09-11, 07:00 PM
At the same time though..we cant wait in line. We have to work. If we weren't working, we'd be there super early anyways.

Ranis
2007-09-11, 07:40 PM
News flash: You don't *have* to get it on midnight. Seriously. It's still just a game.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-11, 07:42 PM
News flash: You don't *have* to get it on midnight. Seriously. It's still just a game.

Lies and slander. Of course I have to get it at midnight-
*checks date*
Noooo! Damn you school! :smallmad:

Oh well, I guess getting it the same day it's released isn't too bad :smalltongue:

2007-09-11, 08:29 PM
The only reason I buy games on release date nowadays is because if I don't then I have to cut myself off from the internet and TV and friends until I do otherwise someone will spoil the story for me.

What? I like Halo's plot.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-11, 11:51 PM
Oops i meant the 24th at Midnight.

Also the list of things halo 3 has that 1 and 2 dont is pretty damn big.

Bubble shields
Shield Drains
Spikers
Spike grenades
Assault rifle (in 1 not 2)
Missle pods
Spartan Laser

and a couple new vehicles.

And thats not even all.

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-12, 01:02 AM
I've pre-ordered my copy. I'll probably be camped out with the others at the entrance to the store. Heck, I'll go there straight from work if I have it that day, and stand around for six and a half hours if I have to.

Why? Because my preorder is only good till Oct 4, and I expect it will take much longer than that for most people to get a copy.

Gungnir
2007-09-12, 11:12 AM
Damn. People at Gamestop aren't allowed to even break the tape on the shipping boxes for H3, or they will be immediately fired. Security is hardcore.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-12, 12:40 PM
I wish i still knew somone who owned a gamestore ide have bioshock an halo 3 360 halo 3 and all the stuff in between

jjpickar
2007-09-12, 05:55 PM
Sounds cool for you guys. Its always exciting when something new comes out.

As for me, Halo is just okay. (Goes back to playing Metroid Prime 3)

Ranis
2007-09-12, 06:08 PM
I wish i still knew somone who owned a gamestore ide have bioshock an halo 3 360 halo 3 and all the stuff in between

.........uh?

Crispy Dave
2007-09-12, 06:50 PM
my firend's family used to own a game storeand i could get games for thier prce and days befor realease dates and i cant afford to get bioshock yet and i dont have a 360 because im getting the spiecle edition halo 3 one this sunday

Ranis
2007-09-12, 08:11 PM
No, as in, I can't understand that post. Can you clarify?

LordVader
2007-09-12, 08:18 PM
He said, he wishes he still had mad hook-ups with store employees because now he can't afford BioShock or Halo 3.

Gungnir
2007-09-12, 08:19 PM
I wish I still knew someone who owned a Gamestop; I'd have Bioshock, Halo 3, a 360 and everything else in between.

Fixed that for you.

Edit: Okay, I can understand games being overhyped, but I think people are going too far with the new commercial. It's a cool commercial (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/12/watch-the-new-halo-3-ad-museum/), but I think the term moved is a bit strong.

Edit Edit: By the way, the diorama by itself makes the commercial worth watching.

Ranis
2007-09-12, 08:47 PM
Okay, that's a great ad. It's seriously something unique, and I hope Microsoft is paying whoever made that ad well. It'll do it's job.

Demented
2007-09-12, 08:47 PM
Saw it on Gametrailers, but that version has slightly better color, I think.

Mr._Blinky
2007-09-12, 10:41 PM
I have to say, the people who make the Halo trailers in general are amazing. Every time I settle in that it's over-hyped, they come out with a new one and by the end I'm just going "HOLY S**T! BADASS!"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-12, 10:41 PM
I really love that ad.

skreweded
2007-09-12, 10:58 PM
Here is what my impression of the halo series has been.

Halo: ZOMG ITS LIKE REVOLUTIONARY!! ITS A GOOD GAME!! When in reality, it is a decent game, not great, not bad, but so many fanboys hyped it up, it just got such a rep that it is almost like an instant life sentance to say it isnt perfect.

Halo 2: ZOMG ITS LIKE THEY MADE IT LOOK BETTER!!! The exact same game, but with shiny graphics. 3-4 years later (I think... hmm) Great. So, for the time, not a good game. Passable. 2/5 in my opinion.

Whats to say halo 3 will be better? I am one of the only 360 owners, it seems, that isn't willing to pay full price for it. Oh well.

Oh, and 5 years after it comes out on the 360, it comes to the pc.

Then they take an already weak story, and turn it into an RTS.

Then they put that RTS onto a console.

Sorry. Just don't care. :smallbiggrin:

the_tick_rules
2007-09-13, 12:15 AM
i wanna have em explain how halo 2 ended. how was the covenant beiseging earth when only the forerunner ship jumped and that small covenant fleet at the start had been eliminated right? did reinforcements show up and we just didn't see it?

Ranis
2007-09-13, 06:07 AM
Sorry. Just don't care. :smallbiggrin:

If you don't care about it that much, why did you bother to write all of that?

Crispy Dave
2007-09-13, 11:53 AM
well yes wile master chief was gone more renforcments arived mostly brutes read the books thier very good

Ranis
2007-09-14, 07:09 AM
ELEVEN DAYS.

That is all.

Malpik Azhurer
2007-09-14, 10:30 AM
I don't know if this is true:
A friend of mine told me that in the co-op one would be MC and the others would be Elites.

I would like you guys to shed some light in the matter.

Ranis
2007-09-14, 11:50 AM
Man, that would suck. I haven't heard anything about it, though.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-14, 03:57 PM
It's true. Player One gets to be Master Chief, player two is the Arbiter, player 3 is N’tho ‘Sraom, and player four is Usze ‘Taham. No, I don't know how to pronounce those names either. They've got a little backstory in the Wikipedia Halo 3 article.

They say it's for "plot reasons." Personally, I don't really care...makes more sense than four Master Chief's running around.

blackout
2007-09-14, 04:02 PM
They need marine players.

MARINES NEED LOVE TOO!

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-14, 05:02 PM
Man, that would suck. I haven't heard anything about it, though.

Why would it suck?

Generic PC
2007-09-14, 05:45 PM
Being a Marine would suck cause you would have no reason for why you got hit with a grenade and didnt die. You only have Body armour and a helmet, which isnt as good as MC's Mjolnir arnour or what ever it is.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-14, 06:09 PM
Ranis was referring to other participants in the splitscreen campaign being elites.

