PDA

View Full Version : Dhampirs and Luminious Armor (pathfinder/d&d 3.5 crossovver) question

SirVire
2018-06-09, 06:44 PM
So, im in a mostly 3.5 dnd campaign being run by my best friend and roommate. Now, its a crossover campaign with rules form dnd 3.5 edition and pathfinder because he wanted to bring firearms (muskets, and such level of tech) and gunslingers into the world he is building, and pathfinder has clear rules on handling guns that is compatible with 3.5. As a result, he is allowing content from pathfinder, namely all races within reason and additional classes that doesn't have a direct equivalent in 3.5 (so gunslingers and alchemists are OK, but you need to use 3.5's paladin and fighter, for example).

Now, I'm playing a dhampir (moroi-born version) and was going through different 3.5 spells when the following question comes to mind.

Now. Dhampirs, much like Drow, are affected by Luminous armor blinding effects (see Daylight spell). However, if one were to cast Luminous armor upon them self, would they still be affected?

I want to say yes, but i also want to be sure before i shoot down the idea.

Goaty14
2018-06-09, 07:21 PM
-Yes, you will always be in the effect of daylight when you cast luminous armor on yourself. However, casting darkness on yourself too (a lvl 3 spell), negates the daylight effect.

Malroth
2018-06-09, 08:43 PM
Finally a use for 3.5 darkness. I knew there was one somewhere.