PDA

View Full Version : Feats to Increase Caster level of Minor Schemas

Yogibear41
2018-06-10, 09:38 PM
Are there any feats that one can take to increase the caster level of a minor schema? Say I have a Minor Schema of Magic Missile, but normally it will always cast at CL 1st, is there any feat I can take that could boost the CL so I could make additional missiles or overcome a higher Spell resistance?

I know of the Enhance Item feat from the Epic level handbook, so was hoping for something like that, but for Caster level instead.

Another question:

In the description of the Minor Schemas, it lists the caster level as "the minimum required to cast the spell or infusion stored in the item"
Say the Minor Schema in question is that of Lightning Bolt, which is normally a 3rd level spell, minimum caster level of 5th if cast by a wizard, but say this Minor Schema was created by an Adept instead which would need a minimum caster level of 8th to cast Lightning bolt. Would said Schema then have an increased CL if made by an Adept instead of say a Wizard?

Kelb_Panthera
2018-06-11, 01:14 AM
The minimum caster level rule puts spells on multiple lists at the wizard level by default, then cleric if it's not on the wizard list, then druid if it's on neither. Spells that only appear on one list use the minimum for that class, obviously.

It's also noteworthy that such items can be made at higher than the minimum caster level at a commensurate cost. For lesser schema, that price is the level of the spell times the caster level desired times 400gp.

If you're creating the item, you must use at least the minimum caster level at which a character of your class can cast the spell but can go as high as your current caster level. The cost is as above, divided in half, plus 1/25 of the above cost in XP.

Yogibear41
2018-06-11, 01:26 AM
Don't see any option for increasing caster level in Magic of Eberron, only has a set cost for a set spell level with the minimum caster level.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-06-11, 01:33 AM
You're looking in the wrong place. Pg 47 on the etch schema feat gives the formula I provided. The entry on 122 is the typical case, same as for scrolls and potions.

Yogibear41
2018-06-11, 01:45 AM
Oh I see it now.