Keris
2007-09-14, 06:26 PM
For me it would suck because I've never liked playing as an Elite. While the Arbiter levels of Halo 2 were impotant because they explained what else was going on and portrayed the Covenant as more than just 'enemies', for me Halo is all about Master Chief.
I don't have a 360 (my friend has resigned himself to playing through on co-op the first time), and don't want to be stuck playing as a race I don't like, and spawning with a Carbine instead of a Battle Rifle.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-14, 06:48 PM
The controls are all the same, though, with the exception of the Active Camo/flashlight thing... and to be honest, there've been many times in the Master Chief missions when I've wished for the Active Camo.

And in my experience, the Carbine and the Battle Rifle perform almost identically, except that the Carbine fires fewer shots, which are more powerful than any single Carbine round to make up for it.

Keris
2007-09-14, 07:18 PM
While the character models may play the same, particularly since the light/camo button is the new 'X', I still prefer looking human, albiet wearing Mylonir armour, and shooting human weapons, even if there is no difference and there is more Covenant ammo available.
Also, minor point, Elites do have a larger head than Master Chief, making them more vunerable to headshots.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-14, 07:25 PM
Eh, fine. To each their own, and all that.

Ranis
2007-09-14, 11:03 PM
Link me to where you found that information.

Like, right now.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-14, 11:05 PM
The wiki told me. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_3#Cooperative_play)

If you don't believe me, ask Bungie. (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=thesoundofsack)

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-15, 02:11 AM
Maybe they have a bigger head, but it's lower on the body. Easier to get a torso shot when a headshot is what you wanted. That's been my experience anyways...

Also, I like playing as an elite.

Ranis
2007-09-15, 07:20 AM
It's common knowledge in Halo 2 by anyone who plays it semi-regularly that being an Elite is a seriously distinct disadvantage. Their heads are bigger, they're simply bigger, and about the only thing that they have going for them is that it's harder to get a headshot on them from behind.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-15, 08:59 AM
In my experience in Halo, what appears to be a headshot isn't always one, what doesn't appear to be one sometimes is, and the odds of a headshot are pretty even, Elite or Spartan.

The only imbalance I could think of is the active camo/flashlight, but I'm pretty sure they're either going to give Master Chief active camo or give the Elites flashlights and make active camo a power up.

Ranis
2007-09-15, 09:02 AM
I'm talking about in multiplayer. Elites don't have active camo in multiplayer, it's just a different sprite.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-15, 09:03 AM
I am well aware. I was talking about the campaign.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-15, 12:59 PM
10 days
and 1 day till i pick up my steaming halo 3 360

drool............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

that is all

Crispy Dave
2007-09-16, 11:05 AM
sorry for double post but todays the day! im so happy today im pickin up my baby for gamestop and perhaps bioshock depending on how much i get for my old xbox and hahahahahaha hahahahahaha i got a halo 3 360 hahahahaha

Pyrodragon
2007-09-17, 10:42 PM
Bungie has confirmed that Elites in H3 Multiplayer have the same sized hitbox for a headshot now.

Also, the ending has been leaked, so be careful where you look.

Triaxx
2007-09-18, 06:25 AM
Yay now I don't need to play it.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-18, 06:16 PM
is no place safe you cant even look on the internet without getting the spoiler of........o wait this is the internet

Crispy Dave
2007-09-18, 06:21 PM
They need marine players.

MARINES NEED LOVE TOO!
I think it would be cool if they had difrent races in multiplayer sprtans have shields sparon 3 camo elites less shield and small cammo sentinal flying flood rebirth etc.

Triaxx
2007-09-18, 06:25 PM
V *pokes crispy dave in the eyes so he won't accidently see any spoilers*

Yeah, I'm nice like that.

LordVader
2007-09-18, 06:30 PM
Well, for any of you who know the game HeroClix, they're making a HaloClix one. I plan to play with entirely Marines.:smallcool:

I third the "Let us play as Marines" motion.

Albub
2007-09-18, 06:42 PM
Well I

.13x10exp4
-------------
cos56

it

Hungry Kobold
2007-09-18, 07:47 PM
Yea, verily I shalt move my coinpurse such that I may, barring should Fortune frown upon my most humble endeavor, gain for myself, and for no other man, that which we do so fondly speak on.

Yes, I want it. And I will have it. I've got it reserved and everything. All I've got to do now is wait the 6 days. I should manage, but, dang, I'm excited.

Ranis
2007-09-18, 10:53 PM
Well I

.13x10exp4
-------------
cos56

it

That pretty much sums it up for me, too. Or, it would, if that made sense.

Ranis
2007-09-19, 02:49 PM
SIX DAYS!!!!!

That is all.

PlatinumJester
2007-09-19, 03:12 PM
Personally I loved Halo and Halo 2 but I'm a bit sceptical about Halo 3. All this hype about new guns, gear, vehcles etc is very similar to the pre Halo 2 hype but lets face it Halo 2 wasn't revolutionary and was really just an expansion of the original. That said it does look very fun and if all goes well then it wil be more than a Halo 2 expansion.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-19, 06:52 PM
{Scrubbed}

Darken Rahl
2007-09-20, 01:29 PM
I'm somewhat angered by the fact that Halo 3 begins sometime after Halo 2's ending, but the bridging comic, Halo:Uprising, won't be fully released until 2008. WTF, mate?

Crispy Dave
2007-09-20, 07:06 PM
It always helps to blame canida

Albub
2007-09-20, 07:07 PM
What on Earth is canida? Sounds like a game old folks would play.

RTGoodman
2007-09-20, 07:13 PM
As you can tell by my preparatory avatar, I'm totally ready. In fact, I also just bought the Halo 3 Edition Xbox360 (not sure much because I'm a total nerd, but because it's a good mid-level buy between the original that has so many problems, and the Elite that's so expensive).

If I can get my Xbox Live account set back up (I haven't played on Live in over a year), I'll be all set. :smallbiggrin:

Crispy Dave
2007-09-21, 09:36 AM
I baught the halo 3 one too Ive already kissed it..........YES thats all I did!!!!!!!

Tekraen
2007-09-21, 10:01 AM
What on Earth is canida? Sounds like a game old folks would play.

You're thinking of Canasta.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-21, 10:52 AM
Canada you know that place above the united states

havent you ever seen the south park movie?

Crispy Dave
2007-09-21, 12:08 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57538

heres the link to the halo 3 avitar contest

Narix
2007-09-21, 02:25 PM
Who's your favorite character from the Halo universe? Mine is the Arbiter

Darken Rahl
2007-09-21, 02:35 PM
Man, I hate the arbiter. It gets great playing with Chief and the BAM, I'm stuck playing a sharp smurf.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-21, 02:43 PM
arbiter is dumb real men play halo 1

Albub
2007-09-21, 04:14 PM
Canada you know that place above the united states

havent you ever seen the south park movie?

I have bro, it's just, well, canida and Canada are really different. I mean, canida isn't even capitalized, it can't be a place because proper nouns are capitalized. And I'm willing to bet all of you $1 jillion that I'll get a copy within the first 24 hours of release without preordering.

