PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Intelligence Spellcasters and Feats (3.5)

ArtAndor
2018-06-09, 04:10 PM
Hello. I have started playing in a campaign recently and I am playing a factotum/wizard, which is currently at level 2. I am very content with it, but I was wondering if there were other spellcasting classes or variations of thereof that used Intelligence as primary modifier? (I am aware of Artificer, Duskblade and Psion)

On another and similar note: I was also wondering if there were any interesting feats that used Intelligence. Somehting like "Force of Personality" that makes lets you use CHA mod instead of WIS for will saves.

Only WoTC 3.5 published content and supplements, please.

Thanks in advance!

Goaty14
2018-06-09, 05:21 PM
-Insightful Reflexes (CAdv), Int-to-Reflex
-Archivist (HoH) Divine Wizard that can cast druid/ranger/paladin spells if he finds the right scrolls
-Faerie Mysteries Initiate (Dragon Mag.) Int-to-HP, though requires somebody else with the feat and some... unsettling stuff
-Erudite (CPsi, maybe?) Psion that knows a ton of powers, but can only manifest so many unique ones/day
-Truenamer (ToM) You're kidding, right?

Allanimal
2018-06-10, 12:09 AM
Both the Wu Jen and Beguiler are casting classes that use INT as the casting stat.

ryu
2018-06-10, 12:36 AM
While it's technically an ACF spontaneous divination trades out a feat for the ability to cast any divination spell you know from a slot of the appropriate level. This is quite useful to wizards because it means you no longer need prepare any divination. Also depending on table it giving you the ability to cast spells spontaneously qualifies you for versatile spellcaster which is a feat that allows you to sacrifice two slots of the same level to cast any spell you know one level higher than that of the slots sacrificed.

Also take a one level dip into mindbender to qualify for mindsight which is generally considered one of the best if not the best sensory options in the game. You also don't even drop any casting for it if memory serves.

Ramza00
2018-06-10, 12:47 AM
In Oriental Adventures there is a level 1 feat where if you were A) Human and B) from a certain region / clan you could do two things.

1) You may use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Wisdom modifier when making Heal, Sense Motive, Spot, or Survival checks. (These skills use Wisdom Modifier as a bonus to the skill check naturally and now they will use the Intelligence Modifier)

2) You may also use your Intelligence modifier instead of Wisdom when making a Will saving throw.

Effectively this is a similar thing to FR's regional feats but Oriental Adventures is a different setting than FR.

Troacctid
2018-06-10, 03:30 AM
Base classes:

Archivist (also Wis)
Artificer
Bardic Sage (also Cha)
Beguiler
Death Master
Duskblade
Factotum
Lurk
Magewright
Psion
Psychic Rogue
Savant (also Wis)
Shadowcaster (also Cha)
Spellcaster, Generic
Wizard
Wu Jen

Prestige classes:

Assassin
Avenger
Beholder Mage
Chameleon (also Wis)
Cultist of the Shattered Peak
Cyre Scout
Ebonmar Infiltrator
Gnome Artificer
Hoardstealer
Merchant Prince
Prime Underdark Guide
Psi-Hunter
Psionic Assassin
Shade Hunter
Shadowsmith
Telflammar Shadowlord
Thayan Slaver
Trapsmith

Monsters with racial casting:

Elder Brain, Psionic
Ethergaunt, Black
Ethergaunt, Red
Ethergaunt, White
Guardinal, Ursinal
Mind Flayer, Psionic
Mind Flayer, Ulitharid, Psionic
Fensir
Arcanist Varrangoin
Hobgoblin Warcaster
Hobgoblin Warsoul
Marrutact
Titan, Elder
Unbodied

ArtAndor
2018-06-10, 10:18 AM
Thank you for replies! There eneded up being more options for Intelligence than I first thought.

Thanks again!

Malimar
2018-06-10, 10:24 AM
You may be interested in the X Stat To Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus) thread.

Also, Warmage is (almost) worth a mention: it casts from Charisma, but gets Intelligence as a bonus to spell damage.

Silva Stormrage
2018-06-11, 03:48 AM
Base classes:

Archivist (also Wis)
Artificer
Bardic Sage (also Cha)
Beguiler
Death Master
Duskblade
Factotum
Lurk
Magewright
Psion
Psychic Rogue
Savant (also Wis)
Shadowcaster (also Cha)
Spellcaster, Generic
Wizard
Wu Jen

Prestige classes:

Assassin
Avenger
Beholder Mage
Chameleon (also Wis)
Cultist of the Shattered Peak
Cyre Scout
Ebonmar Infiltrator
Gnome Artificer
Hoardstealer
Merchant Prince
Prime Underdark Guide
Psi-Hunter
Psionic Assassin
Shade Hunter
Shadowsmith
Telflammar Shadowlord
Thayan Slaver
Trapsmith

Monsters with racial casting:

Elder Brain, Psionic
Ethergaunt, Black
Ethergaunt, Red
Ethergaunt, White
Guardinal, Ursinal
Mind Flayer, Psionic
Mind Flayer, Ulitharid, Psionic
Fensir
Arcanist Varrangoin
Hobgoblin Warcaster
Hobgoblin Warsoul
Marrutact
Titan, Elder
Unbodied

This seems to be from a list of some sort. Do you have a similar one with Wis/Charisma?

Troacctid
2018-06-11, 04:06 AM
This seems to be from a list of some sort. Do you have a similar one with Wis/Charisma?
Yeah, I have a whole spreadsheet in my sig. Here you go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1geywITbI4M-Up08SGD-rUHlnobR66aIgKqu7mILkmhU/edit#gid=1606060866