PDA

View Full Version : Payment Issues

Lingerance
2007-09-07, 07:10 PM
My brother started working part-time at a large company, they require banking information as they only do direct deposits in to the employee's bank account. They don't issue checks for any reason. My brother has gone to the bank (3 times now I think) to get his account information to submit to his employer. He's been there for a month and has yet to be paid. All I can do is suggest he threaten to quit and sue. Any other options?

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-07, 07:36 PM
Usually when you start a job somewhere new (unless your paperwork was completed well in advance of the beginning of employment) the first check you get is typically not received two weeks later (one pay period) than you would normally think. Example: I start working September first, and that pay period ends on the 15th. I do not receive the check the next week, but will get that check two weeks later. It may even take a little longer with the direct deposit. I'd tell your brother to wait until the next check comes out and see if he's got his money. If he doesn't, then I suggest he go talk to the payroll department. Whatever you do, I highly recommend you not tell him to quit or sue. These logistical things can take time. All you have to do is be patient.

Lingerance
2007-09-07, 09:29 PM
Actually he did get paid today, the company does pay out every week, not bi-monthly, so not getting paid for a month was kind-of an alarm, also every employer I had when they ran into a situation where direct deposit did not work they made a check. Anyways, yes I kinda over-reacted, but all is good now.