Ranis
2007-09-21, 08:13 PM
arbiter is dumb real men play halo 1

So a character in the Halo series who is fighting for the survival of his race who has been betrayed by everything he's believed in his entire life is automatically crappy? Or maybe it's the fact that he's an Elite. If that's the case, then it's extremely shallow.

blackout
2007-09-21, 08:23 PM
Dude, it's called PLOT. Also, Active Camo ftw.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-21, 08:28 PM
Man, I hate the arbiter. It gets great playing with Chief and the BAM, I'm stuck playing a sharp smurf.

A sharp smurf? A smurf?

My friend, there is something tragically wrong with either your Halo 2 game or your eyesight.

This is a smurf: http://cartuneman.com/new/papa_smurf.jpg
This is the Arbiter from Halo 2: http://www.clarkson.edu/projects/itl/projects/projectChallenge/2006/students/logan_adams/arbiter.jpg

Please note the rather substantial differences between the two, to wit:

A smurf is small, vividly blue, rather revoltingly adorable and moralistic, and unarmed.

The Arbiter is tall, a vague sort of bluish-gray, taciturn and determined, and wielding a kickass plasma sword.

blackout
2007-09-21, 08:42 PM
Arbiter ftw. He rocks. :smallbiggrin: But the Chief will rock harder, always.

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-21, 10:29 PM
The Arbiter and John are both awesome. John is still more awesome though.

That doesn't mean he's my favourite character though. My favourite character is Sgt. Johnson.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-21, 10:35 PM
ok i dont hate the caricter i hated palying as him because the lvl designes were for the acvtive camo and the active camo sucked and lasted like 2 seconds befor it was gone and evryone turns and shoots you

Lord Iames Osari
2007-09-21, 10:39 PM
Yeah, it did have a duration problem. Still, if you got the timing of its activation right, it could be very useful.

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-22, 12:30 AM
The active camo was the Arbiter's single most useful ability. I've run through entire sections of levels without firing a single shot thanks to that particular feature. And that was on Legendary.

kpenguin
2007-09-22, 01:12 AM
Continuity question:

If the Arbiter's active camo lasted for only a short duration because he's wearing ceremonial armor that relies on less advanced tech and other elites have longer durations, what will happen with the two new elites that are being added? If they care enough about continuity to add two new elites for co-op, than they will probably address this issue.

Ranis
2007-09-22, 07:50 AM
I suppose that we'll have to find out, kpenguin. That was my initial question as well.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-22, 08:37 AM
Hmm...here are my theories.

1: The other two Elite's active camo was damaged or somesuch. Might work.
2: All the Elite's camo was destroyed, and they get flashlights instead. It'd work, but it'd be kind of disappointing.
3: Like one, but everyone, including MC, gets active camo. Could be fun, but it'd be a tad hard to explain.
4: The Arbiter's active camo is repaired, and MC gets it somehow. Fun, but it'd probably break the game.
5: Everyone just gets what they would have had due to the story. Not that fun for the Arbiter or Master Chief, and it'd probably break the game.
6: Something completely different.

Ranis
2007-09-22, 08:49 AM
Well, I see from looking at the pictures of the new elites that they both have unique-looking armor as well, so maybe it's like their tribe's ceremonial armor that's been passed down. That definitely makes the most sense to me.

And Arbiter's active camo isn't damaged; it's just extremely outdated.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-22, 08:50 AM
I know...

And yeah, that does make the most sense..
3 more days :smallbiggrin:

Bryn
2007-09-22, 09:47 AM
A sharp smurf? A smurf?

This is a smurf: http://cartuneman.com/new/papa_smurf.jpg
This is the Arbiter from Halo 2: http://www.clarkson.edu/projects/itl/projects/projectChallenge/2006/students/logan_adams/arbiter.jpg

Please note the rather substantial differences between the two, to wit:

A smurf is small, vividly blue, rather revoltingly adorable and moralistic, and unarmed.

The Arbiter is tall, a vague sort of bluish-gray, taciturn and determined, and wielding a kickass plasma sword.

So, pretty much the same then? :smalltongue:

And, for the record, this (http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacemarines/artwork/images/18-big.jpg) is a smurf. :smallwink:

Ranis
2007-09-22, 09:57 AM
Holy crap, is that the Emperor?

Bryn
2007-09-22, 10:58 AM
No, that's Papa Smurf Marneus Calgar, leader of the Smurfs Ultramarines chapter of Space Marines.

(By the way, I have a fairly large Space Marine army, but it's just so fun to mock GW's favourite chapter :smalltongue:)

Crispy Dave
2007-09-22, 11:03 AM
smurfs are cool ok and id have you know idbe waiting for a smurf game way befor halo(firgive o halo gods!)

Ranis
2007-09-22, 11:34 AM
smurfs are cool ok and id have you know idbe waiting for a smurf game way befor halo(firgive o halo gods!)

That's....er....awesome?

PlatinumJester
2007-09-22, 11:38 AM
The best character in Halo is Sergant Johnson. Aparently you MAY be able to play as him in multi player mode which would be the pimpest thing since the Wii (though X box still rocks as well).

blackout
2007-09-22, 11:53 AM
Omg Johnson! :d

Ivellios
2007-09-22, 11:57 AM
HALO 3!!!!!!!!

Woot!

It's gonna be cool!

(I'm actually listening to the halo 2 soundtrack while I write this post)

blackout
2007-09-22, 11:59 AM
Man, I love MJOLNIR mix of the Halo theme! :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2007-09-22, 05:37 PM
Wait a minute. I just got an idea about the plot. Master Chief's name is John-117. And then there's Sergeant A.J. Johnson. Johnson. John-son. John's son.

ZOMG! MASTER CHIEF IS SERGEANT JOHNSON'S FATHER! IT'S OFFICIAL, BUNGIE SAID SO!

Logic
2007-09-22, 06:05 PM
Wait a minute. I just got an idea about the plot. Master Chief's name is John-117. And then there's Sergeant A.J. Johnson. Johnson. John-son. John's son.

ZOMG! MASTER CHIEF IS SERGEANT JOHNSON'S FATHER! IT'S OFFICIAL, BUNGIE SAID SO!

His name is John. His designation is Spartan 117. The rest of what you said might be true though...

blackout
2007-09-22, 06:23 PM
Wow...that'll be amusing.

MC: Johnson, I am your father.

Johnson: Woot! Badass! *shoots a Brute for the hell of it*

MC: .....*does the same*

Ranis
2007-09-23, 11:22 AM
I figured that this would be a good time to put this up here:

Tired of all of the asshats, elitists, screamers and hackers in Halo on XBL? Well, look no more than Clan Crossfire, soon-to-be the best online Halo community there is. Our forums can be located here (http://halo.drakeweb.net/index.php), and if you'd like to ask me anything about our clan you can PM me here or in the clan forums. We really need a very tight-knit smaller group for the clan before we can begin to expand, and as such I thought it would be a good thing to bring this up to everyone here at GITP, where some of the coolest people on the intarwebs roam. So have fun and good gaming.

expirement10K14
2007-09-23, 11:23 AM
All I have to say about Halo 3 is that it is hyped up to much. Halo2 was a downgrade for one IMO and the opinion of most people I know, and these "new feature" have been around for years in Halo Custom Edition, which is not bungie. Shield grenades are the worst possible idea, through it in the corner and you can sit with the oddball and not lose. Halo 3 does not deserve commercials, its own 360, or any rating above a 9 IMO.

Ranis
2007-09-23, 11:42 AM
The Bubble Shield is not a grenade. It's an auxillary equipment you can pick up and drop. People and vehicles can walk through the shield unimpeded; it just protects against all kinds of fire.

I've never heard of this "Halo Custom Edition."

I also think it's entertaining that you apparently hate Halo and know exactly what oddball is.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-23, 08:15 PM
sheeehhh your blowing his cover in front of all his counter strike friends

13_CBS
2007-09-23, 09:21 PM
The Bubble Shield is not a grenade. It's an auxillary equipment you can pick up and drop. People and vehicles can walk through the shield unimpeded; it just protects against all kinds of fire.

I also think it's entertaining that you apparently hate Halo and know exactly what oddball is.

You've never heard of Halo: CE?

Heretic!:smallfurious: You will be branded with the Mark of Shame by a big ugly Brute in front of a screaming crowd of grunts, jackals, and other ne'er do wells.

Seriously, though, Halo CE is a version of halo for the PC that is, apparently, fairly easy to modify. They even have a halo 1 mod for halo 2.

SmartAlec
2007-09-24, 07:51 AM
Crazy thing is, I've never played Halo or Halo 2, hardly taken any notice of anything to do with the series, and I don't own - and am unlikely to get - an XBox 360. Still, I'm all fired up on this 'Finish the Fight' thing.

Power of advertising.

Ranis
2007-09-24, 07:54 AM
Crazy thing is, I've never played Halo or Halo 2, hardly taken any notice of anything to do with the series, and I don't own - and am unlikely to get - an XBox 360. Still, I'm all fired up on this 'Finish the Fight' thing.

Power of advertising.

If you want to see an example of powerful advertising, look at the iPhone.

Yes, yes I did go there. :smallbiggrin:

SmartAlec
2007-09-24, 07:59 AM
Probably has something to do with that Your world will BURN until its surface is but GLASS guy from one of those trailers. I hear that, and I think, 'That guy has to go down.'

That and the oddly catchy piano motif. Dun Duh-dun, dun dun; dun duh-dun, dun dun...

Either way. Yeah!

Ranis
2007-09-24, 09:00 AM
Probably has something to do with that Your world will BURN until its surface is but GLASS guy from one of those trailers. I hear that, and I think, 'That guy has to go down.'

Yeah, it's definitely one of the coolest Villain lines ever, in my book. First thing I thought when I heard that and saw that trailer:

"Me. Must. Play. NOW."

Crispy Dave
2007-09-24, 10:08 AM
1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1 day
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Darken Rahl
2007-09-24, 10:41 AM
12 hours!!

Afraidofsharpie
2007-09-24, 11:11 AM
Screw the hype.

Hell I don't even have a 360, but I can't wait to sit down and get down to some good old fashion frag fest. Halo 1? Okay game, not as good as some of the Computer FPS's I've played but fun none the less and the fact that I was a Sexy Shoeless God of War amongst my friends helped my ego. Halo 2? Didn't really like the story but hey I get to kill my friends again since they don't play Computer games. Halo 3? Give me a Shotgun and a Pistol and I shall own thee in close to medium range once more. My friends got there place set up for a marathon run tomorrow so I'm gonna get some nice bible quotes to say as I lay waste to them.

Darken Rahl
2007-09-24, 12:52 PM
So I called and was told to show up at 9 PM, when I can pay for my preorder and then hang out in line 'til 12, when they're simply gonna trade 'em for receipts.

Should I or shouldn't I?

I could always take a book, and it isn't like I have much ELSE to do.

Ranis
2007-09-24, 03:06 PM
If you want in and out relatively quickly, then that's what I'd do, Darken.

Darken Rahl
2007-09-24, 03:14 PM
If you want in and out relatively quickly, then that's what I'd do, Darken.

Yeah. I kinda want to play for an hour before needing to go to bed due to work tomorrow...

Crispy Dave
2007-09-24, 03:27 PM
sleep?who said anything about sleep I have a case of red bull and 2 pounds of skittles

Demented
2007-09-24, 06:20 PM

What's the oddball?

Does it have anything to do with that "Kill the man with the ball" game mode from Marathon? (Well, technically it was a skull.)

expirement10K14
2007-09-24, 06:24 PM

I do not hate halo, I hate 2&3. 2 was just horrible, 3 stole too much. The name of the city in the first level of halo is take from a level from halo Custom Edition.
H2_New_Mombasa
And the mongoose was also stolen from h2_yoyorost_island.
Edit: It wasnt H1 mod for H2, it was the other way around

Edit2: Glassing, try reading the Halo novels, that guy came up with glassing, and its not that amazing, they fling plasma until everything is destroyed, not that great.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-24, 06:44 PM
So you're saying that the company who originally made the game stole material from a mod for another game in the same series?

Well geez. Now I'm gonna have to boycott Halo 3. :smalltongue:
Hahahahahanonotreally

Leper_Kahn
2007-09-24, 07:04 PM
Expirement10K14 what are you talking about? I modded on the Mac Forums at Halo Mods and Halo Dev for a year. (My named was Napoleon Blown-apart) It was after halo 2 was released, but I'll tell you this much. I remember H2_New_Mombasa coming out. A guy named bobindashadows ported it to mac a month after it came out on PC. Halo 2 had been out for maybe a year or longer. The map was incredibly similar to the single player halo 2 level, and there was a reason for it. It was a multiplayer map made to mimic that halo 2 level...

I don't know about the mongoose but a game that invented a significantly new car I would have known about.

BTW Halo: Custom Edition can be found here: http://planethalo.gamespy.com/haloce/

Also I find it hard to believe that the community of Halo: CE (Custom Edition) could have come up with anything nearly as creative as the new things in Halo 3. As a member of this community for a long time I feel I know what I'm talking about. The best mods were other games "turned into" Halo games.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-24, 08:07 PM
woot
im so happy as some guy would say "let the tea bagging begin"

expirement10K14
2007-09-24, 08:53 PM
I do have to say, shield grenades are unbalancing, sorry if you think I'm wrong about New Mombasa, and that I'll post my feelings again in a few days after I have played campaign at a friends house, as my opinion came from the (horrible) Multi-Player beta.

RTGoodman
2007-09-25, 02:27 AM
And I know officially own the game! I haven't played the Campaign mode yet, but I already like a lot about the Multiplayer. For instance, probably one of my favorite new maps is the one called "The Pit."

Of course, I won't be satisfied until they do a Halo 3 version of Lockout (a.k.a. the best Halo multiplayer map ever).

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-25, 02:45 AM
I'm picking it up tomorrow after work. Why, you might ask? Because the place I pre-ordered it from isn't doing a midnight release. I do, however, have a preorder. I am guaranteed a copy. Once I have it I shall play it incessantly.

In other news: I fail to see how a company is able to steal something when they own the IP for it.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-25, 10:03 AM
my proorder should be coming in the mail today and I am planning on having 3 friends come over for co-op

Afraidofsharpie
2007-09-25, 10:36 AM
Once I'm done with classes today (3pm) I'm heading to my friends to lay waste to them in multiplayer which is going to make my day I think

Chaos Bringer
2007-09-25, 11:37 AM
So i got my legendary edition and i gotta say... that helmet is pretty freakin cool. havent even had time to crack open the game, but my helmet is awesome.

expirement10K14
2007-09-25, 02:24 PM
If your asking about stealing from what I said, they don't own the IP, CE was made by fans as a mod to halo 1, and it is a mod, not owned by bungie. And now that I've played it I have to say, really bad. Combine all the hate I've had at the game, and your getting closer.

Destro_Yersul
2007-09-26, 02:00 AM
Mod or not, it used Bungie's property. Halo, the Halo Universe, and all characters and derivatives thereof are property of Bungie by virtue of a little thing called copyright law. They own the IP. Anything made using their characters, their game engine, or their universe is, by extension, theirs as well.

Also: Halo 3 kicks holy ass.

Ranis
2007-09-26, 06:13 AM
And the mongoose was also stolen from h2_yoyorost_island.

I just wanted to point it out that Bungie wanted to put the Mongoose in H2, but they didn't have the room or time to do so, so it was left out. Look at some of the videos coming out for it, or the very very early-released screenshots of what H2's multiplayer was supposed to be-you will see Moongooses. So there was probably a render skin or some kind of easter egg hidden in the code of the Mongoose that they just missed, and this guy found it and put them in the mod.

In short, you have no idea what you're talking about.

LordVader
2007-09-26, 10:10 AM
If your asking about stealing from what I said, they don't own the IP, CE was made by fans as a mod to halo 1, and it is a mod, not owned by bungie. And now that I've played it I have to say, really bad. Combine all the hate I've had at the game, and your getting closer.

Enough with the "OMG BUNGI3 AND HALO AR3 T3H SUXXORZ!" already. If it wasn't for Bungie, those mods wouldn't even exist. Thus, even if Bungie did "steal" those things, which I doubt, it wouldn't be stealing, since they own the franchise and everything related to it.

Please take your rant somewhere else.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-26, 11:34 AM
holy crap!!!!

halo 3 is frikin awesome the campaign rocks i cant wait till aftyer my robodics class from the local collage is done and i can come finish the fight

The J Pizzel
2007-09-26, 01:07 PM
Allow me to review it now that I've played the hell out of it.

On the topic of Shield Bubble's (which are power-ups, not grenades). They are not at all overpowering. First off, there are a large of amount of different power-ups you can pick up. However, you can only carry one at a time. The Sheild Bubble is not at all the most powerful of them. In short, you throw it down and it suppress any and all bullets from entering OR LEAVING. So you can't shoot out of it while your in it. It's pretty much a place to safely reload and let your shield re-charge. Using it in a close fight is useless, as the opponent can just run in the bubble with you and kill you.

Some of the other power-ups are as follows:

Power Drain - a blue orb that sucks the shield of everyone in a radius and eventually blows up. Good to throw down when running in a room full of bad guys.

Grav Lift - a little lift that shoots you in the air. Really not that useful. If your quick enough, you can lift yourself out of the way of incoming vehicles.

Cover Shield - a small semi-circle shield like the ones often found in the game. After it takes enough damage, it blows up.

Flare - a flash bang. I tend to use the hell out of this thing. Get on a ledge with a bunch of bad guys underneath and throw it in the room and watch them scatter. Your entire screen goes white and you can't see ****t. It's lovely.

Radar Jammer - my personnal favorite. Throw this down and everyones radar starts showing red dots all over the place so they can't find which one is you. I've actually one several team slayer games by myself (meaning everyone on my team quits) by employing this often.

Health Generator (or something like that) - Everyone standing in the radius doens't lose shield while being shot.

There are more, but I'm forgetting them.

On Grenades:
There are now four grenades that you cycle through using the LB button. You can only carry two of any one kind. Which I love. There aren't nearly as many grenade-gasms in multiplayer and live. They are as follows (in order from left to right on your screen):

Frag - duh

Plasma - duh

Sticky - these are the ****t. Think of the movie "The Fifth Element". Remember when there in the lobby of the hotel and bruce willis throws this little grenade with spikes on the balcony? Thats this thing. It sticks to walls and vehicles and such and blows up pretty nicely. It blows up Ghosts, Mongoos's, Warthogs, Choppers, and Banshee's in ONE STICK.

The last is some kinda Incendiary. I've only got it once or twice and I don't find it that effective.

There's more vehicles too. If yall want. I'll write a review on them and how their useful. As well as the new weapons. I just don't want to waste time and space if this isn't helpful to anyone. Yall just let me kow.

pizzel

Pwenet
2007-09-26, 08:16 PM
The last is some kinda Incendiary. I've only got it once or twice and I don't find it that effective.

Toss one of those at the Flood. Let's just say that the Flood HATE those (one grenade after about 5 seconds will kill the toughest flood forms. Same with the flamethrower).

Ranis
2007-09-26, 08:43 PM
Sticky - these are the ****t. Think of the movie "The Fifth Element". Remember when there in the lobby of the hotel and bruce willis throws this little grenade with spikes on the balcony? Thats this thing. It sticks to walls and vehicles and such and blows up pretty nicely. It blows up Ghosts, Mongoos's, Warthogs, Choppers, and Banshee's in ONE STICK.

I think the grenade type you're looking for is Spike Grenade.

Spike Grenade.

Stoneburr
2007-09-26, 08:55 PM
Heh, one of my favorite moments throughout the game was when a brute threw down a Bubble Shield, and 3 of his buddies piled in it. I ran in, threw a spike 'nade inside, and backed out. The Bubble Shield, being so you can't shoot out of it, reflected all of the spikes around the bubble, making the ultimate killzone. :smallbiggrin:

RTGoodman
2007-09-27, 10:03 AM
Radar Jammer - my personnal favorite. Throw this down and everyones radar starts showing red dots all over the place so they can't find which one is you. I've actually one several team slayer games by myself (meaning everyone on my team quits) by employing this often.

It's your favorite? Dear god, do I hate that thing. Not enough to quit a game over it though - I don't want to lose my sweet, sweet ranking! I do love the flashbang thing, though.

If you don't find it effective, try this: go to the Forge (the map semi-editor thing) and have a bunch of friends with you. Everybody turn into the Oracle and pop out a bunch of respawns for the Incendiary Grenades (or whatever they're called), and then run around trying to "stick" each other with them. It's an instant kill if you can actually hit them with one (and an instant medal - "You incinerated X!"

And even if it's not the most effective thing ever, it's at least super-cool.

thorgrim29
2007-09-27, 10:24 AM
Yea, Halo 3 rocks.... I'm just wondering if you can use the chopper and the prowler in multiplayer, that would be very cool..... My fave moment for now was the
squad of marines on mongooses with a rocket-weilding passenger

Oh and for the story, does anyone else see a link with ghosts of onyx?

The J Pizzel
2007-09-27, 10:25 AM
Toss one of those at the Flood. Let's just say that the Flood HATE those (one grenade after about 5 seconds will kill the toughest flood forms. Same with the flamethrower).

Oops, I forgot to admit that I'd never used that grenade in the campaign. Now I can see it's uses. Good Point.

I think the grenade type you're looking for is Spike Grenade.

Spike Grenade.

That's what I was looking for. You my friend are a freakin genious. Is that what there actually called in the game?

If you don't find it effective, try this: go to the Forge (the map semi-editor thing) and have a bunch of friends with you. Everybody turn into the Oracle and pop out a bunch of respawns for the Incendiary Grenades (or whatever they're called), and then run around trying to "stick" each other with them. It's an instant kill if you can actually hit them with one (and an instant medal - "You incinerated X!"

Haven't played in the forge much. Good to know.

And even if it's not the most effective thing ever, it's at least super-cool.

Agreed.

It's your favorite? Dear god, do I hate that thing. Not enough to quit a game over it though - I don't want to lose my sweet, sweet ranking! I do love the flashbang thing, though.

Oh, I never said it wan't annoying when it's done to you. But I still think it's one of the most effective in the game. If your about to enter an area full of bad guys, throw that puppy down, grab a shot gun and they'll never know what hit em.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-27, 11:02 AM
I agree thromgrim but i don't think thats really spoiler worthy

and I love the flood omg its awesome how they just take over the marines bodies with no cut scenes

Missing Shoe
2007-09-27, 02:53 PM
Just beat halo 3 last night in one day. Gotta say, not impressed. Of course I was never a huge fan of Halo, I dont quite understand why it is so popular. I would rather play Quake, Unreal Tournament, heck, Goldeneye 007 for the n64, any day.

Forge mode is kind of fun just to mess around with a friend. We were up at 4 am last playing baseball with the hammer and vehicles.

IMO, this game is nothing special.

OneWinged4ngel
2007-09-27, 03:05 PM
Hmmm... I just got this game last night... and I'm already a rank 32 Lieutenant in Lone Wolves (About rank 20 in a few other modes, like Doubles). I'm a bit disappointed by the campaign so far, to be completely honest (ESPECIALLY after having just played through BioShock's kickass campaign), though I've not quite finished it yet. Also, I'm apparently not nearly as good with the sniper as I was in Halo 1 and 2... or Gears of War for that matter.

On the other hand, the needler is totally awesome in select situations now, as opposed to useless. The mauler is totally sexy. And swords matches are at least a little less lame by the addition of that little parrying dealie they added to spice it up. The matchmaking system is great.

By the way, my Live name is the same as my OOTS name: OneWinged4ngel.

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-27, 05:36 PM
I just beat the campaign (on Easy, though).

The graphics are awesome!
Also, I personally love being able to rip a turret off of its base.
And the Hornet rules. :smalltongue:

On Live, I'm TheGreenKnight9.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-27, 08:36 PM
stupid cable and making me not have the the hd (even though i payed for the tv) my mom and sis keep hogging it and dreaded school work

I love fighting scarabs its so fun and grav hammer rocks

wot im really impressed with the graphics on the flood I mean watching a marine just get taking over by flood with your own eyes and no cutscenes

Mr. Moogle
2007-09-27, 08:54 PM
Just got it 2 days ago. And i have to say its a great game, just shy of total gaming nirvanaand the campaign adds a thrilling conclusion to an epic series. ( I really liked in the earlier levels the cortana-spasms ). I also want to know what is the last boss? i think it may be cortana or the gravemind but i cant be sure.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-28, 11:02 AM
wow i keep thiking im on the last level and then it keeps addin more when will this game end!!!!!

also flood parts are more challenging with the new forms

Darken Rahl
2007-09-28, 11:53 AM
I love that fact that the marines with you are Mal and Jayne from Firefly (the actors).

Ron Perlman's in it, too.

Darken Rahl
2007-09-28, 11:54 AM
Just got it 2 days ago. And i have to say its a great game, just shy of total gaming nirvanaand the campaign adds a thrilling conclusion to an epic series. ( I really liked in the earlier levels the cortana-spasms ). I also want to know what is the last boss? i think it may be cortana or the gravemind but i cant be sure.

The last boss, if you wanna call it that, is Guilty Spark.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-28, 12:03 PM
IVE BEAT THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours total playtime I feel so acheaved now its time to go beat it on legendary

Ranis
2007-09-29, 12:17 PM
I'm very satisfied with what they did to the storyline for Halo. I beat it by myself on Heroic, saw the end, was confused and disappointed; but I went back on Legendary, and was happy and very pleased with the direction that they chose to go with ending the trilogy.

Also, Gravity Hammer.

Multiplayer continues to be badass as usual, though I deeply miss a beaver creek-like map for small CTF games. I wish Forge had more options in it; I want to completely customize one team's weapon sets, or make one team spawn with one weapon and the other team with another, and make it so both teams can't pick up weapons. I want to be able to have complete control, and so far, Bungie has only given us about 40%.

Also, holy crappins am I a BR whore. (http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/CareerStats.aspx?player=RanisTheSlayer&social=true&map=0)

Logic
2007-09-29, 04:35 PM
Despite being "in the sandbox" I got to play through the first level when someone brought it out here. I like the gameplay and the controls, but the graphics are a little less than I was expecting for the human faces.

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-29, 06:11 PM
I just tried my first Campaign mission on Legendary.

My god. :smalleek:

I took so many beam rifle shots to the face. I couldn't even beat the first level, Sierra 117. I'm starting to realize how good my friend is at Halo to even survive.

Ranis
2007-09-29, 10:02 PM
Despite being "in the sandbox" I got to play through the first level when someone brought it out here. I like the gameplay and the controls, but the graphics are a little less than I was expecting for the human faces.

See, it kinda really annoys me when someone (there have been quite a few at the club I'm the president of's meetings) mentions that the graphics are sub-par, as if they were expecting something along the lines of Gears of War. Well, I'll tell you what-being a very pretty game isn't what Halo is about, never has been, and never will be. If they made H3 as pretty as Gears is, then the games would burn up from causing the 360 to think too much, they would have been unreadable from one tiny scratch, and the game would have been dumbed down in order to accomodate for the memory put into the most minute textures. A large reason why Gears was able to look as pretty as it is is because there is no Z axis in Gears-you can't jump. So I'll take the slightly sub-optimized graphics in turn for what I consider to be the best FPS on the market with a map editor (on a CONSOLE) and a kickass storyline.

Graphics don't make the game. Gameplay does. Sony forgot that. Nintendo didn't. Where is Microsoft? You decide.

Logic
2007-09-29, 10:37 PM
See, it kinda really annoys me when someone (there have been quite a few at the club I'm the president of's meetings) mentions that the graphics are sub-par, as if they were expecting something along the lines of Gears of War. Well, I'll tell you what-being a very pretty game isn't what Halo is about, never has been, and never will be. If they made H3 as pretty as Gears is, then the games would burn up from causing the 360 to think too much, they would have been unreadable from one tiny scratch, and the game would have been dumbed down in order to accomodate for the memory put into the most minute textures. A large reason why Gears was able to look as pretty as it is is because there is no Z axis in Gears-you can't jump. So I'll take the slightly sub-optimized graphics in turn for what I consider to be the best FPS on the market with a map editor (on a CONSOLE) and a kickass storyline.

Graphics don't make the game. Gameplay does. Sony forgot that. Nintendo didn't. Where is Microsoft? You decide.I never said sub-par. I was expecting a little more when it comes to a human face. The graphics otherwise have been solid, and I have no complaints about them. So far, the game is fun, and I would like to see more. But my first impression still stands. I was expecting more for a human face. That's it.

LesterLester
2007-09-30, 04:12 AM
Wow, now, I've seen the end of my favourite fps...(in a crazy 6 hour-in-the-night-run, because i don't own an xbox 360 and had to finish the fight as long as I had the chance ). in my opinion, the story came to a great ending in halo 3. The setting is so much darker than the other parts(masterchief fights with mankinds best remaining soldiers: construction workers^^) and bungie didn't repeat the mistakes from the 2 other parts (like backtracking from hell). Well, but I guess, I have a quite emotional relationship to the halo series..owning all novels(the conncetions to the story make it even more fun)
and playing the halo games from the start(argh..i mean REALLY often, because, where i live, that's the most interesting stuff to do :( so thats just my opinion.

Somehow, this game reminds me to Kotor 2, you know, it's this: wow, is that the ending? NO, there's one more just even crazier level and when you think it's done, GUESS WHAT! One more level!!!! huw, from climax to climax...

Oh, I hope you didn't forget to wait after the credits for halo's traditional story extra!!!

Ranis
2007-09-30, 08:48 AM
Oh, I hope you didn't forget to wait after the credits for halo's traditional story extra!!!

That's only when you beat it on Legendary.

thorgrim29
2007-09-30, 09:07 AM
I got it at heroic..... But man, i have to wonder, what about Ghosts of Onyx's survivors, did they die, did they survive, were they there to begin with?

kirbsys
2007-09-30, 09:51 AM
Nope. I got it on Normal last night. Im pretty sure you can get it on any difficulty so long as you sit through the creds. BTW, anyone else think that last part where you drive the Warthog over the exploding ship was THE best part in the game?

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-30, 10:38 AM
Nope. I got it on Normal last night. Im pretty sure you can get it on any difficulty so long as you sit through the creds. BTW, anyone else think that last part where you drive the Warthog over the exploding ship was THE best part in the game?

That was just awesome. That part was at least in my top three favorite sections of the game.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-30, 08:55 PM

please use spoilers i have beat the game but other people havent and i know if i saw that id be pissed for ruining the ending level

Mr._Blinky
2007-09-30, 10:24 PM
That's only when you beat it on Legendary.

No, it's there on all settings. It's just that there's another few seconds on Legendary, though you don't really miss much. Still, cool to see.

I have to say, I really liked the ending. Though it would be nice to know what finally happened.

Ranis
2007-09-30, 10:26 PM
Okay, so you don't see the full thing on any other difficulty, but that last few seconds of it is quite a lot. You do miss out on more if you don't see the whole thing.

Rocky Raccoon
2007-10-01, 03:27 PM
I finished the fight and am now in the process of getting some armor for my elite.

p.s. anyone who plays in matchmaking getting sick of all the hayabusa armour? I know I am..

p.p.s. the ending with the warthog reminded me of halo 1 and the pillar of autumn.

blackout
2007-10-01, 03:40 PM
p.p.s. the ending with the warthog reminded me of halo 1 and the pillar of autumn.

SPOILER! :smallfurious:

But, yeah, it's a callback.

Crispy Dave
2007-10-01, 05:11 PM
people and spoiling endings these days in my day we tracked people down and destroyed them and all who were with him ,bathed in thier blood as we ate thier kidneys in a stew(my old sig)

evisiron
2007-10-01, 07:23 PM
I played bits of it through at a friends. We were getting near the end going "Huh, fighting through flood infested ship. Sounds Like Halo 1" then "Ok, now escaping Flood on foot. Halo 1 'reference' again. Hehe, wouldnt it be funny if they did the whole 'escape on a warthog' thing again too?" My friend: "Dude, dont even joke. That would be such a ripoff" Seconds later. My friend: "Oh my god, they are doing the Halo 1 thing again! ARGH! DAMMIT!". I thought it was pretty cool, but he was pissed! :smallbiggrin: And we didnt wait through the credits the first time and thought they killed off Master Chief! We ranted a bit about MC surviving all that only to die because of backwash, but saw the other ending later and went "Yay!".

Now I am just waiting for them to make games of the the prequel novels when there are loads of Spartans!

Crispy Dave
2007-10-01, 10:41 PM
the only thing that couldov made the ending better was mongooses instead

Darken Rahl
2007-10-02, 07:36 AM

That should be the legendary end level. That or no vehicles, just to piss people off. :)

Ranis
2007-10-02, 07:53 AM

It would've been too easy to get picked off of a Mongoose by one of the sentinels in the air, or the random shot from some of the flood wandering around.

Crispy Dave
2007-10-02, 10:21 AM
and the sioler was not needed there were already 2 people who did the same thing and i think evryonesbeaten the game at this piont

Mr._Blinky
2007-10-02, 10:19 PM
GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I was this-freaking-close to getting my 15K achievement on The Covenant! On Normal, with no skulls! I was 30 freaking seconds from the time limit to get my x2 bonus! I ended up with 1.5, bringing me to 1.5K short!

GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Crispy Dave
2007-10-02, 11:21 PM
not to sound noobish but i don't have live yet and do achievements give you Microsoft points?

Ranis
2007-10-03, 07:51 AM
and the sioler was not needed there were already 2 people who did the same thing and i think evryonesbeaten the game at this piont

Actually, it was. Just because others are going to be noobish and ruin things doesn't mean I was going to.

Crispy Dave
2007-10-03, 11:27 AM
lol i typed sioler

Darken Rahl
2007-10-03, 02:12 PM
Is there a way to find people on XBox live aside from friends with which to campaign?

Ranis
2007-10-03, 02:16 PM
Yes, there is. My gamertag is RanisTheSlayer, and I'm on often, though with midterms looming I haven't been on as much. But add me and link a voice message telling me who you are, and we'll play sometime.

That goes for anyone else who wants to add me, as well. Just keep in mind that I'm very competitive. :smallamused:

Darken Rahl
2007-10-03, 04:03 PM
That's OK, because I'm not, really. I'll probably get my ass kicked, but it'll be fun. :) And I'll just follow orders.

My gamertag is Darkn Rahl. Original, eh? At least I used something remotely close to a name instead of headshotslayer4536, even if I didn't make it up. :smalltongue:

Crispy Dave
2007-10-03, 06:24 PM
ive ordered my xbox wireless reciever so i will be on live within a week

Ranis
2007-10-04, 08:07 AM
That's OK, because I'm not, really. I'll probably get my ass kicked, but it'll be fun. :) And I'll just follow orders.

My gamertag is Darkn Rahl. Original, eh? At least I used something remotely close to a name instead of headshotslayer4536, even if I didn't make it up. :smalltongue:

Awesome. People with random numbers or letters in their gamertags, or gamertags with numbers replacing letters, or gamertags with something to the effect of "Ix Username xI" annoy me as well. Seriously, be original people. D=

Crispy Dave
2007-10-05, 01:57 PM
yup thats why im crispydave all the way

A Rainy Knight
2007-10-05, 02:13 PM
not to sound noobish but i don't have live yet and do achievements give you Microsoft points?

Nope. Good ol' Microsoft only gives out points for cash.

Darken Rahl
2007-10-05, 02:18 PM
Points really don't get me anything I really want, besides some smaller games which I would be forced to buy anyhow.

The pictures and themes have enough free ones to make me happy.

Ranis
2007-10-05, 02:21 PM
Arcade games are quite fun and in my opinion worth the money I've spent on the few that I have. Also, Bungie is giving a 850-point upgrade to Halo 3, that lets you store up to 30 videos in your file share and more than quadruples your data storage for such purposes.

Darken Rahl
2007-10-05, 02:43 PM
Arcade games are quite fun and in my opinion worth the money I've spent on the few that I have. Also, Bungie is giving a 850-point upgrade to Halo 3, that lets you store up to 30 videos in your file share and more than quadruples your data storage for such purposes.

Absolutely, but those are things that I would have purchased using money anyhow, instead of expecting them for free. the things that I expect for free and cost MS Points I simply don't need, so there's no big deal. :)

Soveliss
2007-10-05, 03:48 PM
I love Halo 3:smallbiggrin:

Mr._Blinky
2007-10-05, 08:06 PM
I'll likely be getting XBL again this weekend, at which point I'll definitely want to play somebody in the campaign. I'm Hells DM on live.

Ranis
2007-10-05, 09:41 PM
It's about time dude, I've only sent you about 238429846327782 invites.

Jeez.

Mr._Blinky
2007-10-05, 11:15 PM
It's about time dude, I've only sent you about 238429846327782 invites.

Jeez.

...and to every one I've replied that I still don't have live yet. When I get it, I'll be sending out a blanket message to anyone on my Friends list, so you'll see it.

Mr. Mud
2007-10-06, 02:23 PM
On a different note, how does the new map editor run? does it lag whne people are using it? :smallconfused:

Ranis
2007-10-06, 05:46 PM
Nope, it's actually pretty smooth, just more limited than I was hoping for. You can even put your gametypes and edited maps in file share for others to download and enjoy.

Mr._Blinky
2007-10-06, 11:47 PM
Nope, it's actually pretty smooth, just more limited than I was hoping for. You can even put your gametypes and edited maps in file share for others to download and enjoy.

Yeah, ditto to that. For one thing, I'd like to be able to edit the map limits on weapons and vehicles. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't be able to put as many Hornets out as I want? And even if it's a balance issue, the other side gets the same amount, so what's the problem?

Ranis
2007-10-07, 04:57 AM
the other side gets the same amount...

That is the problem. You can put anything anywhere, and that's where it spawns. I've seen a couple of asshats make custom Valhalla maps where the only weapons on the map spawn in only one of the bases. Yeah. Whoppee is that fun, lemme tell ya.

Destro_Yersul
2007-10-07, 06:04 AM
That's why I like finding a "middle ground" area and piling it full of stuff.

I would like it if there were more maps I could spawn hornets on though.

Keymort
2007-10-07, 06:48 AM
If you've beat the game on legendary, when you wait till after the credits there are two cutscenes.
If you are weak willed, you wil open the following spoiler to gain a description of them.

!!!!!!!!!!
MASTERCHEIF DOESN'T DIE!
!!!!!!!!!!
1:
Shows the spaceship flying away from halo and going though a partal.
What happens though, is the portal closes before the whole ship gets through, slicing the ship in half. Rember that masterchief and Cortana are in the back of the ship.
You see Masterchief taking Cortana out of him and inserting her into a ship panel next to a Cryogenic Chamber and then Master Chief goes to sleep on ice.

"Wake me up if something happens"
"But that might be in YEARS!"

2: After that, you see a scene where the back half of the ship slowly floats towards a planet, absolutely COVERED in cities, that are dark and tinged with red. (Like that planet in Starwars, but less grey and more blackish)

So mastercheif lives, but I doubt there will be a halo 4.

I actually watched this, as my friend finished it under my house with his xbox, (I am way to nooby to beat it.) so I didn't get it 2nd hand.

EDIT: Now I feel kinda dumb, because I thought you only got the last cutscene on legendary... I read back past this page =P.